Press Releases - September 2008
- NYICFF 2008 - Fall Screening Schedule: Did You Know That Ticket Purchases Can Benefit Your School PTA? ()
- Right Stuf's Nozomi Entertainment Launches Official Site for Aria The Animation at aria.rightstuf.com ()
- How to Play: Dig Into Master of the Monster Lair ()
- Asia Pacific Screen Awards 2008 Nominees Announced ()
- Castle Point Anime Convention ()
- Metrocon 7: 2009 Dates Announced/Pre-Registration Open ()
- Viz Pictures Partners with Hot Topic to Support North American Premiere of Death Note II: The Last Name ()
- An Online Explosion: Crunchyroll and Organic to Stream Catblue Dynamite-“Uncut” ()
- Huntington Convention Attracts Anime Fans from Across the Tri-State ()
- Luv Luv Press on NETCOMICS.com ()
- DrMaster Presents an Action-Packed End to the Summer ()
- Creator Series 3: Death of Domomata Director Oku & More Giveaways ()
- Meet the Characters: the Villians of Luminous Arc 2 ()
- 2008 TV DVD Award Nominees Announced ()
- Setsucon 2009 Registration ()
- New Guests Confirmed for Setsucon 2009 ()
- Cartoon Network Enterprises and Del Rey Manga Announce Manga Publishing Partnership ()
- Del Rey Manga Announces New Manga Series, Guide for 2009 ()
- Akira Blu-ray to Be Released in U.S. by Bandai Entertainment under “Honneamise” Label; Simultaneous Release in Japan ()
- Yuri Lowenthal and Matt Greenfield Animated at Phoenix Comicon ()
- Anime USA 2008 Announces Final Series of Guests ()
- Right Stuf's Anime Today Discusses the State of Anime on TV with ICv2.com V.P. Tom Flinn ()
- FUNimation Entertainment Announces Acquisition of Live Action Japanese Film Mushi-shi ()
- FUNimation® Entertainment Divulges Cast of Darker Than Black at New York Anime Festival 2008 ()
- JaniCon 2008 Announces Two New Events ()
- New York - Tokyo Creator Series 2: Izuru Kumasaka ()
- New Eternal Poison Trailer Haunts with Gorgeous Aesthetics ()
- Bang Zoom! Entertainment Dubs New Anime Series Gurren Lagann for North American Debut on Sci Fi Channel ()
- Viz Media Announces the Launch of Naruto, Bleach and Death Note Episodes on Hulu.com ()
- Meet The Characters: The Town Folk in Master Of The Monster Lair ()
- Huntington, WV Prepares for Local Anime Convention ()
- New York - Tokyo Creator Series 1: Hiroshi Kashiwabara ()
- Pop Japan Travel Brings Designers, Painters, and Art Fanatics to the Largest Art Exhibition in Asia ()
- Meet The Characters: The Heroes of Luminous Arc 2 ()
- NY Anime Festival Presents Star-Studded Line Up at 2008 Event ()
- FUNimation Entertainment Highlights and Events at New York Anime Festival 2008 ()
- Digital Manga Inc.'s Online Manga Site eManga Open For Business ()
- New York - Tokyo Film Grand Prix 2008 Festival: From 77 Drummers to a Deadly Game of Tag: Tickets Now on Sale ()
- Go! Comi to Premiere Wendy Pini's “Masque of the Red Death” at Yaoi-con 2008 ()
- SMC “Ekitoku Chouhi” Ikkitousen – 8” PVC Figure ()
- Meet The Characters: The Heroes of Persona 4 ()
- Crunchyroll and Directions Join for New Digital Media Partnership ()
- LeetStreet Boys to Perform Debut Concert at E for All Expo ()
- Animex Awards 09 – A Call for Entries ()
- Viz Media Teams with Joost™ to Deliver Hit Series Naruto, Bleach and Death Note to an Even Wider Audience ()
- Hulu Launches Free and Legal Anime Channel ()
- Eternal Poison Pre-Order Bonus Art Book to Feature North America Exclusive Art; Artists's Progress and Commentary to Be Released over Time ()
- New York-Tokyo Unveils New Style of Film Festival ()
- MIT/Harvard Cool Japan Project Brings Award-Winning Anime Film Tekkon Kinkreet (2006) for Boston-Area Premiere and Panel Discussion 10/1 at Harvard ()
- Program of the 24th International Short Film Festival Berlin ()
- Pacific Media Expo 2008, November 7-9 at the LAX Hilton ()
- Astro Boy Hits US Theaters October 23, 2009 ()
- Grand International Cosplay Ball: The UK's First International Event for Cosplayers ()
