Views - February 2016
- Shelf Life - Lord Marksman and Vanadis ()
- Answerman - Who Polices Anime Copyrights? ()
- Review: Blast of Tempest ()
- Review: Sunny GN 5 ()
- Review: Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation GN 1 ()
- The List - Six Completely Dissimilar Twins ()
- The Magic of the Stage in Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinju ()
- Can You Guess These 15 Classic 90s Anime From Just One Image? ()
- Review: One Piece Season 7 Voyage 4 DVD ()
- Review: Kizumonogatari I: Tekketsu-hen Blu-Ray ()
- Answerman - Can English-Speaking Fans Critique Japanese Voice Acting? ()
- Review: Futari wa Pretty Cure Streaming ()
- The X Button - First Impressions: Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth ()
- Review: Only Yesterday (Dub) ()
- Answerman - Why Is There Still So Much Smoking In Anime? ()
- Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash and the Consequences of Death ()
- Review: IGPX Immortal Grand Prix DVD ()
- Review: UQ Holder! GN 3 ()
- Review: Angel Beats!: Heaven's Door GN 1 ()
- Can you name these 16 Ghibli movies with just one image ? ()
- The Best and Worst of the Season So Far: Week of Feb 12-18 ()
- Review: Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works Season 2 Blu-Ray ()
- Shelf Life - Space Adventure Cobra: The Movie ()
- Answerman - Why Are Dubs Only Made in L.A. and Texas? ()
- Review: Taboo Tattoo GN 1 ()
- The Mike Toole Show - The Glitter Force Awakens ()
- The List - 6 Anime to Satisfy Your Need for Speed ()
- Review: Shirobako: Collection 1 Blu-Ray ()
- ANNCast - Buncha Crunch ()
- Answerman - What's The Deal With Engrish? ()
- Review: The Case of Hana & Alice ()
- The Evolution of Evangelion: Rebuild vs. TV ()
- The X Button - First Impressions: Fire Emblem Fates ()
- Review: Log Horizon: The West Wind Brigade GN 1 ()
- Seven Magic High Schools Worth Enrolling In ()
- Answerman - How Come More Anime Characters Don't Have Tattoos? ()
- Review: orange: The Complete Collection 1 GN 1 ()
- The Best and Worst of the Season So Far: Week of Feb 5-11 ()
- Review: Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc ()
- Review: Akame ga Kill Blu-Ray ()
- Answerman - Why Did Saint Seiya Bomb In North America? ()
- Shelf Life - Shirobako Part 1 ()
- Review: Naruto: Shikamaru's Story Novel ()
- Review: Naruto Shippuden Uncut Set Volume 25 ()
- The List - Six Manga & Anime About Raising Kids ()
- Anime You'd Love To See Remade ()
- Answerman - How Was Anime Retouched for Television In The Old Days? ()
- Review: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Part 2 GN 2 ()
- The X Button - Voyage to Neptunia ()
- Review: Corpse Party: Tortured Souls Sub.Blu-Ray ()
- Answerman - How Are Short Anime Series Shown on Television? ()
- Review: A Silent Voice GN 5 ()
- Thirty Years of Castle in the Sky ()
- Review: Aldnoah.Zero Part 3 [Limited Edition] ()
- The Best and Worst of the Season So Far: Week of Jan 29-Feb 4 ()
- Shelf Life - Mobile Suit Gundam Part 2 ()
- Review: Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam Blu-Ray ()
- Answerman - Why Do So Many Anime Take Place in High School? ()
- The Mike Toole Show - Monster Girl Safari ()
- Review: My Little Monster GN 12 ()
- The List - Six Lost Mysteries of Anime ()
- Review: UQ Holder! GN 2 ()
- ANNCast - Supernerds: Civil War ()
- Answerman - Why Are Americans In Anime Always Blonde? ()
- The Real Pirates of One Piece ()
- There's a Pervert Impersonating ANN Staff ()
- Review: Daimadaler: Prince V.S. Penguin Empire BD+DVD ()
- Review: The Boy and The Beast ()
- The X Button - Hard-Boiled Detective Pikachu ()
- Your Most Memorable Anime Villain ()
- Review: Night on the Galactic Railroad Blu-Ray ()
- Answerman - Why Do Guys In Yaoi Claim To Be Straight? ()
- Review: Evangelion 3.33: You Can (Not) Redo Blu-Ray ()
- The Best and Worst of the Season So Far: Week of Jan 22-28 ()
- Review: Sword Art Online II Blu-Ray 4 ()
- Shelf Life - One Piece: Season 7 Part 4 ()
An in-depth behind-the-scenes look at Haoliners, the Chinese animation house that has aggressively entered the television anime market with some success, some failure, and a lot of ambition. ― It is often said that China has a huge impact on the Japanese anime industry. Although the Chinese government has had a habit of restricting access to anime titles even in recent years, the anime market in Chin...
