Press Releases - September 2007
- Anime Supercon (Nov. 30 - Dec. 2) Adds a Power Ranger Reunion, Rocky & Aisha Set to Appear ()
- NYComicCon Names Programming Director; Kids' Day on Sunday ()
- New York International Children's Film Festival: The Cat Returns, Oct 13 & 14 ()
- Viz Media Delivers This Halloween Four Horror Manga Releases, New Issue of Shojo Beat, and a Sponsored Night at a Haunted Attraction ()
- Right Stuf's ANIME TODAY Hits the Tokyo Game Show with Mike Lewis of Underland Online ()
- Bleach Blasts Its Way onto October's Newtype USA ()
- Toei Animation's Digimon Data Squad to Debut October 1 at 8:30 p.m. on Toon Disney's Jetix Block ()
- Dentsu Posts Extraordinary Income and Extraordinary Losses, etc. ()
- ADV Announces November 27 Titles ()
- Official Draglade™ Website Is Ready For Battle! ()
- Robotech® Returns to Palladium Books® ()
- Viz Media Brings Naruto Nation to Geoffrey's Birthday Party This Weekend as Part of Toy “R” Us Celebration at 585 Stores Nationwide ()
- Bandai Visual USA Continues to Release New Titles as Scheduled ()
- Imagi Animation Studios Enters into Global Distribution Agreement with Warner Bros. Pictures and The Weinstein Company ()
- ADV Announces November 20 Releases ()
- Yamato USA: Breathtaking Visions from Yamato ()
- Yamato USA: Project Dynamite ()
- Viz Media Licenses Edgy Shonen Jump Death Note Anime Series to Adult Swim ()
- Manga Entertainment-Upcoming Releases ()
- Barbican Film Japanimation 2007 - 2008 ()
- Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles to be shown in Tel Aviv on September 29 and 30 ()
- AZN Television: Lust, Caution Free Screening in NYC ()
- Viz Media Announces Impressive DVD Sales of Naruto the Movie: Ninja Clash in the Land of Snow ()
- GDH Announces Theatrical Release Date of Afro Samurai ()
- Now Shipping from Yamato USA ()
- Webcomic, Artist, and Podcast Guests Announced at NYAF ()
- Paul Dini on Board Imagi Animation Studios' “Gatchaman” ()
- NYTMF 2007 Tomorrow at Central Park ()
- ADV and Geneon Call off Strategic Alliance ()
- Nucleus Studios Upcoming Exhibition: Tender Succubus ()
- Awesome Anime Sale on ADVFilms.com to Celebrate 15th Anniversary ()
- Yamato USA Announces Preorders for TANDEM TWIN Animal Girls – Lynx (Ruby) Redux PVC Statue and Neon Genesis Evangelion Action Figures ()
- Giant Super Robot Invasion: Mech Marvels from Megazone 23, Groizer X, and Armored Trooper Votoms ()
- Organic Hobby USA: Space Adventure Cobra Collection Figure [30th Repaint Model] 5” ()
- Japan Fest, Sep. 29-30, Duluth, GA ()
- 2nd Anime Jungle Store's Grand Opening on September 29 and 30 ()
- Yamato Unveils Two New Master Creations from Yamato's Creators' Labo: #13 Air Gear – Simca & #14 Shunya Yamashita - Arisa ()
- Pokémon Announces New Season of Battle Road Tournaments ()
- AnimationInsider.net Interviews Fred Schodt, Author and Manga Scholar ()
- Schoolgirls and Mobilesuits Workshop at the Minneapolis College of Art and Design ()
- Infinite Ideas and Sweatdrop Studios Pioneer Self-Help Manga ()
- US Premiere of "Simoun" anime at Yuricon's "Yurisai" Event ()
- Think You Know Japanese Fashion? Blog at Popteen and Score Japan's Hottest Fashion Magazine! ()
- Viz Pictures Licenses Theatrical and DVD Rights to Live Action Death Note Films ()
- Growlanser: Heritage of War™ Now Shipping! ()
- TOKYOPOP and The Jim Henson Company Release Legends of The Dark Crystal:The Garthim Wars ()
- Salia and Psychic Lover performing Live at Akiba Fest J-Pop Halloween Concert Ball ()
- Organic Hobby USA: Revoltech Yotsuba & Revoltech Shin Getter 1 ()
