• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: A Silent Voice Anime Film's Visual, Teaser Video, Release Date, More Staff Revealed

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Engineering Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:03 am Reply with quote
Looks great!!

Although is Kyoto Animation planning to adapt the whole 60+ chapter manga with one movie, or are they gonna cut some parts?

Or do what Kyoani most of times do when comes to adaptation: Loose adaptation which isn't necessarily inferior to originals
Hikarunu

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:07 am Reply with quote
Glad Kyoani still keep the art style from manga.
Hikarunu

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:28 am Reply with quote
Engineering Nerd wrote:
Looks great!!

Although is Kyoto Animation planning to adapt the whole 60+ chapter manga with one movie, or are they gonna cut some parts?

Or do what Kyoani most of times do when comes to adaptation: Loose adaptation which isn't necessarily inferior to originals

There is one-shot manga before the serialized manga, they could straight adapted one-short manga. The serialized manga is boring and draggy with unnecessary stuffs, I actually prefer one-shot than 60 chapters manga.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:05 am Reply with quote
This looks fantastic!
VoidWitch

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:17 am Reply with quote
This looks very nice! I hope the writing will be as great as visuals.
sim0n2170

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:29 am Reply with quote
Looks really good
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:31 am Reply with quote
The promotional art shows the 2 leads in their high-school phase, which wasn't shown in the one-shot version (it was mainly on the elementary school phase). So unless the movie will try to cram 60 chapters into it, either there are more movie installments down the line (maybe waiting to see how this movie pen out, box office-wise, before approving more movies), or the movie adaptation is a "middle point" between the one-shot and the manga.

Engineering Nerd wrote:

Usually, they do that when the source material was publishing under their in-house brand. So shows like Amagi Brilliant Park or Hibike! Euphonium follow more closely to the source material (from what I understand, I personally haven't read them), while shows like Chūnibyō demo Koi ga Shitai! or Kyōkai no Kanata are looser adaptations.
Rivailloli

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:40 am Reply with quote
Oh my gosh, it looks so pretty! I can't wait to watch it.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:49 am Reply with quote
Ohhhh, if this movie becomes a box office hit, it will really cement KyoAni in the eyes in a lot of peeps! They maybe even get more Kodansha titles for to adapt.
nobody knows

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:31 am Reply with quote
it is finally here

Last edited by nobody knows on Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:18 am Reply with quote
I'll just say what I've been saying for the longest: Please please please please PLEASE don't suck.
SquadmemberRitsu

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:55 am Reply with quote
Engineering Nerd wrote:
I don't think anyone will argue that the K-On! manga is better than the anime. Especially in the case of Season 2 where pretty much all the best parts are anime original.
MischievousMelody

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:02 am Reply with quote
Oh my god! This looks gorgeous! Then again, what anime from Kyoto Animation doesn't have gorgeous animation? I can't wait to watch it!
Kougeru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:29 am Reply with quote
This is gonna be fantastic!
DontmesswithKarma

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:50 am Reply with quote
Engineering Nerd wrote:
Looks great!!

I'm hoping it's a loose adaptation. I know the mangaka is a big fan of KyoAni. it's like if you wrote a series and Pixar said we want to make a movie. you'd really want to see what they would do with it with complete freedom.... especially if its a genius director like Yamada. I'd say they will make their own spin on the series once they capture the series' soul I'm grand. If they adapt the soul with a story of their own spin..... with this staff...... oh my sweet god
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2