Views - February 2016
- Shelf Life - Lord Marksman and Vanadis ()
- Answerman - Who Polices Anime Copyrights? ()
- Review: Blast of Tempest ()
- Review: Sunny GN 5 ()
- Review: Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation GN 1 ()
- The List - Six Completely Dissimilar Twins ()
- Can You Guess These 15 Classic 90s Anime From Just One Image? ()
- Review: One Piece Season 7 Voyage 4 DVD ()
- Review: Kizumonogatari I: Tekketsu-hen Blu-Ray ()
- Answerman - Can English-Speaking Fans Critique Japanese Voice Acting? ()
- The Magic of the Stage in Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinju ()
- The X Button - First Impressions: Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth ()
- Review: Futari wa Pretty Cure Streaming ()
- Answerman - Why Is There Still So Much Smoking In Anime? ()
- Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash and the Consequences of Death ()
- Review: Only Yesterday (Dub) ()
- Review: Angel Beats!: Heaven's Door GN 1 ()
- Can you name these 16 Ghibli movies with just one image ? ()
- The Best and Worst of the Season So Far: Week of Feb 12-18 ()
- Review: UQ Holder! GN 3 ()
- Review: IGPX Immortal Grand Prix DVD ()
- Shelf Life - Space Adventure Cobra: The Movie ()
- Answerman - Why Are Dubs Only Made in L.A. and Texas? ()
- Review: Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works Season 2 Blu-Ray ()
- The Mike Toole Show - The Glitter Force Awakens ()
- Review: Taboo Tattoo GN 1 ()
- The List - 6 Anime to Satisfy Your Need for Speed ()
- Review: Shirobako: Collection 1 Blu-Ray ()
- Review: The Case of Hana & Alice ()
- The Evolution of Evangelion: Rebuild vs. TV ()
- ANNCast - Buncha Crunch ()
- Answerman - What's The Deal With Engrish? ()
- The X Button - First Impressions: Fire Emblem Fates ()
- Review: Log Horizon: The West Wind Brigade GN 1 ()
- Seven Magic High Schools Worth Enrolling In ()
- Answerman - How Come More Anime Characters Don't Have Tattoos? ()
- Review: orange: The Complete Collection 1 GN 1 ()
- The Best and Worst of the Season So Far: Week of Feb 5-11 ()
- Review: Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc ()
- Review: Akame ga Kill Blu-Ray ()
- Answerman - Why Did Saint Seiya Bomb In North America? ()
- Shelf Life - Shirobako Part 1 ()
- Review: Naruto: Shikamaru's Story Novel ()
- The List - Six Manga & Anime About Raising Kids ()
- Review: Naruto Shippuden Uncut Set Volume 25 ()
- Anime You'd Love To See Remade ()
- Answerman - How Was Anime Retouched for Television In The Old Days? ()
- Review: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Part 2 GN 2 ()
- Review: Corpse Party: Tortured Souls Sub.Blu-Ray ()
- The X Button - Voyage to Neptunia ()
- Review: A Silent Voice GN 5 ()
- Thirty Years of Castle in the Sky ()
- Answerman - How Are Short Anime Series Shown on Television? ()
- The Best and Worst of the Season So Far: Week of Jan 29-Feb 4 ()
- Review: Aldnoah.Zero Part 3 [Limited Edition] ()
- Answerman - Why Do So Many Anime Take Place in High School? ()
- Shelf Life - Mobile Suit Gundam Part 2 ()
- Review: Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam Blu-Ray ()
- The Mike Toole Show - Monster Girl Safari ()
- Review: My Little Monster GN 12 ()
- The List - Six Lost Mysteries of Anime ()
- Review: UQ Holder! GN 2 ()
- ANNCast - Supernerds: Civil War ()
- Answerman - Why Are Americans In Anime Always Blonde? ()
- The Real Pirates of One Piece ()
- There's a Pervert Impersonating ANN Staff ()
- Review: Daimadaler: Prince V.S. Penguin Empire BD+DVD ()
- Review: The Boy and The Beast ()
- The X Button - Hard-Boiled Detective Pikachu ()
- Your Most Memorable Anime Villain ()
- Review: Night on the Galactic Railroad Blu-Ray ()
- Answerman - Why Do Guys In Yaoi Claim To Be Straight? ()
- Review: Evangelion 3.33: You Can (Not) Redo Blu-Ray ()
- The Best and Worst of the Season So Far: Week of Jan 22-28 ()
- Review: Sword Art Online II Blu-Ray 4 ()
- Shelf Life - One Piece: Season 7 Part 4 ()
Loading next article...
just for fun
Time's running out to find the perfect gift for the otaku in your life - our massive holiday gift guide is here for you, with six pages of the year's best figures, games, tech, blurays and more! ―
This collection of retold stories from the Brothers Grimm delivers some unusual choices and creative twists. Rebecca Silverman sorts through the best and worst of this anthology. ― Fairy tale retellings have been in vogue for quite some time now, and that's actually very much in keeping with the nature of the beast – by definition, fairy tales are stories that exist in multiple cultures and are passe...
