Press Releases - February 2011
- Crunchyroll To Release A Myriad Of Brand New Anime This Week ()
- No Gen Con Australia in 2011 ()
- MangaGamer Announces Release of Koihime Musou ()
- Tora-Con 2011 Announces Second Round of Guests ()
- Otakon's Dealer's Room Registration Now Open ()
- Anime USA Announces Laura Bailey and Travis Willingham ()
- Anime Expo 2011 Will Feature Japanese Pop Culture Sensation Danny Choo as an Official Guest of Honor ()
- Tokyo Kawaii Magazine vol.6 – Available March 1st ()
- An Easy Way To Get Into One Piece: The One Piece Loguebook Podcast Premieres ()
- Plenty of Laughs in the New Viz Media Manga Series Oresama Teacher ()
- Anime USA Announces DJ SiSeN ()
- Worldwide Premiere Of High School Of The Dead - English Dub ()
- Worldwide Premier of High School of the Dead - English Dub ()
- ‘Otaku-Verse Zero’ Investigates Harajuku Fashion At 6%Dokidoki! ()
- Crunchyroll Locks And Loads A Full Clip Of Anime This Week ()
- Anime Series Hikaru No Go And Mär Now Available From Multiple Online Content Outlets ()
- Durarara!! Brings Big City Action to TinierMe ()
- Chainsaw Buffet Interviews Actor Kyle Hebert ()
- Dark Horse Named Manga Publisher of the Year in Diamond's Gem Awards! ()
- FUNimation Announces Baka and Test Cast ()
- FUNimation Entertainment Acquires TO ()
- Viz Media Debuts Neuro: Supernatural Detective on VizAnime and Hulu ()
- Haruhi Season 2 and Haruhi Chan 1 Batch Audio Issue; Replacement Program ()
- Anime Expo 2011 Proudly Presents the World Premiere of “Last Exile -Fam, the Silver Wing-” ()
- Anime Expo 2011 Will Feature Voice Actor and Singer Vic Mignogna as an Official Guest of Honor ()
- MangaGamer and Hendane Proudly Announce the Opening of Pre-orders for the Da Capo Limited Edition! ()
- AM2 Brings More Fun to Attendees with the Official Passport Pre-registration Contest ()
- Coming Soon to a Store Near You– Yu-Gi-Oh! 3D: Bonds Beyond Time Movie Pack! ()
- Funimation Channel Vod Package Now Available with Premium SD and HD Content Through Comcast Media Center ()
- Section23 Films Announces May Slate ()
- All The World Is a Stage as the Best of the Best Come to Compete at the World Cosplay Summit Regionals at AM2 ()
- Celebrate Vocaloid Kaito's 5th Anniversary with This Special Collection ()
- Borders Group Files for Reorganization Relief Under Chapter 11 ()
- New People Presents Sci-Fi Action Thriller Gantz For One-Night-Only This Saturday ()
- "Otaku-Verse Zero" Searches for Buried Treasure at the Mandrake Superstore in Episode 12! ()
- London Gaming Con, London Anime Con & Alcon ()
- 91.8 The Fan's Interview Schedule: Feb. 14th – 18th ()
- Animate USA – New Releases In Amazon Kindle Store ()
- Introducing "Uniqlo Presents: We Love Anime" ()
- Crunchyroll Shows Valentines Day Love With Big Anime Releases ()
- Right Stuf's Nozomi Ent. Launches Antique Bakery Site With Interview, Recipe and More! ()
- Chainsaw Buffet Interviews Voice Actress Jessica Straus ()
- Haruhi Season Two Goes Live on Crunchyroll Today ()
- Gravity Interactive's Ragnarok Online Receives the MMOsite.com Reader's Choice Awards as One of the Best Online P2P ()
- Hetalia: Axis Powers Are Invading TinierMe! ()
- Sentai Filmworks Announces Dream Eater Merry ()
- AM2 Announces Online Applications for Panels and Workshops Now Open ()
- Konami Digital Entertainment Strengthens Its Hand with the Introduction of a Legion of Yu-Gi-Oh! Trading Card Game Products at American International Toy Fair ()
- MangaGamer Announces Higurashi Bundle! ()
- Lolitas and Cosplayers February Gathering in California's Central Coast ()
- Fantasy Adventure Series Merupuri and Natsume's Book of Friends Launch in February on the VIZ Manga App for iPad ()
- Anime Expo 2011 Champions Creativity and Skill By Awarding AMV Winners Bigger-Than-Ever Cash Prizes ()
- Gundam UC Vol. 3 North American Release! ()
- Home Entertainment Releases Nausicaa & Earthsea ()
