Press Releases - August 2012
- Bandai Entertainment to Discontinue Sales of Home Video Products and Graphic Novels ()
- For The First Time Ever, Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series In Guatemala September 8-9th ()
- Viz Media Partners With Tout Industries To Give Neon Alley Members And Anime Fans A Fun New Way To Be Seen And Heard ()
- Media Alert: Love, Election and Chocolate starting this Thursday on Anime Network Online ()
- Sentai Filmworks Licenses "Love, Elections & Chocolate" ()
- The New Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series Season Kicks-Off In Toronto September 1st-2nd ()
- Otakon Members Once Again Step Up for Tsunami Relief ()
- Elements of Manga Style: A New Way Of Learning Manga Book Teaches the Japanese Drawing Style with a New Method ()
- AM2 Announces 2013 Dates And New Convention Model ()
- Otakon In Conjunction with Studio Nasu to Produce First Ever Convention Video Game ()
- JManga releases Namori's "YuruYuri" ()
- Atlus Goes For The Gold(en) With Limited 'Persona 4 Golden: Solid Gold Premium Edition' For PS Vita; 10, 000 Units Will Be Produced ()
- Freehand Launches A New Digital manga Biography Of Famed Japanese Comedian/Actor Rome Kanda At J-Pop Summit Festival 2012 ()
- All-Girl Japanese Punk Band the Akabane Vulgars Announces U.S. Tour ()
- Scotland Loves Anime 2012 Back for its Third Year and Bigger than Ever! ()
- Zipangu Fest Reveals Full Programme: Re-Scored Silent Classics, Animation, Experimental And Brzilians in Japan ()
- Go Crazy for Crazy Strike Bowling ()
- Mugen Souls Release Date Rescheduled For North America ()
- Viz Media Brings The High Seas Anime Pirate Adventure One Piece To Neon Alley This Fall ()
- KumoriCon Returns To Vancouver USA Over Labor Day Weekend ()
- 2012 J-Pop Summit Festival Invites Everyone To Tour San Francisco With New Evangelion 2.0 Voice Tour Guide Application For iPhone ()
- Akikazu Saito Named Yu-Gi-Oh! Trading Card Game World Champion In Tokyo, Japan ()
- The War on Terror Takes A Frightening Turn In The New Sci-Fi Novel Genocidal Organ From Viz Media's Haikasoru Imprint ()
- Polymanga Launches An International Competition To Find "The World's Best Artist" ()
- Japan's ‘Ultimate Air Band’ Release Exclusive Album for the UK ()
- Nekocon Announces Continued Support Of Charity ShelterBox.org With A New Charity Event ()
- Sugo Toys Japan Met With Fan Enthusiasm ()
- 10 Reasons Why Alcon On 6-9 Sept Will Be Amazing - Anime, Cosplay Gaming & More! ()
- VGM Legend And FM Synth Pioneer Comes To Magfest 11 ()
- Reasons to Go To Alcon - Top Ten Countdown ()
- Cladun™ X2 Launches Today On Steam ()
- Anime Midwest 2013 Comes To Hyatt Regency O'Hare ()
- STGCC Strikes With Competitive Gaming Content ()
- Global Yaoi Manga Publisher SuBLime Continues The Summer Sizzle With The Debut of Bond of Dreams, Bond of Love, and Starting With A Kiss ()
- Viz Media Expands Viz Manga App Interoperability To Include The Recently Released Google Nexus 7 ()
- 2nd Annual International Otaku Day ()
- A Revolution Is Coming ()
- 2012 J-Pop Summit Festival In S.F. Presents Edgy Japanese Fashion Events ()
- The Top 12 Things To Experience At Fan Expo Canada™ ()
- Fan Expo Canada™ Announes A Sneak Peek of Halo 4, The Biggest Video Game Release In History ()
- Nintendo's Portable Game Lineup Offers Boundless Fun For Everyone in 2012 ()
- Section23 Films Announces November Slate ()
- 2012 J-Pop Summit Festival Welcomes Japanese Actor/Comedian Rome Kanda for Special Apperance ()
- Blue Exorcist and Tales of Graces f feature on NEO 101's Double Cover ()
- Zipangu Fest Announces Lineup for Beyond Anime 2012 ()
- Blue Exorcist and Tales of Graces f Feature on NEO 101's Double Cover ()
- Wired Productions Bring Let's Fish! Hooked On To Playstation® Vita In Europe and The US ()
- Terror Cotta Presents Gyo: Tokyo Fish Attacks ()
- The World's Best Yu-Gi-Oh! Trading Card Game Players To Converge In Tokyo, Japan To Duel For The Title of World Champion ()
- Bunny Drop Releases Today In North America ()
- Japanese Educational Hero "Zeros" to Perform in Little Tokyo ()
- Persona 4 Arena, Already Among Japan's Best-Selling Fighting Games Of All Time, Now Available in North America For PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 Systems; Online Performance Patch Imminent For 360 Version ()
- Switchblade Pictures Licenses Oniroku Dan's The Slave Ship ()
- LiSA's Upcoming Single “crossing field” is Coming to America ()
- Viz Manga Digital Schedule Synchronizes Day-and-Date With Current Print Releases ()
- Join Konami Digital Entertainment At The Best Four Days In Gaming– Gen Con Indianopolis ()
- New-Wave J-Pop Band Budo Grape To Tour UK In October ()
- Aniplex of America Announces Durarara!! Limited Edition BD Lunch Box Set on October 30th, 2012 ()
- Watch Planzet For Your Chance To Win a Limited Edition Autographed Poster ()
- Anime USA Announces Video Game Orchestra ()
- Anime USA Announces Mix Speakers Inc. ()
- Anime USA Announces Jamie Noguchi ()
- Sentai Filmworks Licenses "Nakaimo ~ My Little Sister Is Among Them!" ()
- Reel Anime 2012 - A Special Event Release in Cinemas September 13-26 ()
- World Cosplay Summit U.K. Team Blog ()
- Crunchyroll Launches Streaming Anime And Asian Drama Application On Playstation®3 Systems Today ()
- Growlanser: Wayfarer Of Time, Highly Anticipated Strategy RPG For PSP System, Now Available Across North America ()
- Naoto Hiraoka Appointed As President And CEO Of Index Digital Media, Inc., (Atlus); Former Company Head Shinichi Suzuki Will Remain As Advisor Until October ()
- Nicholas Brendon To Attend Meta Con ()
- Man With A Mission/ First Stage at Japan Expo With Audience of 5000 ()
- Alcon 2012 ()
- Sentai Filmworks "Persona 4 The Animation" ()
Loading next article...
Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo may rule the market now, but many other companies have tried their hand at breaking into the gaming console market. Here are just a few of the more notorious flops. ― Today's gaming scene is dominated by three major console manufacturers: Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo. The landscape is a lot different than when I was a kid, plugging away at Super Mario World on the SNES...
In advance of a second season, Gen Urobuchi and the master puppeteers at PiLi have delivered a movie recounting the villainous origins of the Screaming Phoenix Killer. Nick Creamer finds out if this series has lost any magic in film form. ― It was a great surprise to learn that Gen Urobuchi, star writer of hits like Madoka Magica and Fate/Zero, would be working on a collaborative series of Taiwanese ...
just for fun
It's not so relaxed anymore - Laid-Back Camp leaps up 8 PLACES on the chart to dominate this week in user episode rankings! ― Our team of reviewers are following 28 anime series of the Winter 2018 season and readers are rating each episode as the reviews go up. So let's have a look at what ANN readers consider the best (and worst) of the season. Keep in mind that these rankings are based on how peop...
They seem a lot more complex than regular DVD subtitles - how exactly do they get subtitles on bluray discs? Justin has the shockingly complex answer. ― John asked: What are the technical differences between creating subtitles for DVDs and Blu-ry Discs? And were HD-DVDs any better or worse? Subtitles are a pain in the ass. No other part of making a DVD or Blu-ray is as complicated, error-prone, or a...
Part II of our GAINAX tour charts the studio's late-80s rollercoaster ride through incredible success and heartbreaking failure with Nadia, Gunbuster, and The Wings of Honneamise. ― Welcome to Part II of our 4-part history of Studio Gainax. If you missed part I, you can find it right here! Studio GAINAX was one of the first studios to bring together merchandising and anime production under one roof. ...
To celebrate the upcoming Anime Awards, Crunchyroll is excited to announce its partnership with Twitch to exclusively livestream the awards ceremony, live from Hollywood. ― To celebrate the Anime Awards, Crunchyroll is excited to announce its partnership with Twitch to exclusively livestream the awards ceremony, live from Hollywood at at 6:00PM PST on Saturday, February 24th. Follow Crunchyroll's Tw...
Warner Bros. live-action FMA movie has finally arrived on Netflix to surprisingly little fanfare. We discover why this particular project didn't get the U.S. theatrical attention of its peers. ― Warner Bros. live-action FMA film has finally arrived on Netflix to surprisingly little fanfare. This week in anime, Nick and Jacob discover why this particular project didn't get the U.S. theatrical attentio...
Attack on Titan's Bryce Papenbrook and Kill la Kill's David Vincent sit down for a chat about their new approach to connecting fans and voice actors. ― Fans may recognize veteran voice actors Bryce Papenbrook (Attack on Titan, Sword Art Online) and David Vincent (Fate/Zero, Kill La Kill) from their work in a number of anime and video game series, but the two have a unique off-screen collaboration, as...
Heidi takes the Secret of Mana remake for a spin, plus Namco's Catalog IP project, Metal Gear Survive, Dragon Ball FighterZ DLC and a whole lot more! ― It's another one of those slow news weeks, which means I can take a bit of space in this column to babble about something I'm particularly interested in. This week, I've got the perfect excuse to talk about two things I really like: the mobile game Go...
The final arc in the Utena saga has arrived on blu-ray, alongside the opulent Adolescence of Utena film. Rebecca Silverman looks back on how this classic concluded. ― With this final arc of the Revolutionary Girl Utena narrative, the story throws all subtlety out the window. That's not strictly a negative in terms of getting the most out of everything the series has built up, because when the visuals...
Wow! Hundreds of millions of dollars are flowing into the anime industry thanks to streaming! Is any of that money going to the people who actually make anime? Justin gets into it. ― Custom Gundam asked: With ANN recently reporting that Crunchyroll royalties to the Japanese industry exceed US $100 million and also the huge amount recieved from global companies like Netflix and Amazon and also the va...
Take a journey back in time with Daryl Surat, when many people were introduced to anime through heartwarming films like My Neighbor Totoro and Grave of the Fireflies. But what forgotten gems lie sleeping in this long-ago year? ― Every so often, I get questions regarding what the value is in observing what works of popular culture remain worth watching, decades after their creation. But nearly three m...
This beloved 2000s megahit is the newest to get a live-action update to the big screen, now available on Netflix after its theatrical run in Japan. Theron Martin finds out if this movie can live up to fans' expectations. ― Fullmetal Alchemist was one of the most popular and successful anime/manga franchises of the 2000s, so the only surprise surrounding this live-action adaptation might be that it di...