Press Releases - August 2012
- Bandai Entertainment to Discontinue Sales of Home Video Products and Graphic Novels ()
- For The First Time Ever, Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series In Guatemala September 8-9th ()
- Viz Media Partners With Tout Industries To Give Neon Alley Members And Anime Fans A Fun New Way To Be Seen And Heard ()
- Media Alert: Love, Election and Chocolate starting this Thursday on Anime Network Online ()
- Sentai Filmworks Licenses "Love, Elections & Chocolate" ()
- The New Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series Season Kicks-Off In Toronto September 1st-2nd ()
- Otakon Members Once Again Step Up for Tsunami Relief ()
- Elements of Manga Style: A New Way Of Learning Manga Book Teaches the Japanese Drawing Style with a New Method ()
- AM2 Announces 2013 Dates And New Convention Model ()
- Otakon In Conjunction with Studio Nasu to Produce First Ever Convention Video Game ()
- JManga releases Namori's "YuruYuri" ()
- Atlus Goes For The Gold(en) With Limited 'Persona 4 Golden: Solid Gold Premium Edition' For PS Vita; 10, 000 Units Will Be Produced ()
- Freehand Launches A New Digital manga Biography Of Famed Japanese Comedian/Actor Rome Kanda At J-Pop Summit Festival 2012 ()
- All-Girl Japanese Punk Band the Akabane Vulgars Announces U.S. Tour ()
- Scotland Loves Anime 2012 Back for its Third Year and Bigger than Ever! ()
- Zipangu Fest Reveals Full Programme: Re-Scored Silent Classics, Animation, Experimental And Brzilians in Japan ()
- Go Crazy for Crazy Strike Bowling ()
- Mugen Souls Release Date Rescheduled For North America ()
- Viz Media Brings The High Seas Anime Pirate Adventure One Piece To Neon Alley This Fall ()
- KumoriCon Returns To Vancouver USA Over Labor Day Weekend ()
- 2012 J-Pop Summit Festival Invites Everyone To Tour San Francisco With New Evangelion 2.0 Voice Tour Guide Application For iPhone ()
- Akikazu Saito Named Yu-Gi-Oh! Trading Card Game World Champion In Tokyo, Japan ()
- The War on Terror Takes A Frightening Turn In The New Sci-Fi Novel Genocidal Organ From Viz Media's Haikasoru Imprint ()
- Polymanga Launches An International Competition To Find "The World's Best Artist" ()
- Japan's ‘Ultimate Air Band’ Release Exclusive Album for the UK ()
- 10 Reasons Why Alcon On 6-9 Sept Will Be Amazing - Anime, Cosplay Gaming & More! ()
- VGM Legend And FM Synth Pioneer Comes To Magfest 11 ()
- Reasons to Go To Alcon - Top Ten Countdown ()
- Nekocon Announces Continued Support Of Charity ShelterBox.org With A New Charity Event ()
- Sugo Toys Japan Met With Fan Enthusiasm ()
- A Revolution Is Coming ()
- Cladun™ X2 Launches Today On Steam ()
- Anime Midwest 2013 Comes To Hyatt Regency O'Hare ()
- STGCC Strikes With Competitive Gaming Content ()
- Global Yaoi Manga Publisher SuBLime Continues The Summer Sizzle With The Debut of Bond of Dreams, Bond of Love, and Starting With A Kiss ()
- Viz Media Expands Viz Manga App Interoperability To Include The Recently Released Google Nexus 7 ()
- 2nd Annual International Otaku Day ()
- The Top 12 Things To Experience At Fan Expo Canada™ ()
- Fan Expo Canada™ Announes A Sneak Peek of Halo 4, The Biggest Video Game Release In History ()
- 2012 J-Pop Summit Festival In S.F. Presents Edgy Japanese Fashion Events ()
- Section23 Films Announces November Slate ()
- 2012 J-Pop Summit Festival Welcomes Japanese Actor/Comedian Rome Kanda for Special Apperance ()
- Blue Exorcist and Tales of Graces f feature on NEO 101's Double Cover ()
- Nintendo's Portable Game Lineup Offers Boundless Fun For Everyone in 2012 ()
- Zipangu Fest Announces Lineup for Beyond Anime 2012 ()
- Blue Exorcist and Tales of Graces f Feature on NEO 101's Double Cover ()
- Wired Productions Bring Let's Fish! Hooked On To Playstation® Vita In Europe and The US ()
- Terror Cotta Presents Gyo: Tokyo Fish Attacks ()
- The World's Best Yu-Gi-Oh! Trading Card Game Players To Converge In Tokyo, Japan To Duel For The Title of World Champion ()
- Bunny Drop Releases Today In North America ()
- Japanese Educational Hero "Zeros" to Perform in Little Tokyo ()
- Persona 4 Arena, Already Among Japan's Best-Selling Fighting Games Of All Time, Now Available in North America For PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 Systems; Online Performance Patch Imminent For 360 Version ()
- Switchblade Pictures Licenses Oniroku Dan's The Slave Ship ()
- LiSA's Upcoming Single “crossing field” is Coming to America ()
- Viz Manga Digital Schedule Synchronizes Day-and-Date With Current Print Releases ()
- Join Konami Digital Entertainment At The Best Four Days In Gaming– Gen Con Indianopolis ()
- New-Wave J-Pop Band Budo Grape To Tour UK In October ()
- Aniplex of America Announces Durarara!! Limited Edition BD Lunch Box Set on October 30th, 2012 ()
- Watch Planzet For Your Chance To Win a Limited Edition Autographed Poster ()
- World Cosplay Summit U.K. Team Blog ()
- Anime USA Announces Video Game Orchestra ()
- Anime USA Announces Mix Speakers Inc. ()
- Anime USA Announces Jamie Noguchi ()
- Sentai Filmworks Licenses "Nakaimo ~ My Little Sister Is Among Them!" ()
- Reel Anime 2012 - A Special Event Release in Cinemas September 13-26 ()
- Alcon 2012 ()
- Sentai Filmworks "Persona 4 The Animation" ()
- Crunchyroll Launches Streaming Anime And Asian Drama Application On Playstation®3 Systems Today ()
- Growlanser: Wayfarer Of Time, Highly Anticipated Strategy RPG For PSP System, Now Available Across North America ()
- Naoto Hiraoka Appointed As President And CEO Of Index Digital Media, Inc., (Atlus); Former Company Head Shinichi Suzuki Will Remain As Advisor Until October ()
- Nicholas Brendon To Attend Meta Con ()
- Man With A Mission/ First Stage at Japan Expo With Audience of 5000 ()
You see delinquents and gang members of all stripes in anime high school - but are they really a thing in Japan? Justin gets into it. ― Kevin asked: Are gangs really prevalent among high schoolers (off the top of my head, gangs chasing Yusuke in YuYu, Baki, Shinici in Parasyte)? They do exist! They're not THAT prevalent, but they are definitely a prominent part of Japanese society. Every society has...
