Press Releases - March 2015
- Japanese Rock Band Scandal Announces 2015 Hello World World Tour ()
- Sentai Filmworks Licenses The Labyrinth of Grisaia and The Eden of Grisaia ()
- Noizi Ito is this year's Overload Comic+Manga Convention Special Guest Artist! ()
- Art of War Releases Zodd: Revelations 2015 ()
- Mangaka: The Fast & Furious Games of Drawing Comics Now on Kickstarter ()
- Studio Ghibli's Spirited Away & The Cat Returns on Blu-ray 6/16 ()
- PONOS Announces Version 2 Update of Strategy Game The Battle Cats ()
- MangaGamer Releases Princess Evangile ()
- Parasyte: Part 1 - The Invasion Begins April 26 ()
- WagakkiBand Concert Movie to be Shown at Sakura Con on April 3rd ()
- Section23 Films Announces July Slate ()
- Damascus Gear: Operation Tokyo Out Now ()
- Raoh - King of Hokuto HQS by Tsume Sold Out ()
- Gecco Releases Berserk Guts 1/6 Scale Statue Product Information ()
- AnimeJapan 2015 Draws Over 120,000 Visitors ()
- Viz Media's Haikasoru Imprint Debuts Mystery Thriller in Red Girls: The Legend of the Akakuchibas ()
- Pokémon: Symphonic Evolutions Tour Announces 30 New Locations and Dates Marking the Beginning of a World Tour ()
- Toronto Comic Arts Festival to Host Aya Kanno, Creator of Requiem of the Rose King, Otomen, and More ()
- Yasunori Mitsuda, Yoko Shimomura and Nobuo Uematsu at Press Start Symphonic Concert in Paris on 11 April 2015 ()
- Viz Media Announces Release of Deluxe Omnibus Edition of Junji Ito's Horror Series Gyo ()
- Kagerou Project Exhibition Will Premiere at Kinokuniya Bookstore in Seattle (April 2nd - May 3rd) ()
- Keiichi Hara Receives Anime d'or Award at Tokyo Anime Award Festival 2015 ()
- VAMPS Announces Instagram Fan Contest ()
- Anime Matsuri to Host New Convention in Hawaii ()
- Aniplex of America Announces their Streaming Line-up for this Spring Season ()
- Sentai Filmworks Licenses Atelier Escha & Logy ~Alchemists of the Dusk Sky~ ()
- MangaGamer Announces Amber Breaker ()
- Raoh –King of Hokuto HQS by Tsume Open for Pre-orders ()
- Sentai Filmworks Licenses Windy Tales ()
- Omega Quintet Released on the PlayStation 4 in North America April, in Europe May ()
- VAMPS Recruiting Official Street Team for New York Concert and USA Tour ()
- New Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V Series Debuts at Germany's YEP! on ProSieben MAXX ()
- Japanese Pop Culture & Video Game Event Next Month in Orlando ()
- Konami Digital Entertainment Announces New Yu-Gi-Oh! Trading Card Game Tournament Series ()
- Viz Media and comiXology Announce Update of New Digital Manga Titles from Japanese Publisher Hakusensha ()
- eigoMANGA Releases Update to Vanguard Princess Game ()
- MangaGamer Announces Hardcopies of Imouto Paradise ()
- First Penang Anime Matsuri to Bring Japan's Pop Culture to Penang ()
- FLOW Announces Their First World Tour in 8 Countries ()
- New Album Art Released for Aikatsu! Voice Actress Azusa Tadokoro's First Single (On Sale April 22) ()
- Damascus Gear: Operation Tokyo - Arc System Works' New PS Vita Mecha Action-RPG Comes to North & South America ()
- Konami Digital Entertainment to Showcase Yu-Gi-Oh! Trading Card Game Portfolio at Gama Trade Show ()
- 3 Major English Edition Cardfight!! Vanguard Expansions in June 2015 ()
- Hello Kitty® Original Graphic Novels Collected into an Upcoming Box Set from Perfect Square ()
- Project Cars Release Date Moves to May 2015 ()
- Yu-Gi-Oh! Trading Card Game Premium Gold: Return of the Bling ()
- Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters Ships ()
- The Chosen Fafnir is Revealed in Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold ()
- Otakon Welcomes First Official 2015 Guests: Voice Actors Laura Bailey and Travis Willingham ()
- Visual Novel Hanachirasu Now Shipping ()
- Marvelous Annouces Senran Kagura 2: Deep Crimson for Nintendo 3DS in EU and Australia ()
- Star Cutouts Delivers Yu-Gi-Oh! Character Standees and Facemasks ()
- Renta! Has Released a Free App for Android ()