- New York Anime Festival Anticipates Major Launch; New Show Defines its Role in Anticipation of Future Growth ()
- Odex Announces New Strategy to Reduce Anime Piracy ()
- The Asian Karaoke Idol Invitational (TAKII) 5 ~Shin Seiki (Neon Genesis)~ Announced: Expanding to 2 Days ()
- CASBAA cheers APEC ()
- Drift City Races to Live Service Launch at ijji.com ()
- MangaNext Announces Three More Guests ()
- Official Website for Ontamarama™ has Launched ()
- FUNimation Announces Special Guest Appearances during NCM Fathom's Anime Bento Festival ()
- ADV Announces Venus Vs. Virus, Blade of the Phantom Master for Nov. 13 ()
- Otaku University Releases Class Programming and Professor Information ()
- Right Stuf's ANIME TODAY Talks Conventions with AnimeCons.com Founder Patrick Delahanty ()
- Kevin Munroe Speaks about Gatchaman ()
- Yuri Manga Anthology "Yuri Monogatari 5" to Premiere at Yurisai Event ()
- NYTMF 2007 Updates ()
- Propeller TV Audiences Demand More Anime Network ()
- Organic Hobby USA: Patlabor ASUKA-MPL96 & ASUKA-SSL96 Taisyo – 6” PVC Figures ()
- “User Review” System added to DLSite.com English ()
- Viz Media Teams with Langer Juice for Naruto: Release Your Inner Ninja Sweepstakes Campaign ()
- AZN Television is Airing Three Award-Winning Films in September ()
- Sweatdrop Studios Releases 'Rising Stars of Manga' Podcast ()
- Guilty Gear XX Accent Core for the Playstation®2 Computer Entertainment System Hits Retailers Today ()
- Boombox Media Announces New Manga Anthology and Call for Submissions ()
- 4Kids.TV Relaunches in Conjunction with Sixth Season of 4Kids TV™ on Fox ()
- Story! Image! Figure! EX: Ikkitousen – Sonsaku Hakufu (Sitting): Yamato USA Online Shop Exclusive ()
- Right Stuf & Kadokawa Pictures USA Unveil Art Box & Puzzles for The Third, DVD Vol. 3 L.E. ()
- Pokémon Trading Card Game Unveils Never-Before Released Forces With Secret Wonders Expansion ()
- Uzumasa Sengoku Festival Announced ()
- Critical Mass Video and Adult Source Media Team Up to Fight Illegal Downloads of Licensed Properties ()
- Update about NYTMF 2007 tickets ()
- ADV Announces New Gantz Collection, Final Guyver & More: Nov 6 Releases ()
- Reactor Expands Pop Culture With Newest Addition of Interactive Guests ()
- 4Kids TV™ Celebrates Sixth Season on Fox with Action-Packed Fall Line-Up ()
- EMI Classics Announces First Ever Video Games Live Album ()
- Middle Tennessee Anime Convention (MTAC) Announces Opening of Pre-Registration for 2008 Event, MTAC Infinity ()
- Japanese Fantasy Film Premiere ()
- ADV Announces Air TV Volume 3 for October 30 ()
- Stone Bridge Press Releases Anime Classics Zettai ()
- NYTMF 2007: New York, Tokyo, Hip Hop, Fashion, Art, and Skate ()
- Imagi Announces New Appointment: Yan Chen, Lead CG Supervisor on Astro Boy ()
- Nekocon Returns to Hampton Roads for Tenth Year ()
- VIZ Media Announces English Dub Cast for Death Note Anime Series ()
- Image Entertainment Announces Hiring of Three Film Industry Veterans, Steven DeMille, Steve Saltman and J. Beck ()
- New Mobile Wallpapers Launch along with Popular Anime Series, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya ()
- Yaoi Magazine Provides a Home to Global Fans ()
What did this anime about fictional characters confronting their makers have to say about the creative process? This week in anime, we tackle the conclusion of Sota and Altair's story. ― Re:CREATORS is a story about fictional characters meeting the people who created them, but just how far does its metafictional rabbit hole go? This week in anime, Micchy and Steve follow Sota and Altair's tale all th...