Naruto's son may be the protagonist of this next generation, but that doesn't mean he'd be the best at his father's job. Amy McNulty explains why Sasuke's daughter is more fit to lead the village instead. ― The original Naruto series stars a young boy with a big dream—the epitome of the Shonen Jump hero. Despite his rambunctious nature and lack of book smarts, Naruto Uzumaki longs to become his vill...
This queen-sized release is an excellent way to dive into a yuri manga that's a cut above the rest. Rose Bridges explores what makes Takako Shimura's creation so special. ― On the surface, Sweet Blue Flowers has all the setup for a classic yuri premise: an all-girls' school full of students blushing at each other, kissing in hallways and against library stacks. The outside world of compulsory heteros...
High school student Haruka Shinozaki enjoyed living such a respectable life. However, the girl he fell in love with wasn't so normal... ― My Girlfriend is Shobitch Official Website: http://majimesugiru-anime.jp/ Official Twitter: @shobicchi_anime Story Characters Cast & Staff Gallery Premiere Date: October 11, 2017 Streaming available at: Amazon Anime Strike Key Staff Director: Nobuyoshi Nagayama (H...
With the arrival of its second season, there's no better time to marathon this action-packed sci fi dramedy extravaganza! We make our case for BBB(&B) and share our hopes for its new season. ― With the arrival of its second season, Blood Blockade Battlefront & Beyond, there's no better time to marathon this action-packed NYC-themed sci fi dramedy extravaganza! This week in anime, Nick and Jacob make ...
This edgy otome game makes its way to English-speaking players on the PS Vita, along with more news on The Good Life and Fire Emblem Warriors. ― Yoko Taro said he hopes to someday make an adult video. Should this be surprising? I don't know. For all its existential despair, Nier: Automata kept things pretty sexy, with 2B's finely-sculpted robo-booty ready to peek out from under her skirt at any momen...
This adaptation of Noriko Ogiwara's novel series finally gives English-language fans a conclusion to the tale, but other aspects of its production have not aged well. Rebecca Silverman gets into the details. ― The title The Good Witch of the West may be familiar to you – back in the day, TokyoPop released the first six volumes of the manga and first two of Noriko Ogiwara's original novels in English....
Western anime fans sometimes carry around a lot of incorrect assumptions about Japanese society thanks to anime, but what can be done about that? ― Hiroki asked: I'm Japanese, and I'm wondering why so many Americans seem to analyze all of Japan through late-night anime that very few people watch. They get a lot of misconceptions, thinking that we won't kiss people we like because we're all shy, and ...
Chart the exciting highs and terrifying lows of Studio Gonzo, one of the most famous, controversial, pioneering (and occasionally frustrating) anime studios in history. ― GONZO is a name that all seasoned fans are acquainted with. That's not due to their longevity, since as a company founded in 1992 they're essentially an average, middle aged anime producer. And to be quite honest, it isn't because o...
This 3DCG mecha series from last spring has finally debuted on Netflix, but was it worth the wait? Theron Martin has the answers. ― What do you get when the creator/director for the Code Geass franchise teams up with the writer behind Gundam Build Fighters? This 12-episode original anime production, which aired in Japan during the Spring 2017 season. After many months of waiting, Netflix has made the...
The bloody war between the twelve warriors of the Zodiac begins... Who will be the last standing in the end? ― JUNI TAISEN: ZODIAC WAR Official Website: http://12taisen.com/ Official Twitter: @12taisen Introduction Story Characters Cast & Staff Gallery Premiere Date: October 3, 2017 Streaming available at: Crunchyroll (sub), Funimation (dub) Key Staff Director: Naoto Hosoda (The Future Diary, Minami...
This season delivered a truly unexpected reboot in the form of a new Kino's Journey anime, so we compare notes on these two versions, what's changed, and why. ― Well over a decade has passed since Kino's Journey was first adapted into anime, but this season brought us an unexpected remake with Kino's Journey - the Beautiful World-. This week in anime, Jacob and Steve compare notes on how the characte...
Platinum End’s third volume is its best yet, with a strong balance of tension and beauty. Nick Creamer dives into the action. ― In many ways, Platinum End feels like a rewrite of Death Note. From its death game premise to its fantastical but tightly constrained powers, focus on identity puzzles, and grim reflections on morality, many elements of Platinum End feel like a recalibration of Ohba's first ...