- Renta! Has Been Redesigned as a Romance-Manga Website for Adult Women ()
- Minky Momo Now Available on Amazon Instant Video ()
- VAMPS to Release International Edition of New Album Bloodsuckers Before New York Concert ()
- Cardfight!! Vanguard G Trial Decks Sold Out Within One Week in North America ()
- English Dub of Durarara!! X 2 Available on Streaming Starting March 10 ()
- Parasyte -The Maxim- Infects Sentai Filmworks ()
- Viz Media Announces a Manga Acquisition Double Shot With New Shojo Series Bloody Mary and Honey So Sweet ()
- Bandai Namco and DeviantArt Announce Winners of Outcast Odyssey Card Master Challenge ()
- Anna Tsuchiya to Perform at Anime Matsuri in Houston ()
- Critical Mass Video Announces June 2015 Releases ()
- Seven Seas Kickstarts its First Game: Space Dandy ()
- WAO! World Launches Chuya-Den Website ()
- Viz Media Welcomes Spring with a New Digital Manga Update and Continues Promotion for Digital Manga Starter Bundles ()
- Seven Seas Launches Tabletop Games Division ()
- SaikouCon 2015 Announces Voice Actress Danielle McRae as Guest of Honor ()
- Pittsburgh's Anime, Gaming, Music/Pop Culture Convention Announces Tekko 2015 ()
- If My Heart Had Wings Soundtrack Now Available ()
- Viz Media Delivers Anime Premieres and New Content for March Update to Neon Alley Media Streaming Platform ()
- Shuto Con Celebrates Sailor Moon and a Big Reunion at 5th Annual Convention ()
- Kawaii Kon Announces Completed Guest List for 2015 Show ()
- Artists' Alley and Trade Hall Applications Now Open for Eirtakon 2015 ()
- Viz Media Launches the Dark Fantasy Manga Series Requiem of the Rose King ()
- Corpse Party Horror Game Franchise to be Adapted as a Live Action Feature Film ()
- MangaGamer Releases First Boy's Love Game, No Thank You!!! ()
- Daisuki.net Starts Worldwide On-demand Streaming of Mobile Suit Gundam The Origin ()
Loading next article...
Watching anime doesn't have to be purely a shut-in pursuit! Here are six titles that encourage you to explore the wonders of the natural world. ― One of my favorite anime airing this season is Laid-Back Camp, a story that looks like another "cute girls doing cute things" anime on the surface but ended up delivering more for me. That's not to say that it doesn't star cute girls who mostly hang out do...
This manga spinoff of the surprise hit franchise brings some great art to the table but falls short on story. Rebecca Silverman has the details. ― The surprise hit anime of last year, Kemono Friends, is only one portion of a multimedia franchise – there are games, apps, and a variety of other bits and bobs to accompany the anime. Fly's two-volume manga Welcome to Japari Park, collected into a single ...
The Eureka Seven art contest has been extended, and we're adding new prizes! ― The Eureka Seven Hi-Evolution film series lands in theaters later this year. The original staff, chief director Tomoki Kyoda, screenplay writer Dai Sato, and character designer Kenichi Yoshida, have all returned. Other staff members from the past series, including character animation director Ayumi Kurashima, Shigeru Fujit...
Zac, Jacob and special guest Gabriella Ekens fiendishly devour as many of the 2018 winter premieres as they can, plus Godzilla: Planet of the Monsters! ― ANNCast Episode 317 - Winter 2018 Anime Roundup Zac, Jacob and special guest Gabriella Ekens fiendishly devour as many of the 2018 winter premieres as they can, plus Godzilla: Planet of the Monsters! You can listen to the show on our player here, d...
Older anime like Evangelion frequently have strange "jumps" in between edits - why is that, and what can be done about it? Justin goes in deep! ― K.o.R asked: Why, on a lot of older anime series, does the picture appear to jerk sideways whenever there is a cut? It's noticeable on things like the original release of Evangelion, for example. In the years before anime went all-digital, TV shows were ed...
