Press Releases - December 2013
- Future Card Buddyfight TV Animation Streams on Hulu and YouTube ()
- Matsuricon Announces The First of Several Guests for 2014 ()
- Anime Dating Website Surpasses 20,000 Users ()
- GoBoiano Launches Promotional Video for Anime Social Platform ()
- DeNA Launches Digital Manga Magazine Platform for Smart Devices ()
- Sword Art Online Extra Edition to Stream Worldwide on Daisuki.net ()
- Otakon Vegas Welcomes Prolific Voice Actor and Director Jamie Marchi ()
- Pre-order Opened: Ulquiorra Schiffer HQS by Tsume ()
- Female J-Rock Band Gacharic Spin Returns to America for Tekko 2014 ()
- Distribution and New Collaborative Projects for Tsume ()
- Global Yaoi Manga Publisher SuBLime Launches Extensive Digital Yaoi Manga Catalog on Amazon Kindle Store ()
- Pre-order opened: Usopp HQS by Tsume ()
- Free Comic Book Day 2014 Full Lineup of Comics Announced ()
- VIZ Media Announces Pre-sale Orders for Classic Ranma 1/2 Anime Series ()
- MangaGamer Announces Pre-Orders for Valkyrie Svia ()
- MangaGamer Announces the Release of ef -the latter tale ()
- Ragnarok 2 Launches Largest Update Yet, Advent of Valkyrie ()
- Steam Powered Giraffe Comes to AniMinneapolis ()
- Customize Your Smartphone with Naruto Shippuden and Bleach Image Sets from CocoPPa ()
- Anime Boston Announces JAM Project ()
- Sentai Filmworks Licenses Familiar of Zero Season 1 ()
- Aniplex of America to Screen The Anohana Movie Across U.S. and Canada ()
- Aniplex of America Announces Winter 2014 Streaming Line-up ()
- Availability of Sasuke Xtra by Tsume ()
- Ragnarok Online: Valkyrie Uprising, Introduces New Community Dungeon "Abyss Dungeon" ()
- Moe Camera iOS App Adds Variety of Moe/Kawaii Cosplay Hair Wigs and Accessories ()
- Print Debut of Nisekoi from VIZ Media in January ()
- VIZ Media Announces Dub Debut of K on Hulu for Limited Time ()
- Sekai Project's New Kickstarter Campaign ()
- VIZ Media Wraps Up 2013 With Up to 20% Off Digital Manga Sale ()
- First Day of School in Conception II + Pre-Order Details ()
- XSEED Games Shares New Ragnarok Odyssey ACE Visuals as Game Readies for Early 2014 Release ()
- Namco Bandai Games Releases Namco High Onto ShiftyLook.com ()
- MangaGamer Announces Christmas Sale ()
- BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Launch Date & Bonus Announced ()
- VIZ Media Announces the Digital Launch of Multiple Pokémon Manga Series ()
- Texas Toku Taisen Tokusatsu Film Festival; New Video, Guests and Packages ()
- Eric Stuart Coming to Iowa ()
- Aniplex of America Launches Brand New Special Store ()
- X Japan & Yoshiki Ranked #1 of 2013 on Nico Nico Live Music ()
- Nagi-Asu: A Lull in the Sea Announced for North American Retail Release and Hulu Streaming ()
- “Bravely Default” English Voice Cast Announced ()
- Bushiroad Outlines Details of Organized Play Program and Launch Events for Future Card Buddyfight ()
- Australian Poster And Trailer Released For The Wind Rises – Hayao Miyazaki's Final Masterpiece ()
- X Japan Leader Yoshiki Celebrates Launch of Limited Edition Headphones in Collaboration with Soul Headphones ()
- Namco Bandai Games America Inc. Announces Tales of Zestiria for the Playstation 3 ()
- Princess Nine Complete Series Available April 1, 2014 ()
- The Third: The Girl With the Blue Eye Available April 1, 2014 ()
- Otakon Vegas to Host Space Dandy Launch Event ()
- SaikouCon Announces Voice Actors Greg Houser, Bill Rogers, and Marc Swint as Guests of Honor for 2014 ()
- Serving Up Some Sorcery Saga Curry Before the Holidays ()
- The Witch and the Hundred Knight Launches March 2014 in North America and Europe ()
- Atelier Escha & Logy ~Alchemists of the Dusk Sky~ Begins its Preorder at Retail Stores Nationwide ()
- Eight New Licenses for Seven Seas ()