- Tokyo Kawaii Magazine's Suzumiya Haruhi Special Issue, now on App Store ()
- Midlands MCM Expo 2011 - Get Ready For Lift-Off On 19 February! ()
- 'Otaku-verse Zero' Invades Nakano Broadway In Episode 11! ()
- Stereopony returning to the US for a performance at Anime Boston as the honored guest! ()
- Evangelion: 2.0 attacks Chicago, Boston, Minneapolis and More... ()
- New People Rebrands and Launches New Corporate Divisions to Expand the Core Mission to Spread Japanese Pop Culture Throughout North America ()
- Tora-Con 2011 Announces First Guests, Dates, Pre-Registration and New Website ()
- Online Pre-Registration Goes Live for Anime Festival Orlando 12 ()
- 91.8 The Fan's Interview Schedule: Feb. 7-11 ()
- "Gundam UC" Volume 3 (Blu-ray Disc) to be Released Worldwide in April ()
- TCAF Welcomes Manga-ka Usamaru Furuya to the 2011 Festival ()
- Voice Actress Michelle Ruff to Attend Shuto Con ()
- Cat Sh*t One English Dub Version Free on YouTube ()
- Kotobukiya Attends New York Toyfair 2011 ()
- Konami Digital Entertainment Announces Plans for a 2011 Yu-Gi-Oh! Trading Card Game Mall Tour ()
- Steve Blum, Reni Mimura Join Epcar, Stern, Others at Tekkoshocon IX ()
- New Naruto Shippuden Episodes Now Online The Day After Airing On Disney XD ()
- Anime Expo 2011 Announces Over US$25,000 in Masquerade Cash & Prizes ()
- New People Presents Special Theatrical Events for The Garden of Sinners, Kim Ki-duk's Breath and GANTZ in February ()
- 'Otaku-Verse Zero' Begins Streaming on Crunchyroll With Episode 10 ()
- AniMinneapolis announces Shannon and Richard Townsend ()
- Tokyopop Debuts Groundbreaking New Series 'America's Greatest Otaku' ()
- ReedPop Extends New York Comic Con to Take Place Over Four Days in 2011 ()
- Acclaimed manga creator Natsume Ono in Toronto, May 7-8! TCAF 2011 ()
- Toronto Public Library and The Beguiling Present Natsume Ono at TCAF 2011 ()
Loading next article...
Watching anime doesn't have to be purely a shut-in pursuit! Here are six titles that encourage you to explore the wonders of the natural world. ― One of my favorite anime airing this season is Laid-Back Camp, a story that looks like another "cute girls doing cute things" anime on the surface but ended up delivering more for me. That's not to say that it doesn't star cute girls who mostly hang out do...
This manga spinoff of the surprise hit franchise brings some great art to the table but falls short on story. Rebecca Silverman has the details. ― The surprise hit anime of last year, Kemono Friends, is only one portion of a multimedia franchise – there are games, apps, and a variety of other bits and bobs to accompany the anime. Fly's two-volume manga Welcome to Japari Park, collected into a single ...
The Eureka Seven art contest has been extended, and we're adding new prizes! ― The Eureka Seven Hi-Evolution film series lands in theaters later this year. The original staff, chief director Tomoki Kyoda, screenplay writer Dai Sato, and character designer Kenichi Yoshida, have all returned. Other staff members from the past series, including character animation director Ayumi Kurashima, Shigeru Fujit...
Zac, Jacob and special guest Gabriella Ekens fiendishly devour as many of the 2018 winter premieres as they can, plus Godzilla: Planet of the Monsters! ― ANNCast Episode 317 - Winter 2018 Anime Roundup Zac, Jacob and special guest Gabriella Ekens fiendishly devour as many of the 2018 winter premieres as they can, plus Godzilla: Planet of the Monsters! You can listen to the show on our player here, d...
Older anime like Evangelion frequently have strange "jumps" in between edits - why is that, and what can be done about it? Justin goes in deep! ― K.o.R asked: Why, on a lot of older anime series, does the picture appear to jerk sideways whenever there is a cut? It's noticeable on things like the original release of Evangelion, for example. In the years before anime went all-digital, TV shows were ed...
