Press Releases - February 2011
- Crunchyroll To Release A Myriad Of Brand New Anime This Week ()
- No Gen Con Australia in 2011 ()
- MangaGamer Announces Release of Koihime Musou ()
- Tora-Con 2011 Announces Second Round of Guests ()
- Otakon's Dealer's Room Registration Now Open ()
- An Easy Way To Get Into One Piece: The One Piece Loguebook Podcast Premieres ()
- Plenty of Laughs in the New Viz Media Manga Series Oresama Teacher ()
- Anime USA Announces DJ SiSeN ()
- Anime USA Announces Laura Bailey and Travis Willingham ()
- Anime Expo 2011 Will Feature Japanese Pop Culture Sensation Danny Choo as an Official Guest of Honor ()
- Tokyo Kawaii Magazine vol.6 – Available March 1st ()
- ‘Otaku-Verse Zero’ Investigates Harajuku Fashion At 6%Dokidoki! ()
- Worldwide Premiere Of High School Of The Dead - English Dub ()
- Worldwide Premier of High School of the Dead - English Dub ()
- Crunchyroll Locks And Loads A Full Clip Of Anime This Week ()
- Anime Series Hikaru No Go And Mär Now Available From Multiple Online Content Outlets ()
- Durarara!! Brings Big City Action to TinierMe ()
- Chainsaw Buffet Interviews Actor Kyle Hebert ()
- Dark Horse Named Manga Publisher of the Year in Diamond's Gem Awards! ()
- FUNimation Announces Baka and Test Cast ()
- FUNimation Entertainment Acquires TO ()
- Viz Media Debuts Neuro: Supernatural Detective on VizAnime and Hulu ()
- Haruhi Season 2 and Haruhi Chan 1 Batch Audio Issue; Replacement Program ()
- Anime Expo 2011 Proudly Presents the World Premiere of “Last Exile -Fam, the Silver Wing-” ()
- Anime Expo 2011 Will Feature Voice Actor and Singer Vic Mignogna as an Official Guest of Honor ()
- MangaGamer and Hendane Proudly Announce the Opening of Pre-orders for the Da Capo Limited Edition! ()
- AM2 Brings More Fun to Attendees with the Official Passport Pre-registration Contest ()
- Coming Soon to a Store Near You– Yu-Gi-Oh! 3D: Bonds Beyond Time Movie Pack! ()
- Funimation Channel Vod Package Now Available with Premium SD and HD Content Through Comcast Media Center ()
- Section23 Films Announces May Slate ()
- All The World Is a Stage as the Best of the Best Come to Compete at the World Cosplay Summit Regionals at AM2 ()
- Celebrate Vocaloid Kaito's 5th Anniversary with This Special Collection ()
- Borders Group Files for Reorganization Relief Under Chapter 11 ()
- New People Presents Sci-Fi Action Thriller Gantz For One-Night-Only This Saturday ()
- "Otaku-Verse Zero" Searches for Buried Treasure at the Mandrake Superstore in Episode 12! ()
- London Gaming Con, London Anime Con & Alcon ()
- Animate USA – New Releases In Amazon Kindle Store ()
- Introducing "Uniqlo Presents: We Love Anime" ()
- Crunchyroll Shows Valentines Day Love With Big Anime Releases ()
- Right Stuf's Nozomi Ent. Launches Antique Bakery Site With Interview, Recipe and More! ()
- 91.8 The Fan's Interview Schedule: Feb. 14th – 18th ()
- Chainsaw Buffet Interviews Voice Actress Jessica Straus ()
- Haruhi Season Two Goes Live on Crunchyroll Today ()
- Gravity Interactive's Ragnarok Online Receives the MMOsite.com Reader's Choice Awards as One of the Best Online P2P ()
- Hetalia: Axis Powers Are Invading TinierMe! ()
- Sentai Filmworks Announces Dream Eater Merry ()
- AM2 Announces Online Applications for Panels and Workshops Now Open ()
- Konami Digital Entertainment Strengthens Its Hand with the Introduction of a Legion of Yu-Gi-Oh! Trading Card Game Products at American International Toy Fair ()
- MangaGamer Announces Higurashi Bundle! ()
- Fantasy Adventure Series Merupuri and Natsume's Book of Friends Launch in February on the VIZ Manga App for iPad ()
- Anime Expo 2011 Champions Creativity and Skill By Awarding AMV Winners Bigger-Than-Ever Cash Prizes ()
- Gundam UC Vol. 3 North American Release! ()
- Home Entertainment Releases Nausicaa & Earthsea ()
- Tokyo Kawaii Magazine's Suzumiya Haruhi Special Issue, now on App Store ()
- Midlands MCM Expo 2011 - Get Ready For Lift-Off On 19 February! ()
- Lolitas and Cosplayers February Gathering in California's Central Coast ()
- 'Otaku-verse Zero' Invades Nakano Broadway In Episode 11! ()
- Stereopony returning to the US for a performance at Anime Boston as the honored guest! ()
- Evangelion: 2.0 attacks Chicago, Boston, Minneapolis and More... ()
- New People Rebrands and Launches New Corporate Divisions to Expand the Core Mission to Spread Japanese Pop Culture Throughout North America ()
- Tora-Con 2011 Announces First Guests, Dates, Pre-Registration and New Website ()
- Online Pre-Registration Goes Live for Anime Festival Orlando 12 ()
- 91.8 The Fan's Interview Schedule: Feb. 7-11 ()
- "Gundam UC" Volume 3 (Blu-ray Disc) to be Released Worldwide in April ()
- TCAF Welcomes Manga-ka Usamaru Furuya to the 2011 Festival ()
- Voice Actress Michelle Ruff to Attend Shuto Con ()
- Cat Sh*t One English Dub Version Free on YouTube ()
- Kotobukiya Attends New York Toyfair 2011 ()
- Konami Digital Entertainment Announces Plans for a 2011 Yu-Gi-Oh! Trading Card Game Mall Tour ()
- Steve Blum, Reni Mimura Join Epcar, Stern, Others at Tekkoshocon IX ()
- New Naruto Shippuden Episodes Now Online The Day After Airing On Disney XD ()
- Anime Expo 2011 Announces Over US$25,000 in Masquerade Cash & Prizes ()
- New People Presents Special Theatrical Events for The Garden of Sinners, Kim Ki-duk's Breath and GANTZ in February ()
- 'Otaku-Verse Zero' Begins Streaming on Crunchyroll With Episode 10 ()
- AniMinneapolis announces Shannon and Richard Townsend ()
- Tokyopop Debuts Groundbreaking New Series 'America's Greatest Otaku' ()
- ReedPop Extends New York Comic Con to Take Place Over Four Days in 2011 ()
- Acclaimed manga creator Natsume Ono in Toronto, May 7-8! TCAF 2011 ()
- Toronto Public Library and The Beguiling Present Natsume Ono at TCAF 2011 ()
Loading next article...
