• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: DARLING in the FRANXX's Zero Two Gets Nendoroid Figure

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cyberdraco

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:16 pm Reply with quote
Can we also have a Nendoroid Hiro too, I mean if we're getting Zero Two, we gotta have her darling.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:22 pm Reply with quote
Not gonna happen, Hiro has a notoriously bland character and outfit design, so non-fans of the series wouldn't have any reason to buy him, and he himself is quite bland as a character, I can't really imagine many people saying Hiro is their favorite character of the show.
Volxmas

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:24 pm Reply with quote
look nice too bad the series itself isn't good.
cyberdraco

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:45 pm Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:
Not gonna happen, Hiro has a notoriously bland character and outfit design, so non-fans of the series wouldn't have any reason to buy him, and he himself is quite bland as a character, I can't really imagine many people saying Hiro is their favorite character of the show.

I liked him.
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:00 pm Reply with quote
cyberdraco wrote:
Can we also have a Nendoroid Hiro too, I mean if we're getting Zero Two, we gotta have her darling.

I'd rather have Ichigo
hack5

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:01 pm Reply with quote
cyberdraco wrote:
CrowLia wrote:

I liked him.

Me too I had no problem with him.I don't know why people gets so upset over the so called normal/bland guy from my point of view Hiro has it way more better than real normal guys do he is a special being that gets to pilot an awesome mech with is smoking hot girlfriend lol.
Lynx Raven Raide

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:03 pm Reply with quote
Already pre-ordered through my local shop Wink Hope they do an Ichigo at some point too
cyberdraco

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:04 pm Reply with quote
Punch Drunk Marc wrote:
cyberdraco wrote:

I'd rather have Ichigo

your in luck, Good Smile just announced her too.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:25 pm Reply with quote
hack5 wrote:

Me too I had no problem with him.I don't know why people gets so upset over the so called normal/bland guy from my point of view Hiro has it way more better than real normal guys do he is a special being that gets to pilot an awesome mech with is smoking hot girlfriend lol.

I'm just saying GSC knows their market. There's a reason the Main dude from Konosuba or the main dude from Re:Zero or the main dude from Haruhi Suzumiya or the main dude from Fate Apocrypha haven't gotten any figures whilst multiple female characters of the same shows have. The waifu characters are the ones that will sell the most among the show's hardcore fans, whereas the self-insert male leads rarely make an impact. Even MC that aren't bland by any definition will easily get sidelined in favor of popular female characters -see how long it took them to make a Kamina nendoroid-

As for why people don't like bland main characters, that's really simple. They're boring and uninteresting, there's nothing to make the audience root for them. It also challenges disbelief that the whole series will revolve aroud how "special" they supposedly are, when what the audience is shown is that there is actually nothing particularly special or unique about them
grooven

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:22 pm Reply with quote
The figure market is still girl figures first. While they are making more male figures, I wouldn't expect a Hiro, but you never know. Ichigo was announced months back.
Chrono1000

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:48 pm Reply with quote
Zero Two seems to be popular and there are currently three figures of her. It is good to see that the Nendoroid figure includes the coat and cap accessories.

grooven wrote:
The figure market is still girl figures first. While they are making more male figures, I wouldn't expect a Hiro, but you never know. Ichigo was announced months back.
For the most part the anime figure market is based on target demographic. The shows that are aimed at men will get female figures while the shows aimed at women will get male figures. There are exceptions to that for the popular shows and I think there is a small chance that we could see a Nendoroid figure of Hiro.
SpaceDuckMan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:57 pm Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:
hack5 wrote:

I'm just saying GSC knows their market. There's a reason the Main dude from Konosuba or the main dude from Re:Zero or the main dude from Haruhi Suzumiya or the main dude from Fate Apocrypha haven't gotten any figures whilst multiple female characters of the same shows have. The waifu characters are the ones that will sell the most among the show's hardcore fans, whereas the self-insert male leads rarely make an impact. Even MC that aren't bland by any definition will easily get sidelined in favor of popular female characters -see how long it took them to make a Kamina nendoroid-

As for why people don't like bland main characters, that's really simple. They're boring and uninteresting, there's nothing to make the audience root for them. It also challenges disbelief that the whole series will revolve aroud how "special" they supposedly are, when what the audience is shown is that there is actually nothing particularly special or unique about them

Actually, Kazuma and Kyon DO have their own Nendoroid figures, While yes the females tend to have more, a guy getting a figure isn't exactly out of the realm of possibility, Figures of the males COULD be made if their decently popular enough to make a profit or are at least likable enough, though, sometimes that isn't enough it seems, since there's a couple of Fire Emblem characters for instance I think would be popular enough to make some money off of figures/statues, but none have popped up.

On a similar note, Link has a plethora of figures and such, while Zelda, Midna, and so many other females don't have anywhere near the amount he does, and LoZ is a series enjoyed by both genders, so I dunno.

I wouldn't turn down a Hiro Figma or Nendoroid to go with the Zero Two Nendoroid AND Figma I plan on getting though, it'd be nice to display them together, Personally though I'd more want a figure of Klaxo-Hime/001, but I doubt she'll be getting one anytime soon considering what little they did with her in the Anime.....
hack5

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:12 am Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:
hack5 wrote:

Sorry I should of said some people and for the record I don't find Hiro boring or uninteresting and I am sure it has other people who thinks the same,well I could see where you are coming from just as you hate main characters like Hero I hate childhood friend with a passion,gosh they are the worst trope in anime even worst than moe.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1