Views - October 2016
- Review: Horimiya GN 5 ()
- Answerman - What Is That Short Screen After The Opening? ()
- Shelf Life - Wake Up, Girls! ()
- Review: Scum's Wish GN 1 ()
- The Mike Toole Show - The Poll Vault ()
- The List - 7 Anime That Take You to The Wild Wild West ()
- Review: The Violet Knight eBook 1 ()
- ANNCast - Darkest Before The Dawn ()
- Answerman - Why Don't Simulcast Subtitles Get Corrected? ()
- Review: Exist Archive: The Other Side of the Sky ()
- Interview: Ei Aoki ()
- This Week in Games - Nintendo Switch ()
- Review: Kizumonogatari Part 2: Nekketsu Blu-Ray ()
- The Best and Worst of the Season So Far: Weeks of Oct 1-21 ()
- Answerman - Why Can't Anime Use Trademarked Names? ()
- Review: Attack on Titan Anthology ()
- Interview: Dragon Ball Super's Toyotarou ()
- Review: World of Final Fantasy ()
- Review: B-PROJECT Episodes 1-12 Streaming ()
- Answerman - Are There Any Vegetarians In Japan? ()
- Daily Streaming Reviews: Dragon Ball Super ()
- Review: A Town Where You Live Sub.Blu-Ray ()
- Shelf Life - Golgo 13: The Professional ()
- Review: Kitaro Meets Nurarihyon GN ()
- The List - 6 Japan-International Co-Productions Revisited ()
- Review: My Girlfriend is a T-Rex GN 1 ()
- Answerman - Is Working To Death Really A Thing In Japan? ()
- Review: Kuromukuro Episodes 14-26 Streaming ()
- ANNCast - Shin Godzilla ()
- Twenty Years Ago: The Best Anime of 1996 (And Some Others Too) ()
- This Week in Games - Exist Archive ()
- Review: High School DxD BorN BD+DVD ()
- What's A Light Novel? ()
- Answerman - Do Dubs Really Contain More Swearing? ()
- Review: Thunderbolt Fantasy ()
- Daily Streaming Reviews: Nanbaka ()
- Review: Blood Blockade Battlefront BD+DVD ()
- Vice & Luna Bonus Round ()
- Interview: Assassination Classroom's Yusei Matsui ()
- Daily Streaming Reviews: Natsume Yūjin-Chō Go ()
- Daily Streaming Reviews: Trickster ()
- Answerman - Why Is Japan's Population Declining? ()
- Shelf Life - The Perfect Insider ()
- Review: Asterisk War: The Academy City on the Water [Limited Edition] Blu-Ray 1 ()
- Daily Streaming Reviews: ClassicaLoid ()
- Daily Streaming Reviews: Kiss Him, Not Me ()
- Daily Streaming Reviews: Poco's Udon World ()
- Daily Streaming Reviews: Occultic;Nine ()
- Daily Streaming Reviews: Magical Girl Raising Project ()
- Daily Streaming Reviews: WWW.WAGNARIA!! ()
- Daily Streaming Reviews: Izetta: The Last Witch ()
- Daily Streaming Reviews: Haikyu!! 3rd Season ()
- Daily Streaming Reviews: Lostorage incited WIXOSS ()
- The List - 7 Magical Girls that Fandom Forgot ()
- Daily Streaming Reviews: March comes in like a lion ()
- Daily Streaming Reviews: Drifters ()
- Daily Streaming Reviews: All Out!! ()
- Daily Streaming Reviews: Flip Flappers ()
- Review: Miss Hokusai ()
- ANNCast - Fall 2016 Anime Roundup ()
- Review: Yo-Kai Watch: The Movie ()
- Answerman - Why Do Companies Bother With Tiny Theatrical Releases? ()
- Review: your name. ()
- Daily Streaming Reviews: Keijo!!!!!!!! ()
- Daily Streaming Reviews: Brave Witches ()
- This Week in Games - Dragon Quest Builders ()
- Review: Plastic Memories Sub.Blu-Ray 2 ()
- Daily Streaming Reviews: Yuri!!! on Ice ()
- Daily Streaming Reviews: Sound! Euphonium 2 ()
- Daily Streaming Reviews: Girlish Number ()
- Answerman - Why Is It "Wrong" To Buy Digital Manga From Other Countries? ()
- Review: Persona 4 GN 1 ()
- Mobile Suit Gundam: The Strongest (And Strangest) Newtypes ()
- Review: Assassination Classroom GN 13 ()
- Shelf Life - Re-Kan! ()
- Answerman - What Happened To World Masterpiece Theater And Shows Like It? ()
- Review: Sweetness & Lightning ()
- Review: I've Always Liked You ()
- Review: Rising of the Shield Hero Novel 5 ()
- The List - 7 Devilish Angels ()
- Review: Overlord Novel 2 ()
- This Week in Games - PlayStation VR ()
- Review: Den-noh Coil Blu-Ray 2 ()
- Review: A Bride's Story GN 7 ()
- Answerman - How Do Anime Cross-Overs Work? ()
- Review: Corpse Party: Blood Covered GN 2 ()
- The Best and Worst of the Summer 2016 Season ()
- Vice & Luna Bonus Round ()
- Shelf Life - Gundam Build Fighters Try ()
- Review: Haikyu!! GN 4 ()
- The Mike Toole Show - Two Princes ()
- Review: My Pathetic Vampire Life GN 1 ()
- The List - 7 Female Anime Directors Worth Checking Out ()
Loading next article...
