Press Releases - April 2005
- Kazuma Kodaka Signing in NYC ()
- Tokyopop Announces Princess AI Continuation ()
- Tokyopop Invites you to Enjoy a Slice of Tokyo Mew Mew a la Mode ()
- Haré+Guu Website Launches ()
- AN Entertainment & Bang Zoon! to Coproduce Haré+Guu ()
- Nominations Close on May 4 for Crown of Anime Tournament ()
- ADV Announces May 31 Releases ()
- Manga for PSP: Seven Seas Announces 12,000 Downloads in 5 Days ()
- Tokorozawa, Japan Seeks to Host Satsuki and Mei's Home ()
- Tokyopop Receives High Profile Award Nominations ()
- ADV Announces May 24 Releases ()
- Yamato's Award Winning ATM-09-ST SCOPEDOG Debuts in America ()
- Bandai E3 First Look Descriptions ()
- NEW Year, NEW MTAC, and NEW Website ()
- Namco to Publish First 3D "Hello Kitty" Video Game ()
- Newtype USA May 2005 Issue ()
- Viz to Release 3 Howl's Moving Castle Titles ()
- Seven Seans Offers Free Downloadable Manga for Sony PSP ()
- ADV Announces May 17 Releases ()
- Captain Tylor TV Series Limited Edition Ultra Collector's Box ()
- Del Rey Celebrates One Millionth Manga in Print ()
- CPM Gears up for Battle and Mayhem ()
- Sorrent Launches Inuyasha Mobile Game ()
- RahXephone Complete Streets on May 17 ()
- International Manga and Anime Competition Winners ()
- Bandai and Manga to Release SAC Volume 6 on May 17 ()
- Elfen Lied Thrills, Motifies May 17 ()
- Anime South 2005 Guests and 2006 Dates ()
- Japan Pop Icons Puffy Ami Yumi come to Arizona ()
- eigoManga Launches Anime and Marketing Production Firm ()
- Kirby Comes Right Back At Ya With His First Full-Length Movie ()
- Anime Network and Cox Communcations Ink SVOD Deal ()
- Celebrating 5 Years of Yaoi-Con ()
- Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu Launches May 10 ()
- New Manga Releases from Viz Media ()
- Bandai Launches GundamOfficial User Forums ()
- DramaQueen Announces First Licenses ()
- CPM Shines New Light on Shadow Star Narutaru ()
- ADV Announces May 4 Releases ()
- Viz / ShoPro Merger Complete ()
- Critical Mass Announces Debts of Desire ()
- TRSI Announces Piano Volume 1 ()
- SUBWAY® Restaurants, Pokémon USA and 4Kids Entertainment team up for Pokémon® Promotion. ()
- Harmony Gold Honors United Nations' 60th Anniversary With Animated Public Service Announcement ()
- Cartoon Network and Production IG Team Up For Toonami Original Series ()
- Production I.G's Otogi Zoshi Coming Soon ()
- Issue 0 of AXA Magazine Online ()
Also: pictures from Square Enix Café Tokyo, Eorzea Cafés in Osaka & Tokyo, Artnia ― Square Enix opened its second permanent "Square Enix Café," this time in Osaka, on October 14. Similar to the café in Tokyo that opened last year, the Osaka café will have a themed menu every month or so featuring a Square Enix property. The first theme for the café is Kingdom Hearts, in celebration of the franchise's...
Kodansha USA has to pay Kodansha licensing fees for the manga it releases in the US. What? Why? Justin explains it. ― Mason asked: There's something that I've been curious about for a while. Why do manga companies, like Kodansha USA or Viz, still have to pay licensing fees to companies like Kodansha or Shueisha when they're pretty much owned by them already; they pretty much ARE them. It seems count...
Two episodes of Kyoto Animation's unbelievably lavish new sci-fi drama premiered in Japan over the weekend - here's a full report from the world debut! ― Something unusual happened in May 2014. After 4 years of entries that didn't meet the standards of the judges, a manuscript finally won the Grand Prize in the Kyoto Animation Awards. That alone brought some attention to Violet Evergarden, but the en...
Gabriella takes a trip back in time to the '90s with a modern adaptation of a forgotten shonen gem, as Paul runs down all this week's new anime releases. ― I recently discovered that one of my coworkers at my day job plays the Fate/Grand Order mobile game, and we've been bonding over our experiences with the game's fickle character gacha system. He left me seething with envy when he picked up Franci...
Cinderella may yearn for a prince, but she's not entirely sure she wants this one when she finds out about his fetish. Rebecca Silverman explains why. ― Readers of digital-only releases may already be familiar with Rin Mikimoto's work, as Kodansha began releasing her series Love's Reach as a digital exclusive earlier in 2017. Now her romance Kiss Me at the Stroke of Midnight is getting a physical rel...
This peaceful vision of the world after an apocalypse isn't the right read for all occasions, but it's a great read for when you need its unique brand of silent meditation. Rebecca Silverman weighs in. ― The world following an apocalypse is a theme that never goes out of style in science fiction, even if some points in history make it timelier than others. Most visions of a world destroyed take a dar...
Jacob, Sam, and Oren revisit this series' legacy from the first game all the way through the controversial new V3: Killing Harmony in this thrilling, chilling, killing retrospective. ― ANNCast Episode 309 - Danganronpa Deep-Dive Jacob, Sam, and Oren, who was the first fan to translate Danganronpa into English, revisit this series' legacy from the first game all the way through the controversial new ...
Now that all the hottest shows of the year have premiered, it's time to run down what popular trends are on the rise for more series to come in 2018! ― Guys, we've survived another year of anime! It's been four seasons of 30+ premieres each vying for our unwavering attention. Last year I ran this list at the midway point, but I've decided going forward that it makes more sense to run it after the fa...
Does the newest entry in this difficult RPG series still hurt good enough to be worth the challenge? Todd Ciolek finds out. ― Etrian Odyssey games ask a lot. They require you to pace around dungeon grids full of nasty enemies. They require you to map out levels in the tradition of the hardest RPGs of 1986. They require you to try again and again, even after a sudden and vicious encounter wipes out yo...
You see delinquents and gang members of all stripes in anime high school - but are they really a thing in Japan? Justin gets into it. ― Kevin asked: Are gangs really prevalent among high schoolers (off the top of my head, gangs chasing Yusuke in YuYu, Baki, Shinici in Parasyte)? They do exist! They're not THAT prevalent, but they are definitely a prominent part of Japanese society. Every society has...
Naruto's son may be the protagonist of this next generation, but that doesn't mean he'd be the best at his father's job. Amy McNulty explains why Sasuke's daughter is more fit to lead the village instead. ― The original Naruto series stars a young boy with a big dream—the epitome of the Shonen Jump hero. Despite his rambunctious nature and lack of book smarts, Naruto Uzumaki longs to become his vill...
This queen-sized release is an excellent way to dive into a yuri manga that's a cut above the rest. Rose Bridges explores what makes Takako Shimura's creation so special. ― On the surface, Sweet Blue Flowers has all the setup for a classic yuri premise: an all-girls' school full of students blushing at each other, kissing in hallways and against library stacks. The outside world of compulsory heteros...