News Sword Art Online: Ordinal Scale English Dub Screenings Begin April 22 in U.S.
posted on 2017-03-14 22:15 EDT by Karen Ressler
Aniplex of America opened ticket sales for English-dubbed screenings of the Sword Art Online: Ordinal Scale anime film on Tuesday. The dub will screen in U.S. theaters on April 22. Some theaters are listed with screenings on April 23. Azoland Pictures is distributing the film.
The dub will premiere at the Anime Boston convention, which will be held from March 31-April 2.
The dub cast is as follows:
- Bryce Papenbrook as Kirito / Kazuto Kirigaya
- Cherami Leigh as Asuna / Asuna Yuuki
- Stephanie Sheh as Yui
- Cassandra Lee Morris as Leafa / Suguha Kirigaya
- Christine Marie Cabanos as Silica / Keiko Ayano
- Sarah Anne Williams as Lisbeth / Rika Shinozaki
- Michelle Ruff as Sinon / Shino Asada
- Kirk Thornton as Klein
- Patrick Seitz as Agil
- Matthew Mercer as Seijirou Kikuoka
- Marc Diraison as Akihiko Kayaba
- Ryan Bartley as Yuna / Yuuna Shigemura
- Chris Patton as Eiji / Eiji Nochizawa
- Taylor Henry as Tetsuhiro Shigemura
Aniplex of America hosted a premiere event with English subtitled in Hollywood, California on March 1, and followed it with a one-night wide release on March 9 in the United States. The film will screen in Canada on March 17-19.
The film opened in Japan on February 18, and sold about 308,376 tickets for 425,762,760 yen (about US$3.76 milion) in its opening weekend. The film was the first anime film to rank #1 in both weekend attendance and weekend box office receipt totals since Makoto Shinkai's your name. The film also set the opening-weekend record among films distributed by Aniplex. It has since sold more than a million tickets in Japan.
this article has been modified since it was originally posted; see change history