Press Releases - June 2004
- Bandai Cosplay at AX ()
- Anime Expo: Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence Featurette ()
- Bandai Plans for Anime Expo ()
- ADV Films Announces Director of Theatrical Division ()
- Gonzo and Fuji to Produce Brave Story ()
- eigoMANGA comes to Anime Expo ()
- TOKYOPOP guests, panels, games, & giveaways at AX2004 ()
- ADV Films announces August 31 Releases ()
- Star Blazers and Yamato Anime Classics Available for Download on Movielink ()
- Galerions:Rion on MTV2 ()
- Central Park Media Apprehends Ichi the Killer ()
- ADV Manga Announces August Releases ()
- ADV Music Announces Anime X-Plode ()
- ComicsOne Announces New Manga ()
- Unwound to Premiere on Japan-A-Radio ()
- DC Comics Launches CMX in October ()
- EigoMANGA Prepares to Launch Shojo Series ()
- Tokyopop to publish Totally Spies cinemanga ()
- ADV Films Announces Third Batch of Animini DVD Collection ()
- ADV Films Announces August 24 Release Dates ()
- ADV Films Announces Release Date for First Volume of Get Backers ()
- ADV Films Announces Street Date for Gun Crazy: Beyond the Law ()
- Geneon Acquires Appleseed ()
- "Go Go Anime!" Documentary ()
- US premiere of Dokkoida!?, Ikki Tousen, and Last Exile vol. 5 to be shown at Anime Expo ()
- Del Rey Acquires The Wallflower and Othello ()
- ADV Films Announces Release Date for First Spanish Hello Kitty Series ()
- ADV Films Announces Nurse Witch Komugi V.1 ()
- ADV Films Announces Second Serving of Bite-size DVD Collection ()
- ADV Films Acquires Original Japanese Dark Water Movie ()
- ADV Films Announces Neon Genesis Evangelion Platinum Edition Street Date ()
- ADV Films Announces August 3 and 10 Release Dates ()
- Invasion: Anime comes home to the Dallas Video Festival ()
- Stone Bridge Announces Books on Japanese Pop Culture ()
- Pre-Reg Deadline Approaching for Metrocon ()
- Tokyopop Unveils Master Plan for Rave Master ()
- Animé article in Retail Merchandiser magazine ()
- Movielink Brings Speed Racer to Broadband Viewers ()
- Anime Network Brings Original, Uncut "Gatchaman" to US ()
- 4Kids Entertainment Licenses One Piece ()
- CPM First Anime Company to go Mobile ()
- Mobile Phone Comic-books Launched ()
- A18 Announces Be Beautiful ()
- MTV Cartoon about Anime ()
- Viz Announces Partnerships and Products at 2004 BEA ()
- 4 Kids Licensing Show 2004 ()
- Tokyopop to develop Linkin Park Cine-Manga ()
- Tokyopop and 20th Century Serve up Trio of CineManga ()
- CPM Braces for Armageddon ()
- Anime Expo 2004: Guests of Honor ()
- VIZ Partners with RIF to Use Manga to Promote Literacy ()
- Viz Announces New Manga for Q3 ()
- Tokyopop announces Princess Ai release ()
- Gunam Pilot Academy Website Open ()
- Tokyopop Announces 4th Rising Stars of Manga Competition ()
- Geneon Announces Entire Uncut Sailor Moon S Box Set ()
- Geneon Announces Conclusion to Heat Guy J ()
- Geneon Announces Lupin III v 7 ()
Not one but TWO new Persona dancing games are out in Japan! Both of them are supposed to snap right in to the overarching Persona timeline... but how? When did our heroes take to the dance floor? Richard Eisenbeis has done the homework. ― With two new Persona music games on the market in Japan you might be wondering, how exactly do they fit in with the rest of the series? While about different sets o...
Darling in the FRANXX has given some viewers whiplash with its unprecedented plot twists over the last few weeks. Nick and Steve discuss where things went wrong for them in this ambitious mecha series. ― Darling in the FRANXX has given some viewers whiplash with its unprecedented plot twists over the last few weeks. This week, Nick and Steve discuss where things went wrong for them in this ambitious ...
This slightly more creepy-crawly take on isekai reincarnation doesn't break from formula too much, but it does everything refreshingly better than its many peers in the genre. Theron Martin has the details. ― The field of isekai reincarnation novel series is so dense and thickly populated with weird options that even a catchy title and premise might not hold reader attention for long; a series has to...
In Tokyo, Haruka reunites with Ikuya, a young man who swam alongside him in relays in middle school. Haruka's memories of middle school begin to resurface; he remembers Ikuya from "that moment" extremely clearly... ― Free! -Dive to the Future- Official Website: http://df.iwatobi-sc.com/ Introduction Characters Cast & Staff Gallery Premieres in July 2018 Key Staff Director: Eisaku Kawanami Series Com...
When it comes to fan works - cosplay, fanart, fan films and games - copyright seems to be only enforced arbitrarily. Why is that - and which fan works are less likely to get the hook? Justin gets into it. ― James asked: I have noticed that most companies tolerate fanart, fanfiction, and cosplay of their works, but not fan-films or fan-made video games, which seems very arbitrary and random, to me. W...
James delves into a divisive CG sci fi thriller from last spring while Paul breaks down all this week's new anime releases! ― I've officially hit the point in every anime season where I look at my streaming queue and think, "Aw, crap." Apart from the two shows I'm covering for streaming reviews, I'm weeks and weeks behind on everything. I sense a late-night marathon in my immediate future. Welcome t...
The first two thirds of this fantasy road trip are humble yet satisfying. Rebecca Silverman explores the attractive art and charming idiosyncrasies of the dragonewt kingdoms. ― Everything eventually cycles back around. That's part of the philosophy behind the world building of Kiyohisa Tanaka's debut manga series, Juana and the Dragonewt's Seven Kingdoms: first there were dinosaurs, then there were h...
This special sunday edition of This Week in Games collects E3's most exciting game announcements, plus the rest of this week's gaming news. If you feel like you missed anything at E3, catch up here! ― And we're back with the second part of our E3 news extravaganza! Except that, as I write this, the internet is losing its mind over something totally unrelated to E3: a tease by Studio Trigger that it's...
"This one felt a little more scattershot than the previous two, and they're still repeating themes that have been fully clarified at this point, but I'm still dying to know where all this is going."
This steampunk adventure novel explores the stigmatization of illness in refreshing and engaging ways. Rebecca Silverman explores how. ― Despite having some of the trappings of a standard reverse harem school story, Mia and the Forbidden Medicine Report is much more of a science drama than a romance. The story takes place in a vaguely early 20th century steampunk setting, where country girl Mia Bauma...
Introducing anime to newbies can be a weird experience, especially if that newbie is your own dad! Here are some pops-friendly anime options just in time for Father's Day! ― I just got back from camping out in the woods (okay it was a state park) and roughing it old school (in a cabin) but while much of America is barbecuing with their folks, it's the perfect opportunity to turn on one of these show...
This relatable romance story focuses on personal transformation as much as first love. Rebecca Silverman has the details. ― If there's a time in your life tailor-made for trying to hide in plain sight, it's middle and high school. Chitose learned that lesson a little earlier than most of her classmates, however: her parents run a fusion restaurant with Indian themes, and Chitose was picked on for com...