Views - July 2014
- House of 1000 Manga - Danza and Tesoro ()
- Review: Spell of Desire GN 1 ()
- The X Button - Equal Crime ()
- Review: No Game, No Life Episodes 1-12 Streaming ()
- Review: Silver Spoon Sub.DVD ()
- RIGHT TURN ONLY!! - Shining Wings ()
- Review: Ranma ½ Blu-Ray Set 2 ()
- The Mike Toole Show - What's The Criterion? ()
- Review: Say I Love You. GN 1 & 2 ()
- The List - 7 Shuttered American Anime Companies ()
- Answerman - I Am Not At SDCC ()
- Review: Dynasty Warriors Gundam Reborn ()
- Interview: Thomas Sirdey, Co-Founder, Japan Expo ()
- The X Button - Popular Mecha Nicks ()
- Review: One Week Friends Episodes 1-12 Streaming ()
- Interview: Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods with Justin Cook, Chris Sabat, and Sean Schemmel ()
- Pile of Shame - Eiji ()
- Review: Knights of Sidonia ()
- Review: Kill la Kill [Limited Edition] BD+DVD 1 ()
- ANNCast - Justin Time ()
- Shelf Life - Multiple Choice ()
- Astro Toy - Chogokin Hello Kitty ()
- Review: Kanojo ga Flag o Oraretara Complete Series Streaming ()
- Answerman - In Search of Stability ()
- House of 1000 Manga - One Thousand and One Nights ()
- Review: The Battle Royale Slam Book Fanbook ()
- Exclusive Interview: The New English Language Cast of Sailor Moon ()
- The X Button - Temporal Tempers ()
- Review: Love Live! School Idol Project Season 2 ()
- The Summer 2014 Anime Preview Guide ()
- RIGHT TURN ONLY!! - Judgement ()
- Shelf Life - All Thinking Men ()
- Review: Black Rose Alice GN 1 ()
- The Mike Toole Show - Mainstream Anime ()
- Review: School Days Sub.DVD ()
- Review: Mobile Suit Gundam Side Stories ()
- Answerman - Recovery ()
- House of 1000 Manga - Thermae Romae ()
- The X Button - Fragmentary ()
- Pile of Shame - Mermaid's Scar ()
- Review: Brynhildr in the Darkness ()
- ANNCast Live at Anime Expo 2014 ()
- The List - 7 Series Set in France ()
- Answerman - Teenage Party Weekend ()
- Review: Mazinger Z Sub.DVD Part 1 ()
- Review: World Is Still Beautiful Episodes 7 - 12 ()
- Review: Chaika - The Coffin Princess season 1 ()
- The X Button - Sweetness and Light ()
- Review: Nobunaga The Fool 13 - 24 ()
- RIGHT TURN ONLY!! - Career Choices ()
If you ask an American manga publisher about whether or not they're going to license a title you love, they'll be super coy and weird about it even if they have every intention of releasing it. Why is that? Deb digs in. ― Just got back from Anime Expo, and I'm at San Diego Comic-Con as you read this, where I'll be doing more of the same: going to the manga publishers' panels and reporting on what I ...
Once you get past its oddball premise, Hinamatsuri offers plenty of laughs and charm throughout its unusual run. Nick Creamer has the details. ― You wouldn't think a show about a family composed of a yakuza mobster and a psychic alien girl could be described as “warm and relatable,” but Hinamatsuri is weird in more ways than that. Idly combining trenchant commentary on homelessness, running child lab...
F/E LE premiered on Netflix last month to plenty of head-scratching from even experienced Fate fanatics. We run down this show's often baffling plot and what went wrong in adaptation. ― Fate/Extra Last Encore premiered on Netflix last month to plenty of head-scratching from even experienced Fate fanatics. This week, Nick and Jacob run down this show's often baffling plot and what went wrong in adapta...
Heidi memorializes the distinct and uniquely evocative designs of Hiroshi Kajiyama, illustrator for Shining Force, Dragon Quest and more. PLUS: Dragon Ball FighterZ, Sonic Mania Plus, Granblue Fantasy and much more! ― I hate to start this week's column out on a downer note, but I feel like I need to make the most of an opportunity to eulogize a creator I really admired who suddenly passed on this wee...
The director and producer of Persona 5 The Animation stormed Anime Expo 2018 this year - we've got an interview with the guys behind the anime, and a full panel report from the show. ― At this year's Anime Expo, Persona 5 the Animation's director Masashi Ishihama and producer Kazuki Adachi were kind enough to agree to a one-on-one interview with Anime News Network regarding their newest project. One ...
Once upon a time, Funimation and ADV Films licensed western cartoons for release into the fabled "mass market". Justin gets into this bit of history. ― Taylor asked: I've gone through Funimation's catalog on DVDEmpire and watched the "not-so-hidden secret" videos from Skippy on Youtube, and from what I saw, during the mid-00s, Funimation licensed several cartoons for release on DVD and VHS (includin...
This ensemble film tells a myriad of charming stories with some of the most impressive animation in the franchise's history. Callum May gives his take on this next step in Pokémon's ongoing evolution. ― Pokemon movies are often known for cheesy titles like “Zoroark: Master of Illusions” and “Hoopa and the Clash of Ages”, but the title of Pokemon the Movie: Everyone's Story has a very distinct meaning...
FLCL Progressive came to an end last weekend, and fans are still divided on the results. This week, Nick and Steve parse their gut feelings on this highly anticipated sequel. ― FLCL Progressive came to an end last weekend, and fans are still divided on the results. This week, Nick and Steve parse their gut feelings on this highly anticipated sequel. Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed by the...
The K franchise's transition to the big screen for the first of six films is unfortunately not off to a promising start. Lynzee Loveridge has the details. ― As a franchise, K had slipped under my radar; I knew it as little more than the colorful anime by the creators of Hand Shakers. So I quickly got myself acquainted with a story that included two television anime and a movie that bridges the gap be...