Press Releases - January 2008
- Otakuthon 2008 Announces Dates and New Location ()
- Lego Group Secures Rights from Warner Bros. Consumer Products to Upcoming Speed Racer Film ()
- Viz Media Announces Exciting New Animated Releases for First Quarter 2008 ()
- Preview Episode 1 of Emma: A Victorian Romance from Right Stuf's Nozomi Entertainment on Newtype USA's February 2008 DVD ()
- Statement from Imaginasian Entertainment on the Closing of AZN Television ()
- Bandai Visual USA New High-Definition Title Announcement: Yukikaze ()
- Bandai Visual USA Two New Title Announcements: Shigofumi: Letters from the Departed and True Tears ()
- Viz Media Announces Debut of Second Season of Bleach on Adult Swim ()
- 2008 Year Ahead Part I: Japanese Society and Culture ()
- FUNimation.com Relaunch Brings the Best of Anime to the Web ()
- ANAL Flight 001 Landing at a Terminal Near You ()
- Anime Network Inks SVOD Deal with Charter Communications ()
- IndieReview.co.uk Announce New Features for 2008 ()
- Castle Point Anime Convention ()
- Sweatdrop Studios Turns Six Years Old ()
- New Anime Video for Dream Theater's "Forsaken" ()
- Broccoli Books Announces New Titles, Sola and Honoka Level Up ()
- Viz Media Teams with Amazon Unbox to Offer Naruto Uncut, Death Note and Bleach Animation for Digital Download ()
- The Naruto-Star Trek Convention Announces Additional Guests ()
- Nirgilis to Perform at Anime Matsuri 2008 ()
- David Bowers Directing Imagi Studios' “Astro Boy” ()
- From Japan Festival and the Kennedy Center ()
- Viz Media Releases the Third Annual Shojo Beat Music Awards Issue, February 2008 ()
- What Are the Ten Best Ever Anime Moment Videos Online? ()
- Sakura-Con Hosts US Debut of Ali Project and Welcomes Musical Guests SCANDAL ()
- Geeks In Masks: Kumoricon Announces Winter Formal Masquerade ()
- Organic Hobby, Inc: Princess Resurrection “Reiri Kamura 8 ½" & Hime 7" (Special Edition)” – PVC Figures ()
- Amy Reeder Hadley Strikes Gold at the Phoenix Comicon ()
- Phoenix Comicon This Weekend ()
- Dave Lister to Appear at Setsucon ()
- Imaginasian Entertainment and Bandai Entertainment Announce “Anime Movie Classics” Week ()
- ADV Films UK's Warehouse Blowout Sale for 1 Week Only ()
- ADV Films UK Halts Sale & Distribution of Select Titles: Specified Titles on Hiatus from 16th January 2008 ()
- Viz Media to Showcase Variety of Unique Animated Properties from Japan at 2008 NATPE Conference ()
- Fall in Love at The Magic Lover's Tower…DrMaster Publications to Release Magic Lover's Tower Vol.1 & 2 ()
- Takii 5 Announces Returning Guest Favs & Exclusive Performance Debuts ()
- Marco Polo, Si, Rinkya Can Ciao Italia from Japan ()
- Japanese Techno Artists Bespa Kumamero - Exclusive Digital Release on JapanFiles.com ()
- Lovely Complex the Movie to Be Screened at the Japan Information and Culture Center, Embassy of Japan ()
- Global Fans Stampede YaoiMagazine.com to Order Vol. 1 Issue 1 of Yaoi Magazine ()
- Right Stuf's ANIME TODAY Looks Forward to 2008 with Zac Bertschy of Anime News Network and Protoculture Addicts ()
- A-Kon® Announces Headlining Act: Live in Concert: Versailles ()
- The Kennedy Center Presents A Marathon of Anime Premieres ()
- Video Games Live Announces 40 Shows for 2008 with More on the Way ()
- Barbican Film Japanimation: Yugo the Negotiator ()
- Atlus Announces Epic Fantasy Strategy RPG Rondo of Swords for Nintendo DS™ ()
