• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Chainsaw Man Anime Reveals English Dub Cast, Trailer

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ryuji-Dono

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 12:11 pm Reply with quote
So great to see more of Ryan Colt Levy in dubs, he's one of the sweetest persons in the dubbing scene alive, so let's hope he can gain more.

And I'm also glad they're going with a mixed cast this time. Could be something whenever Mike McFarland has to direct and maybe CR allowed him this time given how high profile this show is.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 12:12 pm Reply with quote
Oh neat. Wasn't expecting this until NYCC.
Gem-Bug

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 12:15 pm Reply with quote
12 ending songs?? Those poor Mappa animators. Confused
Somer-_-

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 12:19 pm Reply with quote
^12 ending songs doesn't necessarily mean 12 ending animations. It could be like High School of the Dead where the animation is exactly the same and the track just changes.
TheSleepyMonkey

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 12:23 pm Reply with quote
Somer-_- wrote:
^12 ending songs doesn't necessarily mean 12 ending animations. It could be like High School of the Dead where the animation is exactly the same and the track just changes.

Fujimoto himself made a tweet about the announcement, and what he said implied that each ED does indeed have their own unique visuals.
Farafra

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 12:48 pm Reply with quote
Ever since I read the manga I pictured Luci Christian as the voice of Power. I can't say I'm disappointed though. Sarah Weidenheft is going to be fantastic.
Silver Kirin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 12:59 pm Reply with quote
I hope Crunchyroll Latin America announces the Neutral Spanish cast as soon as possible, preferably I would like CR to record the show in a studio in Mexico City, a show like this need voice actors with a good resume. Just the other day some fans said José Ángel Torres and María José Moreno, who voiced David and Lucy in Cyberpunk Edgerunners, would be perfect as Denji and Power.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 1:26 pm Reply with quote
McFarland directing the dub? Sweet!

Really cool choices for the cast and so many great dubs under him, this is gonna be awesome.

Farafra wrote:
Ever since I read the manga I pictured Luci Christian as the voice of Power. I can't say I'm disappointed though. Sarah Weidenheft is going to be fantastic.

Yeah, certainly would have been a great choice too but super excited for Sarah's Power.
KitKat1721

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 1:41 pm Reply with quote
Thank god it's a mixed cast and pretty pleased, albeit not surprised, that Mike McFarland is spearheading the dub. It's in good hands.

And while I originally actually had a different actor in mind when thinking about who could potentially be cast as Denji, I'm SO HAPPY for Ryan and I think he'll do great! It's been amazing seeing him rocket up over the past year or so and I can't wait to hear more of him here. I'm sure it was some really tough competition for this show in particular so him being cast as the lead already speaks volumes Smile

As for the rest of the cast: Power sounds super fitting, that was probably the one voice aside from Denji I was the most curious/nervous to hear. For Makima, I literally haven't heard Suzie be subpar in practically anything so I have zero complaints there. And while I don't have too much to go off of with Reagan Murdock, I remember Caitlin Glass singing his praises back when she was directing Saint's Magic Power is Omnipotent, and he was more recently cast in one of her newer dubs with Takt.op.
phantom360

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 2:48 pm Reply with quote
You know it's gonna be good when Mike McFarland is the director
TheMorry

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 2:56 pm Reply with quote
Holy crap this is a first time i saw any trailer of Chainsaw man. I never saw the manga or something. This anime looks crazy in a good way xD.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 5:12 pm Reply with quote
I'm really glad they went with a mixed cast for this series, and hopefully that holds true for the rest of the cast.

It's so awesome to see how far Ryan has come as a VA to the point where he's now the lead of one of the most high profile anime of this coming season. He's frikkin' Chainsaw Man!

Suzie sounds amazing as Makima. Ditto Sarah as Power. Reagan sounds kind of older than I'd expect for Aki, but I could get used to it.
InuNaruPokeAlchemist

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:24 pm Reply with quote
This is Ryan Colt Levy's dream role from what he said on Twitter. Glad to see it! Smile
After Kira Buckland landed Jolyne in JJBA part 6. I'm always happy to see actors land that role they have been dreaming of for years. Smile
Maysign

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:34 am Reply with quote
And can I have a link to this news, because I somehow missed this point.
Hitokiri Kenshin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:55 pm Reply with quote
What do you mean by mixed cast?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1