Press Releases - November 2006
- ADV Announces January 30 Releases ()
- Gen Con Announces New Executive ()
- 16 Animated Films Eligible for Golden Globes ()
- MTAC Brings Together Fans of Anime with the Voices Behind the Creations ()
- Yuri Manga Anthology "Yuri Monogatari 4" to Premiere at Comiket ()
- Fullmetal Alchemist TCG named "Best Anime TCG of 2006" ()
- Phoenix Comicon announces Art and Costume Contest Tour ()
- ADV Announces January 23 Releases ()
- Viz Media Debuts Bleach on DVD ()
- DrMaster Now Shipping... ()
- Purgatory Kabuki Preview in Play Magazine ()
- Pokemon Launches Most Powerful Deck Yet ()
- SJPA Launches New Site ()
- Seven Seas Announces He Is My Master & Sota-Kun ()
- Buyrinkya Japan Store Grand Opening On-Line ()
- Right Stuf's Anime Today Interviews Sean Schemmel ()
- PLAY! to feature music from ActRaiser ()
- World Famous Hello Kitty Advances to New Digital Heights ()
- Video Games Live Announces Festival for FIrst Ever UK Concert ()
- AnimeNEXT Announces Mascot Naming Contest ()
- CPM Schedules Four Re-Repriced Releases ()
- Planetwide Media and Tokyopop Announce Tokyopop Manga Creator ()
- GDH Group Announces the Formation of New Content Fund ()
- Play! is coming back to Sweden ()
- ADV Acquires SGT. Frog ()
- NYCC to Feature Anime Screenings and Programming ()
- PLAY! is coming to Hartford ()
- Yamato USA - Tandmen Twin Animal Girls ()
- Anime Matsuri Launches ()
- ADV Announces January 16 Releases ()
- Otaku University Announces $1,000 Grant ()
- Right Stuf Launches His and Her Circumstances Site ()
- Infinity Studios November Editor's Picks ()
- AnikiCon in Germany is proud to present the Ali Project ()
- Viz Media Announces New Anime for 2006 Holiday Season ()
- Organic Hobby Releases Asuka Figure ()
- Namco Bandai Games' Naruto: Uzumaki Chronicles Battles onto Retail Shelves ()
- JoyRide Entertainment announces charity tournament series ()
- Organic Hobby New Releases ()
- Naruto Road Show Continues ()
- Organic Hobby Presents Witchblade ()
- ALC Publishing Presents Yuri Manga Anthology "Yuri Monogatari 4" ()
- Yamato USA New Releases ()
- Sakura-Con Announces First Electronic Sakura-Conduit Newsletter ()
- Dragon Ball Z Digitally Remastered in High Definition and Restored ()
- MAX and Anime USA on XM Radio ()
- Dragon Ball Returns to U.S. Television on the FUNimation Channel ()
- American Anime Awards to be Hosted by New York Comic Con ()
- Right Stuf Celebrates One Year of Anime Today Podcast ()
- Tales of Anime returns for 2007 ()
- 4Kids Entertainment Reports Third Quarter 2006 Results ()
- Tales of Anime announces 2007 dates ()
- Kirin Lemon Black: Monster Blacks Fights Back" Awarded Best Commercial Film ()
- ADV Announces January 9 Releases ()
- Namco Bandai Games Announces Inuyasha: Secret Of The Divine Jewel For The Nintendo DS ()
- Toon Radio joins UpSNAP ()
- DrMaster Ships Eternal Alice Key Princess Story ()
- ADV Announces Mobile Anime Network Service ()
- Video Games Live Breaks New Ground in South America & Europe ()
- Phoenix Anime Fest 2nd Japanese Guest Kosuke Okazaki ()
- Infinity Studios Website Hosts The Now Online Poll ()
- Organic Hobby New Releases ()
- Voice Actors Take the Central Coast By Storm at The Grand Opening of Anime Express in Paso Robles ()
- Viz Media Announces the Exciting Conclusion of Ranma 1/2 ()
- Organic Hobby New Releases ()
- .hack//ROOTS Premiere on Cartoon Network ()
- Rinkya Announces Doujinshi Sale ()
- WFAC Announces Full Programme for 2006 Animation Festival ()
- Princess Tutu Event ()
- Graphic Novelist at the SF Public Library Nov. 14 ()
- Illumitoon & Westlake Acquire Bobobo-Bo Bo-Bobo ()
- ADV Acquires “Le Chevalier D'Eon” For North America, UK & Australia ()
- ADV Films & Shochiku Announce Licensing Deals ()
- ADV Announces January 2 Releases ()
My Hero Academia expands the scope of its cast and conflict in a volume that works to build up its characters for changes to come. Nick Creamer has the details. ― My Hero Academia's ninth volume represented a dramatic and aesthetic peak for this thrilling story. Finding themselves hunted by the League of Villains while away on their training retreat, Midoriya and his classmates were forced to rally b...