- Atlus Releases Official Full Trailer For Strategy RPG Luminous Arc 2 ()
- Viz Media Announces the Release of Blue Dragon Animated Series on DVD ()
- The Girl Who Leapt Through Time English Language Version to Play Black Bear Film Festival October 18 ()
- Bandai Entertainment Announces New York Anime Festival Schedule; Gurren Lagann and Gundam 00 VAs to Appear ()
- Atlanime at Japan Fest ()
- Adult Source Media Presents Kowaremono Volumes 1 & 2 One Hour and 8 Sex Scenes of Hot Hentai Action ()
- Battle Fantasia Arrives at Retail Today ()
- Manga Fans Get More Edge from New Virtual World ()
- The Many Unexpected Twists And Turns of Fate In The World Of Dokapon Kingdom ()
- eigoMANGA Hosts Japanese Rock Legend, Sugizo in San Francisco ()
- RIT Anime Club Announces Tora-Con '09 Registration Prices and First Guests, Voice Actors Vic Mignona and Colleen Clinkenbeard ()
- Ignition Entertainment Acquires Exclusive Video Game Publishing Rights to Blue Dragon Plus for Nintendo DS™ ()
- GameWire: “Atlus Spoils” the Faithful with Three Overflowing Holiday RPGs; Eternal Poison, Luminous Arc 2, and Persona 4 Each to Include Soundtrack CD and Preorder Limited Edition Art Book ()
- UK Barbican Film - Japanimation: Mushishi - Tuesday 28 October ()
- NYAV Post & TripWire Productions Announce Voice Acting Contest at NY Anime Festival ()
- Imagi Secures US$30 Million (HK$234 Million) in Financing ()
- Girugamesh Coming to Sakura-Con 2009 ()
- NYICFF 2008 - Fall Line-Up ()
- Viz Media Debuts Black Lagoon Manga Series ()
- Jaman.com Adds Popular Japanese Animation Titles from Manga Entertainment to Its Online Film Collection ()
- Bang Zoom! Entertainment Announces Special Intensive Voice Acting Workshop to Be Held at Prominent New York City Recording Studio ()
- Crunchyroll Provides Promotional Sneak Peek of Tokyopop's Princess Ai: Encounters ()
- Dragon Ball Z®: Infinite World Brings Best of Dragon Ball Z Universe to Playstation® 2 Computer Entertainment System ()
- Naruto Trek Convention: March 27 - 29, 2009 - Advance Tickets on Sale Now ()
- First Guest for MangaNEXT 2008 Announced ()
- Organic Hobby, Inc Releases the Eleventh Character/Figure as a Part of Kaiyodo's “Fraülein Revoltech,” “Haruka Hasegawa” ()
- From Manga to Chambara Sword-fighting: Japanese Silent Film ()
- Sugizo and Juno Reactor to Meet and Greet Fans in San Francisco, Los Angeles, New York ()
- Right Stuf's Anime Today Interviews New York Anime Festival Organizers Lance Fensterman & Peter Tatara ()
- A Child's Time Collection Figure – 5 ~ 6” ()
- eigoMANGA Refreshes Company Website ()
- Kitacon Fan Choice Awards Go Online ()
- SITACon 2008 Announces Third Round of Guests ()
- Preview Episode 1 of Aria The Animation from Right Stuf's Nozomi Entertainment on Otaku USA Magazine's October 2008 DVD Sampler ()
- Sugizo to Join Juno Reactor on Their First U.S. Tour in Seven Years ()
- NY Int'l Children's Film Festival: The Girl Who Leapt Through Time ()
- Pokémon, Speed Racer, Anime, and American Culture Discussed October 2 at The Clark, in Massachusetts ()
- Anime Masterpieces Screening Series Premieres with “Grave Of The Fireflies” at UC Berkeley's Pacific Film Archive ()
- Seiyu Noriko Hidaka and Yuji Mitsuya to Appear at Nan Desu Kan 2008 ()
- AuroraCorp to Host 3rd Annual Aurora-Con Anime and Video Game Convention ()
- NCM Fathom and Viz Pictures Bring Live-Action Death Note II: The Last Name to the Big Screen by Popular Demand for an Exclusive Two-Night Event on October 15th & 16th ()
- EVA's Asuka on Loan to Phoenix Comicon ()
- Anime After Dark Launches in Boston ()
- Anime Weekend Atlanta and Punch Brand to Release Exclusive Hat at Convention ()
- This Weekend: The Girl Who Leapt Through Time ()
- FUNimation Entertainment Acquires Kaze No Stigma from GDH K.K. ()
- Orphans International Worldwide Presents “The First Annual Anime And Manga Fundraiser", with Special Celebrity Guest Lisa Hammer of Venture Brothers ()
