Views - July 2017
- Review: The Ancient Magus' Bride—Episodes 1-3 ()
- Interview: The Staff of Fate/Grand Order ()
- Answerman - What Is That Little Stamp That Japanese People Use To Sign Papers? ()
- Shelf Life - Monster Musume ()
- Review: Sekirei GN 1 ()
- The List - 7 Wildly Impractical Giant Robot Designs ()
- Review: Vampire Knight Memories GN 1 ()
- ANNCast: Resurrection ()
- Answerman - What Do Manga Artists Think Of Dirty Doujinshi? ()
- The Real Anime Inspirations Behind the Creations of Re:Creators ()
- Review: Splatoon 2 ()
- The Best and Worst of the Season So Far: Weeks of July 1-21 ()
- This Week in Games - Remember That Ghost in the Shell Shooter? ()
- This Week in Anime - What's Really Going On In A Centaur's Life? ()
- Interview: Hironobu Sakaguchi and Kimihiko Fujisaka ()
- Review: No Game, No Life Zero ()
- Review: High School Life of a Fudanshi GN 1 ()
- Did Netflix Make A Decent Death Note Film? ()
- Interview: Castlevania producer Adi Shankar ()
- Answerman - Why Aren't Tezuka and Ishinomori Anime Popular In The West? ()
- Explaining the English Light Novel Boom with Bookwalker Global ()
- Vice & Luna - The Leaked Jedi ()
- This Week in Anime - What's Stain's Real Problem With Heroes? ()
- Interview: The Staff of Welcome to the Ballroom ()
- Review: Garo Season Two: Crimson Moon BD+DVD ()
- Review: Saga of Tanya the Evil ()
- Answerman - Is It Ethical To Import Anime From Other Countries? ()
- Shelf Life - School-Live! ()
- Interview: Attack on Titan's Trina Nishimura and Yui Ishikawa ()
- Daily Streaming Reviews: The Reflection ()
- Review: Genshiken: Second Season GN 9 ()
- The Mike Toole Show - The Magnificent 1997 ()
- Review: Fate/Apocrypha Episodes 1-3 ()
- The List - 6 Fantastic Female Friendships in Anime ()
- Daily Streaming Reviews: Vatican Miracle Examiner ()
- Daily Streaming Reviews: Made in Abyss ()
- Why Affordable Housing for Animators Matters (and What You Can Do to Help) ()
- Interview: Tokyo Ghoul live-action film director Kentarō Hagiwara ()
- Answerman - Why Aren't Anime Sales Figures Made Public? ()
- Review: School-Live! Blu-Ray ()
- Interview: Ali Project ()
- This Week in Games - Accel World vs. Sword Art Online ()
- Review: Haruchika: Haruta & Chika BD+DVD ()
- Daily Streaming Reviews: Gamers! ()
- Daily Streaming Reviews: My First Girlfriend is a Gal ()
- Answerman - Why Do People Make Curry Rice When Camping? ()
- Interview: Konomi Suzuki ()
- The Controversial Legacy of Final Fantasy XII ()
- Review: Kakegurui — Episodes 1-3 ()
- Daily Streaming Reviews: Classroom of the Elite ()
- Daily Streaming Reviews: Fastest Finger First ()
- Daily Streaming Reviews: In Another World With My Smartphone ()
- Review: Outlaw Star BD+DVD ()
- Daily Streaming Reviews: Welcome to the Ballroom ()
- Interview: Walküre's Minori Suzuki and JUNNA ()
- Vice & Luna - The Best Part of the Convention ()
- Daily Streaming Reviews: Magical Circle Guru-Guru ()
- Daily Streaming Reviews: New Game!! ()
- Daily Streaming Reviews: Elegant Yokai Apartment Life ()
- Interview: THE [email protected] CINDERELLA GIRLS ()
- Review: Pokémon the Movie: I Choose You! ()
- Answerman - Why Can't Some Older Anime Be Remastered? ()
- Shelf Life - Magi: The Kingdom of Magic ()
- Daily Streaming Reviews: Love and Lies ()
- Daily Streaming Reviews: Restaurant to Another World ()
- Daily Streaming Reviews: Clean Freak! Aoyama kun ()
- Daily Streaming Reviews: A Centaur's Life ()
- Daily Streaming Reviews: Katsugeki! Tōken Ranbu ()
- Daily Streaming Reviews: Altair: A Record of Battles ()
