• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
A Sister's All You Need Author Teases Surprise Project With Final Novel Volume

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
njprogfan
Collector Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:00 am Reply with quote
A second anime season would be nice....
topgun97

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:09 am Reply with quote
njprogfan wrote:

Well, depending on the sales of the first season, that will determine if this gets a second season. And the first IIRC came out in 2017 or early 2018 so it's been some time. Also, the original LN is going to end soon and since anime is usually made to promote the source material I wouldn't hold your breath for a second season.
LiteMangime

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:25 am Reply with quote
topgun97 wrote:
njprogfan wrote:

Well, depending on the sales of the first season, that will determine if this gets a second season. And the first IIRC came out in 2017 or early 2018 so it's been some time. Also, the original LN is going to end soon and since anime is usually made to promote the source material I wouldn't hold your breath for a second season.

Before someone says "but SNAFU..." Imma reiterate what my mans up there just said. An anime is mostly a means to an end, that being pushing more sales for its original source. Because SNAFU was so successful they could afford to animate the whole series to the end, mean time this series is on its last leg, why promote something that's about to end? Obviously we want more anime, and in rare cases certain miracles do happen, but it doesn't seem realistic if you ask me Anime cry
BasketBalljones

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:06 am Reply with quote
Usually (not always), when it's going to be more anime from a series, these articles tend to use terms like 'special announcement', at least that seems to be the trend nowadays. Using 'Surprise project' makes me think of something in a different direction, like a live action stage play, a new drama CD, or maybe a spinoff series of one of the other characters.

Mind you, I'm not sure if the person who wrote this is using an exact translation of the source news, or if they just decided to change up the phrasing. And then there's what others have already pointed out with the series ending and anime normally being used as a vehicle to push sales of the source material, so all that considered, doesn't feel like things would be pointing at more anime, though I'd love it if we did get more Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1