Press Releases - August 2012
- Bandai Entertainment to Discontinue Sales of Home Video Products and Graphic Novels ()
- For The First Time Ever, Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series In Guatemala September 8-9th ()
- Viz Media Partners With Tout Industries To Give Neon Alley Members And Anime Fans A Fun New Way To Be Seen And Heard ()
- Media Alert: Love, Election and Chocolate starting this Thursday on Anime Network Online ()
- Sentai Filmworks Licenses "Love, Elections & Chocolate" ()
- The New Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series Season Kicks-Off In Toronto September 1st-2nd ()
- Otakon Members Once Again Step Up for Tsunami Relief ()
- Elements of Manga Style: A New Way Of Learning Manga Book Teaches the Japanese Drawing Style with a New Method ()
- AM2 Announces 2013 Dates And New Convention Model ()
- Freehand Launches A New Digital manga Biography Of Famed Japanese Comedian/Actor Rome Kanda At J-Pop Summit Festival 2012 ()
- All-Girl Japanese Punk Band the Akabane Vulgars Announces U.S. Tour ()
- Otakon In Conjunction with Studio Nasu to Produce First Ever Convention Video Game ()
- JManga releases Namori's "YuruYuri" ()
- Atlus Goes For The Gold(en) With Limited 'Persona 4 Golden: Solid Gold Premium Edition' For PS Vita; 10, 000 Units Will Be Produced ()
- Scotland Loves Anime 2012 Back for its Third Year and Bigger than Ever! ()
- Zipangu Fest Reveals Full Programme: Re-Scored Silent Classics, Animation, Experimental And Brzilians in Japan ()
- Go Crazy for Crazy Strike Bowling ()
- Mugen Souls Release Date Rescheduled For North America ()
- Viz Media Brings The High Seas Anime Pirate Adventure One Piece To Neon Alley This Fall ()
- KumoriCon Returns To Vancouver USA Over Labor Day Weekend ()
- 2012 J-Pop Summit Festival Invites Everyone To Tour San Francisco With New Evangelion 2.0 Voice Tour Guide Application For iPhone ()
- Akikazu Saito Named Yu-Gi-Oh! Trading Card Game World Champion In Tokyo, Japan ()
- The War on Terror Takes A Frightening Turn In The New Sci-Fi Novel Genocidal Organ From Viz Media's Haikasoru Imprint ()
- Polymanga Launches An International Competition To Find "The World's Best Artist" ()
- Japan's ‘Ultimate Air Band’ Release Exclusive Album for the UK ()
- 10 Reasons Why Alcon On 6-9 Sept Will Be Amazing - Anime, Cosplay Gaming & More! ()
- VGM Legend And FM Synth Pioneer Comes To Magfest 11 ()
- Reasons to Go To Alcon - Top Ten Countdown ()
- Nekocon Announces Continued Support Of Charity ShelterBox.org With A New Charity Event ()
- Sugo Toys Japan Met With Fan Enthusiasm ()
- Cladun™ X2 Launches Today On Steam ()
- Anime Midwest 2013 Comes To Hyatt Regency O'Hare ()
- STGCC Strikes With Competitive Gaming Content ()
- Global Yaoi Manga Publisher SuBLime Continues The Summer Sizzle With The Debut of Bond of Dreams, Bond of Love, and Starting With A Kiss ()
- Viz Media Expands Viz Manga App Interoperability To Include The Recently Released Google Nexus 7 ()
- 2nd Annual International Otaku Day ()
- A Revolution Is Coming ()
- 2012 J-Pop Summit Festival In S.F. Presents Edgy Japanese Fashion Events ()
- The Top 12 Things To Experience At Fan Expo Canada™ ()
- Fan Expo Canada™ Announes A Sneak Peek of Halo 4, The Biggest Video Game Release In History ()
- 2012 J-Pop Summit Festival Welcomes Japanese Actor/Comedian Rome Kanda for Special Apperance ()
- Blue Exorcist and Tales of Graces f feature on NEO 101's Double Cover ()
- Nintendo's Portable Game Lineup Offers Boundless Fun For Everyone in 2012 ()
- Section23 Films Announces November Slate ()
- Zipangu Fest Announces Lineup for Beyond Anime 2012 ()
- Wired Productions Bring Let's Fish! Hooked On To Playstation® Vita In Europe and The US ()
- Blue Exorcist and Tales of Graces f Feature on NEO 101's Double Cover ()
- Terror Cotta Presents Gyo: Tokyo Fish Attacks ()
- The World's Best Yu-Gi-Oh! Trading Card Game Players To Converge In Tokyo, Japan To Duel For The Title of World Champion ()
- Bunny Drop Releases Today In North America ()
- Japanese Educational Hero "Zeros" to Perform in Little Tokyo ()
- Persona 4 Arena, Already Among Japan's Best-Selling Fighting Games Of All Time, Now Available in North America For PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 Systems; Online Performance Patch Imminent For 360 Version ()
- Switchblade Pictures Licenses Oniroku Dan's The Slave Ship ()
- LiSA's Upcoming Single “crossing field” is Coming to America ()
- Viz Manga Digital Schedule Synchronizes Day-and-Date With Current Print Releases ()
- Join Konami Digital Entertainment At The Best Four Days In Gaming– Gen Con Indianopolis ()
- New-Wave J-Pop Band Budo Grape To Tour UK In October ()
- Aniplex of America Announces Durarara!! Limited Edition BD Lunch Box Set on October 30th, 2012 ()
- Watch Planzet For Your Chance To Win a Limited Edition Autographed Poster ()
- World Cosplay Summit U.K. Team Blog ()
