• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 2019 Pokémon Film Reveals Title, July 12 Premiere

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aca Vuksa

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:00 am Reply with quote
Wow, this is an interesting film, i can't wait for it. Very Happy
Azza Murphy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:43 am Reply with quote
Hell yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mewtwo is back 2nd best pokemon to me Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
KefkaesqueXIII

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:04 am Reply with quote
Given the title, should we assume this is the same Mewtwo as the original movie as well?

Or is this going to be like the Genesect movie where it's an entierly different Mewtwo, this time having been made by the Aether Foundation or something.
rizuchan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:52 am Reply with quote
KefkaesqueXIII wrote:
Given the title, should we assume this is the same Mewtwo as the original movie as well?

Or is this going to be like the Genesect movie where it's an entierly different Mewtwo, this time having been made by the Aether Foundation or something.

Assuming this is a sequel to The Power of Us, I would assume that it is essentially the same Mewtwo as the first movie, but different in that it takes place in the new alternate universe that I Choose You/Power of Us does.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Aca Vuksa

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:03 am Reply with quote
I wodner what OLM and Pokemon Film producers will produce a film set in SM universe instead of being set in seperate countiunty of the film?
Dark Absol

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:27 am Reply with quote
rizuchan wrote:
KefkaesqueXIII wrote:

Assuming this is a sequel to The Power of Us, I would assume that it is essentially the same Mewtwo as the first movie, but different in that it takes place in the new alternate universe that I Choose You/Power of Us does.

That's what I would think, with the addition of its Mega Evolutions X and Y.
FlyGuySempai

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:54 pm Reply with quote
1999 all over again. Too bad the theatrical releases are always limited which takes 100% of the fun out of Pokemon movie releases.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:35 pm Reply with quote
FlyGuySempai wrote:
1999 all over again. Too bad the theatrical releases are always limited which takes 100% of the fun out of Pokemon movie releases.

They could always go back to dropping straight to video and TV.
SpaceTheGamer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:56 pm Reply with quote
Hey look the most overused and overhyped Legendary Pokemon is back again Rolling Eyes
Vizo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:11 pm Reply with quote
SpaceTheGamer wrote:
Hey look the most overused and overhyped Legendary Pokemon is back again Rolling Eyes

They're milking the Pokemon Let's Go nostalgia.

At least it's about time for some next gen hints.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:27 pm Reply with quote
This is gonna be GREAT.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:53 pm Reply with quote
I've enjoyed I Choose You movie but I'm just not sure how I feel about a new Mewtwo movie. Mewtwo Strikes Back is such a nostalgic classic to me and I'm not sure it will be the same without Takeshi Shudo's writing. I'll still watch it of course but it seems like the last couple of attempts to bring back Mewtwo were met with mixed results.
Cutiebunny

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:13 am Reply with quote
I'm ready to purchase my tickets, Phantom Events. Seriously. Slap Mewtwo in a Pokémon movie and I'm Don't-Care-If-The-World-Is-On-Fire-I'll-Be-There kind of there.

Though, I will be seriously disappointed if this movie goes the "Power of Us" route, sells the audience the whole return of a beloved Pokémon only for it to be followed with less than 2 poorly animated minutes total airtime in the movie. Such a disservice to Lugia and I know I'll leave the theater fuming if they do it to Mewtwo.
Feli1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:09 pm Reply with quote
just hope the story is at least decent cause as ambitious and good looking the last 2 might have been they were pretty meh when it came to the writing
Lord Oink

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:55 pm Reply with quote
Aca Vuksa wrote:
I wodner what OLM and Pokemon Film producers will produce a film set in SM universe instead of being set in seperate countiunty of the film?

The anime doesn't really lend itself to movies with Sun & Moon. It's not an adventure series like the previous generations. It's more slice-of-life comedy. Hopefully the next generation is a return to form and the movies become in-continuity again.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1