Press Releases - November 2010
- Episode One of ‘Otaku-Verse Zero’ Debuts with Akihabara Toy Expo Report ()
- FMA:Brotherhood Dynamic Theme Debuts in PlayStation Store ()
- Siren Visual Brings Noitamina Block to Australia and New Zealand ()
- Internationally Acclaimed Anime Music Star Breaking Big as Beautiful Loser ()
- Da Capo Innocent Finale Now Available for Digital Download in English ()
- Free Holiday Anime Event from Valley Gakuen and Pacific Media Expo Warms Sun Valley, CA ()
- Frazier Smith Wins Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series Atlanta ()
- TAKII 10 ~Family Reunion~ This Weekend ()
- Otacool 4: Amazing Illustrators Worldwide ()
- Animation Nation Features Animation from Japan ()
- Two New Pokemon Joining Pikachu Balloon in Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade ()
- Funimation Entertainment Taps PlaySpan Platform to Bring Top Anime Videos to Millions of Gamers ()
- Evangelion: 2.0 You Can (Not) Advance Attacks North America ()
- DC Anime Club Presents StarBlazers Marathon ()
- Holiday Anime Faire in Fremont, CA Saturday, December 4, 2010 ()
- Sugizo Announces His TinierMe Appearance ()
- Right Stuf's Anime Today Talks Ninja Attack with Hiroko Yoda & Matt Alt ()
- EuroCosplay Announcement ()
- Yu-Gi-Oh! Trading Card Game Booster Set Hidden Arsenal 3 Releases December 7 ()
- 10th Edition of Waterloo Festival for Animated Cinema Begins Today ()
- Mobile Suit Gundam UC (Unicorn) Now On Zune / Xbox Live ()
- Jonathan Sebastian Vazquez Herrera Claims Champion Title At Premiere Konami Digital Entertainment Yu-gi-Oh! Championship Series in Mexico City ()
- PJT Contest Launches on Anime News Network Today ()
- Who Will Be Crowned Australia's Best Cosplayer? ()
- New Video is pleased to announce that CODE LYOKO season 1 has just gone live on iTunes! ()
- Entertainment Media Show on 27th/28th November 2010 At Olympia 2, Hammersmith Road, London ()
- Kindle Store November 2010 Titles ()
- Phantom Brave PSP and the Release of Our Home's Fox Deity ()
- Viz Media Announces November Haikasoru Imprint Releases ()
- Summer Wars One of 15 Films Submitted to Academy, Initial Theatre Dates ()
- Sanrio Digital Supports Breast Cancer Research and Awareness in Hello Kitty Online Year-Round ()
- Sakura's live “Blackness Cosmos” on 11/20 will be broadcasted on Sync Music Japan via USTREAM! ()
- Tokyoscope Talk at Viz Cinema Explores the Hidden & Deadly World of the Ninja Next Week ()
- Taisho Baseball Girls Complete Collection On Sale Today ()
- 4Kids Entertainment Reports 2010 Third Quarter Results ()
- Phoenix EV Animation Celebration ()
- 15 Animated Features Line Up for 2010 Oscar® Race ()
- Get Boom Boom Satellites' "Back on My Feet" MP3 and Special Xam'd Collaborated Wallpaper for Free ()
- Funimation Channel Premieres Four New Shows in Primetime ()
- Viz Media Announces New Manga Acquisitions for Spring & Summer 2011 ()
- Club 2 the Max Changes Name to AM2 ()
- Music and Gaming Festival, January 13-16, 2011 ()
- PandoraHearts and Our Home's Fox Deity Volume 2 ()
- Entertainment Media Show on November 27 & 28 2010 at Olympia 2, Hammersmith Road, London ()
- Pittsburgh's First Eighteen-and-Over Anime Event Welcomes Voice Actor Dan Woren ()
- Baltimore Comic-Con Thanks Fans and Announces 2011 Dates and Guests ()
- Viz Media Announces 2010 Holiday Anime Gift Ideas ()
- Sakura-Con 2011 Announces New Guests of Honor ()
- Dailymotion brings Crunchyroll's Top Asian Content to its Global Audience ()
- Say Hello to Black Jack" English Translation Project Is on the Go at "Nico Nico Seiga" ()
- Viz Media Offers Fun Viz Kids Titles 2010 Holiday Season ()
- Viz Media Previews 2010 Holiday Manga Shopping Ideas ()
- NYICFF Summer Wars Premiere ()
- Grand International Cosplay Ball: Arabian Nights ()
- Club 2 The Max Announces Even More Fun For Attendees With The Official Convention Arcade ()
- Everyone Has A Little Monster Inside, in Kurozakuro, New From Viz Media ()
