Views - July 2016
- Review: Plastic Memories Sub.Blu-Ray 1 ()
- The List - Six Anime Trips to New York City ()
- Review: The Asterisk War GN 1 ()
- ANNCast - Berserk du Soleil ()
- Interview: Shoji Kawamori ()
- Answerman - Will Streaming Companies Free Anime From TV Format Limits? ()
- Review: Kagerou Daze Novel 4 ()
- The X Button - Signing Off ()
- Review: Liselotte & Witch's Forest GN 1 ()
- Review: Kuromukuro Episodes 1-13 Streaming ()
- Answerman - Why Aren't Anime/Manga Sales Numbers Public? ()
- Interview: The Cast and Crew of My Hero Academia ()
- Review: UQ Holder! GN 7 ()
- Vice & Luna - #7 ()
- Answerman - Why Don't More Anime Discs Come With Digital Downloads? ()
- Shelf Life - Gasaraki ()
- Review: Selector Spread WIXOSS BD+DVD ()
- Daily Streaming Reviews: Danganronpa 3: The End of Hope's Peak High School: Future Arc ()
- Review: Genshiken: Second Season GN 8 ()
- The Mike Toole Show - Anthology Chronology ()
- Review: So Cute It Hurts!! GN 7 ()
- The List - 7 Anime Beach Episodes Worth Watching ()
- Answerman - Is California The Otaku Promised Land? ()
- Interview: Blue Exorcist Mangaka Kazue Kato ()
- Review: Den-noh Coil Blu-Ray ()
- The X Button - First Impressions: I Am Setsuna ()
- Review: Haven't You Heard? I'm Sakamoto GN 4 ()
- Review: Gundam Build Fighters Blu-Ray ()
- Answerman - Why Does Anime Go Unlicensed? ()
- The Most (And Least) Relatable Gundam Heroes ()
- Interview: Studio Bones President Masahiko Minami ()
- Review: The Empire of Corpses BD+DVD ()
- Daily Streaming Reviews: Sweetness & Lightning ()
- Vice & Luna - #6 ()
- Daily Streaming Reviews: Mob Psycho 100 ()
- Daily Streaming Reviews: DAYS ()
- Answerman - Why Do Girls In Anime Say, "Now I Can't Get Married?" ()
- Daily Streaming Reviews: Taboo Tattoo ()
- Shelf Life - Sekirei ()
- Review: Assassination Classroom BD+DVD ()
- Daily Streaming Reviews: D.Gray-man Hallow ()
- Daily Streaming Reviews: The Morose Mononokean ()
- Daily Streaming Reviews: The Heroic Legend of Arslan: Dust Storm Dance ()
- Daily Streaming Reviews: Tales of Zestiria the X ()
- Daily Streaming Reviews: Orange ()
- Review: The Boy and The Beast [US] BD+DVD ()
- Daily Streaming Reviews: Berserk ()
- The List - 10 Pokemon You Don't Want to Become Real ()
- Review: Wagnaria!!3 Sub.Blu-Ray Part 1 ()
- Daily Streaming Reviews: Thunderbolt Fantasy ()
- Daily Streaming Reviews: 91 Days ()
- Daily Streaming Reviews: Love Live! Sunshine!! ()
- Daily Streaming Reviews: Rewrite ()
- Daily Streaming Reviews: Handa-kun ()
- Daily Streaming Reviews: Battery the Animation ()
- Daily Streaming Reviews: Amanchu! ()
- In Memory of Innocence: A Guide to D.Gray-Man ()
- Review: Cross Ange: Rondo of Angel and Dragon Blu-Ray 1 ()
- Answerman - What Happened To DVD "Easter Eggs"? ()
- Daily Streaming Reviews: Alderamin on the Sky ()
- Daily Streaming Reviews: planetarian ()
- Daily Streaming Reviews: Danganronpa 3: The End of Hope's Peak High School: Despair Arc ()
- The X Button - Children of Ico and Shadow of the Colossus ()
- Review: Umineko When They Cry Episode 6: Dawn of the Golden Witch Volume 1 GN 13 ()
- Daily Streaming Reviews: This Art Club Has a Problem! ()
- Daily Streaming Reviews: Cheer Boys!! ()
- Answerman - How Does Uncensored Hentai Make It Out Of Japan? ()
- Interview: Xavier Lim, Bluefin's Gundam Guru ()