- Anime Network to Make January 2008 Launch on Mediacom ()
- Brave Story Wins 2008 Batchelder Award by the Association for Library Service to Children ()
- Right Stuf's Nozomi Entertainment Unveils Trailer for Emma: A Victorian Romance at emma.rightstuf.com ()
- Atari Announces the Next Generation Chapter for Dragon Ball Z(R) Video Game Series ()
- Shojo Beat, Sakuracon, and The Slants Team Up for a Series of Contests ()
- Organic Hobby, Inc releases Kaiyodo's “FRAÜLEIN REVOLTECH,” “Soryu Asuka Langley” ()
- GDH Announces GONZO Rosso's Launch of Online Game Service in Vietnam ()
- Uncover the Secret…The Four Constables are Back ()
- Bandai Visual USA Announces Release of Haruka Anime ()
- 2008 Batchelder Award honors VIZ Media for “Brave Story” ()
- Yuri Manga Signing in New York City ()
- FanimeCon 2008 Announces Richard Waugh as Guest of Honor ()
- Blood + Debuts on DVD from Sony Pictures Home Entertainment ()
- The Second International Manga Award ()
- Right Stuf's Nozomi Entertainment Sets Date for Emma: A Victorian Romance - Season 1 on DVD ()
- TOMY and D3Publisher of America Bring Intense 3D Ninja Combat to Nintendo DS in Naruto: Ninja Destiny ()
- MomoCon 2008 Announces Guests ()
- Toy Vault Inks Deal with FUNimation for the Hit Anime Series ()
- Organic Hobby USA: G.R.O. Skull Man (Color & Silver Version) – 10” Polyresin Statues ()
- Pokémon Announces Diamond & Pearl—Great Encounters Prerelease Tournaments ()
- New York Anime Festival Store Online ()
- Bandai Entertainment Inc. Announces Duplication Error on Some Titles; Units Being Recalled, Exchange Program Being Instituted ()
- Pop-Punk Rockers ketchup mania to Play SXSW and Japan Nite Tour 2008 ()
- Organic Hobby USA: HL-98 Hercules 21 (TV & Movie Version) – 6” PVC Figures ()
- Verizon Wireless Offers V CAST Customers Manga Video, Anime Clips and More from TOKYOPOP ()
- Active Anime Top 25 - Formerly Known as Animefringe Top 25 ()
- The Mach 5 from Upcoming Live-Action Feature Speed Racer to Be Displayed at 2008 North American International Auto Show in Detroit ()
- Organic Hobby USA: Rocket Girls “Yukari Morita” – 7” PVC Figure ()
- Kakkoi|con in Minneapolis, MN ()
- Viz Media Launches Six New Manga Series for First Quarter 2008 ()
- Cosplay Presentation by DC Anime Club ()
- DC Anime Club and JICC to Bring Anime/Live Action Movies to Washington, DC. ()
- Right Stuf's Anime Today Looks Back at 2007 with Chris Beveridge of AnimeOnDVD.com ()
- ADV Announces February 19 Titles ()
- Anime Kasei: Uprising Anime Community ()
- “13” Creator Ramps Up Signing Tour with Appearances at Animé Los Angeles ()
- Anime Jungle: Change of Title for Third Screening ()
- Viz Media Brings New Perspective to Manga Arena with Debut of VIZBIG Edition Imprint ()
- Jim Pascoe's Undertown Gets Syndicated ()
- Bang Zoom! Entertainment Announces Availability of Never-Before-Seen Episode of AnimeTV ()
- New Year's Resolution-New SPJA Board Members ()
- Internet Radio Show Anime in the Limelight Resumes ()
Loading next article...
If it weren't for their physical resemblance, you'd never know these troublesome twins were related! This week's list is all about twins who are far more different than alike. ― This week's list is a rerun, but check back next week for a brand new list! Twins remain a topic that entertainment loves to revisit. Genetically identical people are used in horror to highlight fears of lack of individual i...
