Press Releases - May 2008
- Lolita and Maid Fashion Day at Kinokuniya ()
- Popular Manga Creator Hiro Mashima Coming to the United States ()
- Satoshi Kon: Beyond Imagination, June 27 – July 1 ()
- Tokyopop Acquires Book Publishing Rights to Goth: A Novel of Horror ()
- Tokyopop and HarperCollins Publishers Let the Cats Out of the Bag with Launch of All New Manga Series ()
- Survive the Summer!!! Metro Survive Vol.2, Chinese Hero Vol.6, Magic Lover's Tower Vol.1&2 Available Now! ()
- Viz Media Debuts New Naruto Chapter Book Series at 2008 Book Expo America ()
- Viz Media Showcases a Variety of New Titles at 2008 BookExpo America Show ()
- Anime Expo® 2008 Going Mad ()
- Score Entertainment at Anime Expo® 2008 ()
- Right Stuf & Nozomi Entertainment Launch Official Site for Emma: A Victorian Romance – emma.rightstuf.com ()
- Viz Media Announces DVD Release of Pokémon: The Rise of Darkrai ()
- Released: Cosmode Online #001 - Cosplay 1st Graders Starting Today! ()
- Naoyoshi Shiotani's Directorial Debut "Tokyo Marble Chocolate" wins Grand Prize at the I2th Seoul International Cartoon & Animation Festival (SICAF 2OO8) ()
- Sci Fi Channel to Broadcast Gurren Lagann ()
- Bandai Entertainment to Release “Sword of the Stranger” ()
- Anime Fan/Writer Appeals to Toronto Animation Fandom ()
- Red Planet Media Launches FUNimation Channels Mobile VideoonDemand Service with Two Exciting Anime Titles ()
- Right Stuf's Anime Today Interviews Gurren Lagann Producer Toshifumi Yoshida of Bandai Entertainment ()
- Otakon announces Kappei Yamaguchi ()
- Announcing Ayabie's First US Tour ()
- Otakuthon 2008 Announces Spike Spencer as Guest of Honour ()
- Bang Zoom! Entertainment Announces “Adventures in Voice Acting” Volume One on DVD ()
- Witchblade “Rihoko Amaha” – 7 ½” PVC Figure ()
- Dark Horse Deluxe Announces Exclusive Comic-Con International Domo Variant ()
- Critical Mass Video Announces August 26 Release a Double Scoop of Vanilla: Bound Beauties (Slave Sisters / Slaves To Passion) ()
- Right Stuf's Nozomi Entertainment Announces August 26 Release of the To Heart DVD Collection ()
- Crunchyroll to Stream ADV's Welcome to the N.H.K. ()
- Para Para Hits Maximum at Anime Expo® 2008 ()
- AnimeNEXT 2008 to Host the East Coast Convention Premiere of Death Note ()
- eigoMANGA Appearing at Apple Stores ()
- Anime Festival Orlando 9 Announces Additional Guest ()
- Budo Grape from Nagoya Japan - June 5th Knitting Factory ()
- Drmaster Publications & Flash Frame Omake Proudly Present the Yasushi Suzuki Art Exhibit ()
- Tsubasacon to Host Maid Café ()
- Viz Media's Shonen Jump Welcomes Bleach Manga Creator Tite Kubo for Ultra-Rare Appearance at 2008 San Diego Comic-Con International ()
- Seiyuu Seki to Attend Anime Expo® 2008 ()
- Viz Pictures and NCM Fathom Debut Live Action Japanese Feature Death Note on the Big Screen ()
- Nation's Best Masquerade Show Goes Online ()
- Dream Soldier Wingman “Wingman Guarder” – 6” PVC Figure ()
- New York Asian Film Festival Line-Up ()
- FUNimation Entertainment Acquires Highly-Anticipated Epic Anime Series Romeo x Juliet from GDH K.K. ()
- Animax Aims to Redefine the Entertainment Experience with Project “LaMB” ()
- FUNimation Entertainment Acquires Shigurui: Death Frenzy ()
- Funimation Announces Acquisition of Strain ()
- Anime Festival Orlando 9 Announces YouTube™ Contest ()
- T-MODE to Give Away Free Passes to Death Note Movie ()
- Viz Media Partners with Hot Topic to Support Death Note Live-Action Film Event ()
- Right Stuf's Nozomi Entertainment Unveils Trailer & Details for Maria Watches Over Us - Season 1 at mariasama.rightstuf.com ()
- MC Chris to Perform at New York Anime Festival ()
- Anime World Order Podcast Interviews Anime Director Noboru Ishiguro ()
- Viz Media and NCM Fathom Team Up for U.S. Premiere of Highly Anticipated Animated Feature Bleach the Movie: Memories of Nobody ()
