Views - July 2011
- The Mike Toole Show - Rintaro vs. Rintaro ()
- Review: A Certain Scientific Railgun GN 1 ()
- Australian Premiere: Tiger & Bunny 18 - Ignorance is bliss. ()
- UK Premiere: Tiger & Bunny 18 - Ignorance is bliss. ()
- ANNCast - Omega Men ()
- Review: Antique Bakery Sub.DVD ()
- Review: My Neighbors the Yamadas BLURAY ()
- UK Premiere: Steins;Gate 17 - Made in Complex ()
- UK Premiere: Nichijou 16-17 ()
- Australian Premiere: Usagi Drop 4 - Letter ()
- UK Premiere: Usagi Drop 4 - Letter ()
- Jason Thompson's House of 1000 Manga - Apocalypse Zero ()
- Review: Itazura na Kiss GN 5 ()
- Interview: Michio Fukuda, Director of Nura: Rise of the Yokai Clan ~Demon Capital~ ()
- Australian Premiere: Tiger & Bunny 17 - Blood is thicker than water. ()
- UK Premiere: Tiger & Bunny 17 - Blood is thicker than water. ()
- Brain Diving - You Fight like a Girl ()
- Review: Strawberry Panic! Novel ()
- Review: Dragon Ball Z Kai Blu-Ray part 5 ()
- Shelf Life - Bridge Over Troubled Arakawa ()
- Astro Toy - Revoltech Kenshiro: Ken's Rage Version ()
- Hey, Answerman! - Onward, Otakon! ()
- Review: Katanagatari DVD/Blu-Ray 1 ()
- Jason Thompson's House of 1000 Manga - Appleseed ()
- Australian Premiere: Usagi Drop 3 - Daikichi's Decision ()
- UK Premiere: Usagi Drop 3 - Daikichi's Decision ()
- Anime News Nina! - 2011-07-20 ()
- Review: Vampire Knight Guilty DVD 1 ()
- UK Premiere: Steins;Gate 16 - Sacrificial Necrosis ()
- The X Button - Fall of Legends ()
- Review: Transformers: The Headmasters DVD ()
- RIGHT TURN ONLY!! - Because You Kan Kan Kannagi ()
- The Anime and Manga Fan's Guide to Comic-Con 2011 ()
- Shelf Life - Chocolate Bund Cake ()
- Review: Arakawa Under the Bridge DVD/Blu-Ray ()
- ANNCast - Viewers Like You: Emergency Edition ()
- UK Premiere: Nichijou 12-15 ()
- The Mike Toole Show - Super Robot Island: Dork of the Moon ()
- Gia's List: 8 Anime Parents You'd Call Child Services On ()
- Interview: Kalafina ()
- Australian Premiere: Tiger & Bunny 16 - The truth lies at the bottom of a well. ()
- UK Premiere: Tiger & Bunny 16 - The truth lies at the bottom of a well. ()
- UK Premiere: Deadman Wonderland 12 - Salvation ()
- UK Premiere: Steins;Gate 12-15 ()
- Hey, Answerman! - Region Lock Stock & Barrel ()
- ANNCast - Jimkata ()
- NEW Studio Tour! Inside Sunrise ()
- The World Is Hers: How Hatsune Miku Is Changing Everything ()
- Review: Kamisama Kiss GN 3 ()
- UK Premiere: Usagi Drop 1-2 ()
- Jason Thompson's House of 1000 Manga - Lone Wolf and Cub ()
- Australian Premiere: Usagi Drop 1-2 ()
- Australian Premiere: Dennou Coil 1 - Glasses Children ()
- Review: Angel Beats! Complete Collection ()
- Interview: Danny Choo ()
- UK Premiere: Nichijou 8-11 ()
- Anime News Nina! - 2011-07-13 ()
- The X Button - An Endless World ()
- Review: Trigun: Badlands Rumble ()
- Review: Laputa: Castle in the Sky BLURAY ()
- Brain Diving - Ninja Wrap ()
- Review: Buddha: The Great Departure ()
- Shelf Life - ACROSS the Universe ()
- Review: Dance in the Vampire Bund DVD/Blu-Ray ()
- Review: Monster Episodes 31-45 Streaming ()
- Astro Toy - Nendoroid Panty & Stocking ()
- UK Premiere: Tiger & Bunny 15 - The sky's the limit. ()
- UK Premiere: Deadman Wonderland 11 - Gig of Misery ()
