Press Releases - July 2007
- Infinity Studios, LLC Announces Online Pre-Ordering Option ()
- Sonny Strait to be the Guest of Honor at Yasumicon 2007 ()
- JaniCon Press Release 7/30/2007 ()
- New York Anime Festival Welcomes Kobun Shizuno and Aimee Major Steinberger ()
- Regional Winners of Animax Awards Unveiled ()
- Newtype USA features the hit show Code Geass ()
- Voice Bank Delivers Manga for iPhone Users in the US ()
- FUNimation Entertainment Announces Acquisition of Anime Movie Vexille ()
- FUNimation Entertainment Moves into Live-Action Distribution in Acquiring Rights to Three New Titles ()
- Matsuriza To Perform At Opening Ceremonies For Anime Festival Orlando 8 ()
- GDH and TV Bank to Provide Popular Anime Programs to Yahoo! Streaming ()
- Kona to Host 2007 Pokémon Trading Card Game World Championships ()
- Washington, D.C.'s Japan! Festival Update ()
- Fans Can Be One of the First to Play Naruto™: Clash of Ninja™ Revolution at San Diego Comic-Con and Have a Chance to Win a Wii™ ()
- Funimation Entertainment Announces November Release of First Blu-Ray Title ()
- Anime Bento Festival Serves Up Four Nights of the Freshest Anime Titles on the Big Screen ()
- More Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya T-Shirts Available Fall 2007 ()
- Viz Media Brings Naruto Nation™ to 2007 Comic-Con International ()
- "Starz Inside," a New Series of Specials Offers Monthly Originals Starting in September ()
- ImaginAsian TV Adds Three New Series to Popular Anime Block "Anime EnerG" ()
- Tokyopop Proudly Presents… Star Trek®: the Manga - Kakan Ni Shinkou ()
- Eminence Rocks Japan ()
- Nagoya Pop Sensation Budo Grape Adds " Otonatachi x Kodomotachi" to JapanFiles.Com ()
- Tokyopop and Video Games Live™ Announce Exclusive Marketing Partnership ()
- Planetwide Media Launches TOKYOPOP MANGA Creator™ Interactive Software at the 2007 San Diego Comic-Con July 25-29, 2007 ()
- GDH Announces GONZO Rosso's Newly Licensed Online Game from Korea ()
- Udon's Art of Capcom® Premieres at Summer Conventions ()
- San Diego Comic-Con: Score and Southern Island ()
- Bleach™ Trading Card Game Continues Strong with the Soul Society Expansion Set ()
- Award-Winning Hollow Fields Manga Goes Back to Press ()
- Kotobukiya Announces Plans for SDCC: Star Wars and Evangelion Exclusives ()
- DC Anime Club's Shoujo Day ()
- Madman Means Tokyopop ()
- Connichi 2007: JETIX Presents Savi Yeatman-Eiffel (Oban Star Racers) ()
- Bandai Visual USA Launches Dot-Anime Web Site for Anime Fans In North America ()
- Anime Festival Wichita 3 – EGL Tea Added to Final Schedule; Win a Pair of Dinner Tickets ()
- Organic Hobby USA: B-ATM-03 Funny Devil 5 ½” PVC/ABS/PC Figure ()
- San Diego Comic-Con: Score and Southern Island ()
- Growlanser: Heritage of War to be True Limited Edition Release ()
- Right Stuf's Anime Today Talks Astro Boy & Tezuka with Writer & Manga Historian Frederik L. Schodt ()
- ADV Announces Three New Acquisitions at Otakon ()
- Anime Supercon adds superstar comic book artist Gene Ha to the Nov.30-Dec.2, 2007 show ()
- Organic Hobby USA: Bukatsu [GotoP-Chapter 1] Collection Figure – 4” ()
- VIZ Media Announces Exciting and Diverse Array of New Manga Series for Third Quarter of 2007 ()
- 801 Media: Anime Expo Wrap-Up ()
- Organic Hobby USA: Street Fighter Zero 3 “Cammy” [Pink & Blue Version] – 10” PVC Figures ()
- Pokémon Announces U.S. National Championships Winners ()
- EigoMANGA Produces Japanese Music Radio Show for Satellite Radio ()
- VIZ Media Welcomes Shojo Manga Creator, Offers Gaming Activities, Panels, Screenings For Comic-Con International ()
- Udon: Street Fighter Vol.4 Bonus Stage ()
- Organic Hobby USA: T.O.P Collection OVA Getter 1 & Mazinger Z 6 ½” PVC Figures ()
- Del Rey Manga at San Diego Comic-Con 2007 ()
- Rinkya Conquers Space and Time with New Auto-Bid Innovation ()
- Organic Hobby USA: Revoltech New Movie Edition Evangelion Positron Rifle & ESW Shield Set ()
- Alternative Japanese Hard Rock Band "Head Phones President" Blends Power Chords and Female Vocals ()
