Press Releases - February 2011
- Crunchyroll To Release A Myriad Of Brand New Anime This Week ()
- MangaGamer Announces Release of Koihime Musou ()
- No Gen Con Australia in 2011 ()
- Tora-Con 2011 Announces Second Round of Guests ()
- Otakon's Dealer's Room Registration Now Open ()
- An Easy Way To Get Into One Piece: The One Piece Loguebook Podcast Premieres ()
- Plenty of Laughs in the New Viz Media Manga Series Oresama Teacher ()
- Anime USA Announces DJ SiSeN ()
- Anime USA Announces Laura Bailey and Travis Willingham ()
- Anime Expo 2011 Will Feature Japanese Pop Culture Sensation Danny Choo as an Official Guest of Honor ()
- Tokyo Kawaii Magazine vol.6 – Available March 1st ()
- ‘Otaku-Verse Zero’ Investigates Harajuku Fashion At 6%Dokidoki! ()
- Worldwide Premiere Of High School Of The Dead - English Dub ()
- Worldwide Premier of High School of the Dead - English Dub ()
- Crunchyroll Locks And Loads A Full Clip Of Anime This Week ()
- Anime Series Hikaru No Go And Mär Now Available From Multiple Online Content Outlets ()
- Durarara!! Brings Big City Action to TinierMe ()
- Chainsaw Buffet Interviews Actor Kyle Hebert ()
- Dark Horse Named Manga Publisher of the Year in Diamond's Gem Awards! ()
- FUNimation Announces Baka and Test Cast ()
- FUNimation Entertainment Acquires TO ()
- Viz Media Debuts Neuro: Supernatural Detective on VizAnime and Hulu ()
- Haruhi Season 2 and Haruhi Chan 1 Batch Audio Issue; Replacement Program ()
- Anime Expo 2011 Will Feature Voice Actor and Singer Vic Mignogna as an Official Guest of Honor ()
- MangaGamer and Hendane Proudly Announce the Opening of Pre-orders for the Da Capo Limited Edition! ()
- AM2 Brings More Fun to Attendees with the Official Passport Pre-registration Contest ()
- Coming Soon to a Store Near You– Yu-Gi-Oh! 3D: Bonds Beyond Time Movie Pack! ()
- Anime Expo 2011 Proudly Presents the World Premiere of “Last Exile -Fam, the Silver Wing-” ()
- Funimation Channel Vod Package Now Available with Premium SD and HD Content Through Comcast Media Center ()
- Section23 Films Announces May Slate ()
- All The World Is a Stage as the Best of the Best Come to Compete at the World Cosplay Summit Regionals at AM2 ()
- Celebrate Vocaloid Kaito's 5th Anniversary with This Special Collection ()
- Borders Group Files for Reorganization Relief Under Chapter 11 ()
- New People Presents Sci-Fi Action Thriller Gantz For One-Night-Only This Saturday ()
- "Otaku-Verse Zero" Searches for Buried Treasure at the Mandrake Superstore in Episode 12! ()
- London Gaming Con, London Anime Con & Alcon ()
- Animate USA – New Releases In Amazon Kindle Store ()
- Introducing "Uniqlo Presents: We Love Anime" ()
- Crunchyroll Shows Valentines Day Love With Big Anime Releases ()
- Right Stuf's Nozomi Ent. Launches Antique Bakery Site With Interview, Recipe and More! ()
- 91.8 The Fan's Interview Schedule: Feb. 14th – 18th ()
- Chainsaw Buffet Interviews Voice Actress Jessica Straus ()
- Haruhi Season Two Goes Live on Crunchyroll Today ()
- Gravity Interactive's Ragnarok Online Receives the MMOsite.com Reader's Choice Awards as One of the Best Online P2P ()
- Hetalia: Axis Powers Are Invading TinierMe! ()
- Sentai Filmworks Announces Dream Eater Merry ()
- AM2 Announces Online Applications for Panels and Workshops Now Open ()
- Konami Digital Entertainment Strengthens Its Hand with the Introduction of a Legion of Yu-Gi-Oh! Trading Card Game Products at American International Toy Fair ()
- MangaGamer Announces Higurashi Bundle! ()
