Press Releases - May 2006
- Otaku Express Anime Convention Tour Group ()
- Wrath of the Ninja Collector's Series in August ()
- Votoms Collection In August ()
- Broken Saints on DVD from 20th Century Fox ()
- Special Guests at NYAFF ()
- Pillows in San Francisco ()
- NY Comic-Con Announces Expanded Venue for 2007 ()
- Scrye names Fullmetal Alchemist TCG top new CCG of 2005 ()
- ADV Announces New Merchandise Store ()
- ADV Films to Make Anime Movies Available for Download via ZVUE.com ()
- Anime Evolution Announces Dates and First Guests ()
- AnimeNEXT Announces Third Japanese Guest ()
- Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles accepted into two film festivals ()
- Funimation Awarded Rights to Full Metal Panic: The Secon Raid ()
- Hot summer scoops in the June Newtype USA ()
- Dragon Ball Z Manga Concludes This Summer ()
- Asian Beauty #9 from Adult Source Media ()
- ADV Announces July 25 Releases ()
- CNAnime 2006 Fan Expo Canada ()
- Manga Entertainment Announces Tactics Vol 1. ()
- Funimation to Distribute Tokyopop Titles ()
- Viz Media New Manga Titles at BookExpo ()
- CPM Signs with Consortium ()
- TotalVid on Verizon Broadband ()
- Protoculture Addicts #88 ()
- Anime Broadcasting Network Joins Partnership with Juice Wireless ()
- Negadon in Albuquerque, NM ()
- ADV Announces July 18 Releases ()
- Anime Expo 2006 Hotels Sold Out ()
- ADV Announces July 11 Releases ()
- Tokyopop Becomes Media Partner to Play! A Video Game Symphony ()
- Shadow Star Narutaru Collection on July 25 ()
- ALC announces 100% Yuri manga "WORKS" ()
- First Anniversary Issue of Shojo Beat ()
- Adult Source Media New Releases ()
- ADV Launches This Ugly Yet Beautiful World July 4 ()
- Brave Story Production Teams to Provide Aid to UNICEF ()
- Yutaka Izabuchi Guest of Honor at Anime Expo ()
- CLUB UDON offers GI Joe vs. Transformers Exclusives ()
- Viz Media Partners with U.S. Soccer Federation ()
- Yu-Gi-Oh! Capsule Monsters Live at Yugioh.com ()
- Animevillage.com Announces E-Commerce ()
- 4Kids Entertainment Reports First Quarter Results ()
- Historic manga exhibit comes to NYC ()
- D'espairsRay to perform at AnimeNEXT 2006 ()
- Digital Manga Announces New Licenses ()
- Anime Pulse Podcast Records MIT's "Cool Japan" Symposium ()
- Right Stuf Announces Ninja Nonsense and the Piano Collection ()
- ADV Ads RSS Feeds for News and Reviews ()
- Metrocon Guest Announcement: Third Wave ()
- Trinity Blood Exclusive Premiere Event this Weekend in Chicago ()
- AnimeNEXT Announces Japanese Guests of Honor for 2006 ()
- Tokyopop Enters Young Adult Fiction Market with Pop Fiction ()
- Mick Takeuchi To Attend Anime Expo 2006 as Guest of Honor ()
- Hikaru no Go premiere May 2 on ImaginAsian TV ()
- Ice Kunion Launches New Website ()
- Classic Anime from Osamu Tezuka ()
"Anime fandom is so much worse now than it was when I was just getting started!" is a common sentiment, but is there really any truth to it? Justin considers the angles. ― Marshmallow Cello asked: With how everything being divisive and politicized nowadays, how badly has the anime fandom been affected by this? I notice that certain groups among the fandom often clash with others over such hot topics...
