• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Angel Sanctuary

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ian

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 9:40 pm Reply with quote
Does anyone have any idea if any Americn publisher is even THINKING about picking up Angel Sanctuary manga? The movie interested me but I KNOW there are plot holes and I would really like to read it english.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
cyrax777

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2003 11:33 am Reply with quote
i bet tokyopop wil probly get it something this year. but thats just a guess.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
FallenAngelFish

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 11:02 am Reply with quote
To be honest, I hope they don't, or not yet anyway. I can't think of any american company releasing manga that I would trust to do it right. I really love Angel Sanctuary, and nothing against the companies either, but I think they should wait before they try any of Kaori Yuki's works. They are incredibly dialogue intensive and it would be difficult to translate it well and to fit the words into the spaces allotted. It would be nice to have it in english, especially since they are so many people who saw the OAV and would like to know more, but it would be difficult for a company to both be accurate and to release it quick enough to please the fans. Especially since the hardcore fans who have already read most of it would probably complain about it (like deciding on the spelling of some of the names).

Also Tokyopop has announced so many titles this year...I hope they can keep up with them all. They must have a really full scheledule right now.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1