Press Releases - June 2008
- Atlus and NIS America Continue Distribution Partnership with Three Upcoming Titles; Atlus to Serve as Exclusive North American Distributor for Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice, Disgaea DS, and Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure ()
- Pop Japan Travel's Mind Over Manga Tour Adds Meeting with Ghibli Art Director, Visit to Nippon Animation ()
- RIT Anime Club Announces Date and Art Request for Tora-Con 2009 ()
- FUNimation Entertainment Acquires Heroic Age from Kodansha Ltd. ()
- DMP Presents Hideyuki Kikuchi and Saiko Takaki at Anime Expo 2008 ()
- Viz Media Announces DVD Release of Naruto The Movie 2: The Legend of the Stone of Gelel ()
- Otakon© 2008 Line-Up Further Revealed ()
- OTAKON© 2008 Announces Webcomics Contest ()
- DC Anime Club and Japan Information and Culture Center, Embassy of Japan Present: Shinobi: Heart Under Blade ()
- Del Rey Manga Announces Manga-ka Hiro Mashima's Comic-Con International Schedule ()
- Enoki Films USA, Inc. Presents Slayers Revolution ()
- Right Stuf & Nozomi Entertainment at Anime Expo 2008 ()
- Il Blog Italiano di Rinkya Connects Japanese Culture and Collectibles with Italian Fans ()
- Maruione.jp & Kera magazine to host "Street Snap" Event at Anime Expo ()
- Samurai Champloo 12 Inch Action Figures ()
- Animasyros 1.0 International Animation Festival ()
- Florida Supercon Presents: Super Anime Day & Super Comic Day - September 6 & 7, 2008 - Davie, FL ()
- Anime Expo® Introduces Hosts For AXBackstage ()
- Organic Hobby, Inc Releases the Eighth Character/Figure as a Part of Kaiyodo's “Fraülein Revoltech,” “Rei Ayanami (Bandage Version)” ()
- Aktiv Digital and Crunchyroll Announce Asia Pacific Regional Partnership ()
- Yoshitaka Amano at NYAF ()
- Anime Festival Orlando 9 Announces Guest Updates ()
- Organic Hobby, Inc releases three new figures as a part of Kaiyodo's “Revoltech Series, “Revoltech Gurren Lagann Fulldrillized, Revoltech ARX-8 Laevatein & Yotsuba DX (Summer Vacation Set)” ()
- Yamato USA Announces Fantasy Figure Gallery: Akira, Inspired by the Work of Dorian Cleavenger ()
- Anime USA 2008 Announces Freezepop as Musical Guests of Honor ()
- Tezuka Moderno Labo – “Atom” – 3” PVC Figure ()
- Anime Network Selects TVN Entertainment for Comprehensive Long-Term Deal ()
- Blazblue Location Test Tour Announced ()
- IATV and Bandai Entertainment Announce “The Block Fueled By Bandai Entertainment” Weekly Programming Showcase ()
- Japanfiles.Com Launches a New Category Today - Japanese Hardcore. ()
- Setsucon 2009 Officially Open, Attendee Registration is Up and Running ()
- Viz Pictures Debuts New Slapstick Geisha Comedy Maiko Haaaan!!! on DVD ()
- L.A. Film Fest Starts Tomorrow ()
- Gon, the All Time Favorite Comic Series in TV Animation ()
- Rinkya's Redesigned Blog Brings Japan Unko, Unchi and Undies to the Internet ()
- Critical Mass Video Announces September 30 Release a Double Scoop of Vanilla: Sinful Pleasures (HOLY VIRGINS / SPOTLIGHT) ()
- Viz Media Parent Company Shueisha Invests in Japanese Publisher Shogakukan's Licensing and Merchandising Subsidiary to Form New Partnership – Shogakukan-Shueisha Productions Co., Ltd. ()
- Right Stuf's Nozomi Entertainment Announces the Aria the Animation DVD Collection ()
- Viz Media Licenses Blue Dragon TCG to Konami Digital Entertainment ()
- Big Tent Entertainment and Internet Television Pioneer Veoh Networks Team Up for Exclusive Launch of Original Episodes Starring Japanese Viral Sensation Domo ()
- ANA Presents “Nippon Eiga” Series: Part 13: Paprika - with Special Guest Appearance by Director Satoshi Kon ()
- DC Anime Club and Alliance Comics Present: The Cosplay Party ()
- Anime Expo® 2008 Presents The 3rd Annual SPJA Industry Conference Key Notes and Panels ()
- Anime Expo® 2008 Alternates Your Vision ()
- Yamato USA Presents the Fantasy Figure Gallery, Resin Quality Figures at PVC Prices ()
- Bang Zoom! Entertainment Helps Lucky Star Make North American Debut ()
- FUNimation Entertainment Acquires Big Windup! from Kodansha Ltd. ()
- Enchanting Music Box Renditions of Music from Miyazaki's Award-Winning Anime ()
