Views - October 2015
- Review: LDK GN 1 ()
- The List - 6 Times Anime Went Full Halloween ()
- ANNCast - Ghoul Runnings ()
- Answerman - Is Japan Over-Reacting To Ai Takabe's Arrest? ()
- The Resurrection of Vampire Hunter D Part I: Hideyuki Kikuchi ()
- Review: Fatal Frame 5: Maiden of Black Water ()
- The X Button - Blasting Away ()
- Review: Selector Infected WIXOSS BD+DVD ()
- The Sex-Obsessed Cyberpunk Dystopia of Shimoneta ()
- Answerman - How Popular Are American Movies In Japan? ()
- Review: Durarara!! x 2 Volume 1 ()
- Answerman - Are There More American Otaku Than Japanese Otaku? ()
- The Best and Worst of the Season So Far: Week of October 15-21 ()
- Shelf Life - One Good Turn ()
- Review: Inari Kon Kon BD+DVD ()
- Review: Kiss Him, Not Me GN 1 ()
- The List - 6 Ridiculous School Uniform Designs ()
- Review: The Rising of the Shield Hero Novel 1 ()
- Answerman - Do Anime Creators Pay Attention To Reviews? ()
- Review: Hetalia The World Twinkle: Episodes 1-15 Streaming ()
- ANNCast - Angel Beatings ()
- Gatchaman Crowds Explained ()
- The X Button - Might Be Wrong ()
- Review: Aldnoah.Zero Part II Blu-Ray ()
- Mobile Suit Gundam: Where to Start and What's Worth Watching ()
- Review: Attack on Titan: End of the World ()
- Answerman - How Did American Manga Releases Become Right-To-Left? ()
- Review: Yoshi's Woolly World ()
- Review: Please Twins! DVD ()
- Shelf Life - Don't Panic ()
- Review: K-ON! Blu-Ray ()
- Answerman - Why Are OVAs Formatted Like TV Episodes? ()
- The Mike Toole Show - It's Always Tsuneo ()
- Review: QQ Sweeper GN 1 ()
- Daily Streaming Reviews: Haikyu!! Second Season ()
- Daily Streaming Reviews: Chivalry of a Failed Knight ()
- The List - 7 Vampires That Don't Suck ()
- Daily Streaming Reviews: Utawarerumono: The False Faces ()
- Daily Streaming Reviews: Owarimonogatari ()
- Review: Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya 2wei Herz! ()
- Daily Streaming Reviews: The Asterisk War ()
- Daily Streaming Reviews: Young Black Jack ()
- Daily Streaming Reviews: K: Return of Kings ()
- Daily Streaming Reviews: Noragami Aragoto ()
- Daily Streaming Reviews: Garo: Crimson Moon ()
- These Manga Need An Anime! ()
- Interview: The Pilot's Love Song director Toshimasa Suzuki ()
- Answerman - Is The Anime Glut And The American TV Glut The Same Thing? ()
- Review: The Ancient Magus' Bride GN 2 ()
- Daily Streaming Reviews: Heavy Object ()
- Daily Streaming Reviews: The Perfect Insider ()
- Daily Streaming Reviews: Beautiful Bones: Sakurako's Investigation ()
- Daily Streaming Reviews: Dance with Devils ()
- The X Button - Artful Ways ()
- Review: Attack on Titan: Harsh Mistress of the City Novel 1 ()
- Answerman - Where Do The English-Speaking Actors In Japan Come From? ()
- Review: Sword Art Online Novel 5 ()
- Review: Senki Zesshō Symphogear G ()
- Daily Streaming Reviews: Mr. Osomatsu ()
- Daily Streaming Reviews: Comet Lucifer ()
- Daily Streaming Reviews: Concrete Revolutio ()
- Answerman - Do Edited-For-Television Versions Of Anime Get Preserved? ()
- Review: When Marnie Was There BD+DVD ()
- Shelf Life - Breaking Wind ()
- Daily Streaming Reviews: Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans ()
- Daily Streaming Reviews: One-Punch Man ()
- Daily Streaming Reviews: Attack on Titan: Junior High ()
- The List - 7 Beauty & The Beast Couples ()
- ANNCast - Falling Together ()
- Review: Boruto -Naruto the Movie- ()
- Giant Robo and the Beautiful Night ()
- Answerman - What Would've Saved Manglobe? ()
- The X Button - Cat Fantasy ()
- Review: Garm Wars: The Last Druid ()
- Answerman - Does A Stronger US Dollar Help Anime Companies? ()
- Review: Snow White with the Red Hair Episodes 1-12 Streaming ()
- Answerman - What Makes An Anime A Crossover Hit? ()
- Review: Cute High Earth Defense Club LOVE! DVD 2+DVD ()
- Shelf Life - Under The Sea ()
- Review: Naruto, Vol. 72 ()
- The Best and Worst of the Season So Far: Week of September 23-29 ()
- The Mike Toole Show - Follow the Melos Brick Road ()
- The List - 7 Adventures on the High Seas ()
- Review: Servamp GN 1 - 3 ()
- ANNCast - A Funi Feeling ()
- Answerman - Why Did Funimation's Attack On Titan Subtitles Fail? ()
- Review: Monster Musume Episodes 1-12 Streaming ()
- Anime Spotlight Fall 2015 - The List ()
- The Fall 2015 Anime Preview Guide ()
- Interview: VAMPS' HYDE and K.A.Z ()
- Review: Persona 4 the Golden Animation Sub.Blu-Ray 2 ()
- Review: Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer ()
Loading next article...