You've heard of ship girls (KanColle) and sword boys (Touken Ranbu), but these anthropomorphized anime characters are on another level of weirdness. ― When I first wrote about wacky dating sims, it seemed like the anthro-craze was just starting to get off the ground. Ship girls and sword boys weren't quite mainstream and the weirdest examples to come stateside involved pigeons and llamas. At the tim...
While the Madarame harem arc has gone on far too long, this volume manages to find some of this series' strongest nuggets of drama in its twists and turns. Nick Creamer digs in. ― Genshiken's Madarame harem arc has gone on for a long, long time. It felt like an unrealistic nod to the original Genshiken's breakout character from the start, and since then, it's wound through so many repetitive turns th...
2017 was a HUGE year for video games, so we've got a HUGE podcast counting down our Top 5 Games of 2017, with an all-star panel! ― ANNCast Episode 314 - Games of the Year 2017 2017 was a HUGE year for video games, so we've got a HUGE podcast counting down our Top 5 Games of 2017, featuring Dave and Graziella from Friends from the Internet, Dustin Bailey, formerly of This Week in Games, and Heidi Kem...
Fox has the merchandise rights for Alita: Battle Angel, but James Cameron's company has the film rights. How does all of this work, anyway? Justin gets into it. ― Jason asked: Fox had Alita: Battle Angel available at Licensing Expo in Vegas. Which parts of James Cameron's agreement with manga artist Yukito Kishiro is between him & Kishiro, compared to james cameron's a:ba merch agreement with fox? D...
From the East Blue to Whole Cake Island, Sam Leach breaks down the top ten adventures of the Straw Hat crew and invites you to share your own favorite episodes of this legendary series. ― If there's a series that seeks to challenge the theory of diminishing returns, it's One Piece. Eiichiro Oda's monstrous epic is the highest selling manga of all time, but its absurd length still keeps plenty of peop...
The series stumbles a bit with this poorly paced volume, but Naofumi's rise nonetheless continues. Rebecca Silverman has the details. ― It's a good thing that this is the final book in the “other other world” arc, because while there is technically enough plot to round the volume out, it is feeling a little thin. The book is focused on Naofumi and his party finally taking out Kyo, the maniac with the...
Blood Blockade Battlefront & Beyond reaches for the top of the charts with a standout episode, while Dragon Ball Super comes down from its recent high. Find out where all your favorite series ranked this week! ― Our team of reviewers are following 31 anime series of the Fall 2017 season and readers are rating each episode as the reviews go up. So let's have a look at what ANN readers consider the be...
Welcome to the Ballroom began as one of the most anticipated shows of the summer, but enthusiasm has dropped off sharply since then. We look back on what went wrong as the series waltzes toward its conclusion. ― Welcome to the Ballroom began as one of the most anticipated shows of last summer season, but enthusiasm has dropped off sharply since then. This week in anime, Nick and Jake track the series...
The director of this summer's steampunk spy smash success Princess Principal goes in-depth on the show - and even discusses sequel potential! ― Princess Principal is an anime set in an alternate-history steampunk version of Victorian London, following a group of five ladies, professional spies who find themselves embroiled in a game of mistaken identities and political intrigue. The show's incredible...
Heidi breaks down this week's explosion of news following The Game Awards: Street Fighter EX, new Soul Calibur, and Norman Reedus's fantastic fetus! ― THIS WEEK IN GAMES: IT'S A NEWZAPALOOZA Jeez, I expected to have a whole ton of news to write about this week, but somehow news kept on flooding in even after the Game Awards and the PSX keynote! (Which, by the way, I was totally wrong about – the Game...
This isekai story starts a cut above the rest with a focus on multiple protagonists and one very unfortunate eight-legged reincarnation. Theron Martin explains what makes this series an engrossing read. ― Isekai (“transported to another world”) stories have dominated the Japanese light novel market over the past few years. This take on the concept is the second to be released recently in English in r...