Press Releases - November 2010
- FMA:Brotherhood Dynamic Theme Debuts in PlayStation Store ()
- Siren Visual Brings Noitamina Block to Australia and New Zealand ()
- Internationally Acclaimed Anime Music Star Breaking Big as Beautiful Loser ()
- Episode One of ‘Otaku-Verse Zero’ Debuts with Akihabara Toy Expo Report ()
- Da Capo Innocent Finale Now Available for Digital Download in English ()
- Free Holiday Anime Event from Valley Gakuen and Pacific Media Expo Warms Sun Valley, CA ()
- Frazier Smith Wins Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series Atlanta ()
- TAKII 10 ~Family Reunion~ This Weekend ()
- Otacool 4: Amazing Illustrators Worldwide ()
- Animation Nation Features Animation from Japan ()
- Two New Pokemon Joining Pikachu Balloon in Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade ()
- Funimation Entertainment Taps PlaySpan Platform to Bring Top Anime Videos to Millions of Gamers ()
- Evangelion: 2.0 You Can (Not) Advance Attacks North America ()
- DC Anime Club Presents StarBlazers Marathon ()
- Holiday Anime Faire in Fremont, CA Saturday, December 4, 2010 ()
- Sugizo Announces His TinierMe Appearance ()
- Right Stuf's Anime Today Talks Ninja Attack with Hiroko Yoda & Matt Alt ()
- EuroCosplay Announcement ()
- Yu-Gi-Oh! Trading Card Game Booster Set Hidden Arsenal 3 Releases December 7 ()
- 10th Edition of Waterloo Festival for Animated Cinema Begins Today ()
- Mobile Suit Gundam UC (Unicorn) Now On Zune / Xbox Live ()
- Jonathan Sebastian Vazquez Herrera Claims Champion Title At Premiere Konami Digital Entertainment Yu-gi-Oh! Championship Series in Mexico City ()
- PJT Contest Launches on Anime News Network Today ()
- Who Will Be Crowned Australia's Best Cosplayer? ()
- New Video is pleased to announce that CODE LYOKO season 1 has just gone live on iTunes! ()
- Entertainment Media Show on 27th/28th November 2010 At Olympia 2, Hammersmith Road, London ()
- Kindle Store November 2010 Titles ()
- Sakura's live “Blackness Cosmos” on 11/20 will be broadcasted on Sync Music Japan via USTREAM! ()
- Tokyoscope Talk at Viz Cinema Explores the Hidden & Deadly World of the Ninja Next Week ()
- Taisho Baseball Girls Complete Collection On Sale Today ()
- Phantom Brave PSP and the Release of Our Home's Fox Deity ()
- Viz Media Announces November Haikasoru Imprint Releases ()
- Summer Wars One of 15 Films Submitted to Academy, Initial Theatre Dates ()
- Sanrio Digital Supports Breast Cancer Research and Awareness in Hello Kitty Online Year-Round ()
- Phoenix EV Animation Celebration ()
- 15 Animated Features Line Up for 2010 Oscar® Race ()
- Get Boom Boom Satellites' "Back on My Feet" MP3 and Special Xam'd Collaborated Wallpaper for Free ()
- Funimation Channel Premieres Four New Shows in Primetime ()
- Viz Media Announces New Manga Acquisitions for Spring & Summer 2011 ()
- Club 2 the Max Changes Name to AM2 ()
- Music and Gaming Festival, January 13-16, 2011 ()
- 4Kids Entertainment Reports 2010 Third Quarter Results ()
- PandoraHearts and Our Home's Fox Deity Volume 2 ()
- Entertainment Media Show on November 27 & 28 2010 at Olympia 2, Hammersmith Road, London ()
- Pittsburgh's First Eighteen-and-Over Anime Event Welcomes Voice Actor Dan Woren ()
- Baltimore Comic-Con Thanks Fans and Announces 2011 Dates and Guests ()
- Viz Media Announces 2010 Holiday Anime Gift Ideas ()
- Sakura-Con 2011 Announces New Guests of Honor ()
- Dailymotion brings Crunchyroll's Top Asian Content to its Global Audience ()
- Say Hello to Black Jack" English Translation Project Is on the Go at "Nico Nico Seiga" ()
- Viz Media Offers Fun Viz Kids Titles 2010 Holiday Season ()
- Viz Media Previews 2010 Holiday Manga Shopping Ideas ()
- NYICFF Summer Wars Premiere ()
- Grand International Cosplay Ball: Arabian Nights ()
- Club 2 The Max Announces Even More Fun For Attendees With The Official Convention Arcade ()
- Everyone Has A Little Monster Inside, in Kurozakuro, New From Viz Media ()