- Funimation Announces Acquisition of Gunslinger Girl Il Teatrino ()
- Apple Store Hosts In-Store Events for eigoMANGA in Two Cities ()
- Zenkaikon 2008 Announces Third Round of Guests ()
- Castle of Shikigami III on Wii™ Barrages into Retail Today ()
- Viz Pictures Announces DVD Release of Live Action Feature Film - Honey & Clover ()
- Atlus Announces Gritty Strategy RPG Zoids Assault for Xbox 360 ()
- Statement from ImaginAsian Entertainment on TMS Classics DVD Titles ()
- Funimation Announces Kenichi ()
- Vexille to be Screened at the Japan Information and Culture Center, Embassy of Japan ()
- FanimeCon 2008 Charity Auction Announces Matching Program in support of Asian Perinatal Advocates and The Springstone School ()
- Super Robot Wars: OG-Divine Wars Episode 1 Streaming on dot-anime.us ()
- FUNimation Entertainment Acquires Save Me! Lollipop from Kodansha ()
- 4Kids Entertainment Reports First Quarter 2008 Results ()
- Mediacorp Partners Madhouse Inc for Computer Generated "3D Anime" Feature Film – Yona Yona Penguin ()
- Otakon 2008 Announces Richard Epcar and Ellyn Stern ()
- South Kent School Welcomes First “Slam Dunk” Scholarship Winner ()
- LDMS: Nobody Does It Better than Mylene Hoffman in 009-1! ()
- LDMS: Utawarerumono: The Beast Within Released! ()
- LDMS: The Wallflower: My Fair Bishonen Enters the Light! ()
- Win a Free Screening for the Death Note Live-Action Movie ()
- Right Stuf's Anime Today Interviews Vertical, Inc.'s Ioannis Mentzas ()
- Anime Expo® 2008 Invites a Stranger ()
- T-Mode/Tokyo No Records Announce Musical Lineup ()
- Sunrise Mecha Action Series - Might Gain – 6” PVC/ABS/PC Figures ()
- Witchblade “Masane Amaha” – 8” PVC Figure ()
- ALC Publishing and novelist J.D. Glass team up for an "American Goth" story in "Yuri Monogatari 6" ()
- Zune Expands Beyond Music to Deliver Integrated All-in-One Entertainment Experience ()
- Cobra & Lady Armaroid – 11 ½” PU/ABS Statue ()
- Anime Jungle Los Angeles: Sakuran Showing ()
- Hellsing Collection Figure :: Search & Destroy (Vol.2) :: Reverse Cross (Arucard) & Bayonet (Anderson) – 5 ½” PVC Figures ()
- The Mysterious Cities of Gold ()
- Toynami Resurrects the Classic VF-1 ()
- Go! Comi to Publish 07-Ghost ()
- Anime Jungle Los Angeles: 2nd Hentai Anime Event ()
- J-Pop/ Rock band Unicorn Table Introduces New Song at Tora-con! ()
- Renji Murata PSE 1/10 Scale CDB Chair ()
- Producer Toshifumi Yoshida Joins Bandai Entertainment Inc. ()
- The Girl Who Leapt Through Time to Begin Playing Theatrically in Los Angeles, New York, and Seattle with English Sub and Dub ()
- Crunchyroll and Think Corp. Announce Anime Innovation Tokyo Digital Content Showcase ()
- Los Angeles Comic Book and Science Fiction Convention This Sunday, May 4, 2008 with Stan Lee, Corinne Orr, Art Clokey, Gumby, and Comic Book Artists Tony Dezuniga, Ernie Chan, and Alex Nino! ()
- Right Stuf's Nozomi Entertainment to Release the Anime Adaptation of Kozue Amano's Aria ()
Loading next article...
Mike goes on a treasure hunt for short-form anime and uncovers a show about a sentient fart, which means the hunt was an enormous success. ― It's January, which means that I just killed the mid-month holiday weekend off at Arisia, Boston's largest science fiction and fantasy convention. This year, not only did I sit on panels on the furious Evangelion debate, fanservice, and other anime-related topic...
Whether you're already a fan of the anime version or not, Made in Abyss' manga is a journey worth undertaking. Rebecca Silverman dives into this fantasy manga's dark and fascinating world. ― At this point, the anime adaptation of Akihito Tsukushi's fantasy manga is better known to English-speakers, since its release predates that of the source manga. For the curious, this first volume covers the anim...