This manga's take on age gap romance is slightly more self-aware than its peers, delivering an interesting and complex premise. Rebecca Silverman has the details. ― At first glance, Takane & Hana looks like any one of a number of vaguely problematic shoujo romances. It features a sixteen-year-old heroine and a twenty-six-year-old hero, an overbearing romantic lead, and a host of power dynamic issues....
Zac and Jacob strap on their butt handles for a fistfight with DARLING in the FRANXX ! PLUS: catching up with The Ancient Magus' Bride and much more! ― ANNCast Episode 321 - Macy's Franxxgiving Day Parade Zac and Jacob strap on their butt handles for a fistfight with Darling in the Franxx! PLUS: casting spells of codependence with The Ancient Magus Bride and much more! You can listen to the show on ...
Fate/Apocrypha's second half rolls to an exhilarating conclusion on Netflix. Kim Morrissy sums up the series' highs and lows as a Fate installment. ― It's unfortunate that the international Netflix release of Fate/Apocrypha was split into two parts. After months of waiting between the first and second cours, the second part of Fate/Apocrypha picks up right where the first part left off, sparing no ti...
There are few anime studios with history as gripping as Studio Gainax, the simultaneously exalted and notorious birthplace of Evangelion. Part I explores their humble roots, and their now-legendary debut! ― There are few stories within anime production that are as exciting as the story of Studio GAINAX. Instead of the typical story of “Mr. Producer used to work at Company X, but he wanted to produce ...
There are some anime released in the US on VHS but never in any other format - are these (and others) worth tracking down? ― Robbie asked: I recently got into collecting records, and I feel like, although it's not as handy as digital music, there's small things about just the act of listening to them that I really enjoy. I wonder, if there's any feeling you get from watching anime the old fashioned ...
just for fun
Your favorite shows of the Winter 2018 season battle it out for supremacy on our list of weekly user rankings! ― Our team of reviewers are following 28 anime series of the Winter 2018 season and readers are rating each episode as the reviews go up. So let's have a look at what ANN readers consider the best (and worst) of the season. Keep in mind that these rankings are based on how people rated indi...
Fate/Apocrypha's second half has finally landed on Netflix to thrill fans with more twists, turns, and climactic battles. We discuss if this Great Holy Grail War wrapped up to their satisfaction. ― Fate/Apocrypha's second half has finally landed on Netflix to thrill fans with more twists, turns, and climactic battles. This week in anime, Nick and Steve discuss if this Great Holy Grail War wrapped up ...
While far from the pinnacle of Kyoto Animation's efforts, Phantom World is a fun series that combines fantasy, action, and comedy into an enjoyable ride. Nick Creamer has the details. ― Even from its initial advertising, it was clear that Myriad Colors Phantom World would fall a little outside Kyoto Animation's general slice-of-life/character drama wheelhouse. From its garish color scheme to its loud...
The unkillable musou franchise is back once more! Producer Akihiro Suzuki goes in-depth on the series' legacy and how Dynasty Warriors 9 changes things - plus news and new releases! ― Good lord, it's like a never-ending deluge of news and releases this week! All kinds of big news and important happenings in the business have been dropping lately, to the point where I have to pick and choose carefully...
Visual novels where girls romance a harem of boys are rising in popularity with English-speaking gamers. This Valentine's Day, Anne Lee picks out the cream of the otome game crop. ― Otome games, or romance games aimed at a female audience, may have originated in Japan, but their appeal is finally reaching international audiences. In the past few years, more and more games have been released in Englis...
There's no escaping Marvel Comics, not even in Japan - but how popular are Thor and Hulk in a place already teeming with beloved, locally-grown superheroes? Justin gets into it. ― Sarah asked: Are American comics/movies popular in Japan? I know there have been some recent American Comic Book franchise adaptations into Anime like X-Men and Blade so there must be some interest I imagine, but how popul...
This irreverent and creative comedy will be a treat for fans of psychic-power-based absurdity. Rebecca Silverman breaks down what she loves about Saiki K's disastrous life. ― Poor Saiki. Just because he's got amazing, massive, psychic powers, he's forced to live a life much less quiet and based around consuming desserts than he wants. From the time he was born, Kusuo Saiki has been extraordinary – te...