- Australian Premiere: Tiger & Bunny 15 - The sky's the limit. ()
- UK Premiere: Deadman Wonderland 10 - Undertaker ()
- Now Expiring: Kannagi (s) ()
- Hey, Answerman! - It's Time to Pay the Price ()
- Review: Astarotte's Toy episodes 7-12 ()
- UK Premiere: Steins;Gate 9-11 ()
- Jason Thompson's House of 1000 Manga - Wild 7 ()
- Review: Gosick ()
- Anime News Nina! - 2011-07-06 ()
- The X Button - Wizardry 101 ()
- Review: Hanasaku Iroha Episodes 8-13 Streaming ()
- Interview: Taku Kishimoto, Scriptwriter for Usagi Drop ()
- RIGHT TURN ONLY!! - A Certain Motorcycling Duelist ()
- The Summer 2011 Anime Preview Guide ()
- Shelf Life - Wag the Dog ()
- ANNCast Live on Tape from Anime Expo 2011 ()
- Review: Library Wars: Love & War GN 5 ()
- The Mike Toole Show - Shirow's Kids ()
- Review: Fairy Tail GN 13 ()
- Australian Premiere: Tiger & Bunny 14 - Love is blind. ()
- UK Premiere: Tiger & Bunny 14 - Love is blind. ()
- Review: Ai Ore! GN 1 ()
- Review: Nura: Rise of the Yokai Clan GN 3 ()
- Hey, Answerman! - A Support of Sorts ()
- Summer 2011 Showcase ()
- UK Premiere: Deadman Wonderland 9 - Worm Eater ()
Loading next article...
Watching anime doesn't have to be purely a shut-in pursuit! Here are six titles that encourage you to explore the wonders of the natural world. ― One of my favorite anime airing this season is Laid-Back Camp, a story that looks like another "cute girls doing cute things" anime on the surface but ended up delivering more for me. That's not to say that it doesn't star cute girls who mostly hang out do...
This manga spinoff of the surprise hit franchise brings some great art to the table but falls short on story. Rebecca Silverman has the details. ― The surprise hit anime of last year, Kemono Friends, is only one portion of a multimedia franchise – there are games, apps, and a variety of other bits and bobs to accompany the anime. Fly's two-volume manga Welcome to Japari Park, collected into a single ...
The Eureka Seven art contest has been extended, and we're adding new prizes! ― The Eureka Seven Hi-Evolution film series lands in theaters later this year. The original staff, chief director Tomoki Kyoda, screenplay writer Dai Sato, and character designer Kenichi Yoshida, have all returned. Other staff members from the past series, including character animation director Ayumi Kurashima, Shigeru Fujit...
Zac, Jacob and special guest Gabriella Ekens fiendishly devour as many of the 2018 winter premieres as they can, plus Godzilla: Planet of the Monsters! ― ANNCast Episode 317 - Winter 2018 Anime Roundup Zac, Jacob and special guest Gabriella Ekens fiendishly devour as many of the 2018 winter premieres as they can, plus Godzilla: Planet of the Monsters! You can listen to the show on our player here, d...
Older anime like Evangelion frequently have strange "jumps" in between edits - why is that, and what can be done about it? Justin goes in deep! ― K.o.R asked: Why, on a lot of older anime series, does the picture appear to jerk sideways whenever there is a cut? It's noticeable on things like the original release of Evangelion, for example. In the years before anime went all-digital, TV shows were ed...