- Lord of the Rings Trilogy Producer Barrie M. Osborne Joins Jang Dong-gun at Pacific Media Expo 2010 ()
- Crunchyroll Delivers More Drama Episodes to Your Doorstep ()
- Section23 Films Announces February Slate ()
- Taiyou Con Announces First Round of Guests ()
- Xam'd Collection 2 On Sale Today ()
- Ultra Maniac Anime Debuts on iTunes, Hulu, VIZAnime.com ()
- Crunchyroll to Feature a Full Arsenal of Fresh Anime ()
- NHK Japanese TV is Filming Reni's Maid Cafe on Nov 20 ()
- Marvel Makes Their STGCC Debut ()
- Japanese Goth Band Rose Noire to Make US Debut at Zenkaikon ()
- DC Anime Club Presents Video Game Day ()
- Cesaga Comes to the US ()
- iPad Manga Comic Maniac Tours Now On Sale ()
- Anime USA Coming Up the Weekend of November 12-14 ()
- Pacific Media Expo hosts Way of the Stick and the Blade: Tournament of Filipino Martial Arts, Southern California's Largest Filipino Martial Arts Tournament ()
- Destination Japan Announces The Tokyo Anime Freedom Tour 2011 ()
- Club 2 the Max Announces More Fun for Attendees with the Pirate Rum Party at Matsuri Summer Fest 2011 ()
- Video Games Live Announces 42 Shows ()
- Yu-Gi-Oh! Trading Card Game Starstrike Blast Available November 16 ()
- Imperial Intrigue Awaits Readers in the Story of Saiunkoku ()
- Viz Media Puts a New Spin on Art Therapy in Manga Series Genkaku Picasso ()
- Two Series from Aniplex to Resume Simulcast on Anime News Network ()
- A&G Ohio Press Release ()
- Live from Tokyo - a Documentary About Indie Music from Tokyo ()
- VIZ Cinema Explores Japan's Underground Music Scene in Live from Tokyo Rock Doc ()
- Ai-Kon Announces Winter Festival ()
- Viz Media Launches Free Viz Manga iPad App ()
- iVdopia's Interactive Mobile Video Ads on iPhone and Android Devices Drive DVD Sales for ‘Corpse Princess’ ()
- Konami Digital Entertainment Debuts New Ad Campaign for Yu-Gi-Oh! Trading Card Game Fall & Winter Releases ()
- Crunchyroll Delivers a Massive Dose of New and Free Anime ()
- London Anime Con Guests ()
- Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade 2010 ()
- Navarre Corporation Reports Second Quarter Results for Fiscal Year 2011 and Posts a 6% Net Sales Increase ()
- Viz Cinema Highlights Power & Prowess for November Film Schedule ()
- Club 2 the Max Announces Matsuri Summer Fest 2011 ()
- 91.8 The Fan's Weekly Schedule - Week of October 1st ()
Sometimes scheduling problems lead to recap episodes or unplanned hiatuses, and sometimes they result in an entire show's artwork slipping into insanity. Here are seven of the most memorable animation meltdowns. ― There's a lot of variables that can cause an anime television production to go off schedule and affect the quality of a show. Poor animation quality is not always, or even usually a reflec...
When a traffic accident lands an office worker in the body of an otome game villainess, is there anything she can do to change her fate? Rebecca Silverman finds out. ― If the male-oriented isekai story tends to land our reborn boy protagonist in a position where he becomes the king of his own personal harem, then the female-oriented version is that she gets plopped down in the middle of her favorite ...
In North America we usually bust out the skeletons and draculas in October, but in manga, it seems like summertime is a much spookier season. Deb is ready to explain why! ― Why is Summer considered the season for spooky stories in manga, not Autumn / October like it is in North America? Much as Halloween at the end of October is the holiday that anchors the season for spooks and ghouls in North Amer...
just for fun
ANNCast is back with the audio from our panel at Otakon 2018, featuring special guest Mike Toole! Zac and Mike take a quick tour of 20 years of ANN history, followed by a Q&A session with the audience. ― ANNCast Live at Otakon 2018 ANNCast is back with the audio from our panel at Otakon 2018, featuring special guest Mike Toole! Zac and Mike take a quick tour of 20 years of ANN history, followed by a...
