• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: NIS America Adds Kimi ni Todoke 2nd Season

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ADiSiNS

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:09 pm Reply with quote
Hmm...looks like I'll wait for the Blu-ray version of the first season to come out first. Pretty awesome that they're releasing the second season though!

I wonder how early adopters of the first volume, those of which wanted a blu-ray release, will take the announcement.
azabaro
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:22 pm Reply with quote
According to the press release, they (we) are basically getting what we wanted - the DVD release is now a hybrid DVD/BD release, with the only cost being the release date getting pushed back 3 months.
ADiSiNS

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:32 pm Reply with quote
ADiSiNS wrote:
I wonder how early adopters of the first volume, those of which wanted a blu-ray release, will take the announcement.

azabaro wrote:
According to the press release, they (we) are basically getting what we wanted - the DVD release is now a hybrid DVD/BD release, with the only cost being the release date getting pushed back 3 months.

Y'know...for some odd reason, I was under the impression that this was released already. I must've mixed it up with another series released... Boy, my head is somewhere else. -.- Even better though!
The Mad Manga Massacre

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:29 pm Reply with quote
I'm super excited about this! Anime hyper I hope this show does well for NIS, they put out some interesting stuff.
rizuchan
Collector Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:41 pm Reply with quote
Very happy about the Blu-ray. NIS America, I love you more and more with everything you release. I hope you make lots and lots of money so you can pay to have a good studio dub your stuff too. Then I'll really love you forever. Wink

(Oh yeah, but artboxes that actually fit on my shelves might be nice too.)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Takeyo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:32 pm Reply with quote
As much as I'd also like more reasonably sized artboxes, what I really hope is that NISA has worked the kinks out of its BD subtitles. Whether they end up being locked or not, the subs could stand to be about twice the size as what we got on Katanagatari and Arakawa Under the Bridge (maybe with larger margins, to boot). I really dig that NISA seems so ready to release BD versions of titles that don't receive English dubs, but if trying to watch them results in eye strain, it'll be hard to get excited about new licenses.
KENZICHI

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:43 pm Reply with quote
I totally want that artbook!
I still wish it was getting a dub though :I
lilly_938

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:25 am Reply with quote
Yay! This show is gorgeous; it deserves the BD release. Though a dub would be nice. I'm still waiting for Toradora to be dubbed too.
DirtnSky

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:33 am Reply with quote
The first series was good in what it wanted the audience to experience.. the far Far shorter second season was akin to a extended extra forgotten to be included in the former...
+
Blows my mind that the first one did well enough to warrent the need to release the rest! But seeing that this series isn't too deep in Japanese culture to scare away foreigners, I guess this won't be a FUBAR on this company as compared to geneon in it insane JAPANESE centric shows.
st_owly

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:30 am Reply with quote
Well, I now won't be buying this. I have absolutely no use for Blu-rays and see no point in spending extra money for a "value pack" of something I can't use half of. Unless someone who doesn't want the dvds splits the cost with me.
hikaru004

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:32 am Reply with quote
*does happy dance*

Thank you NIS America! This gorgeous and sweet title deserves the BD release here that you're giving it. First box got pre-ordered when it was announced and now I got a extra gift of no price increase to it now being BD/DVD combo. Smile

This is a NIS America release with the gorgeous artbook. I don't care about size when it's a NIS title.

Looking forward to the excellent adaptation of season 2.

*continues happy dance*

Now I can watch my favorite scenes in HD. Can you tell I really love this show? Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1