- Review: My Hero Academia ()
- Vice & Luna - #5 ()
- Review: Seraph of the End: Vampire Reign BD+DVD ()
- Anime Spotlight Summer 2016 - The List ()
- Daily Streaming Reviews: New Game! ()
- Answerman - What Western Foods Are Popular In Japan? ()
- Shelf Life - When They Cry: Kai ()
- Review: Space Patrol Luluco ()
- Review: Haikyu!! GN 1 ()
- Review: Psycome Novel 1 ()
- The List - Anime's 8 Deadliest Children ()
- Answerman - How Are Simulcast Subtitles Made So Fast? ()
- ANNCast - Cruel for the Summer ()
- Alice in Anime Wonderland ()
- Review: School-Live! GN 3 ()
- The X Button - Import Roundup with Super Robot Wars ()
- Review: Battle Rabbits GN 1 ()
- Review: Complex Age GN 1 ()
- Answerman - How Is Anime Changing Visually These Days? ()
- Is The Lost Village Actually A Comedy? ()
- Review: 7th Garden GN 1 ()
- The Best and Worst of the Spring 2016 Season ()
- Vice & Luna #4 ()
- Review: Everyone's Getting Married GN 1 ()
- Shelf Life - Lupin III: Alcatraz Connection ()
- Review: Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ Sub.Blu-Ray ()
- Review: Don't Be Cruel [2-in-1 Edition] GN 1 ()
- Daily Streaming Reviews: Food Wars! The Second Plate ()
- Review: Shonen Hollywood: Holly Stage for 49 Sub.DVD ()
- The Summer 2016 Anime Preview Guide ()
Loading next article...
Watching anime doesn't have to be purely a shut-in pursuit! Here are six titles that encourage you to explore the wonders of the natural world. ― One of my favorite anime airing this season is Laid-Back Camp, a story that looks like another "cute girls doing cute things" anime on the surface but ended up delivering more for me. That's not to say that it doesn't star cute girls who mostly hang out do...
This manga spinoff of the surprise hit franchise brings some great art to the table but falls short on story. Rebecca Silverman has the details. ― The surprise hit anime of last year, Kemono Friends, is only one portion of a multimedia franchise – there are games, apps, and a variety of other bits and bobs to accompany the anime. Fly's two-volume manga Welcome to Japari Park, collected into a single ...
The Eureka Seven art contest has been extended, and we're adding new prizes! ― The Eureka Seven Hi-Evolution film series lands in theaters later this year. The original staff, chief director Tomoki Kyoda, screenplay writer Dai Sato, and character designer Kenichi Yoshida, have all returned. Other staff members from the past series, including character animation director Ayumi Kurashima, Shigeru Fujit...
Zac, Jacob and special guest Gabriella Ekens fiendishly devour as many of the 2018 winter premieres as they can, plus Godzilla: Planet of the Monsters! ― ANNCast Episode 317 - Winter 2018 Anime Roundup Zac, Jacob and special guest Gabriella Ekens fiendishly devour as many of the 2018 winter premieres as they can, plus Godzilla: Planet of the Monsters! You can listen to the show on our player here, d...
Older anime like Evangelion frequently have strange "jumps" in between edits - why is that, and what can be done about it? Justin goes in deep! ― K.o.R asked: Why, on a lot of older anime series, does the picture appear to jerk sideways whenever there is a cut? It's noticeable on things like the original release of Evangelion, for example. In the years before anime went all-digital, TV shows were ed...
