Press Releases - November 2006
- ADV Announces January 30 Releases ()
- Gen Con Announces New Executive ()
- 16 Animated Films Eligible for Golden Globes ()
- MTAC Brings Together Fans of Anime with the Voices Behind the Creations ()
- Yuri Manga Anthology "Yuri Monogatari 4" to Premiere at Comiket ()
- Fullmetal Alchemist TCG named "Best Anime TCG of 2006" ()
- Phoenix Comicon announces Art and Costume Contest Tour ()
- DrMaster Now Shipping... ()
- ADV Announces January 23 Releases ()
- Viz Media Debuts Bleach on DVD ()
- Purgatory Kabuki Preview in Play Magazine ()
- Pokemon Launches Most Powerful Deck Yet ()
- SJPA Launches New Site ()
- Seven Seas Announces He Is My Master & Sota-Kun ()
- Buyrinkya Japan Store Grand Opening On-Line ()
- Right Stuf's Anime Today Interviews Sean Schemmel ()
- PLAY! to feature music from ActRaiser ()
- World Famous Hello Kitty Advances to New Digital Heights ()
- Video Games Live Announces Festival for FIrst Ever UK Concert ()
- AnimeNEXT Announces Mascot Naming Contest ()
- CPM Schedules Four Re-Repriced Releases ()
- Planetwide Media and Tokyopop Announce Tokyopop Manga Creator ()
- GDH Group Announces the Formation of New Content Fund ()
- Play! is coming back to Sweden ()
- ADV Acquires SGT. Frog ()
- NYCC to Feature Anime Screenings and Programming ()
- PLAY! is coming to Hartford ()
- Yamato USA - Tandmen Twin Animal Girls ()
- Anime Matsuri Launches ()
- ADV Announces January 16 Releases ()
- Otaku University Announces $1,000 Grant ()
- Right Stuf Launches His and Her Circumstances Site ()
- Infinity Studios November Editor's Picks ()
- AnikiCon in Germany is proud to present the Ali Project ()
- Viz Media Announces New Anime for 2006 Holiday Season ()
- Organic Hobby Releases Asuka Figure ()
- Organic Hobby New Releases ()
- Namco Bandai Games' Naruto: Uzumaki Chronicles Battles onto Retail Shelves ()
- JoyRide Entertainment announces charity tournament series ()
- Naruto Road Show Continues ()
- Organic Hobby Presents Witchblade ()
- ALC Publishing Presents Yuri Manga Anthology "Yuri Monogatari 4" ()
- Yamato USA New Releases ()
- Sakura-Con Announces First Electronic Sakura-Conduit Newsletter ()
- Dragon Ball Z Digitally Remastered in High Definition and Restored ()
- MAX and Anime USA on XM Radio ()
- Right Stuf Celebrates One Year of Anime Today Podcast ()
- Tales of Anime returns for 2007 ()
- Dragon Ball Returns to U.S. Television on the FUNimation Channel ()
- American Anime Awards to be Hosted by New York Comic Con ()
- Namco Bandai Games Announces Inuyasha: Secret Of The Divine Jewel For The Nintendo DS ()
- Toon Radio joins UpSNAP ()
- DrMaster Ships Eternal Alice Key Princess Story ()
- 4Kids Entertainment Reports Third Quarter 2006 Results ()
- Tales of Anime announces 2007 dates ()
- Kirin Lemon Black: Monster Blacks Fights Back" Awarded Best Commercial Film ()
- ADV Announces January 9 Releases ()
- ADV Announces Mobile Anime Network Service ()
- Video Games Live Breaks New Ground in South America & Europe ()
- Phoenix Anime Fest 2nd Japanese Guest Kosuke Okazaki ()
- Infinity Studios Website Hosts The Now Online Poll ()
- Organic Hobby New Releases ()
- Voice Actors Take the Central Coast By Storm at The Grand Opening of Anime Express in Paso Robles ()
- Viz Media Announces the Exciting Conclusion of Ranma 1/2 ()
- Organic Hobby New Releases ()
- .hack//ROOTS Premiere on Cartoon Network ()
- Rinkya Announces Doujinshi Sale ()
- WFAC Announces Full Programme for 2006 Animation Festival ()
- ADV Films & Shochiku Announce Licensing Deals ()
- Princess Tutu Event ()
- Graphic Novelist at the SF Public Library Nov. 14 ()
- Illumitoon & Westlake Acquire Bobobo-Bo Bo-Bobo ()
- ADV Acquires “Le Chevalier D'Eon” For North America, UK & Australia ()
- ADV Announces January 2 Releases ()
Some folks find lurid anime sex comedies featuring teenagers like High School DxD deeply offensive, but won't bat an eye at an American live-action sex comedy set in high school. What gives? Justin gets into it. ― Dave asked: Recently an anime company was on facebook promoting an upcoming release of a fanservice heavy show set at a Highschool. The comment section got pretty toxic pretty quickly with...