- Home Entertainment Releases Nausicaa & Earthsea ()
- Tokyo Kawaii Magazine's Suzumiya Haruhi Special Issue, now on App Store ()
- Midlands MCM Expo 2011 - Get Ready For Lift-Off On 19 February! ()
- Lolitas and Cosplayers February Gathering in California's Central Coast ()
- Fantasy Adventure Series Merupuri and Natsume's Book of Friends Launch in February on the VIZ Manga App for iPad ()
- Anime Expo 2011 Champions Creativity and Skill By Awarding AMV Winners Bigger-Than-Ever Cash Prizes ()
- Gundam UC Vol. 3 North American Release! ()
- New People Rebrands and Launches New Corporate Divisions to Expand the Core Mission to Spread Japanese Pop Culture Throughout North America ()
- 'Otaku-verse Zero' Invades Nakano Broadway In Episode 11! ()
- Stereopony returning to the US for a performance at Anime Boston as the honored guest! ()
- Evangelion: 2.0 attacks Chicago, Boston, Minneapolis and More... ()
- Tora-Con 2011 Announces First Guests, Dates, Pre-Registration and New Website ()
- Online Pre-Registration Goes Live for Anime Festival Orlando 12 ()
- 91.8 The Fan's Interview Schedule: Feb. 7-11 ()
- "Gundam UC" Volume 3 (Blu-ray Disc) to be Released Worldwide in April ()
- TCAF Welcomes Manga-ka Usamaru Furuya to the 2011 Festival ()
- Voice Actress Michelle Ruff to Attend Shuto Con ()
- Cat Sh*t One English Dub Version Free on YouTube ()
- Kotobukiya Attends New York Toyfair 2011 ()
- Konami Digital Entertainment Announces Plans for a 2011 Yu-Gi-Oh! Trading Card Game Mall Tour ()
- Steve Blum, Reni Mimura Join Epcar, Stern, Others at Tekkoshocon IX ()
- New Naruto Shippuden Episodes Now Online The Day After Airing On Disney XD ()
- Anime Expo 2011 Announces Over US$25,000 in Masquerade Cash & Prizes ()
- New People Presents Special Theatrical Events for The Garden of Sinners, Kim Ki-duk's Breath and GANTZ in February ()
- 'Otaku-Verse Zero' Begins Streaming on Crunchyroll With Episode 10 ()
- AniMinneapolis announces Shannon and Richard Townsend ()
- Tokyopop Debuts Groundbreaking New Series 'America's Greatest Otaku' ()
- ReedPop Extends New York Comic Con to Take Place Over Four Days in 2011 ()
- Acclaimed manga creator Natsume Ono in Toronto, May 7-8! TCAF 2011 ()
- Toronto Public Library and The Beguiling Present Natsume Ono at TCAF 2011 ()
You see it in the credits of anime blurays and DVDs all the time - but what does "video post-production" actually entail? Justin has the answer. ― Craig asked: Just finished watching the third Berserk film, The Advent and in the credits I saw your name. for Video post production. What exactly do you do in terms of post production(clean up, video/audio compression, restoration?)? Do all companies who...
Paul Jensen takes a look at the long-awaited blu-ray of Kyoto Animation's unusual mystery series, along with a rundown of this week's new anime releases! ― I went to a screening of Lupin III: The Castle of Cagliostro last week. It was my first time seeing the movie, and I have to say it was a blast. If you're a Lupin fan or are interested in Hayao Miyazaki's early work as a director, it's definitely...
One of the most compelling adventures in the Haruhi saga finally arrives on Blu-ray! Nick Creamer takes a look at this uniquely engrossing film. ― After the madcap adventures and slapstick comedy of Haruhi Suzumiya's first two seasons, the anime series was capped off with a film unlike anything that had come before. Somber, slow-paced, and introspective, The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya represent...
