Super Robot War X Game Announced, English-Subtitled Release Planned for Asia
posted on by Karen Ressler
Bandai Namco Entertainment announced on Monday that it will release a new game in the Super Robot Wars franchise titled Super Robot Taisen X (Super Robot Wars X). The game is slated for release on PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita in Japan on March 29, 2018. The game will also ship in Southeast Asia (Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, the Philippines and Indonesia) with English subtitles on April 26.
The game will feature characters and mecha from the following series for the first time:
- Gundam Reconguista in G
- Buddy Complex
- Buddy Complex: Into the Skies of Tomorrow
- Nadia - The Secret of Blue Water
- Mashin Eiyuden Wataru
The game will feature the following returning series:
- Mazinger Edition Z: The Impact!
- Shin Mazinger Zero vs. Ankoku Daishōgun
- Aura Battler Dunbine
- New Story of Aura Battler Dunbine
- Cross Ange
- Mobile Suit Gundam: Char's Counterattack
- Mobile Suit Gundam: Char's Counterattack Beltorchika's Children
- Muteki Kōjin Daitarn 3
- Mobile Suit Gundam F91
- Code Geass Lelouch of the Rebellion R2
- Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ
- Mobile Suit Z Gundam
- Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
- Gurren Lagann the Movie – The Lights in the Sky Are Stars
- The Brave Express Might Gaine
- Mobile Suit Crossbone Gundam: Steel Seven
- Gundam Wing Endless Waltz
Those who buy first-print copies of the game will receive download codes for Cybuster and Masaki from Super Robot Wars OG Saga Masōkishin The Lord of Elemental, a special "episode 0" scenario, a "special starter pack" scenario, and an original Super Robot Wars X theme.
Japan will also get a "premium anime song and sound edition."
The most recent game in the franchise, Super Robot Wars V, shipped in Japan in February. Bandai Namco Entertainment also released the Super Robot Wars X-Ω smartphone game in October 2015 and continues to add new characters and mecha.
Update: R2 added. Thanks, KH91
this article has been modified since it was originally posted; see change history