How come other cable networks never bet on anime programming the way Cartoon Network did? Justin digs in. ― Jake asked: One thing I always found strange looking back at the anime boom was the lack of anime on Nickelodeon. At the time Nickelodeon was the second largest children to young adult network after Cartoon Network, which was in full swing with Toonami and later Adult Swim programming block. A...
James shotguns all 49 episodes of Kyoto Animation's beloved visual novel adaptation, while Paul breaks down all this week's new anime releases! ― My daily streaming review shows this season are A Place Further Than the Universe and Laid-Back Camp, which would normally give me a monopoly on all the comfy slice of life stuff. This ain't no ordinary season, though, and there are more shows in that genr...
Sailor Moon Crystal Part III is an improvement over the previous seasons with the addition of Sailors Uranus and Neptune. Rebecca Silverman has the details. ― The third season of Sailor Moon Crystal brings a few changes to the table even as it embarks on the difficult task of retelling a fan-favorite storyline from the classic series. Among the most noticeable shifts is the art – falling somewhere be...
Mike goes on a treasure hunt for short-form anime and uncovers a show about a sentient fart, which means the hunt was an enormous success. ― It's January, which means that I just killed the mid-month holiday weekend off at Arisia, Boston's largest science fiction and fantasy convention. This year, not only did I sit on panels on the furious Evangelion debate, fanservice, and other anime-related topic...
Whether you're already a fan of the anime version or not, Made in Abyss' manga is a journey worth undertaking. Rebecca Silverman dives into this fantasy manga's dark and fascinating world. ― At this point, the anime adaptation of Akihito Tsukushi's fantasy manga is better known to English-speakers, since its release predates that of the source manga. For the curious, this first volume covers the anim...
Watching anime doesn't have to be purely a shut-in pursuit! Here are six titles that encourage you to explore the wonders of the natural world. ― One of my favorite anime airing this season is Laid-Back Camp, a story that looks like another "cute girls doing cute things" anime on the surface but ended up delivering more for me. That's not to say that it doesn't star cute girls who mostly hang out do...
This manga spinoff of the surprise hit franchise brings some great art to the table but falls short on story. Rebecca Silverman has the details. ― The surprise hit anime of last year, Kemono Friends, is only one portion of a multimedia franchise – there are games, apps, and a variety of other bits and bobs to accompany the anime. Fly's two-volume manga Welcome to Japari Park, collected into a single ...
The Eureka Seven art contest has been extended, and we're adding new prizes! ― The Eureka Seven Hi-Evolution film series lands in theaters later this year. The original staff, chief director Tomoki Kyoda, screenplay writer Dai Sato, and character designer Kenichi Yoshida, have all returned. Other staff members from the past series, including character animation director Ayumi Kurashima, Shigeru Fujit...
Zac, Jacob and special guest Gabriella Ekens fiendishly devour as many of the 2018 winter premieres as they can, plus Godzilla: Planet of the Monsters! ― ANNCast Episode 317 - Winter 2018 Anime Roundup Zac, Jacob and special guest Gabriella Ekens fiendishly devour as many of the 2018 winter premieres as they can, plus Godzilla: Planet of the Monsters! You can listen to the show on our player here, d...
Older anime like Evangelion frequently have strange "jumps" in between edits - why is that, and what can be done about it? Justin goes in deep! ― K.o.R asked: Why, on a lot of older anime series, does the picture appear to jerk sideways whenever there is a cut? It's noticeable on things like the original release of Evangelion, for example. In the years before anime went all-digital, TV shows were ed...
One of the only American artists to ever serialize a manga in Japan, Part I of our interview with Peepo Choo mangaka Felipe Smith goes in-depth on the manga industry and his incredible career. ― “Unlike most manga-inspired artists I know, I wasn't so much wowed by the [style of] manga as I was by its incredible abundance of ordinary, lifelike, slice-of-life scenarios and characters.” Inspired by that...
The most popular Gundam series in the Western hemisphere finally comes to Blu-ray in this extravagant set filled with bonus goodies. But does the show still hold up 20 years later? Lauren Orsini finds out. ― Gundam Wing was one of the first anime I ever saw, and I'm not alone. When the show first aired on Cartoon Network's Toonami in 2000, it created a wave of brand new-anime fans who are now in thei...
The Raten Taisho: a festival where people with abnormal powers gather. ― Hitori No Shita The Outcast 2 (Raten Taisho Chapter) Official Website: http://hitorinoshita2.com/ Introduction Story Characters Cast & Staff Gallery An episode 0 (recap of the first season) will be broadcast on January 10, 2018 (JST). 1st episode of the season 2, will then start January 17, 2018 (JST). Key Staff Animation Produ...
To celebrate the release of the live action GINTAMA film, we are giving away awesome prize packs including exclusive merchandise only available in Japan! ― To celebrate the release of this laugh-out-loud Sci-Fi Samurai Comedy, we are giving away two awesome GINTAMA prize packs including exclusive merchandise only available in Japan! Get ready to laugh your brains out with the Yorozuya Crew! The inter...