Press Releases - November 2006
- ADV Announces January 30 Releases ()
- Gen Con Announces New Executive ()
- Phoenix Comicon announces Art and Costume Contest Tour ()
- 16 Animated Films Eligible for Golden Globes ()
- MTAC Brings Together Fans of Anime with the Voices Behind the Creations ()
- Yuri Manga Anthology "Yuri Monogatari 4" to Premiere at Comiket ()
- Fullmetal Alchemist TCG named "Best Anime TCG of 2006" ()
- DrMaster Now Shipping... ()
- ADV Announces January 23 Releases ()
- Viz Media Debuts Bleach on DVD ()
- Purgatory Kabuki Preview in Play Magazine ()
- Pokemon Launches Most Powerful Deck Yet ()
- SJPA Launches New Site ()
- Seven Seas Announces He Is My Master & Sota-Kun ()
- Buyrinkya Japan Store Grand Opening On-Line ()
- Right Stuf's Anime Today Interviews Sean Schemmel ()
- PLAY! to feature music from ActRaiser ()
- World Famous Hello Kitty Advances to New Digital Heights ()
- Video Games Live Announces Festival for FIrst Ever UK Concert ()
- AnimeNEXT Announces Mascot Naming Contest ()
- CPM Schedules Four Re-Repriced Releases ()
- Planetwide Media and Tokyopop Announce Tokyopop Manga Creator ()
- GDH Group Announces the Formation of New Content Fund ()
- Play! is coming back to Sweden ()
- ADV Acquires SGT. Frog ()
- NYCC to Feature Anime Screenings and Programming ()
- PLAY! is coming to Hartford ()
- Yamato USA - Tandmen Twin Animal Girls ()
- Anime Matsuri Launches ()
- ADV Announces January 16 Releases ()
- Otaku University Announces $1,000 Grant ()
- Right Stuf Launches His and Her Circumstances Site ()
- Infinity Studios November Editor's Picks ()
- AnikiCon in Germany is proud to present the Ali Project ()
- Viz Media Announces New Anime for 2006 Holiday Season ()
- Organic Hobby Releases Asuka Figure ()
- Namco Bandai Games' Naruto: Uzumaki Chronicles Battles onto Retail Shelves ()
- JoyRide Entertainment announces charity tournament series ()
- Organic Hobby New Releases ()
- Naruto Road Show Continues ()
- Organic Hobby Presents Witchblade ()
- ALC Publishing Presents Yuri Manga Anthology "Yuri Monogatari 4" ()
- Yamato USA New Releases ()
- Sakura-Con Announces First Electronic Sakura-Conduit Newsletter ()
- Dragon Ball Z Digitally Remastered in High Definition and Restored ()
- MAX and Anime USA on XM Radio ()
- Tales of Anime returns for 2007 ()
- Dragon Ball Returns to U.S. Television on the FUNimation Channel ()
- American Anime Awards to be Hosted by New York Comic Con ()
- Right Stuf Celebrates One Year of Anime Today Podcast ()
- DrMaster Ships Eternal Alice Key Princess Story ()
- 4Kids Entertainment Reports Third Quarter 2006 Results ()
- Tales of Anime announces 2007 dates ()
- Kirin Lemon Black: Monster Blacks Fights Back" Awarded Best Commercial Film ()
- ADV Announces January 9 Releases ()
- Namco Bandai Games Announces Inuyasha: Secret Of The Divine Jewel For The Nintendo DS ()
- Toon Radio joins UpSNAP ()
- ADV Announces Mobile Anime Network Service ()
- Video Games Live Breaks New Ground in South America & Europe ()
- Phoenix Anime Fest 2nd Japanese Guest Kosuke Okazaki ()
- Infinity Studios Website Hosts The Now Online Poll ()
- Organic Hobby New Releases ()
- Rinkya Announces Doujinshi Sale ()
- Voice Actors Take the Central Coast By Storm at The Grand Opening of Anime Express in Paso Robles ()
- Viz Media Announces the Exciting Conclusion of Ranma 1/2 ()
- Organic Hobby New Releases ()
- .hack//ROOTS Premiere on Cartoon Network ()
- WFAC Announces Full Programme for 2006 Animation Festival ()
- Princess Tutu Event ()
- Graphic Novelist at the SF Public Library Nov. 14 ()
- Illumitoon & Westlake Acquire Bobobo-Bo Bo-Bobo ()
- ADV Acquires “Le Chevalier D'Eon” For North America, UK & Australia ()
- ADV Films & Shochiku Announce Licensing Deals ()
- ADV Announces January 2 Releases ()
Zac and special guest Dawn from the Anime Nostalgia Podcast reveal their undying love for Rumiko Takahashi, titan of manga, creator of timeless classics like Urusei Yatsura, Ranma 1/2 and more. ― ANNCast Episode 300 - Rumiko Talkahashi Zac and special guest Dawn from the Anime Nostalgia Podcast reveal their undying love for Rumiko Takahashi, titan of manga, creator of timeless classics like Urusei Y...