- Viz Pictures Announces DVD Release of Live-Action Death Note Feature Film ()
- Baby, The Stars Shine Bright Has Tea with Fans at NYAF ()
- ADV Films UK: This Ugly Yet Beautiful World Complete Collection ()
- Thee 50s High Teens and The Captains Tour the US ()
- JapanFiles.com Brings USA CD Release of J-Rock Artists Girugamesh + Full Digital Catalog ()
- Imagi Announces USD $10 Million (HKD $78 Million) Equity Placement ()
- Back to Back Anime Screenings at Urbis, Manchester, UK ()
- Right Stuf's Nozomi Entertainment Announces New Sounds Of The Samurai T-Shirt for 2008 ()
- Right Stuf's Nozomi Entertainment Announces the Remastered Toward The Terra Movie for November 25, 2008 ()
- Right Stuf's Nozomi Entertainment Announces the Maria Watches Over Us – Season 2 DVD Collection: Printemps ()
- The Girl Who Leapt Through Time Extends Run In Seattle ()
- 4KIDS Entertainment Unveils '08-'09 Saturday Morning Lineups for FOX and The CW Television Networks ()
- Intermixi Japan Tours and Tokyogetter Pay Homage to Old-School Fandom with the "Show Us Your Dubs" Contest ()
- Dinosaur King Stomps Onto DVD on 9/23, Only from Shout! Factory ()
- Steve Rezayat to Ascend as SPJA CFO ()
- NY Anime Festival Sponsors Death Note Day at Kinokuniya ()
- Viz Media Announces DVD Release of Exciting New Pokémon Titles Throughout Third Quarter of 2008 ()
- Star Wars™: The Clone Wars™ Premieres on Cartoon Network Friday, October 3 ()
- Capcom and Eagle One Media Team Up for Street Fighter Animated Comic DVD Series ()
In North America we usually bust out the skeletons and draculas in October, but in manga, it seems like summertime is a much spookier season. Deb is ready to explain why! ― Why is Summer considered the season for spooky stories in manga, not Autumn / October like it is in North America? Much as Halloween at the end of October is the holiday that anchors the season for spooks and ghouls in North Amer...
just for fun
ANNCast is back with the audio from our panel at Otakon 2018, featuring special guest Mike Toole! Zac and Mike take a quick tour of 20 years of ANN history, followed by a Q&A session with the audience. ― ANNCast Live at Otakon 2018 ANNCast is back with the audio from our panel at Otakon 2018, featuring special guest Mike Toole! Zac and Mike take a quick tour of 20 years of ANN history, followed by a...
Studio TRIGGER's tokusatsu re-imagining SSSS.GRIDMAN hits this October, and we've got a fun and fascinating in-depth chat with two of the show's staff - animator Masaru Sakamoto and animation director Masato Takeuchi. ― It's a big year for Studio TRIGGER director Akira Amemiya. After helming two well-received short series (the adorable Space Patrol Luluco and the cult smash Inferno Cop), Amemiya has ...
Kazuya Ide, producer for visual effects and animation studio Shirogumi Inc, chats about revisions, his new CG anime from the director of Code Geass, what it takes to put together a CG anime, and the future of animation in Japan. ― Kazuya Ide is a producer for Shirogumi Inc., a visual effects and animation studio in Japan with a decades-long legacy - you've likely seen their work in Shin Godzilla (or ...
Romance and leisure butt heads for the heroine of this grounded and relatable dramedy for adult women. Rebecca Silverman has the details. ― At first blush, Tokyo Alice looks like a manga version of the stereotype that women just love to shop more than anything else in the world. And that is part of what's going on here – Fu Arisugawa is a shopaholic, specifically addicted to brand names and expensive...
Revue Starlight jumps 14 PLACES on the chart to challenge Attack on Titan for the throne! Find out how your favorite shows performed in our weekly user rankings. ― Our team of reviewers are following 27 anime series of the Summer 2018 season and readers are rating each episode as the reviews go up. So let's have a look at what ANN readers consider the best (and worst) of the season. Keep in mind tha...