- Anime USA Announces Video Game Orchestra ()
- Anime USA Announces Mix Speakers Inc. ()
- Anime USA Announces Jamie Noguchi ()
- Sentai Filmworks Licenses "Nakaimo ~ My Little Sister Is Among Them!" ()
- Reel Anime 2012 - A Special Event Release in Cinemas September 13-26 ()
- Crunchyroll Launches Streaming Anime And Asian Drama Application On Playstation®3 Systems Today ()
- Growlanser: Wayfarer Of Time, Highly Anticipated Strategy RPG For PSP System, Now Available Across North America ()
- Naoto Hiraoka Appointed As President And CEO Of Index Digital Media, Inc., (Atlus); Former Company Head Shinichi Suzuki Will Remain As Advisor Until October ()
- Nicholas Brendon To Attend Meta Con ()
- Man With A Mission/ First Stage at Japan Expo With Audience of 5000 ()
- Alcon 2012 ()
- Sentai Filmworks "Persona 4 The Animation" ()
Justin gets into some of the many reasons why an anime might jump to a different production studio between seasons. ― Jun asks: I noticed that sometimes a show with multiple seasons have different studios working on them. For instance, the first season of My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU is produced by studio Brain's Base while the second season was handled by studio feel. Why does this happen sometime...
Is this forgotten magical girl romcom from the '90s trash or treasure? Find out after the jump, along with a rundown of all this week's anime releases and a very Maison Ikkoku Shelf Obsessed! ― I live on the second floor of an apartment building, so it's always surprising when one of the neighborhood cats appears on my tiny balcony. I'm not sure if it somehow climbs the fire escape ladder or just ju...
Before its anime adaptation airs next season, is this isekai series worth reading? Rebecca Silverman has the answers. ― If you've ever wondered what exactly Konosuba is making fun of rather than mere genre specifics, take a peek at Patora Fuyuhara's In Another World with My Smartphone. That's not to say that this series is precisely the basis for Natsume Akatsuki's parody, but it is certainly closer ...
Mike devours the Sound! Euphonium and Legend of the Galactic Heroes novels and then can't help but compare them to their anime adaptations? Which is better: the book or the movie? ― You can tell what a big anime nerd I am because of all of the books I've been reading lately. Just in the past couple of months, I've killed off the first of Hayao Miyazaki's essential two-part essay collection, Starting ...
Shy Yamada falls for school track star Kase-san in the first volume of this sugary-sweet yuri series. Rebecca Silverman has the details. ― In the increasingly diverse world of English-language yuri, Hiromi Takashima's Kase-san and Morning Glories stands out as particularly adorable. While it shares some themes with Milk Morinaga's Secret of the Princess in terms of wondering if having a lesbian relat...
Sometimes your first kiss is magical, but if you're an anime character, this adolescent milestone can get too weird for comfort. Here are six first kisses that the smoochers might want to forget. ― A first kiss can be a special, a treasured moment shared between two romantic partners. Or it can be haphazardly stolen by some jerk trying to one-up his friend or caused by a pratfall down a flight of st...
My Monster Secret kicks into high gear with a pair of wild rambling adventures in its fifth volume. Nick Creamer digs into the action. ― The last two volumes of My Monster Secret have seen the manga drifting through a variety of chapter-length adventures, before settling into the more long-form and ultimately satisfying trip to Shiragami's parents' house. In light of the events of volume five, it see...
Zac and special guest Dawn from the Anime Nostalgia Podcast reveal their undying love for Rumiko Takahashi, titan of manga, creator of timeless classics like Urusei Yatsura, Ranma 1/2 and more. ― ANNCast Episode 300 - Rumiko Talkahashi Zac and special guest Dawn from the Anime Nostalgia Podcast reveal their undying love for Rumiko Takahashi, titan of manga, creator of timeless classics like Urusei Y...
We're not used to smash hit anime coming from China, but they have a bonafide success in The King's Avatar - here's everything you need to know about the phenomenon. ― It seems fair to say that every country has its own basic style or flavor of animation. When we think of Asian animated works, most of us go immediately to anime, the Japanese variant, and it certainly is among the most prevalent and a...
Ten years before Princess Elizabeth set out to find Meliodas and the other Sins, her older sister Margaret and Gilthunder struggle to keep a terrible secret in this prequel to The Seven Deadly Sins. Rebecca Silverman investigates. ― If you're a casual fan of Nakaba Suzuki's manga The Seven Deadly Sins or its anime adaptation, you should be aware that this novel is intended to be read either after the...