Gabriella delves into this dark fantasy film from the creators of the classic Night on the Galactic Railroad, while Paul breaks down all this week's new anime releases. ― I've been watching Dagashi Kashi 2 this season, and it's been an interesting experience. I don't think I've ever seen such a character-focused comedy sideline its most recognizable protagonist for so many episodes in a row before. ...
Love Live Sunshine maintains the goofy appeal of its predecessor while simultaneously struggling to escape its shadow. Nick Creamer finds out how this next generation of idols stacks up to the original hit-makers. ― How do you follow up a megahit? After the first season of Love Live turned into a sales juggernaut, Sunrise initially followed it with a second season that was essentially “Love Live, but...
Theatrical anime poster art isn't just unbelievably cool, it's also a part of history. Mike takes us on a tour of his personal collection that doubles as a fascinating exploration of the form. ― Think of that moment when you realized that you weren't some dumb kid anymore; that revelation that you could no longer be truly carefree, but instead had to at least pretend to be a grown-up. I don't think i...
This uneven but often charming journey into first love and hot-blooded justice has finally arrived on blu-ray! Nick Creamer has the details on Imaishi's bite-sized creation. ― Hiroyuki Imaishi's name is almost synonymous with the Studio Trigger brand. After providing dynamic key animation and highlights like FLCL's manga sequences early in his career, he became the flagship director for Gainax's last...
150+ photos of Osaka's biggest anime event ― Spring is in the air in Osaka. The plum blossoms are at their peak in Osaka Castle Park, and the cherry blossoms should start blooming next week. And it's time again for Osaka's biggest anime event: the Nippombashi Street Festa. This year was the 14th festival, held in Den Den Town, Osaka's equivalent of the otaku paradise of Akihabara. For those unfamilia...
Many anime couples don't get even get the chance to confess their feelings, much less tie the knot, but at least these lovebirds managed to take the first step together. These are just seven of the best popped questions. ― Hey guys! I missed you over the last two weeks. I was laid up recovering from a minor medical procedure, but it let me both catch up on this season, last season, and marathon 50-s...
As the first novel in this spinoff series to go beyond the anime adaptation, this is recommended reading for transitioning between the two versions. Theron Martin explores this new content. ― With volume 5, the Sword Oratoria novel series mostly passes beyond the end of its anime adaptation, picking up as Loki Familia is returning to the surface from the climactic events of the anime's final episode;...
Andrew Partridge , founder of Europe's Anime Limited and the Scotland Loves Anime film festival drops by to share his history and insight into the world of European anime distribution. ― ANNCast Episode 324 - Scotland Loves Anime Andrew Partridge, founder of Europe's Anime Limited and the Scotland Loves Anime film festival drops by to share his history and insight into the world of European anime di...
Violet Evergarden and The Ancient Magus' Bride make their bids for the top of the heap as the race grows closer in the final weeks of the Winter season. Find out where your favorites rank! ― Our team of reviewers are following 28 anime series of the Winter 2018 season and readers are rating each episode as the reviews go up. So let's have a look at what ANN readers consider the best (and worst) of t...
How long does it actually take for a production team to create a single episode of anime, end-to-end? ― Mark asked: I have a pretty simple question. About how long prior to a show airing does animation production start? So not pre-production meetings or voice acting or anything like that, but the artists sitting down and drawing the whole dang thing. How much of a lead time do these artists need to ...
The magical world of this hit fantasy anime takes inspiration from a rich history of fairytales and folklore. Rebecca Silverman explores the stories behind the many wonders of Elias and Chise's adventures. ― Kore Yamazaki is a dream of a mangaka. That's not just because she writes moving and fascinating stories that combine a slow, deliberate pace with likable and nuanced characters, but also because...
This sequel to the first action game in the franchise from KOEI-TECMO and Omega Force makes significant improvements on its predecessor, but is it worth a purchase? Heidi Kemps has the answers. ― Omega Force's record with anime and manga adaptations is a bit spotty. We've had disappointments like Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage and Berserk and the Band of the Hawk, but we've also had some real win...