J.C. Staff megaproducer Yuji Matsukura has over 120 anime titles to his name, from Food Wars to A Certain Magical Index - so when fans lined up to ask him questions at Otakon 2018, the results were unpredictable - and fascinating! ― Food Wars fans came in droves to J.C. Staff producer Yuji Matsukura's panel at Otakon this year in Washington, DC. Matsukura is a legendary producer, with 120 titles unde...
There's some unsettling news coming out of visual novel publisher Sekai Project right now - Heidi files some editorial commentary on what we might expect. PLUS: Zelda-flavored Diablo on Switch, Fist of the North Star and more! ― Hey, you know what makes any day more exciting? A whole lot of exploding Fist of the North Star heads. Thanks, Sega! Now that we've had our dose of Kenshiro, let's move on to...
Hanebado! came on strong as the world's most melodramatic badminton anime, but has it taken those heights of angst too far? Micchy and Steve hang on for dear life through this series' wild mood swings. ― Hanebado! came on strong as the world's most melodramatic badminton anime, but has it taken those heights of angst too far? This week, Micchy and Steve hang on for dear life through this series' wild...
In the growing catalogue of LGBTQ+ manga, That Blue Sky Feeling's thoughtful tone and respect for its characters makes it a must-read. Rebecca Silverman has the details. ― Rumors are the lifeblood of many a school or workplace. Sometimes there's nothing malicious behind them, but other times the rumors can be socially or emotionally devastating to their subjects. That's what Dai Noshiro is convinced ...
The director of the international phenomenon known as Fate/Grand Order talks about the last year of incredible success, what the English playerbase has been like, plus some insight from Saber herself, Ayako Kawasumi! ― At nearly every major anime convention these days your eyeballs will be greeted by massive, city-carpeting advertisements for Aniplex's massive Fate/Grand Order mobile game, which laun...
You may not have read any of Morimi's novels yet, but you've probably seen one - and it likely blew your mind! From The Tatami Galaxy to The Eccentric Family, Kim Morrissy celebrates the incredible anime adaptations of one exceptional Japanese novelist. ― If you're a fan of the anime director Masaaki Yuasa, then you've probably come across the novelist Tomihiko Morimi in some form. The Tatami Galaxy ...
Shocking revelations about Isao Takahata's treatment of his staff in Toshio Suzuki's recent book have some fans asking: what are we supposed to think of his films and his legacy now? Justin considers the angles. ― Fartball asked: Isao Takahata was one of my favorite anime directors, and I was heartbroken when he died a few months ago. Now Ghibli's producer Toshio Suzuki is saying Takahata was an awf...
The Promised Neverland runs through a dazzling series of twists and betrayals in its pulse-pounding third volume. Nick Creamer has the details. ― The Promised Neverland hits the ground running in its third volume, opening with new allies Gilda and Don staging a daring and likely ill-advised break-in of Isabella's secret room. Their extremely rash choice leads to both discord within the main group and...
Planet With is the first original anime project written by beloved manga author Satoshi Mizukami, and it's been absurd and exciting from the start to its shocking halfway point cliffhanger. Nick and Jacob try to make sense of this mecha action rollercoaster. ― Planet With is the first original anime project written by beloved manga author Satoshi Mizukami, and it's been absurd and exciting from the s...
World-famous voice actors Bryce Papenbrook and Yuki Kaji get together for a fun chat about one of the roles they share: The Seven Deadly Sins' fearless hero, Meliodas! ― To the excitement of fans, popular series, The Seven Deadly Sins, returns with an upcoming movie on August 18, 2018. As one of top watched anime on Netflix, an upcoming film in August 2018, and a lineup of the biggest names in the in...
This 3DCG anime comedy dripping with 90s arcade lore from classics like Final Fight and Street Fighter II doesn't hit Netflix until December, but we've got all the details from the premiere at Otakon - with comments from the show's producers! ― The Hi Score Girl anime had a long road to production. Originally announced in 2013, the project was sidelined after SNK Playmore filed a criminal complaint a...
The heroes of Is it Wrong to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? venture outside Orario for once in this adventurous volume. Theron Martin has the details. ― For all of the great work that writer Fujino Omori has done with the setting of DanMachi, details on any locations beyond Orario and its immediate environs have been woefully limited. Although a couple of short stories in the main series have transpired...