Press Releases - February 2009
- Viz Media at Wonder Con Booth #835 ()
- Upper Deck Forced to Discontinue Support ()
- Aniplex Announces the US Premiere of “The Garden of Sinners (Kara no Kyoukai) –Paradox Paradigm-” on May 22, at Anime Boston ()
- Krazy Exhibition at the Japan Society in New York ()
- Viz Media Releases Blue Dragon on Xbox Live ()
- Defendants Agree to $600,000 Consent Judgment in Counterfeit Final Fantasy Merchandise Lawsuit ()
- Pop Japan Travel Announces Exclusive Meeting with Legenday Yaoi Creator, Makoto Tateno ()
- Spreading Yaoi Across the Internet ()
- Crunchyroll to Particpate in Global Shinkai Day ()
- Appliya Releases Evangelion Clock and Picture Stamp for iPhone and iPod Touch ()
- Duelist Pack – Yusei ()
- Viz Media's Blue Dragon Anime Now Available on the iTunes Store ()
- Funimation Entertainment Acquires El Cazador De La Bruja ()
- Funimation Entertainment Acquires My Bride Is A Mermaid from Media Net ()
- Appliya Brings Evangelion to the iPhone ()
- Screening of My Neighbor Totoro at the ToonSeum in Pittsburgh This Sunday ()
- Sakura-Con Announces Three New Guests ()
- Evangelion: 1.0 Selected for AFI Dallas 2009 ()
- Udon Presents Silent Möbius: Complete Edition ()
- Funimation Entertainment Acquires Blassreiter from GDH ()
- Funimation Entertainment Acquires Dragonaut from GDH ()
- Funimation Entertainment Acquires Tower of Druaga from GDH ()
- Funimation Entertainment Acquires Bamboo Blade from D. Rights ()
- Atlus Discusses the Exclusive New Level in Legacy of Ys: Books I & II for Nintendo DS™ ()
- Devparade's New Single, "Bacchikoi!!!" -Ending Theme from Naruto- ()
- CMXTRA 6 ()
- Atlus Launches Website and Trailer for Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner 2: Raidou Kuzunoha Vs. King Abaddon for PlayStation®2 Computer Entertainment System ()
- Crunchyroll to Simulcast Upcoming Naruto Shippuden #97 ()
- Funimation Entertainment Announces Cast of Big Windup ()
- Right Stuf's Nozomi Entertainment to Release Season 4 of Maria Watches Over Us (Maria-sama ga Miteru) ()
- Digital Music Forum East: NYT Special Discount! + Showcase Opportunity ()
- Anime Expo® Announces Morning Musume as First Official Guests of Honor for 2009 Convention in Los Angeles ()
- Right Stuf Proclaims 2009-2010 the “Year of the Otaku” ()
- Atlus Delivers an Experience Unlike Any Other with Knights in the Nightmare for Nintendo DS ()
- Sanrio Digital Wins 5 Best Digital Entertainment Awards ()
- FUNimation Announces Directors and Cast for Romeo X Juliet ()
- FUNimation Entertainment Adds More Exclusive Content to New Video Portal ()
- Dentsu Inc. Enters into an Agreement for the Purchase of Toy Brand Chub City ()
- Castle Point Anime Convention ()
- Atlus Spoils the Dark Spire™ for Nintendo DS™, to Include Bonus Soundtrack CD with Every Launch Copy ()
- Crunchyroll Reaches Another Historic Milestone and Joins the Association of Japanese Animations (AJA) ()
- Bandai Entertainment to Release Gundam 00 Manga ()
- Free Anime Film Screening at the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston ()
- Viz Media Announces New Manga Series from Rumiko Takahashi ()
- Wacom Asia Pacific Community Announces The Original Wacom Mobile Suit Design Contest ()
- Society for the Promotion of Japanese Animation (SPJA) Announces a Call for Entries for the 2009 SPJA Industry Awards ()
- Atlus Welcomes New Demon Overlords with RPG/SRPG Hybrid Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor for Nintendo DS ()
- Tokyopop and Big Tent Entertainment Announce Domo Global Manga Debut ()
- Navarre Corporation Reports Financial Results for Third Quarter of Fiscal Year 2009 ()
- Atlus Announces 101 Games Costing Less than 20 Cents Each: 101-in-1 Explosive Megamix™ for Nintendo DS™ ()
- The Most Self-Confident RPG of 2009, My World My Way for Nintendo DS, Demands You Find It Today in Retailers across North America ()
- Viz Media Dominates 2008 BookScan Top 20 Graphic Novel List ()
- Atlus Busts Out with Super Robot Taisen Original Generation Saga: Endless Frontier for Nintendo DS ()
- Online Video Shaping the Future of TV ()
- Anime Expo® Launches Japanese Version of Official Site ()
- Atlus Launches Atlus Online, a Daily Destination for Community-Focused Gaming, Interactive Entertainment ()
- It's Boy Meets Girl – And Another Girl – in Viz Media Debut of I”s DVD Box Set ()
- Atlus Supercomputer Suffers Catastrophic Failure; A Few Game Release Dates Slightly Affected ()
- Free Anime Film Screening at the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston ()
- Adult Source Media Presents Hentai Express ()
- TED Conference Introduces TED Fellows Program ()
- Atlus Decides to Take Friendship-Destroying on the Road, Announces Dokapon Journey for Nintendo DS ()
- Legendary Voice Actor Tohru Furuya to Visit Europe for the First Time in June ()
- Reed Exhibitions to Launch Major Comic and Pop Culture Event in Downtown Chicago ()
- Uclick® Delivers Sci-Fi Manga Guilstein, Now on iPhone and iPod Touch ()
- Naruto Trek - Major Site Update ()
Loading next article...
