Press Releases - January 2012
- Genericon XXV to Host Nicki Clyne, Johnny Yong Bosch, and Eyeshine ()
- World Cosplay Summit U.S. Preliminaries to Be Held at Katsucon ()
- Sentai Filmworks Licenses "Psychic Squad" ()
- Bunkasai Culture Festival Sunday March 11 on Great Portland Street, London ()
- FUNimation Acquires Additional Rights to Haganai ()
- FUNimation Suspends Production of Dragon Ball Z Blu-rays ()
- Aniplex to Host Madoka Magica Meet and Greet Event at Anime Jungle in Los Angeles ()
- Zordon Lives: Pittsburgh's Tekkoshocon to Host March Debut of David Fielding ()
- Ushicon Hosting US Premiere of Tamayura - Hitotose Anime ()
- Saboten Con 2012 Welcomes Japanese Guest Akira Yamaoka and Many Others ()
- Right Stuf's Nozomi Entertainment Announces Dirty Pair: The Original Features DVD Collection ()
- SpringFestNY 2012 Opens Registration to Artists and Panelists ()
- Mizu Con Announces Their 2012 Convention Dates and New Location ()
- L'arc-en-Ciel Make New York City Debut with Headlining Show At Madison Square Garden ()
- Duelists to Converge in Mexico for Prestigious Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series February 4-5 ()
- Asian Kung-Fu Generation to Release Album in the US for the First Time ()
- Daily Lives of High School Boys Acquired by NIS America for a North American Retail Release ()
- Maryland's Eastern Shore Fan Con Announced ()
- Anime-SPARK! Announces Bands Atlas On Strike and Cascade Nightmare ()
- AnimeFest 2012 Announces Japanese Guest of Honor Koji Morimoto ()
- Hyperdimension Neptunia MK2 Ships Out on February 28 ()
- Naruto Shippuden Simulcast Now Available for Hulu Plus Subscribers! ()
- Final Guests Announced for Shuto Con 2012 in Lansing ()
- Natural Disasters of High "Monster Magnitude" Threaten Japan in MM9, New From VIZ Media's Haikasoru Imprint ()
- Promising Band Hemenway to Release Naruto Ending Theme on Jan. 24 ()
- Sunday Gamers Day at London Anime Con Feb 11-12 ()
- Final Fantasy Creator to Speak at Midlands Comic Con ()
- Show-Off in Style with Yu-Gi-Oh! Trading Card Game Duelist Portfolio ()
- VIZ Media Invites Fans to Explore VIZ Manga Platform With Special App Promotion ()
- FUNimation Entertainment Acquires High School DxD ()
- Concordia University's President's Conference Series Focuses on Media Convergence, Japanese Style ()
- Never Say Never: ATLUS to Bring Growlanser: Wayfarer of Time for PSP System, Long-Requested Entry in Classic RPG Series, to North America in 2012 ()
- World Famous Games Developer Hironobu Sakaguchi, Creator of the Final Fantasy Series, to speak at MCM Midlands Comic Con, Feb 18 ()
- Sentai Filmworks Licenses "Listen To Me Girls. I am Your Father!" ()
- Kawaii Kon's Fifth Guest Announcement for the 2012 Show ()
- Animax Launches on Crackle ()
- Anime St. Louis Announces New and Returning Guests ()
- Sentai Filmworks Licenses "Another" ()
- VIZ Media Kicks Off 2012 Ninja Style with Naruto: The Official Character Data Book ()
- VIZ Media Launches Adorable Kids' Manga Fluffy Fluffy Cinnamoroll ()
- GEN Manga Announces the Release of Let's Eat Ramen ()
- Section23 Films Announces April Slate ()
- Extra Accommodation Places Available for London Anime Con on 11-12 Feb ()
- DMP Platinum Launches Groundbreaking Kickstarter Campaign for Osamu Tezuka's "Barbara"! ()
- Crunchyroll Launches Full 1080P Video Streams ()
- Animate USA – New Releases in Amazon Kindle Store ()