After finally being released from Netflix jail, Children of the Whales turned out to be a much muddier viewing experience than anticipated. We discuss what went wrong for this ambitious fantasy series. ― After finally being released from Netflix jail, Children of the Whales turned out to be a much muddier viewing experience than anticipated. This week, Nick and Steve discuss what went wrong for this ...
Is this curious one-off story in the Fate canon worth your time? Gabriella Ekens weighs the pros and cons of this partial mobile game adaptation. ― If you're a fan of the Fate franchise, and maybe even if you aren't, you've probably heard of Fate/Grand Order. This mobile game is a recent installment in fate canon has been doing quite well for itself in both Japan and abroad, so it's no wonder that th...
People know what a voice actor and a voice director do, but rarely do they know the role of the ADR engineer, the secret MVP of the world of anime dubs. Justin files an appreciation of their craft. ― Roman asked: I was watching some of my favorite anime and noticed a title of ADR engineer in the credits. I'm somewhat familiar with the role of ADR director, voice actor and script writer in anime dubs...
The students of U.A. are finally coming back to team up against the growing League of Villains! Nicholas Dupree has your catch-up cram session for all things My Hero Academia as season three approaches. ― In just a couple weeks, My Hero Academia will be coming back for its third season, which promises to be even bigger and more explosive than its predecessors. There's a lot to anticipate for fans of ...
It took 8 years for a Ni no Kuni sequel to finally surface, and now that it's here, there's both good news and bad for this lavish Studio Ghibli-esque action RPG. ― Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch was a bit too traditional for me. As a lover of RPGs and the films of Hayao Miyazaki, I figured it would be right up my alley. An RPG that looks and sounds like a real Studio Ghibli film is basically a...
Last week, Netflix released Studio Bones' ambitious new original sci fi anime. We take a deep dive into this dizzying blend of action, mystery, and body horror. ― Last week, Netflix released Studio Bones' ambitious new original sci fi anime, A.I.C.O. -Incarnation-. This week, Nick and Jacob take a deep dive into this dizzying blend of action, mystery, and body horror. Disclaimer: The views and opinio...
just for fun
Vice is pretty excited about his new cosplay. So are the local police. ―
japan travel culture
Here is your last chance to win a trip to Japan! Follow Kizuna AI as she talks about Japanese traits. ― Hello! I'm Kizuna AI, the (self-proclaimed) world's first YouTuber. I'm also the ambassador of the ‘Come to Japan’ campaign, which is organized by the Japan National Tourism Organization's (JNTO) New York office and designed to encourage everyone to come to Japan! First, I want to thank everyone w...
The classic 1987 anthology film finally comes to blu-ray, with a staggering amount of extras for diehard fans. Daryl Surat has the details. ― Many classic anime fans refer to a “golden age” of Japanese animation that roughly coincided with the peak of Japan's bubble economy from the 1980s through early 1990s, and perhaps no single title sums up that ideal more succinctly than 1987's Robot Carnival. E...
"Anime fandom is so much worse now than it was when I was just getting started!" is a common sentiment, but is there really any truth to it? Justin considers the angles. ― Marshmallow Cello asked: With how everything being divisive and politicized nowadays, how badly has the anime fandom been affected by this? I notice that certain groups among the fandom often clash with others over such hot topics...
Gabriella delves into this dark fantasy film from the creators of the classic Night on the Galactic Railroad, while Paul breaks down all this week's new anime releases. ― I've been watching Dagashi Kashi 2 this season, and it's been an interesting experience. I don't think I've ever seen such a character-focused comedy sideline its most recognizable protagonist for so many episodes in a row before. ...
Love Live Sunshine maintains the goofy appeal of its predecessor while simultaneously struggling to escape its shadow. Nick Creamer finds out how this next generation of idols stacks up to the original hit-makers. ― How do you follow up a megahit? After the first season of Love Live turned into a sales juggernaut, Sunrise initially followed it with a second season that was essentially “Love Live, but...