- MangaGamer Announces Launch of Online Hard-Copy Sales ()
- AniMinneapolis Announces Jad Saxton ()
- Availability of Black☆ Star Counter-strikes HQS by Tsume ()
- English Production of Space Dandy in Progress—TV Broadcast Dates and Staff/Cast Revealed ()
- Mystery of the Necronomicon Available April 1, 2014 ()
- DeNA Launches Digital Manga Magazine Platform for Smart Devices ()
- Colleen Clinkenbeard at an Expanded London Anime & Gaming Con this 8-9 February ()
- Permanent 40% Price Drop for Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut: The Official Visual Companion ()
- Blast Off into 2014 at the Same Time as Japan with Space Dandy on Animax Asia ()
- Angel Blade Complete Collection Available April 1, 2014 ()
- Yu-Gi-Oh! Trading Card Game Legacy of the Valiant Booster Set Available Nationwide on January 24th ()
- Japanese Rock Band Man With a Mission Plays Exclusive Los Angeles Show ()
- Dates Announced for 2014 J-pop Summit Festival in San Francisco ()
- SaikouCon Welcomes Featured Guests The Sci-Fi Photo Guys Back in 2014 ()
- Yu-Gi-Oh! Trading Card Game Shadow Specters Special Edition Available Dec. 13th ()
- Aksys Games' Merry 2013 Digital Sale Begins ()
- Tune in Tokyo Presents Sakura Bomb Holiday Cosplay Party and Anime Rock Show ()
- Tokyo Otaku Mode Fall 2013 User Poll Otaku from 100 Countries Voice Which Characters They Want to Date ()
- Kita-Kon Anime & Culture Convention Announces Second Guest of Honour ()
- Official Release Date and Theater Listing for Evangelion; 3.0 You Can (Not) Redo announced for North America ()
- Namco Bandai Games America Inc. Announces Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Revolution ()
- Viz Media's Holiday Digital Manga Stocking Stuffer Sweepstakes Starts Today ()
- Eir Aoi new singles “sirius-EP” and “Sanbika” is now digitally available in twenty countries including the US ()
- Ayane Releases New Theme for Steins;Gate PS Vita Game ()
- “Animation Artist in Residence Tokyo 2014” Announcing the Three Selected Artists ()
- Atomic Monkey Entertainment Announces Release of Joint Venture Program, ““Anime Say You Radio Ani Raji” ()
- Bring Nepal Kids a Smile with Moss Character KOKE-kun ()
- Colleen Clinkenbeard - Voice of Luffy, Gohan & Over 100 Anime @ London Anime & Gaming Con this 8-9 Feb! ()
- Silent Manga Audition 2014: Entry is Open ()
- MangaGamer Announces Release of Touma Kojirou's Detective File ()
- Anime Midwest Announces Singer Raj Ramayya ()
- Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory is Out Today on PSN in North America ()
just for fun
Zac and Jacob tackle Kenji Kamiyama's Napping Princess, plus the end of summer anime, new movies, and plenty of your questions! ― ANNCast Episode 306 - Nap Squad Zac and Jacob tackle Kenji Kamiyama's Napping Princess, plus the end of summer anime, new movies, and plenty of your questions! You can listen to the show on our player here, direct-download the MP3 version here, check out the show on Stitc...
Japan has an ocean of stage musicals based on anime, from Naruto to Sailor Moon - why don't they ever get released in the States? Justin considers the angles. ― Bunny asked: Sailor Moon's new musical cast were guests at a state anime convention, but I don't see it getting much further than that. We only have fansubs as a source, but I'd like to support it legally. I was wondering what would it take ...
The producer behind these anime-style action RPGs shares his inspirations as a developer and his ambitions for the simultaneous worldwide release of Code Vein! ― A long-time employee at Bandai Namco Entertainment, Yosuke Tomizawa is best known as the producer for the God Eater franchise. The God Eater games feature co-op multiplayer monster hunting within a story-focused experience. He is currently w...