We're not used to smash hit anime coming from China, but they have a bonafide success in The King's Avatar - here's everything you need to know about the phenomenon. ― It seems fair to say that every country has its own basic style or flavor of animation. When we think of Asian animated works, most of us go immediately to anime, the Japanese variant, and it certainly is among the most prevalent and a...
Ten years before Princess Elizabeth set out to find Meliodas and the other Sins, her older sister Margaret and Gilthunder struggle to keep a terrible secret in this prequel to The Seven Deadly Sins. Rebecca Silverman investigates. ― If you're a casual fan of Nakaba Suzuki's manga The Seven Deadly Sins or its anime adaptation, you should be aware that this novel is intended to be read either after the...
just for fun
Attack on Titan races up the charts as the Spring anime season closes out! How did your favorite anime fare in our weekly user rankings? ― Our team of reviewers are following 27 anime series of the Spring 2017 season and readers are rating each episode as the reviews go up. So let's have a look at what ANN readers consider the best (and worst) of the season. Keep in mind that these rankings are base...
Dustin goes a few rounds with Nintendo's noodle-armed fighting game for the Switch just in time for the summer. PLUS: Konami controversy, Rap Rabbit's demise, Sega Forever and more! ― Even covering it from the comfort of a home office, the sheer volume of E3 was positively exhausting. My heart goes out to the poor writers in the trenches, and even more to the poor fans who paid money for the mostly u...
Is this slice of life comedy about convenience store candy a sugar rush worth indulging, or is it just as frivolously forgettable as its subject matter? Nick Creamer finds out. ― Anime has already offered us long-running dramas about baking bread and entire franchises predicated on idols fighting interstellar wars, so it's tough to be surprised by basically any premise these days. Slice of life in pa...
Ever since one Pokemon episode caused an unanticipated medical emergency, there have been viewer warnings in front of many anime on TV. Why are they starting to go away now? ― Chris asks: Back in the day, after that infamous episode of Pokémon gave viewers seizures, many anime would start with an on-screen warning to watch with the lights on and at a safe distance from the TV. A bunch of my late-90'...
Your complete guide to through the best (and the worst) theatrical feature films the Gundam franchise has to offer. ― Spanning 38 years of giant robot battle action and space opera drama, the Gundam franchise has remained hugely popular. It is also, to put it simply, huge. Between TV series, OVAs, and movies, hundreds of hours of anime bearing the Gundam name has been produced. It's a lot to take in,...
Have no fear, for the Limited Edition blu-ray of My Hero Academia is here! Nick Creamer revisits the strengths and weaknesses of this first season alongside its extras-packed home release. ― Debuting just three years ago, My Hero Academia has swiftly become one of the headline manga of Shounen Jump, a rip-roaring adventure elevated by strong art, charming characters, and consistent mastery of battle ...
The biggest shows of the Spring season pull out their biggest twists and bloodiest climaxes this week, but some are more successful than others. From Re:Creators to Kado The Right Answer, Nick and Micchy cover this gory week in anime! ― Previous Weeks in Anime Week 1 - Week 2 - Week 3 - Week 4 - Week 5Week 6 - Week 7 - Week 8 Nicholas Dupree got into anime in high school, and manga even earlier. From...
just for fun
Maybell discovers that Artist's Alley is a lot more brutal than she might've been expecting. ―
The Mahouka movie has just landed in theaters, and Kim Morrissy has an inside scoop! Is this original story worth checking out for longtime fans or even newcomers? ― When the TV series of The Irregular at Magic High School first aired in 2014, its highly technical magic system and overpowered protagonist proved to be polarizing. The anime's dry visual presentation and clumsy pacing only made it more ...