One of the only American artists to ever serialize a manga in Japan, Part I of our interview with Peepo Choo mangaka Felipe Smith goes in-depth on the manga industry and his incredible career. ― “Unlike most manga-inspired artists I know, I wasn't so much wowed by the [style of] manga as I was by its incredible abundance of ordinary, lifelike, slice-of-life scenarios and characters.” Inspired by that...
The most popular Gundam series in the Western hemisphere finally comes to Blu-ray in this extravagant set filled with bonus goodies. But does the show still hold up 20 years later? Lauren Orsini finds out. ― Gundam Wing was one of the first anime I ever saw, and I'm not alone. When the show first aired on Cartoon Network's Toonami in 2000, it created a wave of brand new-anime fans who are now in thei...
The Raten Taisho: a festival where people with abnormal powers gather. ― Hitori No Shita The Outcast 2 (Raten Taisho Chapter) Official Website: http://hitorinoshita2.com/ Introduction Story Characters Cast & Staff Gallery An episode 0 (recap of the first season) will be broadcast on January 10, 2018 (JST). 1st episode of the season 2, will then start January 17, 2018 (JST). Key Staff Animation Produ...
Now that it's done setting up its story, GARO -Vanishing Line- has taken off on a wild road trip across the USA. We explore how this change has made the show stronger. ― Now that it's done setting up its story, GARO -Vanishing Line- has taken off on a wild road trip across the USA. This week in anime, Nick and Steve expound on how this change has made the show stronger. Disclaimer: The views and opin...
Beloved veteran voice actor Johnny Yong Bosch chats about his role in Digimon Adventure Tri, stepping into an established character, and who his ideal Digimon partner would be! ― In anticipation of the last three Digimon Adventure Tri. films being released with an English dub in theaters this year (kicking off with the premiere of Part 4: Loss on February 1st), we spoke to Johnny Yong Bosch about his...
There's a mountain of brand-new Nintendo news, from Detective Pikachu to craft cardboard. PLUS: SNK Heroines, Final Fantasy XV returns and much more! ― THIS WEEK IN GAMES: NINTENDO GONE WILD! When I write this column, I usually begin by writing an outline on Tuesday morning, working on it Tuesday and Wednesday, and then submitting it Wednesday evening for publication early Thursday morning. This usua...
To celebrate the release of the live action GINTAMA film, we are giving away awesome prize packs including exclusive merchandise only available in Japan! ― To celebrate the release of this laugh-out-loud Sci-Fi Samurai Comedy, we are giving away two awesome GINTAMA prize packs including exclusive merchandise only available in Japan! Get ready to laugh your brains out with the Yorozuya Crew! The inter...
The combined forces of Gen Urobuchi, Polygon Pictures and Netflix have a brand-new animated Godzilla movie for you! Well, the first half of one, anyway. Callum May straps in. ― If this is your first time experiencing Godzilla, turn back now. This is not a film for the uninitiated. Whilst other recent attempts to reboot the series, such as the American Godzilla in 2014 and the most recent Godzilla: Re...
Studio Ponoc's Yoshiaki Nishimura and Hiromasa Yonebayashi talk about escaping Ghibli and forging their own destinies with a lavish fantasy film. ― Mary and the Witch's Flower is the first theatrical feature from Studio Ponoc, a brand-new animation house brimming with former Studio Ghibli luminaries (and a whole lot of the artists responsible for making Ghibli films as beautiful as they are). Founded...
One reader wonders why Adult Swim went with the 2011 Hunter x Hunter instead of the original 90s version - and why in general, not much classic anime is on US TV. Justin considers the angles. ― Joshua asked: Why does Toonami always go with the new versions of series over the old classic ones? For example Hunter x Hunter choose the 2011 version over the 1999 version. As much as you and I love the loo...
This insanely salacious reboot of the Go Nagai classic brings Masaaki Yuasa's wild fantasies to life like nothing else. Mike Toole details how Crybaby holds up for both old fans and new. ― I met Masaaki Yuasa at Anime Expo a few years back. When he was first announced as the director of Devilman Crybaby, I remembered seeing him speak effusively of loving mainstream anime, prizing his work on Crayon S...