Press Releases - November 2005
- Ohayocon 2006 Final Guests ()
- Infinity Studios Licenses Sirius Wars ()
- Outlanders DVD Debut in February ()
- New Manga UMDS December 6th ()
- Right Stuf Releases "Must Have" Anime for the Holidays ()
- 852-Page Guide to Drawing Anime Published by Blogging Community ()
- Right Stuf Announces - Boys Be 1 ()
- DramaQueen Announces Two New Titles ()
- Gonzo's Solty Rei Supports Akihabara Tour ()
- Critical Mass Video Announces Rxxx! ()
- DramaQueen at Ohayocon 2006 ()
- EigoManga Launches a Two-City Comic Book Concert Event ()
- Viz and Tokyopop Partner in Germany ()
- CPM Drops Price on Yu Yu Hakusho Movie to $9.99 ()
- New "Talismen" Series Weds Manga with American Comics ()
- Llamacon 2006 Announces New Guests ()
- MTAC Welcomes Caitlin Glass to 2006 Guest Lineup ()
- American Writer Goes Japanese with "Ita: Code of the Dragon" ()
- ALC Publishing cuts prices on 100% yuri manga for the Holidays ()
- CPM Announces Graphic Novel Slate for Early 2006 ()
- Matsuricon Offers Special Holiday Registrations ()
- Ten Films to Compete for Animated Feature Oscar ()
- Barbour Publishing Announces America's Premiere Insipirational Manga ()
- Anime Expo To Hold Blood Drives to Assist Red Cross ()
- ImaginAsian TV and Time Warner ()
- CPM Announced Record of Lodoss War Podcast and Repricing ()
- Right Stuf International Launches Anime Today Podcast ()
- Viz Names Mattel Master Toy Licensee for Naruto ()
- Critical Mass Prepares a Sultry Addition to the Acclaimed Vanilla Series ()
- Comic Book Movies and Ishimori Group to Jointly Develop Movies Based on Shotaro Ishinomori Manga ()
- Tickets Required for M.O.V.E Concert at Anime USA ()
- Seven Seas to Publish Three Hit Webcomics ()
- CPM Announces New Director of Book Sales ()
- Anime Boston 2006 Announces First Round of Guests ()
- Viz Anime for the Holidays ()
- Anime Vegas Video Blog ()
- Shinden Trailer at Big Apple National Expo ()
- MTAC “The Harajuku Winners” Giveaway ()
- ADV Announces Jan 3 Releases ()
- Rinkya Bid with Confidense ()
- Infinity Studios New Website Features ()
- All Rise for Juror 13 ()
- 4Kids Entertainment Posts 3rd Quarter Results ()
- Viz Holiday Season Offerings ()
- It's Fuccon Time ()
- Sakura-Con Announces First American Guest ()
- Anime South 2005 Schedule and Hotel Room Block ()
- Matsuricon Brings Unique Blend of Japanese Culture to Central Ohio ()
- IMAF 2005 Cmopetition Winners ()
- Turner Classic Movies Spotlight Miyazaki ()
- DMP Announces Four New Yaoi Manga ()
- Kimba the White Lion Set for Definitive Release ()
- Be Beautiful Announces 4 New Yaoi Manga ()
- Protoculture Addicts Issue 86 Shipping This Week ()
- 4Kids Home Video Debuts Yu-Gi-Oh! Volume 4.1 on DVD ()
- Viz Names Mattel as Master Toy Licensee for Zatch Bell ()
- Peelander-Z Mini-Tour Sponsored by AnimeNext ()
Beyond the mountain of generic paint-by-numbers pabulum in anime, there's a whole world of eye-popping one-of-a-kind creations to discover. These are just seven of the most memorably gorgeous experiences the medium has to offer. ― In 2012, I'd written only two (2!) weekly installments of this column before tackling this topic. I wasn't exactly prepared for the response it got, but looking back on it...
