Views - October 2009
- The Gallery - Henry Liao ()
- Review: The Sigh of Haruhi Suzumiya (hardback) ()
- Interview: Kouji Seo ()
- Hey, Answerman! ()
- ANNCast - That Ken-Do Attitude ()
- Madman National Cosplay Championship Grand Finalist Interview - Jenita ()
- Interview: Shinichiro Miki ()
- Buried Treasure - Mysterious Cities of Gold ()
- Letter From The Encyclopedist - Bochi-Bochi ()
- The X Button - The Old Frontier ()
- Review: Beast Player Erin Episodes 1-25 Streaming ()
- Totally Unnamed Gaming Column - I Am Lonely Driver ()
- Now Streaming: El Cazador De La Bruja 14-26 ()
- Interview: Yousuke Kuroda and Seiji Mizushima ()
- Interview: Fred Schodt ()
- Review: Baccano! Vol. 1 DVD 1 ()
- Chicks On Anime - Raining Men ()
- RIGHT TURN ONLY!! - Fairy Trails ()
- Shelf Life - Cutting Through Red Tape ()
- Review: Andromeda Stories GN 1-3 ()
- The Gallery - Ms,Shatia Hamilton ()
- Review: Ghost Hound Sub.DVD 1 ()
- Now Streaming: Murder Princess ()
- Interview: Yoshiyuki Tomino ()
- Hey, Answerman! ()
- Madman National Cosplay Championship Grand Finalist Interview - Robyn ()
- ANNCast - A Manry Competition ()
- Review: Saki Episodes 1-25 Streaming ()
- Anime News Nina! - 2009-10-21 ()
- The X Button - Metal Storm ()
- Review: Nana DVD Box Set 1 ()
- Totally Unnamed Gaming Column - Surprisingly Big in Japan ()
- Review: Chibi Vampire GN 14 ()
- Review: Astro Boy ()
- Shelf Life - Fresh Blood ()
- Astro Toy with Rob Bricken: Meiya Mitsurugi Figma ()
- The Gallery - Bettina Kurkoski ()
- Review: Clannad After Story Sub.DVD 1 ()
- Hey, Answerman! ()
- ANNCast - Surrounded by Sevakises ()
- Buried Treasure - The Phoenix: Karma ()
- Madman National Cosplay Championship Grand Finalist Interview - Christie Lee ()
- Anime News Nina! - 2009-10-14 ()
- The X Button - Hard Corps ()
- Review: Hot Gimmick -VIZBig Edition- GN 2 ()
- Chicks On Anime - Seme Like it Hot ()
- Totally Unnamed Gaming Column - They see me rollin' They hatin' ()
- RIGHT TURN ONLY!! - What a Wonderful Gundam ()
- The Fall 2009 Anime Preview Guide ()
- Shelf Life - Changing of the Guards ()
- Totally Unnamed Gaming Column - Towels, Devils and Moe Bombs ()
- The Gallery - Bing Lin ()
- Review: Glass Mask Episodes 1-26 Streaming ()
- ANNCast - Doin' a Daryl Roll ()
- Review: Blood+ Novel 2: Chevalier ()
- Review: NANA GN 16-18 ()
- Anime News Nina! - 2009-10-07 ()
- The X Button - Neo Model Army ()
- Review: Gurren Lagann V1 ()
- Review: True Tears Sub.DVD ()
- 17 Minutes in Heaven With AKB48 ()
- Review: Aoihana Episodes 1-11 Streaming ()
- Shelf Life - Fists of Fury ()
- Astro Toy Classic with Rob Bricken - The Crescendolls ()
- Totally Unnamed Gaming Column - We are what wii ware. ()
- Review: He is my Master DVD ()
- Review: Flock of Angels GN 1-3 ()
- The Gallery - Victor Hao ()
- ANNCast - Johnston Waxes ()
- Hey, Answerman! ()
- Review: Fushigi Yûgi: Genbu Kaiden GN 9 ()
- Buried Garbage - Dark Cat ()
Loading next article...
Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo may rule the market now, but many other companies have tried their hand at breaking into the gaming console market. Here are just a few of the more notorious flops. ― Today's gaming scene is dominated by three major console manufacturers: Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo. The landscape is a lot different than when I was a kid, plugging away at Super Mario World on the SNES...