Paul takes a look at this prequel film that might be better than its source series, along with a breakdown of all this week's new anime releases! ― This week, I learned that those generic plastic Blu-Ray cases are surprisingly resilient. My review copy of No Game, No Life Zero got absolutely pulverized in the mail, to the point where the case now looks like somebody tried really hard to karate chop ...
Beautiful visuals and heartening character work butt up against cheesy dialogue and rushed plotting in the conclusion to ufotable's ambitious JRPG adaptation. ― It's sad to say it, but the second half of the anime adaptation of Tales of Zestiria the X is still suffering from the pacing issues brought about by the inclusion of the Tales of Berseria episodes back in its first cour. What's particularly ...
Mike embarks on a voyage to the Great White North to discover Canada's history of English anime dubs both great and terrible! ― One of the best things about anime being a fairly hot ticket in global entertainment is the multitude of ways it just suddenly shows up, be it in theaters, on TV, or online. Once upon a time, you could keep track of pretty much everything that was being aired and screened in...
We get stories about hapless teens getting spirited away to another world all the time, but what do the native citizens of those fantasy kingdoms think of these interlopers? This quirky light novel series offers their perspective. ― Oh look, another novel about a regular Japanese teenager summoned to a game-like fantasy world as a hero in order to defeat one of those apparently ubiquitous demon lords...
Sometimes scheduling problems lead to recap episodes or unplanned hiatuses, and sometimes they result in an entire show's artwork slipping into insanity. Here are seven of the most memorable animation meltdowns. ― There's a lot of variables that can cause an anime television production to go off schedule and affect the quality of a show. Poor animation quality is not always, or even usually a reflec...
When a traffic accident lands an office worker in the body of an otome game villainess, is there anything she can do to change her fate? Rebecca Silverman finds out. ― If the male-oriented isekai story tends to land our reborn boy protagonist in a position where he becomes the king of his own personal harem, then the female-oriented version is that she gets plopped down in the middle of her favorite ...
In North America we usually bust out the skeletons and draculas in October, but in manga, it seems like summertime is a much spookier season. Deb is ready to explain why! ― Why is Summer considered the season for spooky stories in manga, not Autumn / October like it is in North America? Much as Halloween at the end of October is the holiday that anchors the season for spooks and ghouls in North Amer...
just for fun
ANNCast is back with the audio from our panel at Otakon 2018, featuring special guest Mike Toole! Zac and Mike take a quick tour of 20 years of ANN history, followed by a Q&A session with the audience. ― ANNCast Live at Otakon 2018 ANNCast is back with the audio from our panel at Otakon 2018, featuring special guest Mike Toole! Zac and Mike take a quick tour of 20 years of ANN history, followed by a...
Studio TRIGGER's tokusatsu re-imagining SSSS.GRIDMAN hits this October, and we've got a fun and fascinating in-depth chat with two of the show's staff - animator Masaru Sakamoto and animation director Masato Takeuchi. ― It's a big year for Studio TRIGGER director Akira Amemiya. After helming two well-received short series (the adorable Space Patrol Luluco and the cult smash Inferno Cop), Amemiya has ...
Kazuya Ide, producer for visual effects and animation studio Shirogumi Inc, chats about revisions, his new CG anime from the director of Code Geass, what it takes to put together a CG anime, and the future of animation in Japan. ― Kazuya Ide is a producer for Shirogumi Inc., a visual effects and animation studio in Japan with a decades-long legacy - you've likely seen their work in Shin Godzilla (or ...
Romance and leisure butt heads for the heroine of this grounded and relatable dramedy for adult women. Rebecca Silverman has the details. ― At first blush, Tokyo Alice looks like a manga version of the stereotype that women just love to shop more than anything else in the world. And that is part of what's going on here – Fu Arisugawa is a shopaholic, specifically addicted to brand names and expensive...