2017 had a nonstop flurry of mindblowing videogames, from Zelda to Nier to Persona 5 and beyond - here's a guide to the most likely candidates for your Christmas list. ―
Our giant glittering gift guide continues with a tour through the stacks of this year's best artbooks, manga, box sets and much more! ―
What happens when the world of Parasyte collides with Hiro Mashima's Fairy Tail? Find out in our exclusive preview of Kodansha Comics' new anthology, Neo Parasyte m! ― There aren't too many manga that are as beloved as Hitoshi Iwaki's landmark series Parasyte - it's cited constantly by creators the world over as a major influence on their work. Out today from Kodansha Comics, Neo Parasyte m is an ant...
You probably can't even count the number of times jan-ken-pon comes up in anime. Why is it so ubiquitous? Justin has an answer. ― Samuel asked: Mind explaining the history of the Japanese version of Westerners' "rock/paper/scissors" known as jan-ken-pon (and what each gesture looks like and does to another gesture)? The game of Rock-Paper-Scissors is so ancient and so pervasive across the world, the...
Director Masaki Tachibana answered questions about his surprise hit anime series at this year's inaugural Anime NYC. Rachel Kelly has the details from this special screening and Q&A sessions! ― Princess Principal is an anime about cute girls being spies in a fictional, steampunk version of Victorian London, an original project that came seemingly out of nowhere. While it wasn't highly anticipated goi...
This surprisingly dark shoujo romance wraps its themes of colonialism around a "Little Red Riding Hood" tale. Rebecca Silverman untangles its heavy yet rewarding story. ― Well, hey there, Little Red Riding Hood! Aarne-Thompson tale type 333, the story best known as “Little Red Riding Hood” in English, has been one of anime and manga's go-to fairy tales for inspiration, and Spica Aoki's Beasts of Abig...
URAHARA is about as cute, unassuming, and completely under-the-radar as you can get. This week in anime, we dig in to see if we've been sitting on something special. ― URAHARA is about as cute, unassuming, and completely under-the-radar as you can get. This week in anime, Michelle and Jacob dig in to see if they've been sitting on a hidden gem this season. Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed...
Looking for the perfect way to express your otaku side no matter where you go? Our guide to the best anime fashion and accessories of the season will get you there! ―
just for fun
Who among us can resist the siren song of the kitchen after watching a bunch of Food Wars? ―
The first arc of Sword Oratoria that provided the season finale for its anime adaptation comes to a close. Theron Martin compares these two versions for any juicy details that may have gotten left out. ― Despite leaving out a few details here and there, the DanMachi anime series was largely a faithful and excellent adaptation of the source novels. The anime version of Sword Oratoria was a far less im...
just for fun
Jacob and Zac chew on Justice League for a while before digging in to your Twitter questions - Evangelion, Kino's Journey, Ancient Magus Bride and a whole lot more! ― ANNCast Episode 311 - New Dominion Thank Police Jacob and Zac chew on Justice League for a while before digging in to your Twitter questions - Evangelion, Kino's Journey, Ancient Magus Bride and a whole lot more! You can listen to the ...
Our 2017 Holiday Gift Guide begins with an enormous gilded mountain of 2017's biggest and brightest DVD and bluray anime releases! ―
What's the difference between letterboxing and pillarboxing? And what are those tiny black borders you see on some old anime that don't have any of that? Justin Sevakis explains. ― Duc asked: Every once in a while, especially when I'm watching an older movie on Blu-ray, I'll see a thin border around the picture. Why is that there? Also, can you explain the difference between pillarboxing and letterb...
Our correspondent saw the live-action Fullmetal Alchemist movie during its world premiere at Anime NYC this weekend - here's her full report, plus comments from the director! ― The live-action Fullmetal Alchemist movie, directed by Fumihiko Sori, made its world premiere at the Tokyo International Film Festival on October 25 and will open in Japan on December 1. Luckily for us, the movie made a specia...
Gabriella revisits the anime adaptation of this hit JRPG to see if it's worth watching on its own merits, while Paul runs down all this week's new releases along with a new king-sized Shelf Obsessed! ― Since in-game purchases seem to be a hot topic in the video game world these days, I figured I'd offer up a potentially obvious piece of advice as someone who's bought and collected all kinds of junk ...
Erina's evolution comes to a head as Soma battles Tsukasa in this exciting volume. Rebecca Silverman has the details. ― Ever since Erina's father Azami Nakiri returned to Totsuki in an orchestrated semi-hostile takeover, the school has been in an uproar. Not only is he trying to remake Japan's culinary world in his own image, but he's also dedicated himself to stamping out what he sees as unnecessary...
The complete manga that inspired the award-winning film is finally available in English. Rose Bridges compares this edition to its adaptation and as a work of historical fiction on its own. ― When I saw the film version of In This Corner of the World at Otakon this year, I was impressed and thrilled, but also struck by its odd plot structure. Nearly all of the film's driving narrative is in the third...
All of the news headlines from this weekend's Anime NYC event in New York City, plus our cosplay galleries and plenty of photos from around the convention floor! ― November 17-19, 2017, New York City Cosplay Galleries Cosplay Gallery Day I Cosplay Gallery Day II Photos From Around The Convention Floor Day One Headlines Viz Media Licenses Mazinger Z Infinity Film Viz Media Licenses That Blue Sky Feel...