One of the only American artists to ever serialize a manga in Japan, Part I of our interview with Peepo Choo mangaka Felipe Smith goes in-depth on the manga industry and his incredible career. ― “Unlike most manga-inspired artists I know, I wasn't so much wowed by the [style of] manga as I was by its incredible abundance of ordinary, lifelike, slice-of-life scenarios and characters.” Inspired by that...
The most popular Gundam series in the Western hemisphere finally comes to Blu-ray in this extravagant set filled with bonus goodies. But does the show still hold up 20 years later? Lauren Orsini finds out. ― Gundam Wing was one of the first anime I ever saw, and I'm not alone. When the show first aired on Cartoon Network's Toonami in 2000, it created a wave of brand new-anime fans who are now in thei...
The Raten Taisho: a festival where people with abnormal powers gather. ― Hitori No Shita The Outcast 2 (Raten Taisho Chapter) Official Website: http://hitorinoshita2.com/ Introduction Story Characters Cast & Staff Gallery An episode 0 (recap of the first season) will be broadcast on January 10, 2018 (JST). 1st episode of the season 2, will then start January 17, 2018 (JST). Key Staff Animation Produ...
Now that it's done setting up its story, GARO -Vanishing Line- has taken off on a wild road trip across the USA. We explore how this change has made the show stronger. ― Now that it's done setting up its story, GARO -Vanishing Line- has taken off on a wild road trip across the USA. This week in anime, Nick and Steve expound on how this change has made the show stronger. Disclaimer: The views and opin...
Beloved veteran voice actor Johnny Yong Bosch chats about his role in Digimon Adventure Tri, stepping into an established character, and who his ideal Digimon partner would be! ― In anticipation of the last three Digimon Adventure Tri. films being released with an English dub in theaters this year (kicking off with the premiere of Part 4: Loss on February 1st), we spoke to Johnny Yong Bosch about his...
There's a mountain of brand-new Nintendo news, from Detective Pikachu to craft cardboard. PLUS: SNK Heroines, Final Fantasy XV returns and much more! ― THIS WEEK IN GAMES: NINTENDO GONE WILD! When I write this column, I usually begin by writing an outline on Tuesday morning, working on it Tuesday and Wednesday, and then submitting it Wednesday evening for publication early Thursday morning. This usua...
To celebrate the release of the live action GINTAMA film, we are giving away awesome prize packs including exclusive merchandise only available in Japan! ― To celebrate the release of this laugh-out-loud Sci-Fi Samurai Comedy, we are giving away two awesome GINTAMA prize packs including exclusive merchandise only available in Japan! Get ready to laugh your brains out with the Yorozuya Crew! The inter...
The combined forces of Gen Urobuchi, Polygon Pictures and Netflix have a brand-new animated Godzilla movie for you! Well, the first half of one, anyway. Callum May straps in. ― If this is your first time experiencing Godzilla, turn back now. This is not a film for the uninitiated. Whilst other recent attempts to reboot the series, such as the American Godzilla in 2014 and the most recent Godzilla: Re...
Studio Ponoc's Yoshiaki Nishimura and Hiromasa Yonebayashi talk about escaping Ghibli and forging their own destinies with a lavish fantasy film. ― Mary and the Witch's Flower is the first theatrical feature from Studio Ponoc, a brand-new animation house brimming with former Studio Ghibli luminaries (and a whole lot of the artists responsible for making Ghibli films as beautiful as they are). Founded...
One reader wonders why Adult Swim went with the 2011 Hunter x Hunter instead of the original 90s version - and why in general, not much classic anime is on US TV. Justin considers the angles. ― Joshua asked: Why does Toonami always go with the new versions of series over the old classic ones? For example Hunter x Hunter choose the 2011 version over the 1999 version. As much as you and I love the loo...
This insanely salacious reboot of the Go Nagai classic brings Masaaki Yuasa's wild fantasies to life like nothing else. Mike Toole details how Crybaby holds up for both old fans and new. ― I met Masaaki Yuasa at Anime Expo a few years back. When he was first announced as the director of Devilman Crybaby, I remembered seeing him speak effusively of loving mainstream anime, prizing his work on Crayon S...