just for fun
An old-timer invades Vice's usual anime night and now he wants to watch what on a what? ―
With its unique political intrigue and female protagonist, Violet Knight continues to be one of the darkest and more interesting isekai series. Rebecca Silverman digs in to this unique light novel series. ― The second novel in Yohna's isekai fantasy series The Violet Knight appears to have gotten to the story where the author wants it – fully moving towards the consequences of heroine Yuki's father h...
How come other cable networks never bet on anime programming the way Cartoon Network did? Justin digs in. ― Jake asked: One thing I always found strange looking back at the anime boom was the lack of anime on Nickelodeon. At the time Nickelodeon was the second largest children to young adult network after Cartoon Network, which was in full swing with Toonami and later Adult Swim programming block. A...
James shotguns all 49 episodes of Kyoto Animation's beloved visual novel adaptation, while Paul breaks down all this week's new anime releases! ― My daily streaming review shows this season are A Place Further Than the Universe and Laid-Back Camp, which would normally give me a monopoly on all the comfy slice of life stuff. This ain't no ordinary season, though, and there are more shows in that genr...
Sailor Moon Crystal Part III is an improvement over the previous seasons with the addition of Sailors Uranus and Neptune. Rebecca Silverman has the details. ― The third season of Sailor Moon Crystal brings a few changes to the table even as it embarks on the difficult task of retelling a fan-favorite storyline from the classic series. Among the most noticeable shifts is the art – falling somewhere be...
Mike goes on a treasure hunt for short-form anime and uncovers a show about a sentient fart, which means the hunt was an enormous success. ― It's January, which means that I just killed the mid-month holiday weekend off at Arisia, Boston's largest science fiction and fantasy convention. This year, not only did I sit on panels on the furious Evangelion debate, fanservice, and other anime-related topic...
Whether you're already a fan of the anime version or not, Made in Abyss' manga is a journey worth undertaking. Rebecca Silverman dives into this fantasy manga's dark and fascinating world. ― At this point, the anime adaptation of Akihito Tsukushi's fantasy manga is better known to English-speakers, since its release predates that of the source manga. For the curious, this first volume covers the anim...
Watching anime doesn't have to be purely a shut-in pursuit! Here are six titles that encourage you to explore the wonders of the natural world. ― One of my favorite anime airing this season is Laid-Back Camp, a story that looks like another "cute girls doing cute things" anime on the surface but ended up delivering more for me. That's not to say that it doesn't star cute girls who mostly hang out do...
This manga spinoff of the surprise hit franchise brings some great art to the table but falls short on story. Rebecca Silverman has the details. ― The surprise hit anime of last year, Kemono Friends, is only one portion of a multimedia franchise – there are games, apps, and a variety of other bits and bobs to accompany the anime. Fly's two-volume manga Welcome to Japari Park, collected into a single ...
The Eureka Seven art contest has been extended, and we're adding new prizes! ― The Eureka Seven Hi-Evolution film series lands in theaters later this year. The original staff, chief director Tomoki Kyoda, screenplay writer Dai Sato, and character designer Kenichi Yoshida, have all returned. Other staff members from the past series, including character animation director Ayumi Kurashima, Shigeru Fujit...
Zac, Jacob and special guest Gabriella Ekens fiendishly devour as many of the 2018 winter premieres as they can, plus Godzilla: Planet of the Monsters! ― ANNCast Episode 317 - Winter 2018 Anime Roundup Zac, Jacob and special guest Gabriella Ekens fiendishly devour as many of the 2018 winter premieres as they can, plus Godzilla: Planet of the Monsters! You can listen to the show on our player here, d...
Older anime like Evangelion frequently have strange "jumps" in between edits - why is that, and what can be done about it? Justin goes in deep! ― K.o.R asked: Why, on a lot of older anime series, does the picture appear to jerk sideways whenever there is a cut? It's noticeable on things like the original release of Evangelion, for example. In the years before anime went all-digital, TV shows were ed...
To celebrate the release of the live action GINTAMA film, we are giving away awesome prize packs including exclusive merchandise only available in Japan! ― To celebrate the release of this laugh-out-loud Sci-Fi Samurai Comedy, we are giving away two awesome GINTAMA prize packs including exclusive merchandise only available in Japan! Get ready to laugh your brains out with the Yorozuya Crew! The inter...