- Scion "Descends" into the Anime World with $500 Anime T-shirt Contest ()
- MySpace and TOKYOPOP Team Up to Premiere Four New Shows ()
- Otaku University Inc.: Free Event Shirts ()
- Region Free Hosting Online Shikishi Auction ()
- Organic Hobby USA: Trinity Blood-Esther Blanchett 8 ~ 9” PVC Figure ()
- VIZ Media Welcomes Shojo Manga Artist Arina Tanemura at 2007 Comic-Con and In Shojo Beat™ ()
- Otaku University Inc.: Call For Fashion Designers, Performers, Bands, Artists, Film Makers And Directors ()
- Destineer's ‘Fullmetal Alchemist® Trading Card Game’ for Nintendo DS™ Ships to Stores ()
- ORESKABAND to Release 1st US LP ()
- Stone Bridge Press Releases the Art of Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles ()
- Funimation Joins with TotalVid to Make Top Anime Series ()
- Atlus U.S.A., Inc. Announces Shin Megami Tensei®: Persona 3 Website Launch ()
- Atlus USA Announces Trauma Center: New Blood for Wii ()
- Riviera: The Promised Land Now Shipping across North America ()
- Atlus USA announces Ontamarama for Nintendo DS ()
- Atlus USA announces Draglade for Nintendo DS ()
- Atlus USA announces Touch Detective 2 1/2 for Nintendo DS ()
- Namco Bandai Serves Up Smash Court Tennis 3 to Retail Stores ()
- Atlus U.S.A., Inc. Launches Official Website for Luminous Arc ()
- Kodansha to Publish Megatokyo in Japan ()
- Viz Media Europe Appoints Two New Executives ()
- Organic Hobby USA: Brave Gokin 09 - Griffon Type-J9 (Flight Unit Version) Figure ()
- FUNimation Entertainment and Gibson Guitars Beck Sweepstakes ()
- “Caged Bird” Released on DLSite.com ()
- ADV Announces September 11 Releases—Xenosaga ()
- Catblue Dynamite to Premiere at New York Anime Festival ()
- Yaoi Press Starts Fan Convention ()
- Yoko Ishida and FICE Performing Live at Akiba Fest J-Pop Summer Concert Bash ()
- Scion National Anime T-shirt Contest: Design Scion's Official T-Shirt ()
- Seven Seas Artist Wins International Manga Award ()
- Organic Hobby USA: Real Artwork Series - Cobra 3D Polyresin Poster Art ()
- Right Stuf's Anime Today: Anime Expo 2007 Special! ()
- Sega to release Bleach on the Wii and Nintendo DS ()
- Go! Comi Announces Kamisama Kazoku, Other New Manga Licenses ()
- Go! Comi Launches Wendy Pini's “Masque of the Red Death” Webcomic ()
- Organic Hobby USA: ATM-FX1 Calamity Dog [Blue Version] Zerberus VR-MAXIMA, Brave Gokin 10 - Gyakuten-Oh Figures ()
- ADV Announces September 4 Releases ()
- Weekly Releases from Adult Source Media ()
- Anime Expo® - Transforms ()
- Anime Expo®'s Masquerade-Biggest Ever! ()
- Anime Expo® Continues to Amaze ()
- Organic Hobby USA: Revoltech EVA-01 TYPE G & EVA-00 (New Movie Editions) ()
- Anime Expo® Hits Record Highs in Attendance ()
It's an original anime by Vampire Weekend frontman Ezra Koenig and famous actor Jaden Smith, along with a celebrity voice cast. What could possibly go wrong? Mike Toole investigates Netflix's latest original. ― They finally did it, folks: they animated Jaden Smith's Twitter account. That was what I thought after hearing Smith's character, Kaz, unwind the first of many bizarre pronouncements, in a bid...
just for fun
Zac and Jacob tackle Kenji Kamiyama's Napping Princess, plus the end of summer anime, new movies, and plenty of your questions! ― ANNCast Episode 306 - Nap Squad Zac and Jacob tackle Kenji Kamiyama's Napping Princess, plus the end of summer anime, new movies, and plenty of your questions! You can listen to the show on our player here, direct-download the MP3 version here, check out the show on Stitc...
Japan has an ocean of stage musicals based on anime, from Naruto to Sailor Moon - why don't they ever get released in the States? Justin considers the angles. ― Bunny asked: Sailor Moon's new musical cast were guests at a state anime convention, but I don't see it getting much further than that. We only have fansubs as a source, but I'd like to support it legally. I was wondering what would it take ...