- Lord of the Rings Trilogy Producer Barrie M. Osborne Joins Jang Dong-gun at Pacific Media Expo 2010 ()
- Crunchyroll Delivers More Drama Episodes to Your Doorstep ()
- Section23 Films Announces February Slate ()
- Taiyou Con Announces First Round of Guests ()
- Xam'd Collection 2 On Sale Today ()
- Ultra Maniac Anime Debuts on iTunes, Hulu, VIZAnime.com ()
- NHK Japanese TV is Filming Reni's Maid Cafe on Nov 20 ()
- Marvel Makes Their STGCC Debut ()
- Japanese Goth Band Rose Noire to Make US Debut at Zenkaikon ()
- DC Anime Club Presents Video Game Day ()
- Crunchyroll to Feature a Full Arsenal of Fresh Anime ()
- Cesaga Comes to the US ()
- iPad Manga Comic Maniac Tours Now On Sale ()
- Anime USA Coming Up the Weekend of November 12-14 ()
- Pacific Media Expo hosts Way of the Stick and the Blade: Tournament of Filipino Martial Arts, Southern California's Largest Filipino Martial Arts Tournament ()
- Video Games Live Announces 42 Shows ()
- Yu-Gi-Oh! Trading Card Game Starstrike Blast Available November 16 ()
- Imperial Intrigue Awaits Readers in the Story of Saiunkoku ()
- Destination Japan Announces The Tokyo Anime Freedom Tour 2011 ()
- Club 2 the Max Announces More Fun for Attendees with the Pirate Rum Party at Matsuri Summer Fest 2011 ()
- Viz Media Puts a New Spin on Art Therapy in Manga Series Genkaku Picasso ()
- Two Series from Aniplex to Resume Simulcast on Anime News Network ()
- A&G Ohio Press Release ()
- Live from Tokyo - a Documentary About Indie Music from Tokyo ()
- VIZ Cinema Explores Japan's Underground Music Scene in Live from Tokyo Rock Doc ()
- Ai-Kon Announces Winter Festival ()
- Viz Media Launches Free Viz Manga iPad App ()
- iVdopia's Interactive Mobile Video Ads on iPhone and Android Devices Drive DVD Sales for ‘Corpse Princess’ ()
- Konami Digital Entertainment Debuts New Ad Campaign for Yu-Gi-Oh! Trading Card Game Fall & Winter Releases ()
- Crunchyroll Delivers a Massive Dose of New and Free Anime ()
- London Anime Con Guests ()
- Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade 2010 ()
- Navarre Corporation Reports Second Quarter Results for Fiscal Year 2011 and Posts a 6% Net Sales Increase ()
- Viz Cinema Highlights Power & Prowess for November Film Schedule ()
- Club 2 the Max Announces Matsuri Summer Fest 2011 ()
- 91.8 The Fan's Weekly Schedule - Week of October 1st ()
When a manga's art is too complex to animate or a series has been on the air for a long time, artistic changes are bound to arise. Here are seven of the most striking shifts in a character's style. ― The transition from manga to anime isn't always a seamless process. Projects hire character designers to reinterpret static artwork into something that can be animated in a manageable way. This can mean...
This isekai adventure takes a turn for the slimy as its protagonist enters a fantasy world in perhaps the worst form possible. Theron Martin has the details. ― Isekai stories are pervasive in the Japanese light novel market these days, and stories where the world-jumping involves reincarnation with mind and memories intact are swiftly becoming more popular. We've already seen some odd twists on that ...
It's an original anime by Vampire Weekend frontman Ezra Koenig and famous actor Jaden Smith, along with a celebrity voice cast. What could possibly go wrong? Mike Toole investigates Netflix's latest original. ― They finally did it, folks: they animated Jaden Smith's Twitter account. That was what I thought after hearing Smith's character, Kaz, unwind the first of many bizarre pronouncements, in a bid...
just for fun
Zac and Jacob tackle Kenji Kamiyama's Napping Princess, plus the end of summer anime, new movies, and plenty of your questions! ― ANNCast Episode 306 - Nap Squad Zac and Jacob tackle Kenji Kamiyama's Napping Princess, plus the end of summer anime, new movies, and plenty of your questions! You can listen to the show on our player here, direct-download the MP3 version here, check out the show on Stitc...