One of the only American artists to ever serialize a manga in Japan, Part I of our interview with Peepo Choo mangaka Felipe Smith goes in-depth on the manga industry and his incredible career. ― “Unlike most manga-inspired artists I know, I wasn't so much wowed by the [style of] manga as I was by its incredible abundance of ordinary, lifelike, slice-of-life scenarios and characters.” Inspired by that...
The most popular Gundam series in the Western hemisphere finally comes to Blu-ray in this extravagant set filled with bonus goodies. But does the show still hold up 20 years later? Lauren Orsini finds out. ― Gundam Wing was one of the first anime I ever saw, and I'm not alone. When the show first aired on Cartoon Network's Toonami in 2000, it created a wave of brand new-anime fans who are now in thei...
The Raten Taisho: a festival where people with abnormal powers gather. ― Hitori No Shita The Outcast 2 (Raten Taisho Chapter) Official Website: http://hitorinoshita2.com/ Introduction Story Characters Cast & Staff Gallery An episode 0 (recap of the first season) will be broadcast on January 10, 2018 (JST). 1st episode of the season 2, will then start January 17, 2018 (JST). Key Staff Animation Produ...
Now that it's done setting up its story, GARO -Vanishing Line- has taken off on a wild road trip across the USA. We explore how this change has made the show stronger. ― Now that it's done setting up its story, GARO -Vanishing Line- has taken off on a wild road trip across the USA. This week in anime, Nick and Steve expound on how this change has made the show stronger. Disclaimer: The views and opin...
Beloved veteran voice actor Johnny Yong Bosch chats about his role in Digimon Adventure Tri, stepping into an established character, and who his ideal Digimon partner would be! ― In anticipation of the last three Digimon Adventure Tri. films being released with an English dub in theaters this year (kicking off with the premiere of Part 4: Loss on February 1st), we spoke to Johnny Yong Bosch about his...
There's a mountain of brand-new Nintendo news, from Detective Pikachu to craft cardboard. PLUS: SNK Heroines, Final Fantasy XV returns and much more! ― THIS WEEK IN GAMES: NINTENDO GONE WILD! When I write this column, I usually begin by writing an outline on Tuesday morning, working on it Tuesday and Wednesday, and then submitting it Wednesday evening for publication early Thursday morning. This usua...
To celebrate the release of the live action GINTAMA film, we are giving away awesome prize packs including exclusive merchandise only available in Japan! ― To celebrate the release of this laugh-out-loud Sci-Fi Samurai Comedy, we are giving away two awesome GINTAMA prize packs including exclusive merchandise only available in Japan! Get ready to laugh your brains out with the Yorozuya Crew! The inter...
The combined forces of Gen Urobuchi, Polygon Pictures and Netflix have a brand-new animated Godzilla movie for you! Well, the first half of one, anyway. Callum May straps in. ― If this is your first time experiencing Godzilla, turn back now. This is not a film for the uninitiated. Whilst other recent attempts to reboot the series, such as the American Godzilla in 2014 and the most recent Godzilla: Re...
Studio Ponoc's Yoshiaki Nishimura and Hiromasa Yonebayashi talk about escaping Ghibli and forging their own destinies with a lavish fantasy film. ― Mary and the Witch's Flower is the first theatrical feature from Studio Ponoc, a brand-new animation house brimming with former Studio Ghibli luminaries (and a whole lot of the artists responsible for making Ghibli films as beautiful as they are). Founded...
One reader wonders why Adult Swim went with the 2011 Hunter x Hunter instead of the original 90s version - and why in general, not much classic anime is on US TV. Justin considers the angles. ― Joshua asked: Why does Toonami always go with the new versions of series over the old classic ones? For example Hunter x Hunter choose the 2011 version over the 1999 version. As much as you and I love the loo...
This insanely salacious reboot of the Go Nagai classic brings Masaaki Yuasa's wild fantasies to life like nothing else. Mike Toole details how Crybaby holds up for both old fans and new. ― I met Masaaki Yuasa at Anime Expo a few years back. When he was first announced as the director of Devilman Crybaby, I remembered seeing him speak effusively of loving mainstream anime, prizing his work on Crayon S...