- Review: Kakegurui GN 1 ()
- Daily Streaming Reviews: Knight's & Magic ()
- Daily Streaming Reviews: Princess Principal ()
- The List - 7 Characters Who Just Can't Resist Cats ()
- Review: Spice & Wolf Novel 18 ()
- Answerman - Why Are Anime Soundtracks Missing Songs? ()
- Review: Black Butler: The Movie BD+DVD ()
- This Week in Games - Don't Dig Up Your SNES ()
- Review: Sword Oratoria: Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? On the Side Episodes 1-12 Streaming ()
- 3DCG in Anime: An Introduction ()
- Answerman - How Does An Anime Studio Go Out Of Business? ()
- Review: Castlevania ()
- Vice & Luna - The Brutal Alley ()
- Review: Mary and the Witch's Flower ()
- Review: KanColle: Kantai Collection BD+DVD ()
- Answerman - Why Is Anime Dialogue Recorded After Animation Is Done? ()
- Shelf Life - Divine Gate ()
- PC Impressions - Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls ()
- Review: Vinland Saga GN 8 ()
- The Mike Toole Show - Searching for Star Blazers ()
- The List - Six Underrated Anime Witches ()
- Review: A Bride's Story GN 8 ()
- What the Heck Happened to Berserk? ()
- Review: Little Witch Academia Episodes 1-13 Streaming ()
- Answerman - Why Doesn't Netflix Simulcast? ()
- Review: Tokyo Ghoul (Live-Action) ()
- This Week in Games - Breath of the Wild: The Master Trials ()
- The Best and Worst of the Spring 2017 Season ()
- Review: Mobile Suit Gundam MS Igloo Blu-Ray Collection ()
- Answerman - What Is Uyoku Dantai? ()
- Review: Pandora in the Crimson Shell: Ghost Urn BD+DVD ()
- Review: Final Fantasy XV: Episode Prompto ()
- Review: The Rising of the Shield Hero Novel 8 ()
- Shelf Life - Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic ()
- Review: Cage of Eden GN 21 ()
- Anime Expo 2017: Violet Evergarden World Premiere ()
- Review: Manga in Theory and Practice: The Craft of Creating Manga ()
- The Summer 2017 Anime Preview Guide ()
Loading next article...
Mike goes on a treasure hunt for short-form anime and uncovers a show about a sentient fart, which means the hunt was an enormous success. ― It's January, which means that I just killed the mid-month holiday weekend off at Arisia, Boston's largest science fiction and fantasy convention. This year, not only did I sit on panels on the furious Evangelion debate, fanservice, and other anime-related topic...
Whether you're already a fan of the anime version or not, Made in Abyss' manga is a journey worth undertaking. Rebecca Silverman dives into this fantasy manga's dark and fascinating world. ― At this point, the anime adaptation of Akihito Tsukushi's fantasy manga is better known to English-speakers, since its release predates that of the source manga. For the curious, this first volume covers the anim...
Watching anime doesn't have to be purely a shut-in pursuit! Here are six titles that encourage you to explore the wonders of the natural world. ― One of my favorite anime airing this season is Laid-Back Camp, a story that looks like another "cute girls doing cute things" anime on the surface but ended up delivering more for me. That's not to say that it doesn't star cute girls who mostly hang out do...
This manga spinoff of the surprise hit franchise brings some great art to the table but falls short on story. Rebecca Silverman has the details. ― The surprise hit anime of last year, Kemono Friends, is only one portion of a multimedia franchise – there are games, apps, and a variety of other bits and bobs to accompany the anime. Fly's two-volume manga Welcome to Japari Park, collected into a single ...