- Order and Chaos Are on Track to Collide in 2012 with Explosive Results in the Newest Yu-Gi-Oh! Trading Card Game Release ()
- VIZ Media Announces a Special Launch Event for New Weekly Shonen Jump Alpha Digital Manga Magazine in West Hollywood ()
- BlazBlue CS EXTEND Limited Edition Contents Announced and BlueRevo Tournament Details ()
- The King of Fighters XIII Gets Two New DLC Characters: Nests Style Kyo and Mr. Karate ()
- Right Stuf's Nozomi Entertainment Launches Series Site for Gasaraki ()
- Maiden Japan Licenses Polyphonica Crimson S ()
- Sentai Filmworks Licenses "Motto To Love Ru" ()
- Back to School, Back to Digimon Masters ()
- Viz Media Opens 2012 with a Brand New Digital Manga Update for January ()
- Screenshots Are Coming: New Game of Thrones Screens ()
- Anime-zing! Announces Return of Eyeshine and Johnny Yong Bosch ()
- Sentai Filmworks Licenses "Familiar of Zero F" ()
- Viz Media Simulcasts The New Sci-Fi Anime Series Langrange – The Flower of Rin-ne on VIZAnime.com ()
- Eric Stuart Band and Ikasucon Announce Kickstarter Project ()
- UK's Anime Societies Regional Social 2012 to Screen Evangelion 2.2 ()
- Inu x Boku Secret Service to Simulcast on Crunchyroll This Season ()
- Crunchyroll to Simulcast Familiar of Zero F This Season ()
- PandoraHearts, Persona -Trinity Soul-, and Our Home's Fox Deity Will Be Available in Standard Edition Packages ()
- The USA Film Festival Presents A Tribute to Studio Ghibli ()
- Sentai Filmwworks Licenses “Inu x Boku S.S.” ()
- London Anime Con: London's Anime and Gaming Convention Feb 11th - 12th ()
- New People Entertainment Celebrates Gantz II: Perfect Answer Release with San Francisco Screenings ()
- AM2 Announces Screening of Fullmetal Alchemist: The Sacred Star of Milos at This Year's Convention ()
- "Cosplay in America" Coming to Stores Feb 2012 ()
- Artist's Alley and Dealer's Room Registration Opened for CPAC 2012 ()
- Kimi Ni Todoke -From Me to You- Volume 2 Premium Edition Releases in North America in April ()
- Sentai Filmworks Licences "Waiting in the Summer" ()
- Phantom Breaker Limbers Up Ready To Rumble In North America in Q1 2012 ()
- Brave10 Acquired by NIS America for its North American Retail Release ()
- Ano Natsu De Matteru to Simulcast on Crunchyroll This Winter ()
- MCM Group Releases 2012 Show Schedule, Launches New Birmingham Comic Con ()
- Sentai Filmworks Licenses "Someday's Dreamers" ()
- Crunchyroll to Simulcast Brave 10 This Winter ()
- New The King of Fighters XIII Tutorial Video Released ()
- Crunchyroll Commences Launch of J-Drama Simulcast: Deka Kurokawa Suzuki ()
- Crunchyroll Set to Simulcast Nisemonogatari this Season ()
- Recorder and Randsell to Simulcast on Crunchyroll ()
- Bandai Entertainment to Change Company Focus in Feb 2012 ()
- DC Anime Club Presents Mario Kart Tournament ()
- Tatsumi U.K. Cinema Release January 13 ()
- MomoCon Announces 2012 Guest List ()
- DC Anime Club and It's Gosu Presents Video Game Tournaments and Anime ()
- Baltimore Comic-Con Announces Initial Guest List ()
Loading next article...
just for fun
It's not so relaxed anymore - Laid-Back Camp leaps up 8 PLACES on the chart to dominate this week in user episode rankings! ― Our team of reviewers are following 28 anime series of the Winter 2018 season and readers are rating each episode as the reviews go up. So let's have a look at what ANN readers consider the best (and worst) of the season. Keep in mind that these rankings are based on how peop...