To call the end of Danganronpa "shocking" would be an understatement! Jacob Chapman takes on the controversial final chapter in this SPOILER-FREE review. ― Prior to the release of this (second?) conclusion to the main Danganronpa trilogy, series creator Kazutaka Kodaka was emphatic in several interviews that this "new semester" would be completely open to newcomers. While it would bring closure to th...
It may never grab the spotlight like other long-running JRPG series, but the Ys games have a long legacy and a strong pedigree. With a new game on the horizon, here's everything a beginner needs to know. ― At one time a premier role-playing franchise that stood toe-to-toe against the likes of Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest, a variety of factors prevented Nihon Falcom's Ys from achieving the mainstrea...
It's an original anime by Vampire Weekend frontman Ezra Koenig and famous actor Jaden Smith, along with a celebrity voice cast. What could possibly go wrong? Mike Toole investigates Netflix's latest original. ― They finally did it, folks: they animated Jaden Smith's Twitter account. That was what I thought after hearing Smith's character, Kaz, unwind the first of many bizarre pronouncements, in a bid...
You see it in the credits of anime blurays and DVDs all the time - but what does "video post-production" actually entail? Justin has the answer. ― Craig asked: Just finished watching the third Berserk film, The Advent and in the credits I saw your name. for Video post production. What exactly do you do in terms of post production(clean up, video/audio compression, restoration?)? Do all companies who...
Paul Jensen takes a look at the long-awaited blu-ray of Kyoto Animation's unusual mystery series, along with a rundown of this week's new anime releases! ― I went to a screening of Lupin III: The Castle of Cagliostro last week. It was my first time seeing the movie, and I have to say it was a blast. If you're a Lupin fan or are interested in Hayao Miyazaki's early work as a director, it's definitely...
One of the most compelling adventures in the Haruhi saga finally arrives on Blu-ray! Nick Creamer takes a look at this uniquely engrossing film. ― After the madcap adventures and slapstick comedy of Haruhi Suzumiya's first two seasons, the anime series was capped off with a film unlike anything that had come before. Somber, slow-paced, and introspective, The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya represent...
Mike's quest for unlicensed anime leads him to the strange case of "I Give My All", a racy OVA from the 80s that was very nearly released here... until it wasn't! ― As part of the work I do with the Discotek gang, I occasionally work on some cool shows that were once licensed, but never really released on video in the west—you know, the really good anime, like Fighting Foodons. As the years pass, the...
The inimitable screenwriter behind Hanasaku Iroha, anohana, and Anthem of the Heart just released her autobiography. Kim Morrissy shares the recent director's enlightening story. ― Mari Okada recently became a topic of discussion when it was announced that she was directing an original anime film at P.A. Works. For many, this news came as a surprise, because unlike most anime directors, Okada has no ...
These episodic adventures of modern, everyday witches are charming if a little light on lasting impact. Theron Martin delves into Generation Witch. ― Witches as commonly portrayed in anime and manga – flying around on a broomstick sporting a long pointy hat – are decidedly a Western phenomenon, but that hasn't prevented them from popping up in Japanese media on a regular basis over the years. Generat...
School is back in session for the fall, but you'd better hope your new instructors aren't anything like these terrible tutors! ― It's the final week of summer, although most retail stores skipped straight to pumpkin season a few weeks ago. Deny it all you want, but the back-to-school grind is here which means notebooks, packed community college parking lots, and a handful of new instructors trying t...
Despite being a far-flung film prequel to its source material, No Game No Life Zero might just outshine the original TV series. Kim Morrissy breaks down what makes this movie shine. ― No Game No Life Zero isn't like the No Game No Life you've seen before. It takes all the interesting themes of the original TV series and peels away all the fanservice and frivolities, resulting in a tonally different n...
Ichiro Inuyashiki, a dull-looking elderly employee who has been diagnosed with terminal cancer, is struck by a UFO falling from the sky and reborn with a mechanical body. ― INUYASHIKI LAST HERO Official Website: http://www.inuyashiki-project.com/ Official Twitter: @inu_noitamina Official Facebook: https://ja-jp.facebook.com/inuyashiki/ Introduction Characters Cast & Staff Gallery Premiering on Octob...