Saint Seiya CG Film's New Screenshots, Poster Unveiled
posted on by Egan Loo
The Akiba Souken website posted new screenshots from this June's CG film Saint Seiya: Legend of Sanctuary:
Akiba Souken posted still more screenshots on its site. In addition, the site posted more information about the special talk events that fans can attend if they buy certain advance tickets for the film. The cast members will appear at a talk event on May 31 in Tokyo, followed by similar events in Nagoya and Osaka on June 1.
The film will adapt the popular Sanctuary arc from Masami Kurumada's original Saint Seiya mythological fantasy manga of "Bronze Saints vs. Gold Saints." The film's website and the trailer have the following quote from Kurumada: "The Seiya legend began here." Yoshiki, the 48-year-old leader of the rock band X Japan, is contributing the theme song "Hero (Yoshiki Classical Version)":
- Kaito Ishikawa (Nobunaga the Fool, Golden Time, Tokyo Ravens) as Pegasus Seiya
- Momoiro Clover Z member Ayaka Sasaki as Athena and Saori Kido
- Kenji Akabane (Meganebu!, Star Driver) as Dragon Shiryū
- Kensho Ono (Kuroko's Basketball) as Cygnus Hyōg
- Nobuhiko Okamoto (Tiger & Bunny, Yozakura Quartet, Blue Exorcist) as Andromeda Shun
- Kenji Nojima (Psycho-Pass, High School DxD) as Phoenix Ikki
- Mitsuru Miyamoto (Tiger & Bunny, Fruits Basket) as Aries Mu
- Rikiya Koyama (Ninja Scroll, Witchblade, High School DxD) as Taurus Aldebaran
- Hiroaki Hirata (Tiger & Bunny, Space Brothers) as Cancer Deathmask
- Go Inoue (Kuroko's Basketball, Tiger & Bunny) as Leo Aiolia
- Mitsuaki Madono (Bleach, Gintama, Inuyasha) as Virgo Shaka
- Shinji Kawada (Nodame Cantabile, Attack on Titan) as Capricorn Shura
- Daisuke Namikawa (Persona 4 - The Animation) as Aquarius Camus
- Takuya Kirimoto (Summer Wars, Darker than Black) as Pisces Aphrodite
- Masumi Asano (D.N.Angel, Hyōka) as Scorpio Milo
- Toshiyuki Morikawa (LINE Town, Gundam Wing, Hyōka) as Sagittarius Aiolos
- Kouichi Yamadera (Neon Genesis Evangelion, Sword Art Online, Gintama) as Gemini Saga
Toei Animation confirmed in February 2011 that production on a new computer-animated film of Saint Seiya had been green-lit. Keiichi Satou (Tiger & Bunny, Ashura), is helming the project, and Kurumada is credited as the original creator and chief production supervisor. (He also coined the film's title.) Tomohiro Suzuki, a scriptwriter for six episodes of Tiger & Bunny, is writing the screenplay.
The manga ran in Shueisha's Weekly Shonen Jump magazine from 1985 to 1990, and it has 34.4 million copies in print worldwide. The manga quickly inspired a 1986 television anime series that was popular not only in Japan, but also in France, Italy, other parts of Europe, Brazil, other parts of South and Central America, and Asia. The anime aired in more than 80 countries. It has been a decade since the last Saint Seiya film, 2004's Saint Seiya Tenkai-hen Jōsō ~Overture~.
Update: Comic Natalie also unveiled a new poster. The "golden poster" will be put up in 40 of JR's main railway stations throughout Japan during this spring's string of Golden Week holidays.
this article has been modified since it was originally posted; see change history