Warner Bros. live-action FMA movie has finally arrived on Netflix to surprisingly little fanfare. We discover why this particular project didn't get the U.S. theatrical attention of its peers. ― Warner Bros. live-action FMA film has finally arrived on Netflix to surprisingly little fanfare. This week in anime, Nick and Jacob discover why this particular project didn't get the U.S. theatrical attentio...
Attack on Titan's Bryce Papenbrook and Kill la Kill's David Vincent sit down for a chat about their new approach to connecting fans and voice actors. ― Fans may recognize veteran voice actors Bryce Papenbrook (Attack on Titan, Sword Art Online) and David Vincent (Fate/Zero, Kill La Kill) from their work in a number of anime and video game series, but the two have a unique off-screen collaboration, as...
Heidi takes the Secret of Mana remake for a spin, plus Namco's Catalog IP project, Metal Gear Survive, Dragon Ball FighterZ DLC and a whole lot more! ― It's another one of those slow news weeks, which means I can take a bit of space in this column to babble about something I'm particularly interested in. This week, I've got the perfect excuse to talk about two things I really like: the mobile game Go...
The final arc in the Utena saga has arrived on blu-ray, alongside the opulent Adolescence of Utena film. Rebecca Silverman looks back on how this classic concluded. ― With this final arc of the Revolutionary Girl Utena narrative, the story throws all subtlety out the window. That's not strictly a negative in terms of getting the most out of everything the series has built up, because when the visuals...
Wow! Hundreds of millions of dollars are flowing into the anime industry thanks to streaming! Is any of that money going to the people who actually make anime? Justin gets into it. ― Custom Gundam asked: With ANN recently reporting that Crunchyroll royalties to the Japanese industry exceed US $100 million and also the huge amount recieved from global companies like Netflix and Amazon and also the va...
Take a journey back in time with Daryl Surat, when many people were introduced to anime through heartwarming films like My Neighbor Totoro and Grave of the Fireflies. But what forgotten gems lie sleeping in this long-ago year? ― Every so often, I get questions regarding what the value is in observing what works of popular culture remain worth watching, decades after their creation. But nearly three m...
This beloved 2000s megahit is the newest to get a live-action update to the big screen, now available on Netflix after its theatrical run in Japan. Theron Martin finds out if this movie can live up to fans' expectations. ― Fullmetal Alchemist was one of the most popular and successful anime/manga franchises of the 2000s, so the only surprise surrounding this live-action adaptation might be that it di...
Citrus has turned a few heads with its incestuous twist on lesbian romance. We suss out whether this makes for a juicy love story or just sour pulp. ― Citrus has turned a few heads with its incestuous twist on lesbian romance. This week in anime, Michelle and Steve suss out whether this makes for a juicy love story or just sour pulp. Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed by the participants in...
Hiromu Arakawa's pastoral drama about the highs and lows of farm living at an agricultural college is a far cry from Fullmetal Alchemist, but just as rewarding. Rebecca Silverman has the details. ― Hiromu Arakawa's agricultural coming of age tale's anime adaptation reached English-speakers long before now, which makes it feel like a real treat to finally get the chance to read the manga. Based roughl...
just for fun
Vice wants his next costume to reel in the ladies, but he's fresh out of sexy ideas. Thankfully, Perry has some great advice! ―
Paul discovers a hidden gem in a surprisingly lazy package with this lovely slice-of-life comedy. Plus, all this week's new anime releases and a brand-new Shelf Obsessed! ― I've been working on putting together a Star Wars model kit recently, and holy heck that process is easier if you have a decent set of the appropriate tools. It's almost a relaxing experience when you don't have to threaten each ...
This attempt at a gritty action spectacle falls prey to confusing storytelling and baffling editing. Theron Martin examines what went wrong. ― In the Summer 2016 Preview Guide, I gave the first episode of this manga adaptation a middling score, saying that it isn't without potential. Rarely have I looked back at a review and been more perplexed at what I wrote, as on a second view that first episode ...
There sure are a lot of gambling anime, but what's it actually like to gamble in Japan? Does anime paint an accurate picture? Justin gets into it. ― Jake asked: I have recently been watching Kakegurui Compulsive Gambler on Netflix and it has me curious about gambling in Japan. Gambling is in a ton of anime from Samurai Champloo to Kaiji. Mostly I am familiar with the basic odd even dice game as well...