• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Milla Jovovich Posts Picture of Herself in Costume with 'Slinger' for Live-Action Monster Hunt

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mhora

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:10 am Reply with quote
Milla! Never get any credit for starring by herself in a billion dollar movie franchise. RE <3
Isekai Hollywood here we go!
johnnysasaki

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:36 am Reply with quote
can't wait to see how much of a super immortal goddess Paul W.S. Anderson is going to show his wife off in detriment of everything else!
CastMember1991

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:08 pm Reply with quote
You can tell Paul W.S. Anderson loves Capcom’s games, but if he wants the movies to be good, he has to get more than the elements right. That’s why I’m glad Miyamoto has a direct hand in the Mario film project with Universal.
jdnation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:51 pm Reply with quote
Paul's mission is not to make a good Monster Hunter movie.

It's to make money. Kind of like cell phone loot box games make money.

Low investment - high returns.

Paul doesn't expect many people to watch his movies, he just wants the minimum whales for Mila and slapstick action.

Paul is not going to waste too much time on costume design.

They will rummage through the studio are house to assemble whatever generic weapons they can put together with minimum creativity.

Paul is not going to build fancy sets or shoot something too far out in the wilderness.

It will be the closest wilderness to civilization and he will shoot both outdoors and in city locations.

The script is written to accommodate the practical costs.

In this case - guy from our world wearing our clothes and firing our guns. And also so that they don't have to write and think about a character who lives in and inhabits another world and all that complicated stuff. He's just one of us. And *plop* we put him in a new world and have him continue to behave like one of us, only in some other location and somebody can just verbally explain everything to him in 5-10 mins, so that the audience can also have it verbally explained to them, and not involve any clever writing to teach the audience about how people in some other world live.

CAPCOM doesn't care, because Paul delivers the income.
Squidslinger

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:03 am Reply with quote
johnnysasaki wrote:
can't wait to see how much of a super immortal goddess Paul W.S. Anderson is going to show his wife off in detriment of everything else!

Biggest reason I won't see it. I'm so sick of them both. Should be banned from ever having anything remotely to do with game adaptation movies.

Course I guess there is some hope since the MH series doesn't have much story focus. But yeah, that means every 5 mins he's gotta parade her around in bad ass poses. She's fallen so far as an actress since she married him. Relegated to being little more than a runway model for Fifth Element nostalgia maniacs who can't seem to grasp the concept that she's less of an actress and more an action figure in Anderson's hands while he plays in a urine filled sandbox.
OjaruFan2

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:28 am Reply with quote
jdnation wrote:
In this case - guy from our world wearing our clothes and firing our guns. And also so that they don't have to write and think about a character who lives in and inhabits another world and all that complicated stuff. He's just one of us. And *plop* we put him in a new world and have him continue to behave like one of us, only in some other location and somebody can just verbally explain everything to him in 5-10 mins, so that the audience can also have it verbally explained to them, and not involve any clever writing to teach the audience about how people in some other world live.

In other words, the whoever’s in charge of the story is lazy.
Gator Gamer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:15 pm Reply with quote
Maybe it'll turn out the humans are the true monsters after all, and Rathalos and his friends are just defending themselves. Wink
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1