In advance of a second season, Gen Urobuchi and the master puppeteers at PiLi have delivered a movie recounting the villainous origins of the Screaming Phoenix Killer. Nick Creamer finds out if this series has lost any magic in film form. ― It was a great surprise to learn that Gen Urobuchi, star writer of hits like Madoka Magica and Fate/Zero, would be working on a collaborative series of Taiwanese ...
just for fun
It's not so relaxed anymore - Laid-Back Camp leaps up 8 PLACES on the chart to dominate this week in user episode rankings! ― Our team of reviewers are following 28 anime series of the Winter 2018 season and readers are rating each episode as the reviews go up. So let's have a look at what ANN readers consider the best (and worst) of the season. Keep in mind that these rankings are based on how peop...
They seem a lot more complex than regular DVD subtitles - how exactly do they get subtitles on bluray discs? Justin has the shockingly complex answer. ― John asked: What are the technical differences between creating subtitles for DVDs and Blu-ry Discs? And were HD-DVDs any better or worse? Subtitles are a pain in the ass. No other part of making a DVD or Blu-ray is as complicated, error-prone, or a...
Part II of our GAINAX tour charts the studio's late-80s rollercoaster ride through incredible success and heartbreaking failure with Nadia, Gunbuster, and The Wings of Honneamise. ― Welcome to Part II of our 4-part history of Studio Gainax. If you missed part I, you can find it right here! Studio GAINAX was one of the first studios to bring together merchandising and anime production under one roof. ...
To celebrate the upcoming Anime Awards, Crunchyroll is excited to announce its partnership with Twitch to exclusively livestream the awards ceremony, live from Hollywood. ― To celebrate the Anime Awards, Crunchyroll is excited to announce its partnership with Twitch to exclusively livestream the awards ceremony, live from Hollywood at at 6:00PM PST on Saturday, February 24th. Follow Crunchyroll's Tw...
Warner Bros. live-action FMA movie has finally arrived on Netflix to surprisingly little fanfare. We discover why this particular project didn't get the U.S. theatrical attention of its peers. ― Warner Bros. live-action FMA film has finally arrived on Netflix to surprisingly little fanfare. This week in anime, Nick and Jacob discover why this particular project didn't get the U.S. theatrical attentio...
Attack on Titan's Bryce Papenbrook and Kill la Kill's David Vincent sit down for a chat about their new approach to connecting fans and voice actors. ― Fans may recognize veteran voice actors Bryce Papenbrook (Attack on Titan, Sword Art Online) and David Vincent (Fate/Zero, Kill La Kill) from their work in a number of anime and video game series, but the two have a unique off-screen collaboration, as...
Heidi takes the Secret of Mana remake for a spin, plus Namco's Catalog IP project, Metal Gear Survive, Dragon Ball FighterZ DLC and a whole lot more! ― It's another one of those slow news weeks, which means I can take a bit of space in this column to babble about something I'm particularly interested in. This week, I've got the perfect excuse to talk about two things I really like: the mobile game Go...
The final arc in the Utena saga has arrived on blu-ray, alongside the opulent Adolescence of Utena film. Rebecca Silverman looks back on how this classic concluded. ― With this final arc of the Revolutionary Girl Utena narrative, the story throws all subtlety out the window. That's not strictly a negative in terms of getting the most out of everything the series has built up, because when the visuals...
Wow! Hundreds of millions of dollars are flowing into the anime industry thanks to streaming! Is any of that money going to the people who actually make anime? Justin gets into it. ― Custom Gundam asked: With ANN recently reporting that Crunchyroll royalties to the Japanese industry exceed US $100 million and also the huge amount recieved from global companies like Netflix and Amazon and also the va...
Take a journey back in time with Daryl Surat, when many people were introduced to anime through heartwarming films like My Neighbor Totoro and Grave of the Fireflies. But what forgotten gems lie sleeping in this long-ago year? ― Every so often, I get questions regarding what the value is in observing what works of popular culture remain worth watching, decades after their creation. But nearly three m...
This beloved 2000s megahit is the newest to get a live-action update to the big screen, now available on Netflix after its theatrical run in Japan. Theron Martin finds out if this movie can live up to fans' expectations. ― Fullmetal Alchemist was one of the most popular and successful anime/manga franchises of the 2000s, so the only surprise surrounding this live-action adaptation might be that it di...