Press Releases - March 2004
- ADV Announces Hello Kitty & Friends Release ()
- Sakura-Con Guest Announcements ()
- Anime at the Alamo: Every Tuesday at 9:45PM ()
- ADV Manga Announces 37 Acquisitions ()
- Kids' WB! Celebrates April With A "Fool's Month" of Gags and Adventures ()
- Broccoli Books sets Street Date for Juvenile Orion volume 2 ()
- Anime Marathon at Bowling Green State University ()
- CPM Manga June Releases ()
- Yu Yu Hakusho TCG Voted Game of the Year ()
- Toon Radio Returns ()
- Protoculture Restructures Internet Presence ()
- Anime Network Scores Comic Party ()
- ADV announces release for April 27 and May 11 ()
- Armored Trooper Votoms on Sputnik 7 ()
- ADV Announces First Volume of Kaleido Star ()
- Van Von Hunter to be Published by Tokyopop ()
- Corsham and Mad House in Talks to Co-Produce Natural Born Kittens ()
- AnimeNext Updates ()
- Sakura-con Guests ()
- Tokyopop Expands to Germany ()
- Anime Boston 2004 Announces Second Round of Guests ()
- My Neighbor Totoro, Nausicaa, Porco Rosso Release Announcement ()
- MAMORU OSHII'S BEAUTIFUL DREAMER AWAKENS AT CENTRAL PARK MEDIA ()
- Viz Announces Release of Second Edition Manga Titles ()
- 4Kids Awards Mattel Master Toy License For Shaman King ()
- Guardians Of Order Announces BESM Third Edition ()
- Guardians Of Order Acquires Evangelion RPG License ()
- More anime coming your way from Geneon Entertainment. ()
- Mamoru Oshii's Angel Egg in Austin ()
- EigoManga and Tokyopop at Wizard World ()
- ADV Toys Launches First Toy ()
- ADV Films Acquires Chrono Crusade ()
- 4Kids Breaks $100 Million In Revenues ()
- Majesco Secures Rights to 4Kids Properties for GBA Video ()
- Majesco to Distribute 4Kids GBA Video Titles ()
- Trigun Maximum ()
- Image Entertainment Unveils New Era of Anime Soundtrack With Galerians: Rion ()
- Exclusive Premiums for May Shonen Jump ()
- Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Movie to Premiere August 13th ()
- TOKYOPOP Launches Manga with a Novel Twist ()
- Carl Macek to be Honored ()
- ADV Acquires Maburaho ()
- Sakura Con Announces More Guests of Honor ()
- Tokyopop Taps Former Sony Pictures Entertainment Exec for CFO ()
- Two ADV Releases Rank in Top 10 Video Sales ()
- ADV Manga April Street Dates ()
- Pokemon Sneak-Peak For March on Kids' WB! ()
- NuTech Digital Enters Exclusive License Agreement for 34 New Titles ()
- Kids' WB! Captures 14th Consecutive Sweep Win ()
- Wizard World Los Angeles ()
- TRSI releases Comic Party 2 ()
- Critical Mass Releases Vanilla Series: Spotlight ()
- Anime Lecture at Emory University ()
- Yaoi-Con 2004 Initial Press Release ()
- ADV Films March Releases ()
- Geneon May Releases ()
Loading next article...
Warner Bros. live-action FMA movie has finally arrived on Netflix to surprisingly little fanfare. We discover why this particular project didn't get the U.S. theatrical attention of its peers. ― Warner Bros. live-action FMA film has finally arrived on Netflix to surprisingly little fanfare. This week in anime, Nick and Jacob discover why this particular project didn't get the U.S. theatrical attentio...
Attack on Titan's Bryce Papenbrook and Kill la Kill's David Vincent sit down for a chat about their new approach to connecting fans and voice actors. ― Fans may recognize veteran voice actors Bryce Papenbrook (Attack on Titan, Sword Art Online) and David Vincent (Fate/Zero, Kill La Kill) from their work in a number of anime and video game series, but the two have a unique off-screen collaboration, as...
Heidi takes the Secret of Mana remake for a spin, plus Namco's Catalog IP project, Metal Gear Survive, Dragon Ball FighterZ DLC and a whole lot more! ― It's another one of those slow news weeks, which means I can take a bit of space in this column to babble about something I'm particularly interested in. This week, I've got the perfect excuse to talk about two things I really like: the mobile game Go...
The final arc in the Utena saga has arrived on blu-ray, alongside the opulent Adolescence of Utena film. Rebecca Silverman looks back on how this classic concluded. ― With this final arc of the Revolutionary Girl Utena narrative, the story throws all subtlety out the window. That's not strictly a negative in terms of getting the most out of everything the series has built up, because when the visuals...
Wow! Hundreds of millions of dollars are flowing into the anime industry thanks to streaming! Is any of that money going to the people who actually make anime? Justin gets into it. ― Custom Gundam asked: With ANN recently reporting that Crunchyroll royalties to the Japanese industry exceed US $100 million and also the huge amount recieved from global companies like Netflix and Amazon and also the va...
Take a journey back in time with Daryl Surat, when many people were introduced to anime through heartwarming films like My Neighbor Totoro and Grave of the Fireflies. But what forgotten gems lie sleeping in this long-ago year? ― Every so often, I get questions regarding what the value is in observing what works of popular culture remain worth watching, decades after their creation. But nearly three m...
This beloved 2000s megahit is the newest to get a live-action update to the big screen, now available on Netflix after its theatrical run in Japan. Theron Martin finds out if this movie can live up to fans' expectations. ― Fullmetal Alchemist was one of the most popular and successful anime/manga franchises of the 2000s, so the only surprise surrounding this live-action adaptation might be that it di...
Citrus has turned a few heads with its incestuous twist on lesbian romance. We suss out whether this makes for a juicy love story or just sour pulp. ― Citrus has turned a few heads with its incestuous twist on lesbian romance. This week in anime, Michelle and Steve suss out whether this makes for a juicy love story or just sour pulp. Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed by the participants in...
Hiromu Arakawa's pastoral drama about the highs and lows of farm living at an agricultural college is a far cry from Fullmetal Alchemist, but just as rewarding. Rebecca Silverman has the details. ― Hiromu Arakawa's agricultural coming of age tale's anime adaptation reached English-speakers long before now, which makes it feel like a real treat to finally get the chance to read the manga. Based roughl...
just for fun
Vice wants his next costume to reel in the ladies, but he's fresh out of sexy ideas. Thankfully, Perry has some great advice! ―
Paul discovers a hidden gem in a surprisingly lazy package with this lovely slice-of-life comedy. Plus, all this week's new anime releases and a brand-new Shelf Obsessed! ― I've been working on putting together a Star Wars model kit recently, and holy heck that process is easier if you have a decent set of the appropriate tools. It's almost a relaxing experience when you don't have to threaten each ...
This attempt at a gritty action spectacle falls prey to confusing storytelling and baffling editing. Theron Martin examines what went wrong. ― In the Summer 2016 Preview Guide, I gave the first episode of this manga adaptation a middling score, saying that it isn't without potential. Rarely have I looked back at a review and been more perplexed at what I wrote, as on a second view that first episode ...
There sure are a lot of gambling anime, but what's it actually like to gamble in Japan? Does anime paint an accurate picture? Justin gets into it. ― Jake asked: I have recently been watching Kakegurui Compulsive Gambler on Netflix and it has me curious about gambling in Japan. Gambling is in a ton of anime from Samurai Champloo to Kaiji. Mostly I am familiar with the basic odd even dice game as well...