Mike's quest for unlicensed anime leads him to the strange case of "I Give My All", a racy OVA from the 80s that was very nearly released here... until it wasn't! ― As part of the work I do with the Discotek gang, I occasionally work on some cool shows that were once licensed, but never really released on video in the west—you know, the really good anime, like Fighting Foodons. As the years pass, the...
The inimitable screenwriter behind Hanasaku Iroha, anohana, and Anthem of the Heart just released her autobiography. Kim Morrissy shares the recent director's enlightening story. ― Mari Okada recently became a topic of discussion when it was announced that she was directing an original anime film at P.A. Works. For many, this news came as a surprise, because unlike most anime directors, Okada has no ...
These episodic adventures of modern, everyday witches are charming if a little light on lasting impact. Theron Martin delves into Generation Witch. ― Witches as commonly portrayed in anime and manga – flying around on a broomstick sporting a long pointy hat – are decidedly a Western phenomenon, but that hasn't prevented them from popping up in Japanese media on a regular basis over the years. Generat...
School is back in session for the fall, but you'd better hope your new instructors aren't anything like these terrible tutors! ― It's the final week of summer, although most retail stores skipped straight to pumpkin season a few weeks ago. Deny it all you want, but the back-to-school grind is here which means notebooks, packed community college parking lots, and a handful of new instructors trying t...
Despite being a far-flung film prequel to its source material, No Game No Life Zero might just outshine the original TV series. Kim Morrissy breaks down what makes this movie shine. ― No Game No Life Zero isn't like the No Game No Life you've seen before. It takes all the interesting themes of the original TV series and peels away all the fanservice and frivolities, resulting in a tonally different n...
Ichiro Inuyashiki, a dull-looking elderly employee who has been diagnosed with terminal cancer, is struck by a UFO falling from the sky and reborn with a mechanical body. ― INUYASHIKI LAST HERO Official Website: http://www.inuyashiki-project.com/ Official Twitter: @inu_noitamina Official Facebook: https://ja-jp.facebook.com/inuyashiki/ Introduction Characters Cast & Staff Gallery Premiering on Octob...
Zac and Jacob smack their brooms together and head on a magical journey through Studio Trigger's foray into family-friendly fantasy: it's Little Witch Academia! ― ANNCast Episode 305 - Little Witch Academia Zac and Jacob smack their brooms together and head on a magical journey through Studio Trigger's foray into family-friendly fantasy: it's Little Witch Academia! You can listen to the show on our ...
There have been a LOT of really screwy anime releases, discs with the wrong subtitles and audio tracks, but what's the WORST one? Justin has one in mind... ― Anonymous asked: Just curious, what's the single worst anime home video release you've ever seen? From any era, VHS, DVD, bluray, whatever the single worst one you can think of is. In Japan, the worst release has to be of the film Gundress, whi...
The singer behind the legendary theme songs for Totoro, Laputa and more talks about her incredible career alongside her daughter, who is following in her mother's footsteps. ― Even if you haven't heard of Azumi Inoue, you're probably intimately familiar with her work; Inoue sang some of the most iconic and internationally-recognized theme songs for several classic Studio Ghibli films, including Castl...
"Zettai ryōiki" refers to one of the most popular fetishes in anime that you may never have noticed before! Eric Stimson explains what makes this "absolute territory" of ZR so widespread. ― Anime is rife with fanservice, which often means pandering to fans' favorite fetishes. Some are fads that burst onto the scene and then fade without ever really disappearing, like maids 15 years ago, catgirls 20 y...
Those looking forward to Studio Madhouse's first original movie in years may find themselves disappointed by this sweet yet ultimately clumsy film. Kim Morrissy has the details from its theatrical run in Japan. ― The first thing that you need to know about this film is that it very explicitly revolves around the Shinto concept of kotodama. The word translates literally to “the spirit of words” and re...