Studio TRIGGER's tokusatsu re-imagining SSSS.GRIDMAN hits this October, and we've got a fun and fascinating in-depth chat with two of the show's staff - animator Masaru Sakamoto and animation director Masato Takeuchi. ― It's a big year for Studio TRIGGER director Akira Amemiya. After helming two well-received short series (the adorable Space Patrol Luluco and the cult smash Inferno Cop), Amemiya has ...
Kazuya Ide, producer for visual effects and animation studio Shirogumi Inc, chats about revisions, his new CG anime from the director of Code Geass, what it takes to put together a CG anime, and the future of animation in Japan. ― Kazuya Ide is a producer for Shirogumi Inc., a visual effects and animation studio in Japan with a decades-long legacy - you've likely seen their work in Shin Godzilla (or ...
Romance and leisure butt heads for the heroine of this grounded and relatable dramedy for adult women. Rebecca Silverman has the details. ― At first blush, Tokyo Alice looks like a manga version of the stereotype that women just love to shop more than anything else in the world. And that is part of what's going on here – Fu Arisugawa is a shopaholic, specifically addicted to brand names and expensive...
Revue Starlight jumps 14 PLACES on the chart to challenge Attack on Titan for the throne! Find out how your favorite shows performed in our weekly user rankings. ― Our team of reviewers are following 27 anime series of the Summer 2018 season and readers are rating each episode as the reviews go up. So let's have a look at what ANN readers consider the best (and worst) of the season. Keep in mind tha...
J.C. Staff megaproducer Yuji Matsukura has over 120 anime titles to his name, from Food Wars to A Certain Magical Index - so when fans lined up to ask him questions at Otakon 2018, the results were unpredictable - and fascinating! ― Food Wars fans came in droves to J.C. Staff producer Yuji Matsukura's panel at Otakon this year in Washington, DC. Matsukura is a legendary producer, with 120 titles unde...
There's some unsettling news coming out of visual novel publisher Sekai Project right now - Heidi files some editorial commentary on what we might expect. PLUS: Zelda-flavored Diablo on Switch, Fist of the North Star and more! ― Hey, you know what makes any day more exciting? A whole lot of exploding Fist of the North Star heads. Thanks, Sega! Now that we've had our dose of Kenshiro, let's move on to...
Hanebado! came on strong as the world's most melodramatic badminton anime, but has it taken those heights of angst too far? Micchy and Steve hang on for dear life through this series' wild mood swings. ― Hanebado! came on strong as the world's most melodramatic badminton anime, but has it taken those heights of angst too far? This week, Micchy and Steve hang on for dear life through this series' wild...
In the growing catalogue of LGBTQ+ manga, That Blue Sky Feeling's thoughtful tone and respect for its characters makes it a must-read. Rebecca Silverman has the details. ― Rumors are the lifeblood of many a school or workplace. Sometimes there's nothing malicious behind them, but other times the rumors can be socially or emotionally devastating to their subjects. That's what Dai Noshiro is convinced ...
The director of the international phenomenon known as Fate/Grand Order talks about the last year of incredible success, what the English playerbase has been like, plus some insight from Saber herself, Ayako Kawasumi! ― At nearly every major anime convention these days your eyeballs will be greeted by massive, city-carpeting advertisements for Aniplex's massive Fate/Grand Order mobile game, which laun...
You may not have read any of Morimi's novels yet, but you've probably seen one - and it likely blew your mind! From The Tatami Galaxy to The Eccentric Family, Kim Morrissy celebrates the incredible anime adaptations of one exceptional Japanese novelist. ― If you're a fan of the anime director Masaaki Yuasa, then you've probably come across the novelist Tomihiko Morimi in some form. The Tatami Galaxy ...
Shocking revelations about Isao Takahata's treatment of his staff in Toshio Suzuki's recent book have some fans asking: what are we supposed to think of his films and his legacy now? Justin considers the angles. ― Fartball asked: Isao Takahata was one of my favorite anime directors, and I was heartbroken when he died a few months ago. Now Ghibli's producer Toshio Suzuki is saying Takahata was an awf...
The Promised Neverland runs through a dazzling series of twists and betrayals in its pulse-pounding third volume. Nick Creamer has the details. ― The Promised Neverland hits the ground running in its third volume, opening with new allies Gilda and Don staging a daring and likely ill-advised break-in of Isabella's secret room. Their extremely rash choice leads to both discord within the main group and...