- Summit Entertainment and Imagi Studios Announce Partnership on Astro Boy ()
- Power Rangers Voice Actor to Appear In Huntington, WV ()
- Strait Jacket Avant Première in Tokyo Roppongi ()
- Guinness World Records: Gamer's Edition 2008 Celebrates Father's Day ()
- Nvidia to Rock San Jose With “Video Games Live” Show at Nvision 08 ()
- Zenkaikon 2008 Announces Cosplay Ball, Cosplay Dating Game and AMV Contest ()
- Ninja Warrior Champion Makoto Nagano Makes First U.S. Appearance at Chibi-Pa Festival ()
- Command & Conquer Music to World Premiere at Video Games Live in Las Vegas This Weekend ()
- Asian Dance-Rock Band Featured on NPR's All Things Considered ()
- Witchblade “Reina Soho” – 12” PVC Figure ()
- Future Shop Invites Toronto to The Ultimate Free Gaming Event, including Video Games Live Show at Yonge-Dundas Square ()
- Class in Session ... Anime Expo® & Bang Zoom!® Entertainment Present Voice Acting 101 Classes ()
- DrMaster Listens to Delightful Music with Divine Melody ()
- Crunchyroll and T.O Entertainment Announce Strategic Online Distribution and Promotion Partnership ()
- SMC "Belldandy" Ah! My Goddess (Fighting Wings Version) – 8” PVC Figure ()
- New ketchup mania CD - F.L.A.G - Same-Day USA/Japan Release on JapanFiles.com! ()
- The Girl Who Leapt Through Time Theatrical Poster Giveaway at Imaginasian Center and Imaginasian Theater, June 13 ()
- Anime Expo® 2008 & Intermixi Tours to Give Away Trip to Japan ()
- T-MODE Hosts Lobby Party for Bleach the Movie ()
- Hideyuki Kikuchi to Attend the New York Anime Festival ()
- The New York Asian Film Festival 2008 ()
- Right Stuf's Anime Today Interviews AnimEigo Founder & C.E.O. Robert Woodhead ()
- Drmaster to Release Lunar Legend Tsukihime Vol. 6 ()
- Metal Gear Solid 4 x UT Special Hideo Kojima Autograph Event ()
- Catch a Lucky Star and Pierce the Heavens at Anime Expo® 2008 with Bandai and American Cosplay Paradise! ()
- Viz Media Brings Unique and Exciting Properties for All Ages and Interests to 2008 Licensing International Expo ()
- Subway Cinema Presents the Final Line-Up of the New York Asian Film Festival 2008 ()
- Alteil, Japan's #1 Online Card Game, Annouces the Alpha Test Sign-Up ()
- Kakkoi Con 2008 Announces Second Round of Guests ()
- Video Games Live Announces 50 Shows for Continuing Blockbuster World Tour ()
- Hideo Kojima is a Guinness World Record Breaker ()
- Lolita and Maid Fashion Day at Kinokuniya ()
- POP Wonderland :: Little Red Riding Hood – 7 ½” PVC Figure ()
- Anime Expo® 2008 Pursues Beauty and Cuteness ()
- Japanese Films Screening at L.A. Film Festival ()
- Win Free Tickets from T-Mode to See Bleach the Movie ()
- Tokyopop Spins Off Media Company in Reorganization ()
- Organic Hobby, Inc releases three new figures as a part of Kaiyodo's “Revoltech Series, “Revoltech Detroit Metal City - Krauser II – Jagi - Camus” ()
- Galaxy Angel Rune Episode 1 Streaming on dot-anime.us ()
- Now Available from Yamato USA: Tandem Twin Animal Girls: Dog Annerose ()
- Viz Media Announces Unprecedented In-Person Appearances for June 11 New York City Movie Event Bleach the Movie: Memories of Nobody ()
- The Dark Knight Flies over Anime Expo® 2008 ()
- GDH and GONZO Rosso to Forge Business and Capital Alliance with TOMY ()
Now that Re:CREATORS has concluded, did it live up to the promise of its premise? This week in anime, we break down where the series soared and where it sank. ― Now that Re:CREATORS has come to an end, did the show live up to the promise of its premise? This week in anime, Nick and Jacob break down where the series soared and where it sank. Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed by the particip...
The screenwriter behind next season's URAHARA offers insights about how anime fandom has changed over the years and how Crunchyroll is perceived within the industry. ― Natsuko Takahashi is a veteran writer in the anime industry, having worked on the screenplay for projects like Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo, Moyashimon, and Tokyo Magnitude 8.0. Although she wasn't officially announced as a gu...
