• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Delicious Party Precure Anime Delayed by at Least 3 More Weeks Due to Toei Animation Hack

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZelosZoidberg

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2022 11:18 pm Reply with quote
Hmm this is a LOT more serious then I originally thought. I admit I don't like Toei for their shenanigans against Team Four Star but this is going too far in my opinion.

Last edited by ZelosZoidberg on Sun Mar 13, 2022 12:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2022 9:45 am Reply with quote
Man, this sucks. Poor Precure can't catch a break.
DRosencraft

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2022 9:52 am Reply with quote
This makes me wonder if files weren't simply "accessed" but "deleted" or something more along those lines. A 1-week delay seemed logical as they would probably like to have some time to figure out the severity of the incident, and how anything was effected. If they abruptly then have to revise that up by several more weeks, it says there is at least probably some data corruption or loss as a consequence of the breach.
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2022 10:41 am Reply with quote
If the episodes are deleted then the hackers are probably not internet vigilantes or even state actors, but most likely disgruntled employees with a beef with the company for something either worse than Toei's attack on fair use or something insanely petty like with the Kyoani arsonist.
Rogueywon

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2022 2:09 pm Reply with quote
Hoppy800 wrote:
If the episodes are deleted then the hackers are probably not internet vigilantes or even state actors, but most likely disgruntled employees with a beef with the company for something either worse than Toei's attack on fair use or something insanely petty like with the Kyoani arsonist.

The word that jumped to mind for me was "ransomware". Could just be plain old extortion and Toei doesn't want to pay.
BigOnAnime
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2022 2:58 pm Reply with quote
So, we're going to see another Precure series get shortened due to unforeseen circumstances? Sigh. Healin' Good Precure which I absolutely loved got shortened due to COVID. Also it's going to now be quite the wait for the next Cure to get introduced.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Cutiebunny

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2022 11:30 pm Reply with quote
Clearly they need the time to create 'a very special' PreCure episode where Cure Spicy becomes trapped in a broken fridge while playing in the nearby junkyard Laughing
jhuhn

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2022 3:39 pm Reply with quote
It has been confirmed that the series with episode 6, will resume on April 17.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1