News Funimation's Free! Eternal Summer TV BDs/DVDs to Include Unaired Episode
posted on 2015-10-05 20:40 EDT
Funimation Entertainment announced on Monday that it will now include the unaired Free! Eternal Summer episode in its home video release of the television series. It also announced a new release date of February 16 for Blu-ray Disc/DVD sets.
Funimation originally announced that it would offer the unaired episode in a separate release next year.
Funimation previously delayed the series' home video release, which was originally slated for September 29.
Funimation will offer a regular edition DVD/Blu-ray combo pack, a limited edition with chipboard box, and a premium edition with a full-color art book, seven art cards, a sports towel, an Iwatobi decal and a Samezuka decal, and a collector's box. All versions of the release will include the unaired episode. Those who order the Premium Edition release will also be entered into a raffle to win a 1/8-scale figure of Haruka Nanase.
The dub cast features:
- Greg Ayres as Nagisa Hazuki
- Ian Sinclair as Sosuke Yamazaki
- J. Michael Tatum as Rei Ryugazaki
- Johnny Yong Bosch as Makoto Tachibana
- Todd Haberkorn as Haruka Nanase
- Vic Mignogna as Rin Matsuoka
- Caitlin Glass as Miho Amakata
- Christopher R. Sabat as Goro Sasabe
- Jamie Marchi as Gou Matsuoka
- Jerry Jewell as Momotaro Mikoshiba
- Josh Grelle as Aiichiro Nitori
- Robert McCollum as Seijiro Mikoshiba
- Clifford Chapin as Takuya Uozumi
- Micah Solusod as Kazuteru Minami
Jerry Jewell served as ADR director, J. Michael Tatum adapted the original scripts, and Alyssa Galindo and Kenneth Thompson served as ADR engineers for the dub.
The second season premiered last July, and both Funimation and Crunchyroll streamed the series with English subtitles as it aired in Japan. Discotek released the first season on DVD with English subtitles in May.
High Speed! -Free! Starting Days-, the film inspired by the High Speed! novel that also inspired the original Free! television anime, will open in Japan on December 5.
this article has been modified since it was originally posted; see change history