They seem a lot more complex than regular DVD subtitles - how exactly do they get subtitles on bluray discs? Justin has the shockingly complex answer. ― John asked: What are the technical differences between creating subtitles for DVDs and Blu-ry Discs? And were HD-DVDs any better or worse? Subtitles are a pain in the ass. No other part of making a DVD or Blu-ray is as complicated, error-prone, or a...
Part II of our GAINAX tour charts the studio's late-80s rollercoaster ride through incredible success and heartbreaking failure with Nadia, Gunbuster, and The Wings of Honneamise. ― Welcome to Part II of our 4-part history of Studio Gainax. If you missed part I, you can find it right here! Studio GAINAX was one of the first studios to bring together merchandising and anime production under one roof. ...
To celebrate the upcoming Anime Awards, Crunchyroll is excited to announce its partnership with Twitch to exclusively livestream the awards ceremony, live from Hollywood. ― To celebrate the Anime Awards, Crunchyroll is excited to announce its partnership with Twitch to exclusively livestream the awards ceremony, live from Hollywood at at 6:00PM PST on Saturday, February 24th. Follow Crunchyroll's Tw...
Warner Bros. live-action FMA movie has finally arrived on Netflix to surprisingly little fanfare. We discover why this particular project didn't get the U.S. theatrical attention of its peers. ― Warner Bros. live-action FMA film has finally arrived on Netflix to surprisingly little fanfare. This week in anime, Nick and Jacob discover why this particular project didn't get the U.S. theatrical attentio...
Attack on Titan's Bryce Papenbrook and Kill la Kill's David Vincent sit down for a chat about their new approach to connecting fans and voice actors. ― Fans may recognize veteran voice actors Bryce Papenbrook (Attack on Titan, Sword Art Online) and David Vincent (Fate/Zero, Kill La Kill) from their work in a number of anime and video game series, but the two have a unique off-screen collaboration, as...
Heidi takes the Secret of Mana remake for a spin, plus Namco's Catalog IP project, Metal Gear Survive, Dragon Ball FighterZ DLC and a whole lot more! ― It's another one of those slow news weeks, which means I can take a bit of space in this column to babble about something I'm particularly interested in. This week, I've got the perfect excuse to talk about two things I really like: the mobile game Go...
The final arc in the Utena saga has arrived on blu-ray, alongside the opulent Adolescence of Utena film. Rebecca Silverman looks back on how this classic concluded. ― With this final arc of the Revolutionary Girl Utena narrative, the story throws all subtlety out the window. That's not strictly a negative in terms of getting the most out of everything the series has built up, because when the visuals...
Wow! Hundreds of millions of dollars are flowing into the anime industry thanks to streaming! Is any of that money going to the people who actually make anime? Justin gets into it. ― Custom Gundam asked: With ANN recently reporting that Crunchyroll royalties to the Japanese industry exceed US $100 million and also the huge amount recieved from global companies like Netflix and Amazon and also the va...
Take a journey back in time with Daryl Surat, when many people were introduced to anime through heartwarming films like My Neighbor Totoro and Grave of the Fireflies. But what forgotten gems lie sleeping in this long-ago year? ― Every so often, I get questions regarding what the value is in observing what works of popular culture remain worth watching, decades after their creation. But nearly three m...
This beloved 2000s megahit is the newest to get a live-action update to the big screen, now available on Netflix after its theatrical run in Japan. Theron Martin finds out if this movie can live up to fans' expectations. ― Fullmetal Alchemist was one of the most popular and successful anime/manga franchises of the 2000s, so the only surprise surrounding this live-action adaptation might be that it di...
Citrus has turned a few heads with its incestuous twist on lesbian romance. We suss out whether this makes for a juicy love story or just sour pulp. ― Citrus has turned a few heads with its incestuous twist on lesbian romance. This week in anime, Michelle and Steve suss out whether this makes for a juicy love story or just sour pulp. Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed by the participants in...
Hiromu Arakawa's pastoral drama about the highs and lows of farm living at an agricultural college is a far cry from Fullmetal Alchemist, but just as rewarding. Rebecca Silverman has the details. ― Hiromu Arakawa's agricultural coming of age tale's anime adaptation reached English-speakers long before now, which makes it feel like a real treat to finally get the chance to read the manga. Based roughl...