So besides T&A, what is this season's Classroom of the Elite really about? Gabriella Ekens explores its takes on Nietzsche, Rousseau, and even other anime! ― What's the best way to organize society? How much power should be vested in the general population versus an elite leadership? And how should people be educated as to their best interests and true capabilities? Political philosophers have been m...
DBZ's saga comes to a close as heroes gather from across the universe to defeat Buu once and for all. Sam Leach dives into the conclusion to Toriyama's original epic. ― It's time for the final installment, not just of The Final Chapters, but of DBZ Kai as a whole. Before the recent movies and Dragon Ball Super, this was the definitive climax of Akira Toriyama's work. Appropriately, the Buu saga is ma...
Now that Re:CREATORS has concluded, did it live up to the promise of its premise? This week in anime, we break down where the series soared and where it sank. ― Now that Re:CREATORS has come to an end, did the show live up to the promise of its premise? This week in anime, Nick and Jacob break down where the series soared and where it sank. Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed by the particip...
The screenwriter behind next season's URAHARA offers insights about how anime fandom has changed over the years and how Crunchyroll is perceived within the industry. ― Natsuko Takahashi is a veteran writer in the anime industry, having worked on the screenplay for projects like Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo, Moyashimon, and Tokyo Magnitude 8.0. Although she wasn't officially announced as a gu...
Dustin gets wet and wild with the girls of Senran Kagura on the PS4, along with this week's biggest news and other new game releases! ― You may have heard that homebrew developers—hackers, if you're feeling nasty—found a fully emulated version of NES Golf on board every shipping Nintendo Switch. After seemingly endless mystery surrounding why the ROM was there, they eventually discovered how to activ...
This straight-to-Netflix shonen manga adaptation is finally available to own on home release! Rebecca Silverman finds out if it was worth the wait. ― After an initial run on Netflix, the anime adaptation of The Seven Deadly Sins has arrived on Blu Ray and DVD. This season, which covers roughly the first fifteen volumes of Nakaba Suzuki's original manga, is a combination of interesting references to t...
Sentai Filmworks made a big announcement about phasing out DVDs forever - but why? Justin has a few ideas... ― Jake asked: I was reading a recent article that stated Sentai Filmworks was essentially phasing out their DVD releases by 2019 and are primarily going to release Blu-ray only with a few exceptions. I know you have got this question in the past on who buys DVD's Vs. Blu-rays which seems to b...
One of anime's most prolific screenwriters discusses his legacy of work on Eureka Seven, Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, Ghost in the Shell, and what it takes to succeed as a writer in the industry. ― Dai Sato is one of anime's most prolific and accomplished screenwriters. He was the series composer for Eureka Seven and Ergo Proxy, and also wrote individual episodes for numerous series including Cowb...
Many anime revolve around the lives of otaku and other oddballs, but how many actually get their depictions right? Paul Jensen shares his best recommendations. ― The video game-themed comedy Gamers! has drawn a fair amount of attention this season, and not just for its wicked sense of humor. This show seems to have a strength that many anime series try and fail to obtain; it feels like Gamers really ...
Samus is back in this expansive, extensive remake of Game Boy original Metroid II, but can it capture that old Metroid feeling? Dustin suits up to find out... ― There's a lot of bombast to a title like Samus Returns. Not just a nod to the original Metroid II subhead, this is indeed the return of Samus after an interminable hiatus for the Metroid franchise. It's been thirteen years since the last 2D M...
What did this anime about fictional characters confronting their makers have to say about the creative process? This week in anime, we tackle the conclusion of Sota and Altair's story. ― Re:CREATORS is a story about fictional characters meeting the people who created them, but just how far does its metafictional rabbit hole go? This week in anime, Micchy and Steve follow Sota and Altair's tale all th...
To call the end of Danganronpa "shocking" would be an understatement! Jacob Chapman takes on the controversial final chapter in this SPOILER-FREE review. ― Prior to the release of this (second?) conclusion to the main Danganronpa trilogy, series creator Kazutaka Kodaka was emphatic in several interviews that this "new semester" would be completely open to newcomers. While it would bring closure to th...
It may never grab the spotlight like other long-running JRPG series, but the Ys games have a long legacy and a strong pedigree. With a new game on the horizon, here's everything a beginner needs to know. ― At one time a premier role-playing franchise that stood toe-to-toe against the likes of Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest, a variety of factors prevented Nihon Falcom's Ys from achieving the mainstrea...