Dustin gets wet and wild with the girls of Senran Kagura on the PS4, along with this week's biggest news and other new game releases! ― You may have heard that homebrew developers—hackers, if you're feeling nasty—found a fully emulated version of NES Golf on board every shipping Nintendo Switch. After seemingly endless mystery surrounding why the ROM was there, they eventually discovered how to activ...
This straight-to-Netflix shonen manga adaptation is finally available to own on home release! Rebecca Silverman finds out if it was worth the wait. ― After an initial run on Netflix, the anime adaptation of The Seven Deadly Sins has arrived on Blu Ray and DVD. This season, which covers roughly the first fifteen volumes of Nakaba Suzuki's original manga, is a combination of interesting references to t...
Sentai Filmworks made a big announcement about phasing out DVDs forever - but why? Justin has a few ideas... ― Jake asked: I was reading a recent article that stated Sentai Filmworks was essentially phasing out their DVD releases by 2019 and are primarily going to release Blu-ray only with a few exceptions. I know you have got this question in the past on who buys DVD's Vs. Blu-rays which seems to b...
One of anime's most prolific screenwriters discusses his legacy of work on Eureka Seven, Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, Ghost in the Shell, and what it takes to succeed as a writer in the industry. ― Dai Sato is one of anime's most prolific and accomplished screenwriters. He was the series composer for Eureka Seven and Ergo Proxy, and also wrote individual episodes for numerous series including Cowb...
Many anime revolve around the lives of otaku and other oddballs, but how many actually get their depictions right? Paul Jensen shares his best recommendations. ― The video game-themed comedy Gamers! has drawn a fair amount of attention this season, and not just for its wicked sense of humor. This show seems to have a strength that many anime series try and fail to obtain; it feels like Gamers really ...
Samus is back in this expansive, extensive remake of Game Boy original Metroid II, but can it capture that old Metroid feeling? Dustin suits up to find out... ― There's a lot of bombast to a title like Samus Returns. Not just a nod to the original Metroid II subhead, this is indeed the return of Samus after an interminable hiatus for the Metroid franchise. It's been thirteen years since the last 2D M...
What did this anime about fictional characters confronting their makers have to say about the creative process? This week in anime, we tackle the conclusion of Sota and Altair's story. ― Re:CREATORS is a story about fictional characters meeting the people who created them, but just how far does its metafictional rabbit hole go? This week in anime, Micchy and Steve follow Sota and Altair's tale all th...
To call the end of Danganronpa "shocking" would be an understatement! Jacob Chapman takes on the controversial final chapter in this SPOILER-FREE review. ― Prior to the release of this (second?) conclusion to the main Danganronpa trilogy, series creator Kazutaka Kodaka was emphatic in several interviews that this "new semester" would be completely open to newcomers. While it would bring closure to th...
It may never grab the spotlight like other long-running JRPG series, but the Ys games have a long legacy and a strong pedigree. With a new game on the horizon, here's everything a beginner needs to know. ― At one time a premier role-playing franchise that stood toe-to-toe against the likes of Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest, a variety of factors prevented Nihon Falcom's Ys from achieving the mainstrea...
It's an original anime by Vampire Weekend frontman Ezra Koenig and famous actor Jaden Smith, along with a celebrity voice cast. What could possibly go wrong? Mike Toole investigates Netflix's latest original. ― They finally did it, folks: they animated Jaden Smith's Twitter account. That was what I thought after hearing Smith's character, Kaz, unwind the first of many bizarre pronouncements, in a bid...
You see it in the credits of anime blurays and DVDs all the time - but what does "video post-production" actually entail? Justin has the answer. ― Craig asked: Just finished watching the third Berserk film, The Advent and in the credits I saw your name. for Video post production. What exactly do you do in terms of post production(clean up, video/audio compression, restoration?)? Do all companies who...
Paul Jensen takes a look at the long-awaited blu-ray of Kyoto Animation's unusual mystery series, along with a rundown of this week's new anime releases! ― I went to a screening of Lupin III: The Castle of Cagliostro last week. It was my first time seeing the movie, and I have to say it was a blast. If you're a Lupin fan or are interested in Hayao Miyazaki's early work as a director, it's definitely...
One of the most compelling adventures in the Haruhi saga finally arrives on Blu-ray! Nick Creamer takes a look at this uniquely engrossing film. ― After the madcap adventures and slapstick comedy of Haruhi Suzumiya's first two seasons, the anime series was capped off with a film unlike anything that had come before. Somber, slow-paced, and introspective, The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya represent...