Watching anime doesn't have to be purely a shut-in pursuit! Here are six titles that encourage you to explore the wonders of the natural world. ― One of my favorite anime airing this season is Laid-Back Camp, a story that looks like another "cute girls doing cute things" anime on the surface but ended up delivering more for me. That's not to say that it doesn't star cute girls who mostly hang out do...
This manga spinoff of the surprise hit franchise brings some great art to the table but falls short on story. Rebecca Silverman has the details. ― The surprise hit anime of last year, Kemono Friends, is only one portion of a multimedia franchise – there are games, apps, and a variety of other bits and bobs to accompany the anime. Fly's two-volume manga Welcome to Japari Park, collected into a single ...
The Eureka Seven art contest has been extended, and we're adding new prizes! ― The Eureka Seven Hi-Evolution film series lands in theaters later this year. The original staff, chief director Tomoki Kyoda, screenplay writer Dai Sato, and character designer Kenichi Yoshida, have all returned. Other staff members from the past series, including character animation director Ayumi Kurashima, Shigeru Fujit...
Zac, Jacob and special guest Gabriella Ekens fiendishly devour as many of the 2018 winter premieres as they can, plus Godzilla: Planet of the Monsters! ― ANNCast Episode 317 - Winter 2018 Anime Roundup Zac, Jacob and special guest Gabriella Ekens fiendishly devour as many of the 2018 winter premieres as they can, plus Godzilla: Planet of the Monsters! You can listen to the show on our player here, d...
Older anime like Evangelion frequently have strange "jumps" in between edits - why is that, and what can be done about it? Justin goes in deep! ― K.o.R asked: Why, on a lot of older anime series, does the picture appear to jerk sideways whenever there is a cut? It's noticeable on things like the original release of Evangelion, for example. In the years before anime went all-digital, TV shows were ed...
One of the only American artists to ever serialize a manga in Japan, Part I of our interview with Peepo Choo mangaka Felipe Smith goes in-depth on the manga industry and his incredible career. ― “Unlike most manga-inspired artists I know, I wasn't so much wowed by the [style of] manga as I was by its incredible abundance of ordinary, lifelike, slice-of-life scenarios and characters.” Inspired by that...
The most popular Gundam series in the Western hemisphere finally comes to Blu-ray in this extravagant set filled with bonus goodies. But does the show still hold up 20 years later? Lauren Orsini finds out. ― Gundam Wing was one of the first anime I ever saw, and I'm not alone. When the show first aired on Cartoon Network's Toonami in 2000, it created a wave of brand new-anime fans who are now in thei...
The Raten Taisho: a festival where people with abnormal powers gather. ― Hitori No Shita The Outcast 2 (Raten Taisho Chapter) Official Website: http://hitorinoshita2.com/ Introduction Story Characters Cast & Staff Gallery An episode 0 (recap of the first season) will be broadcast on January 10, 2018 (JST). 1st episode of the season 2, will then start January 17, 2018 (JST). Key Staff Animation Produ...
Now that it's done setting up its story, GARO -Vanishing Line- has taken off on a wild road trip across the USA. We explore how this change has made the show stronger. ― Now that it's done setting up its story, GARO -Vanishing Line- has taken off on a wild road trip across the USA. This week in anime, Nick and Steve expound on how this change has made the show stronger. Disclaimer: The views and opin...
Beloved veteran voice actor Johnny Yong Bosch chats about his role in Digimon Adventure Tri, stepping into an established character, and who his ideal Digimon partner would be! ― In anticipation of the last three Digimon Adventure Tri. films being released with an English dub in theaters this year (kicking off with the premiere of Part 4: Loss on February 1st), we spoke to Johnny Yong Bosch about his...
There's a mountain of brand-new Nintendo news, from Detective Pikachu to craft cardboard. PLUS: SNK Heroines, Final Fantasy XV returns and much more! ― THIS WEEK IN GAMES: NINTENDO GONE WILD! When I write this column, I usually begin by writing an outline on Tuesday morning, working on it Tuesday and Wednesday, and then submitting it Wednesday evening for publication early Thursday morning. This usua...
To celebrate the release of the live action GINTAMA film, we are giving away awesome prize packs including exclusive merchandise only available in Japan! ― To celebrate the release of this laugh-out-loud Sci-Fi Samurai Comedy, we are giving away two awesome GINTAMA prize packs including exclusive merchandise only available in Japan! Get ready to laugh your brains out with the Yorozuya Crew! The inter...