The Eureka Seven art contest has been extended, and we're adding new prizes! ― The Eureka Seven Hi-Evolution film series lands in theaters later this year. The original staff, chief director Tomoki Kyoda, screenplay writer Dai Sato, and character designer Kenichi Yoshida, have all returned. Other staff members from the past series, including character animation director Ayumi Kurashima, Shigeru Fujit...
Zac, Jacob and special guest Gabriella Ekens fiendishly devour as many of the 2018 winter premieres as they can, plus Godzilla: Planet of the Monsters! ― ANNCast Episode 317 - Winter 2018 Anime Roundup Zac, Jacob and special guest Gabriella Ekens fiendishly devour as many of the 2018 winter premieres as they can, plus Godzilla: Planet of the Monsters! You can listen to the show on our player here, d...
Older anime like Evangelion frequently have strange "jumps" in between edits - why is that, and what can be done about it? Justin goes in deep! ― K.o.R asked: Why, on a lot of older anime series, does the picture appear to jerk sideways whenever there is a cut? It's noticeable on things like the original release of Evangelion, for example. In the years before anime went all-digital, TV shows were ed...
One of the only American artists to ever serialize a manga in Japan, Part I of our interview with Peepo Choo mangaka Felipe Smith goes in-depth on the manga industry and his incredible career. ― “Unlike most manga-inspired artists I know, I wasn't so much wowed by the [style of] manga as I was by its incredible abundance of ordinary, lifelike, slice-of-life scenarios and characters.” Inspired by that...
The most popular Gundam series in the Western hemisphere finally comes to Blu-ray in this extravagant set filled with bonus goodies. But does the show still hold up 20 years later? Lauren Orsini finds out. ― Gundam Wing was one of the first anime I ever saw, and I'm not alone. When the show first aired on Cartoon Network's Toonami in 2000, it created a wave of brand new-anime fans who are now in thei...
The Raten Taisho: a festival where people with abnormal powers gather. ― Hitori No Shita The Outcast 2 (Raten Taisho Chapter) Official Website: http://hitorinoshita2.com/ Introduction Story Characters Cast & Staff Gallery An episode 0 (recap of the first season) will be broadcast on January 10, 2018 (JST). 1st episode of the season 2, will then start January 17, 2018 (JST). Key Staff Animation Produ...
Now that it's done setting up its story, GARO -Vanishing Line- has taken off on a wild road trip across the USA. We explore how this change has made the show stronger. ― Now that it's done setting up its story, GARO -Vanishing Line- has taken off on a wild road trip across the USA. This week in anime, Nick and Steve expound on how this change has made the show stronger. Disclaimer: The views and opin...
Beloved veteran voice actor Johnny Yong Bosch chats about his role in Digimon Adventure Tri, stepping into an established character, and who his ideal Digimon partner would be! ― In anticipation of the last three Digimon Adventure Tri. films being released with an English dub in theaters this year (kicking off with the premiere of Part 4: Loss on February 1st), we spoke to Johnny Yong Bosch about his...
There's a mountain of brand-new Nintendo news, from Detective Pikachu to craft cardboard. PLUS: SNK Heroines, Final Fantasy XV returns and much more! ― THIS WEEK IN GAMES: NINTENDO GONE WILD! When I write this column, I usually begin by writing an outline on Tuesday morning, working on it Tuesday and Wednesday, and then submitting it Wednesday evening for publication early Thursday morning. This usua...
To celebrate the release of the live action GINTAMA film, we are giving away awesome prize packs including exclusive merchandise only available in Japan! ― To celebrate the release of this laugh-out-loud Sci-Fi Samurai Comedy, we are giving away two awesome GINTAMA prize packs including exclusive merchandise only available in Japan! Get ready to laugh your brains out with the Yorozuya Crew! The inter...