Press Releases - August 2010
- NTT Solmare Deliver New Titles on OVI Store (September) ()
- Animate USA New Releases for Amazon Kindle ()
- Viz Cinema Announces Exciting September Film Screenings ()
- Crunchyroll Rolls Out Brand New MBC Korean Drama Titles Today ()
- Anime Midstream Announces Zettai Muteki Raijin-Oh Title Change and Volume 2 Release ()
- Crunchyroll Releases New Fan Favorite Episodes This Week ()
- Rika Ishikawa of Hangry & Angry to appear at NYAF ()
- Recruit Co., Ltd. Announces an iPhone App That Allows You to Enjoy Young Manga Artists ()
- Voice Acting Skype Sessions with Quinton Flynn Now Available ()
- Sadao Miyamoto Discussion Panel at Anime Jungle ()
- Mamoru Hosoda's Summer Wars to Air This Weekend ()
- Pop Japan Travel Introduces Ghibli-Themed "Totoro's Pathway" Tour ()
- Right Stuf's Anime Today Talks Fall 2010 Manga With Vertical's Ed Chavez ()
- Bento Beat Box on The Anime Network Returns with New Episode ()
- Right Stuf & Nozomi Ent. Announce Boys Be… DVD Collection Re-Priced to $29.99 SRP in Dec. 2010 ()
- Right Stuf & Nozomi Ent. Announce Azumanga Daioh Limited-Edition Lithograph for November 2010 ()
- Toronto Area to Host the Next Stop in the Global Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series September 4-5 ()
- Right Stuf's Nozomi Ent. Announces the Third: the Girl With the Blue Eye Collection (Thinpak) for December 2010 ()
- Crunchyroll Hosts Anime Night at the 2010 J-Pop Summit in San Francisco ()
- Critical Mass Video Announces December 7, 2010 Release of Anime 18's Mystery of the Necronomicon DVD ()
- Hayate The Combat Butler First Series Coming to Crunchyroll ()
- Crunchyroll to Release Three New Korean Drama Titles Today ()
- Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Trading Card Game Deluxe Card Sleeves Available September 14 ()
- Sanrio Digital Announces Retail Launch of Hello Kitty Online ()
- Yu Sakai Makes US debut with EP Live from Tokyo ()
- New Episodes of Top Titles for Free This Week on Crunchyroll ()
- Babelgum Animatron Film Festival ()
- j-Summit New York ()
- Hitoshi Ariga in Toronto this Thursday ()
- 2010 Fan Expo Canada: Presented by Rogers Announces Inaugural Fan Expo Anime Film Festival ()
- Barbican Film October-December 2010: Aspects of Japanese Cinema ()
- Eirtakon 2010 Schedule Released ()
- Ogata Megumi: Live in Toronto Song List Announcement ()
- Japanese Rock-Electronic Duo Boom Boom Satellites to Perform at NYAF ()
- Announcing First Ever NY/SF Int'l Children's Film Festival ()
- AMC Independent Presents Fan Expo Anime Film Festival ()
- Bleach Latest Season Promo on iTunes ()
- Latest Season of Bleach Airing on Adult Swim Aug 28 ()
- Section23 Films Announces November Slate ()
- Crunchyroll Releases Weekly Brand New and Free Anime Episodes ()
- NY Int'l Children's Film Festival Shows Azur & Asmar, Summer Wars ()
- Shigofumi Complete Collection on Sale Today ()
- Right Stuf's Nozomi Entertainment Announce GRAVITATION Complete DVD Collection ()
- Right Stuf's Nozomi Entertainment Announce Gravitation Complete DVD Collection ()
- Konami Digital Entertainment's Yu-Gi-Oh! World Champions Crowned ()
- Ai-Kon Announces Dates for 10th Anniversary ()
- The Fullmetal Podcast Premieres with Guests Vic Mignogna and Maxey Whitehead ()
- Japanese Rock-Electronic duo Boom Boom Satellites to release album and announce US Tour ()
- Castle Point Anime Convention Announces 2011 Date ()
- Bleach Movies to Air on Adult Swim This Saturday 8/14 ()
- Book Announcement: Tokyo Cyberpunk ()
- Shin Megami Tensei: Persona for PSP system now available on PlayStation Network in Europe and Australia ()
- Viz Pictures Releases Death Note Blu-ray Collection ()
- Yu-Gi-Oh! Trading Card Game Booster Set Duelist Revolution Ready to Hit the Streets ()
- Scotland Loves Anime ()
- Harajuku Autumn Ball ()
- Spike Spencer To Appear As A Guest Of Honor At Manifest 2010 ()
- Lulu Awards To Be Held at Long Beach Comic Con; Award Nominations Now Open To Public ()
- Unique Hip Hop trio Home Made Kazoku Making a Great U.S. Debut Performance ()
- DC Anime Club to Screen Fred Perry's Gold Digger The Movie, Gurren Lagann The Movie Childhoods End ()
- Animania Festival Weekend Sept 11-12 ()
- Alcon Anime, Gaming Event Next Month ()
- Japanese Pop Star Toko Furuuchi - Special NY Performance Sept. 21st at Joe's Pub ()
- New People Expands 2010 J-Pop Summit Festival Special Week-Long Series of Fun Events ()
- DramaFever.com Premieres "Moyashimon" in USA ()
- Sentai Filmworks Announces Ghost Sweeper Mikami TV License ()
- Spike Spencer To Appear As A Guest Of Honor At Alcon 2010 ()
- Animate USA – New Releases in Kindle ()
- Spike Spencer To Appear As A Guest Of Honor At Manifest 2010 ()
- Owen Mahoney Named Nexon Global CFO ()
- Long Beach, CA to Host Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG World Championship ()
- Spike Spencer to Appear As A Guest Of Honor At Animethon 17 ()
- Crunchyroll to Start Release Moribito Catalog Today ()
- Navarre Corporation Reports Financial Results for First Quarter of Fiscal Year 2011 ()
- Crunchyroll Launches Brand New and Free Episodes for Users ()
- [Aksys Games] BlazyBloo DSi Out Today ()
- U.S. - Japan Alliance Manga Announcement ()
- BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Limited Edition Detailed ()
- Babelum Launches Animatron Film Festival, the First Tri-Platform Animation Competition ()
- Nexon America Posts 26 Percent 2nd Quarter Growth as MapleStory Surpasses 7 Million Players ()
- Madman debuts High School of the Dead ()
- Robotech at the California State Fair this weekend ()
- Mizucon Announces Final Guests of Honor ()
- Otakon 2010 Attendance Breaks 29,000 ()
- Gundam UC Vol.2 Specs Announced ()
In anime, you often see people brewing coffee using unique, single-cup methods - are coffee machines just not that common in Japan? Justin's got the answer. ― Alvin asks: I noticed that in many anime series, characters are depicted brewing coffee either by pouring hot water over the grounds in paper filters or using instant coffee in homes and shops, including coffee shops. Are coffee brewing machin...
