FunimationCon 2020 Industry Panel Reveals New and Returning Series, Theatrical Release, Products and More
Funimation Streaming Service Expands to Mexico and Brazil Fall 2020
Culver City, CA (July 3, 2020) Funimation's industry panel at FunimationCon 2020 was packed full of exciting new and returning series, an upcoming theatrical release, expansion of Funimation to Latin America and more. On its streaming service, Funimation announced that all 220 episodes of the original Naruto series subbed and dubbed will launch in North America on July 6, and the next batch of One Piece dubbed episodes are coming in August to digital storefronts. Funimation also announced returning and continuing series including Fruits Basket Season 2, Fire Force Season 2, No Guns Life Season 2 and new series including DECA-DENCE, By the Grace of the Gods, Higurashi: When They Cry - New and Akudama Drive are coming to the service. Funimation continues to delight fans with exclusive products in THE FUNIMATION SHOP, including Dragon Ball Z Funko Pop Ultra Size Shenron, and Exclusive Dragon Ball Super Funko Pop Kale and Caulifla two-pack. And starting today, the Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Part One Standard Edition Blu-ray is available for pre-order.
Aniplex of America is partnering with Funimation Films to distribute the new highly anticipated Demon Slayer – Kimetsu no Yaiba – The Movie: Mugen Train in theaters! We are so thrilled to partner with them on this theatrical release! Stay tuned for information soon!
Funimation, which is currently available in the U.S., Canada, U.K., Ireland, Australia, and New Zealand, will expand to Mexico and Brazil in Fall 2020. Funimation also announced it would offer select subtitled and dubbed anime series in Spanish and Portuguese. Stay tuned for more information.
Returning and Continuing Series this Summer (North America)
● Fruits Basket Season 2
● Fire Force Season 2 premieres July 3
● Black Clover
● One Piece - Simulcast continues
● Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld Part 2 premieres July 11
● No Guns Life Season 2 resumes July 9 with Episode 13
● The Millionaire Detective - Balance: UNLIMITED resumes Simulcast on July 30 with Episode 3
● APPARE-RANMAN! resumes Simulcast on July 24 with Episode 4
● A Certain Scientific Railgun T - SimulDub™ resuming
● Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater returns July 28 with Episode 4
● Bungo and Alchemist -Gears of Judgement- returns July 3 with Episode 8
New to Funimation's Streaming Service in July 2020 (North America)
● SUPER HXEROS premieres July 3
● DECA-DENCE - July 2020
● Uzaki-chan Wants to Hang Out! premieres July 10
● Lapis Re:LiGHTs premieres July 4
● Muhyo & Roji's Bureau of Supernatural Investigation Season 2 (Subtitled) premieres July 7. All of Season 1 (subbed) will be released on same day as Season 2 premieres
Coming to Funimation 2020 and 2021 (North America)
● By the Grace of the Gods – Fall 2020
● Akudama Drive - October 2020
● Adachi and Shimamura – Fall 2020
● Higurashi: When They Cry - New – Fall 2020
● Maesetsu! Opening Act – Fall 2020
● Our Last Crusade or the Rise of a New World – Fall 2020
● Ikebukuro West Gate Park – Fall 2020
● Dropout Idol Fruit Tart – Fall 2020
● MARS RED – 2021
New Products and Home Video Releases in the FUNIMATION SHOP
Funimation revealed exciting products available in the Funimation Shop. Highlights include exclusive Dragon Ball Z Funko Pop, Dragon Ball Super Funko Pop, Fruits Basket Kyo and Yuki Figures, and the Chrome Pop Collection. Pre-order is open for Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Part One Standard Edition Blu-Ray.
● Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Part One Standard Edition Blu-ray (Pre-order)
● The Rising of The Shield Hero - Season One Part One – BD / DVD Limited Edition
● The Rising of The Shield Hero Season One Part Two – BD / DVD + Artbook
● The Quintessential Quintuplets - Season One – BD / DVD Limited Edition
Products Available for Pre-Order
● Dragon Ball Z Funko Pop - Ultra Size Shenron - Pre-Order (metallic/glow in the dark)
● Exclusive Dragon Ball Super Funko Pop – Kale/Caulifla 2pk
● Exclusive Fruits Basket – Kyo Figure
● Exclusive Fruits Basket – Yuki Figure
Special Product Offers
● Berserk Guts: Black Swordsman (exclusive bloody variant)
● July 3rd - Chrome Pop Collection / XL All Might Glitter FiGPiN
● July 4th - XL Gogeta/Broly FiGPiN 2-pack
Funimation distributes the best anime to a passionate, global community of fans. For over 25 years, Funimation has pioneered an omni-channel approach to engaging and entertaining millions where they want it most—streaming, home entertainment, theatrical, e-commerce, merchandising, live events, and more.
Funimation's streaming services offer a growing catalog of over 700 anime series and 13,000+ hours of content available on 15 platforms and in 47 countries. Funimation's in-house team designs must-have, exclusive collectibles distributed through major retailers and an e-commerce site; Funimation's theatrical division is responsible for six of the top 20 anime films in the U.S. As pioneers of the SimulDub™, Funimation is the gold standard for foreign language dubbing of Japanese anime with the highest quality standards and fidelity to the original artists. With a fan-centric approach, Funimation has built a loyal social community of over 30 million followers and earned the trust of Japan's most iconic creators.
Funimation has nine offices in six countries, and over 400 employees worldwide. As an independently operated joint venture between U.S.-based Sony Pictures Entertainment and Japan's Aniplex, a subsidiary of Sony Music Entertainment (Japan) Inc., Funimation benefits from deep entertainment expertise across cultures, territories, and languages.
To learn more about Funimation, visit funimation.com and follow Funimation on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.