How come other cable networks never bet on anime programming the way Cartoon Network did? Justin digs in. ― Jake asked: One thing I always found strange looking back at the anime boom was the lack of anime on Nickelodeon. At the time Nickelodeon was the second largest children to young adult network after Cartoon Network, which was in full swing with Toonami and later Adult Swim programming block. A...
James shotguns all 49 episodes of Kyoto Animation's beloved visual novel adaptation, while Paul breaks down all this week's new anime releases! ― My daily streaming review shows this season are A Place Further Than the Universe and Laid-Back Camp, which would normally give me a monopoly on all the comfy slice of life stuff. This ain't no ordinary season, though, and there are more shows in that genr...
Sailor Moon Crystal Part III is an improvement over the previous seasons with the addition of Sailors Uranus and Neptune. Rebecca Silverman has the details. ― The third season of Sailor Moon Crystal brings a few changes to the table even as it embarks on the difficult task of retelling a fan-favorite storyline from the classic series. Among the most noticeable shifts is the art – falling somewhere be...
Mike goes on a treasure hunt for short-form anime and uncovers a show about a sentient fart, which means the hunt was an enormous success. ― It's January, which means that I just killed the mid-month holiday weekend off at Arisia, Boston's largest science fiction and fantasy convention. This year, not only did I sit on panels on the furious Evangelion debate, fanservice, and other anime-related topic...
Whether you're already a fan of the anime version or not, Made in Abyss' manga is a journey worth undertaking. Rebecca Silverman dives into this fantasy manga's dark and fascinating world. ― At this point, the anime adaptation of Akihito Tsukushi's fantasy manga is better known to English-speakers, since its release predates that of the source manga. For the curious, this first volume covers the anim...
Watching anime doesn't have to be purely a shut-in pursuit! Here are six titles that encourage you to explore the wonders of the natural world. ― One of my favorite anime airing this season is Laid-Back Camp, a story that looks like another "cute girls doing cute things" anime on the surface but ended up delivering more for me. That's not to say that it doesn't star cute girls who mostly hang out do...
This manga spinoff of the surprise hit franchise brings some great art to the table but falls short on story. Rebecca Silverman has the details. ― The surprise hit anime of last year, Kemono Friends, is only one portion of a multimedia franchise – there are games, apps, and a variety of other bits and bobs to accompany the anime. Fly's two-volume manga Welcome to Japari Park, collected into a single ...
The Eureka Seven art contest has been extended, and we're adding new prizes! ― The Eureka Seven Hi-Evolution film series lands in theaters later this year. The original staff, chief director Tomoki Kyoda, screenplay writer Dai Sato, and character designer Kenichi Yoshida, have all returned. Other staff members from the past series, including character animation director Ayumi Kurashima, Shigeru Fujit...
Zac, Jacob and special guest Gabriella Ekens fiendishly devour as many of the 2018 winter premieres as they can, plus Godzilla: Planet of the Monsters! ― ANNCast Episode 317 - Winter 2018 Anime Roundup Zac, Jacob and special guest Gabriella Ekens fiendishly devour as many of the 2018 winter premieres as they can, plus Godzilla: Planet of the Monsters! You can listen to the show on our player here, d...
Older anime like Evangelion frequently have strange "jumps" in between edits - why is that, and what can be done about it? Justin goes in deep! ― K.o.R asked: Why, on a lot of older anime series, does the picture appear to jerk sideways whenever there is a cut? It's noticeable on things like the original release of Evangelion, for example. In the years before anime went all-digital, TV shows were ed...
One of the only American artists to ever serialize a manga in Japan, Part I of our interview with Peepo Choo mangaka Felipe Smith goes in-depth on the manga industry and his incredible career. ― “Unlike most manga-inspired artists I know, I wasn't so much wowed by the [style of] manga as I was by its incredible abundance of ordinary, lifelike, slice-of-life scenarios and characters.” Inspired by that...
The most popular Gundam series in the Western hemisphere finally comes to Blu-ray in this extravagant set filled with bonus goodies. But does the show still hold up 20 years later? Lauren Orsini finds out. ― Gundam Wing was one of the first anime I ever saw, and I'm not alone. When the show first aired on Cartoon Network's Toonami in 2000, it created a wave of brand new-anime fans who are now in thei...
The Raten Taisho: a festival where people with abnormal powers gather. ― Hitori No Shita The Outcast 2 (Raten Taisho Chapter) Official Website: http://hitorinoshita2.com/ Introduction Story Characters Cast & Staff Gallery An episode 0 (recap of the first season) will be broadcast on January 10, 2018 (JST). 1st episode of the season 2, will then start January 17, 2018 (JST). Key Staff Animation Produ...
To celebrate the release of the live action GINTAMA film, we are giving away awesome prize packs including exclusive merchandise only available in Japan! ― To celebrate the release of this laugh-out-loud Sci-Fi Samurai Comedy, we are giving away two awesome GINTAMA prize packs including exclusive merchandise only available in Japan! Get ready to laugh your brains out with the Yorozuya Crew! The inter...