This run-and-gun RPG for the PS4 allows SAO fans to interact with all their favorite characters in a brand-new story. But is it fun to play? Branden Johnson finds out. ― Unpopular opinion time: my least favorite arc in Sword Art Online was Gun Gale Online. Not that it was bad, just that it felt lacking compared to the two storylines that preceded it. So my expectations going into Sword Art Online: Fa...
We're live with photos from the AnimeJapan 2018 show floor at Big Sight in Tokyo! ―
It's a mountain of news and exciting new games from GDC, including the localization of Steins;Gate Elite, Yakuza Kiwami 2, Geralt in Soul Calibur VI and so much more! ― Oh jeez, this week has been exhausting. I've got a whole mess of news to report and and some interesting new releases to discuss, but I've actually spent most of this week running around Game Developers Conference in San Francisco. I ...
just for fun
Kyoto Animation's Violet Evergarden jumps up to the top spot in the final weeks of our weekly user rankings for the winter anime season! The finish line is in sight! ― Our team of reviewers are following 28 anime series of the Winter 2018 season and readers are rating each episode as the reviews go up. So let's have a look at what ANN readers consider the best (and worst) of the season. Keep in mind...
After 12 years off the air, Full Metal Panic! returns this spring to deliver more of Kaname and Sousuke's adventures. Theron Martin has everything you need to know about this war dramedy from the 2000s that became a hit before light novel anime were cool. ― One of the most anticipated sequels of 2018 finally arrives this spring: Full Metal Panic! Invisible Victory. As the fourth anime adaptation of t...
The Resurrection F arc delivers a flurry of fights and a few new transformations, but is the story actually memorable underneath the nostalgia factor? Sam Leach weighs in. ― With the Japanese broadcast of Dragon Ball Super nearing its finale, there's some new perspective to be had from revisiting its early days. I remember when these initial movie remake arcs were airing, and it felt like we'd never ...
An in-depth behind-the-scenes look at Haoliners, the Chinese animation house that has aggressively entered the television anime market with some success, some failure, and a lot of ambition. ― It is often said that China has a huge impact on the Japanese anime industry. Although the Chinese government has had a habit of restricting access to anime titles even in recent years, the anime market in Chin...
After finally being released from Netflix jail, Children of the Whales turned out to be a much muddier viewing experience than anticipated. We discuss what went wrong for this ambitious fantasy series. ― After finally being released from Netflix jail, Children of the Whales turned out to be a much muddier viewing experience than anticipated. This week, Nick and Steve discuss what went wrong for this ...
Is this curious one-off story in the Fate canon worth your time? Gabriella Ekens weighs the pros and cons of this partial mobile game adaptation. ― If you're a fan of the Fate franchise, and maybe even if you aren't, you've probably heard of Fate/Grand Order. This mobile game is a recent installment in fate canon has been doing quite well for itself in both Japan and abroad, so it's no wonder that th...
People know what a voice actor and a voice director do, but rarely do they know the role of the ADR engineer, the secret MVP of the world of anime dubs. Justin files an appreciation of their craft. ― Roman asked: I was watching some of my favorite anime and noticed a title of ADR engineer in the credits. I'm somewhat familiar with the role of ADR director, voice actor and script writer in anime dubs...
The students of U.A. are finally coming back to team up against the growing League of Villains! Nicholas Dupree has your catch-up cram session for all things My Hero Academia as season three approaches. ― In just a couple weeks, My Hero Academia will be coming back for its third season, which promises to be even bigger and more explosive than its predecessors. There's a lot to anticipate for fans of ...
It took 8 years for a Ni no Kuni sequel to finally surface, and now that it's here, there's both good news and bad for this lavish Studio Ghibli-esque action RPG. ― Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch was a bit too traditional for me. As a lover of RPGs and the films of Hayao Miyazaki, I figured it would be right up my alley. An RPG that looks and sounds like a real Studio Ghibli film is basically a...