The producer behind these anime-style action RPGs shares his inspirations as a developer and his ambitions for the simultaneous worldwide release of Code Vein! ― A long-time employee at Bandai Namco Entertainment, Yosuke Tomizawa is best known as the producer for the God Eater franchise. The God Eater games feature co-op multiplayer monster hunting within a story-focused experience. He is currently w...
So besides T&A, what is this season's Classroom of the Elite really about? Gabriella Ekens explores its takes on Nietzsche, Rousseau, and even other anime! ― What's the best way to organize society? How much power should be vested in the general population versus an elite leadership? And how should people be educated as to their best interests and true capabilities? Political philosophers have been m...
DBZ's saga comes to a close as heroes gather from across the universe to defeat Buu once and for all. Sam Leach dives into the conclusion to Toriyama's original epic. ― It's time for the final installment, not just of The Final Chapters, but of DBZ Kai as a whole. Before the recent movies and Dragon Ball Super, this was the definitive climax of Akira Toriyama's work. Appropriately, the Buu saga is ma...
Now that Re:CREATORS has concluded, did it live up to the promise of its premise? This week in anime, we break down where the series soared and where it sank. ― Now that Re:CREATORS has come to an end, did the show live up to the promise of its premise? This week in anime, Nick and Jacob break down where the series soared and where it sank. Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed by the particip...
The screenwriter behind next season's URAHARA offers insights about how anime fandom has changed over the years and how Crunchyroll is perceived within the industry. ― Natsuko Takahashi is a veteran writer in the anime industry, having worked on the screenplay for projects like Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo, Moyashimon, and Tokyo Magnitude 8.0. Although she wasn't officially announced as a gu...
Dustin gets wet and wild with the girls of Senran Kagura on the PS4, along with this week's biggest news and other new game releases! ― You may have heard that homebrew developers—hackers, if you're feeling nasty—found a fully emulated version of NES Golf on board every shipping Nintendo Switch. After seemingly endless mystery surrounding why the ROM was there, they eventually discovered how to activ...
This straight-to-Netflix shonen manga adaptation is finally available to own on home release! Rebecca Silverman finds out if it was worth the wait. ― After an initial run on Netflix, the anime adaptation of The Seven Deadly Sins has arrived on Blu Ray and DVD. This season, which covers roughly the first fifteen volumes of Nakaba Suzuki's original manga, is a combination of interesting references to t...
Sentai Filmworks made a big announcement about phasing out DVDs forever - but why? Justin has a few ideas... ― Jake asked: I was reading a recent article that stated Sentai Filmworks was essentially phasing out their DVD releases by 2019 and are primarily going to release Blu-ray only with a few exceptions. I know you have got this question in the past on who buys DVD's Vs. Blu-rays which seems to b...
One of anime's most prolific screenwriters discusses his legacy of work on Eureka Seven, Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, Ghost in the Shell, and what it takes to succeed as a writer in the industry. ― Dai Sato is one of anime's most prolific and accomplished screenwriters. He was the series composer for Eureka Seven and Ergo Proxy, and also wrote individual episodes for numerous series including Cowb...
Many anime revolve around the lives of otaku and other oddballs, but how many actually get their depictions right? Paul Jensen shares his best recommendations. ― The video game-themed comedy Gamers! has drawn a fair amount of attention this season, and not just for its wicked sense of humor. This show seems to have a strength that many anime series try and fail to obtain; it feels like Gamers really ...
Samus is back in this expansive, extensive remake of Game Boy original Metroid II, but can it capture that old Metroid feeling? Dustin suits up to find out... ― There's a lot of bombast to a title like Samus Returns. Not just a nod to the original Metroid II subhead, this is indeed the return of Samus after an interminable hiatus for the Metroid franchise. It's been thirteen years since the last 2D M...
What did this anime about fictional characters confronting their makers have to say about the creative process? This week in anime, we tackle the conclusion of Sota and Altair's story. ― Re:CREATORS is a story about fictional characters meeting the people who created them, but just how far does its metafictional rabbit hole go? This week in anime, Micchy and Steve follow Sota and Altair's tale all th...
To call the end of Danganronpa "shocking" would be an understatement! Jacob Chapman takes on the controversial final chapter in this SPOILER-FREE review. ― Prior to the release of this (second?) conclusion to the main Danganronpa trilogy, series creator Kazutaka Kodaka was emphatic in several interviews that this "new semester" would be completely open to newcomers. While it would bring closure to th...
It may never grab the spotlight like other long-running JRPG series, but the Ys games have a long legacy and a strong pedigree. With a new game on the horizon, here's everything a beginner needs to know. ― At one time a premier role-playing franchise that stood toe-to-toe against the likes of Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest, a variety of factors prevented Nihon Falcom's Ys from achieving the mainstrea...