An in-depth look about what Vanquish and Bayonetta - newly resurrected in shiny PC ports - say about the legacy of the legendary company that birthed them, PlatinumGames. ― In certain ways, the story of PlatinumGames is a tragedy. Founded in 2009 by ex-Capcom developers whose credits include the likes of Resident Evil, Devil May Cry, and Okami, the goal of the new company was to escape that corporate...
Paul gets a faceful of '80s action with Crusher Joe and runs down all this week's new anime releases from Haruhi Suzumiya to Umaru-chan! ― After avoiding the bandwagon for as long as possible, I finally played a bit of Overwatch last weekend. I had some fun, I have a better understanding of why people love it, and holy moly I'm terrible at it. More power to anyone who has the reaction time and teamw...
The second season of this charming fairytale romance finally comes to Blu-Ray! Theron Martin details what makes this particular shojo adaptation so special. ― The second season of Snow White with the Red Hair aired during the Winter 2016 season, covering episodes 13-24. Given the firm declaration of commitment from Zen near the end of the previous season and Shirayuki's generally secure position as a...
Mike picks over the bones of the Hollywood Ghost in the Shell, catalogs the best adaptations so far, and wonders where live-action anime might go after this. ― This year's convention season is rockin' and rollin'. This week, I'm on show number three of 2017, enjoying the sights and sounds of Anime North up in Toronto. I come up to Canada for this show, and it's always an interesting time. I admire Ca...
Food Wars is still going strong as the Polaris Dorm gets ready to take on Azami Nakiri's corrupt new administration. Rebecca Silverman has the details. ― There is rarely a dull moment in Yuto Tsukuda and Shun Saeki's Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma manga, and while there's a small breather between storylines of this volume, the action is as intense as ever despite the climbing volume numbers. This eight...
Being surrounded by sexy love interests might seem like paradise to some, but one fan's heaven is another fan's hell. Here are seven harems with no good apples to choose from! ― Harem anime is a well-established romance sub-genre, and while most incarnations these days put our hero into a magical world outside of his own, romance options have spanned trains, transforming soda cans, and potential lit...
UQ Holder’s ninth volume makes the most of its prolonged training arc material. Nick Creamer weighs the pros and cons of Ken Akamatsu's latest series. ― UQ Holder has always been an inherently strange shounen property. With its focus on a team of heroes who are all gifted with some form of immortality, the manga has at time had trouble offering compelling opponents for its protagonists. And main char...
Could Netflix's influence solve the many production and salary woes plaguing the anime industry? Justin considers the angles. ― Earl asks: The trailer for the new Castlevania anime came out today and my coworkers and I were remarking on the animation quality. It's an American production (despite what I thought initially), but it got me thinking... Would Netflix-style contracts/production be a way ou...
From fearsome warriors to gluttonous goofballs, Attack on Titan's cast is filled with a variety of colorful female characters. Rose Bridges explains what makes its cast of ladies so unique. ― Spoiler Warning: This article contains spoilers for the Attack on Titan anime up through episode 31, and also vaguely alludes to events from the Attack on Titan light novel "Lost Girls." Since the first season's...
Zac, Jacob and special guest Gabriella Ekens stitch their brains together for a deep dive on the entirety of PSYCHO-PASS - both seasons (yes, both seasons) and the film. ― ANNCast Episode 297 - Psycho-Pass Zac, Jacob and special guest Gabriella Ekens stitch their brains together for a deep dive on the entirety of PSYCHO-PASS - both seasons (yes, both seasons) and the film! You can listen to the show...
Miss Hokusai demonstrates the power of articulating life as it is lived, presenting a rich portrait of both its historical moment and its charming heroine. ― The great painter Hokusai is one of the most famous and internationally renowned artists in Japanese history. Responsible for works as recognized as The Great Wave off Kanigawa (itself an element of the vastly influential 36 Views of Mount Fuji)...