Japan has an ocean of stage musicals based on anime, from Naruto to Sailor Moon - why don't they ever get released in the States? Justin considers the angles. ― Bunny asked: Sailor Moon's new musical cast were guests at a state anime convention, but I don't see it getting much further than that. We only have fansubs as a source, but I'd like to support it legally. I was wondering what would it take ...
The producer behind these anime-style action RPGs shares his inspirations as a developer and his ambitions for the simultaneous worldwide release of Code Vein! ― A long-time employee at Bandai Namco Entertainment, Yosuke Tomizawa is best known as the producer for the God Eater franchise. The God Eater games feature co-op multiplayer monster hunting within a story-focused experience. He is currently w...
So besides T&A, what is this season's Classroom of the Elite really about? Gabriella Ekens explores its takes on Nietzsche, Rousseau, and even other anime! ― What's the best way to organize society? How much power should be vested in the general population versus an elite leadership? And how should people be educated as to their best interests and true capabilities? Political philosophers have been m...
DBZ's saga comes to a close as heroes gather from across the universe to defeat Buu once and for all. Sam Leach dives into the conclusion to Toriyama's original epic. ― It's time for the final installment, not just of The Final Chapters, but of DBZ Kai as a whole. Before the recent movies and Dragon Ball Super, this was the definitive climax of Akira Toriyama's work. Appropriately, the Buu saga is ma...
Now that Re:CREATORS has concluded, did it live up to the promise of its premise? This week in anime, we break down where the series soared and where it sank. ― Now that Re:CREATORS has come to an end, did the show live up to the promise of its premise? This week in anime, Nick and Jacob break down where the series soared and where it sank. Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed by the particip...
The screenwriter behind next season's URAHARA offers insights about how anime fandom has changed over the years and how Crunchyroll is perceived within the industry. ― Natsuko Takahashi is a veteran writer in the anime industry, having worked on the screenplay for projects like Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo, Moyashimon, and Tokyo Magnitude 8.0. Although she wasn't officially announced as a gu...
Dustin gets wet and wild with the girls of Senran Kagura on the PS4, along with this week's biggest news and other new game releases! ― You may have heard that homebrew developers—hackers, if you're feeling nasty—found a fully emulated version of NES Golf on board every shipping Nintendo Switch. After seemingly endless mystery surrounding why the ROM was there, they eventually discovered how to activ...
This straight-to-Netflix shonen manga adaptation is finally available to own on home release! Rebecca Silverman finds out if it was worth the wait. ― After an initial run on Netflix, the anime adaptation of The Seven Deadly Sins has arrived on Blu Ray and DVD. This season, which covers roughly the first fifteen volumes of Nakaba Suzuki's original manga, is a combination of interesting references to t...
Sentai Filmworks made a big announcement about phasing out DVDs forever - but why? Justin has a few ideas... ― Jake asked: I was reading a recent article that stated Sentai Filmworks was essentially phasing out their DVD releases by 2019 and are primarily going to release Blu-ray only with a few exceptions. I know you have got this question in the past on who buys DVD's Vs. Blu-rays which seems to b...
One of anime's most prolific screenwriters discusses his legacy of work on Eureka Seven, Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, Ghost in the Shell, and what it takes to succeed as a writer in the industry. ― Dai Sato is one of anime's most prolific and accomplished screenwriters. He was the series composer for Eureka Seven and Ergo Proxy, and also wrote individual episodes for numerous series including Cowb...
Many anime revolve around the lives of otaku and other oddballs, but how many actually get their depictions right? Paul Jensen shares his best recommendations. ― The video game-themed comedy Gamers! has drawn a fair amount of attention this season, and not just for its wicked sense of humor. This show seems to have a strength that many anime series try and fail to obtain; it feels like Gamers really ...
Samus is back in this expansive, extensive remake of Game Boy original Metroid II, but can it capture that old Metroid feeling? Dustin suits up to find out... ― There's a lot of bombast to a title like Samus Returns. Not just a nod to the original Metroid II subhead, this is indeed the return of Samus after an interminable hiatus for the Metroid franchise. It's been thirteen years since the last 2D M...