One of the only American artists to ever serialize a manga in Japan, Part I of our interview with Peepo Choo mangaka Felipe Smith goes in-depth on the manga industry and his incredible career. ― “Unlike most manga-inspired artists I know, I wasn't so much wowed by the [style of] manga as I was by its incredible abundance of ordinary, lifelike, slice-of-life scenarios and characters.” Inspired by that...
The most popular Gundam series in the Western hemisphere finally comes to Blu-ray in this extravagant set filled with bonus goodies. But does the show still hold up 20 years later? Lauren Orsini finds out. ― Gundam Wing was one of the first anime I ever saw, and I'm not alone. When the show first aired on Cartoon Network's Toonami in 2000, it created a wave of brand new-anime fans who are now in thei...
The Raten Taisho: a festival where people with abnormal powers gather. ― Hitori No Shita The Outcast 2 (Raten Taisho Chapter) Official Website: http://hitorinoshita2.com/ Introduction Story Characters Cast & Staff Gallery An episode 0 (recap of the first season) will be broadcast on January 10, 2018 (JST). 1st episode of the season 2, will then start January 17, 2018 (JST). Key Staff Animation Produ...
Now that it's done setting up its story, GARO -Vanishing Line- has taken off on a wild road trip across the USA. We explore how this change has made the show stronger. ― Now that it's done setting up its story, GARO -Vanishing Line- has taken off on a wild road trip across the USA. This week in anime, Nick and Steve expound on how this change has made the show stronger. Disclaimer: The views and opin...
Beloved veteran voice actor Johnny Yong Bosch chats about his role in Digimon Adventure Tri, stepping into an established character, and who his ideal Digimon partner would be! ― In anticipation of the last three Digimon Adventure Tri. films being released with an English dub in theaters this year (kicking off with the premiere of Part 4: Loss on February 1st), we spoke to Johnny Yong Bosch about his...
There's a mountain of brand-new Nintendo news, from Detective Pikachu to craft cardboard. PLUS: SNK Heroines, Final Fantasy XV returns and much more! ― THIS WEEK IN GAMES: NINTENDO GONE WILD! When I write this column, I usually begin by writing an outline on Tuesday morning, working on it Tuesday and Wednesday, and then submitting it Wednesday evening for publication early Thursday morning. This usua...
To celebrate the release of the live action GINTAMA film, we are giving away awesome prize packs including exclusive merchandise only available in Japan! ― To celebrate the release of this laugh-out-loud Sci-Fi Samurai Comedy, we are giving away two awesome GINTAMA prize packs including exclusive merchandise only available in Japan! Get ready to laugh your brains out with the Yorozuya Crew! The inter...
The combined forces of Gen Urobuchi, Polygon Pictures and Netflix have a brand-new animated Godzilla movie for you! Well, the first half of one, anyway. Callum May straps in. ― If this is your first time experiencing Godzilla, turn back now. This is not a film for the uninitiated. Whilst other recent attempts to reboot the series, such as the American Godzilla in 2014 and the most recent Godzilla: Re...
Studio Ponoc's Yoshiaki Nishimura and Hiromasa Yonebayashi talk about escaping Ghibli and forging their own destinies with a lavish fantasy film. ― Mary and the Witch's Flower is the first theatrical feature from Studio Ponoc, a brand-new animation house brimming with former Studio Ghibli luminaries (and a whole lot of the artists responsible for making Ghibli films as beautiful as they are). Founded...
One reader wonders why Adult Swim went with the 2011 Hunter x Hunter instead of the original 90s version - and why in general, not much classic anime is on US TV. Justin considers the angles. ― Joshua asked: Why does Toonami always go with the new versions of series over the old classic ones? For example Hunter x Hunter choose the 2011 version over the 1999 version. As much as you and I love the loo...
This insanely salacious reboot of the Go Nagai classic brings Masaaki Yuasa's wild fantasies to life like nothing else. Mike Toole details how Crybaby holds up for both old fans and new. ― I met Masaaki Yuasa at Anime Expo a few years back. When he was first announced as the director of Devilman Crybaby, I remembered seeing him speak effusively of loving mainstream anime, prizing his work on Crayon S...