Press Releases - January 2011
- Navarre Corporation Reports Financial Results for Third Quarter Fiscal Year 2011 ()
- 91.8 The Fan's Interview Schedule: Jan. 31 - Feb. 4 ()
- Right Stuf & Nozomi Entertainment Announce New Street Date of May 3, 2011 for JUNJO ROMANTICA 2 DVD Collection ()
- Konami Digital Entertainment's New Yu-Gi-Oh! Trading Card Game Booster Set Storm of Ragnarok Invokes Ancient Norse Mythology ()
- MangaGamer Announces Partnership with Hendane! to Bring Hard Copies! First Product to be the Da Capo Limited Edition ()
- ‘Otaku-Verse Zero’ Episode Nine: Premiums, Mascots, & Giveaways at the Tokyo Novelty Museum ()
- Right Stuf & Nozomi Entertainment Announce SHINGU: Secret of the Stellar Wars DVD Thinpak Collection ()
- Udon to Release Mega Man Gigamix Manga Series ()
- Anime USA Announces Trina Nishimura as First Guest ()
- Sony Computer Entertainment Announces Its Next Generation Portable Entertainment System ()
- Naruto Manga Series Reaches Milestone ()
- Anime Matsuri announces guests for 2011 ()
- Japanese Hard Rock Band RAMPANT to Appear at Tekkoshocon 2011 ()
- Anime Milwaukee Convention Announces Guests Spike SPencer, Monica Rial, Chris Cason, Doug Walker and Uncle Yo ()
- The Florida Anime Experience Comes to Orlando, FL on Memorial Day Weekend ()
- Crunchyroll Releases a Rich Array of Brand New Anime ()
- Pokemon Plans Blockbuster Year With Extensive Offerings Tied to Release of Pokemon Black and White ()
- 91.8 The Fan's Interview Schedule – Jan. 24-28 ()
- Berryz Kobo announces first USA CD release! ()
- Pop Japan Travel Welcomes A-1 Pictures to the Re-branded "Anime Insider Tour" ()
- AM2 Announces the Fan's Official Passport to the Most Anticipated and Hottest Free Convention ()
- FUNimation To Simulcast “Freezing” ()
- A Teenage Psychic Mixes Romance With Invading Aliens in Arina Tanemura's Mistress Fortune from VIZ Media ()
- Viz Media Launches Captive Hearts, Claymore, D.Gray-Man, and Toriko Manga Downloads for the Viz Manga App for iPad ()
- MangaGamer Announces Trial Version for Edelweiss ()
- Anime-SPARK! Adds Samurai Dan and Jillian Coglan ()
- Genericon XXIV Reveals Late Guest Addition: Enjuhneer Artist Jenny Blanchard ()
- Crunchyroll Airs an Assemblage of Anime This Week ()
- Viz Media Launches More Manga Titles for iPad ()
- MapleStory Big Bang Trifecta Now Complete, Unveiling New Mechanic Class ()
- New Sci-Fi Action Series Infinite Stratos to Begin Simulcasting This January Only On Anime Network Online ()
- Animation On Display Announces K-On!, Starcraft II Voice Actors As Guests ()
- Tekkoshocon and Tainted Reality Present US Debut of Visual Kei Group lix ()
- Sentai Filmworks Announces Infinite Stratos License ()
- Animate USA - New Releases in Amazon Kindle Store ()
- Kawaii Kon Announces its Second Round of Guests for the 2011 Show ()
- 'Otaku-Verse Zero' Introduces Manga Software 'Comipo!' In Episode Eight ()
- Kampfer Complete Collection on Sale ()
- MangaGamer Announces New Release Dates ()
- Anime-ZAP! Announces 2011 Attendance ()
- Section23 Films Announces April Slate ()
- 91.8 The Fan's Interview Schedule – Jan. 17-21, 2011 ()
- Anime Voice Actor Vic Mignogna and Podcasters Anime World Order to Appear at Genericon XXIV ()
- Anime St. Louis Announces the Slants as Musical Guests for 2011 Convention ()
- Aniplex of America hosts “the Garden of sinners” Night US Premiere Event at NEW PEOPLE in San Francisco on February 5th, 2011 ()
- VIZ Media Debuts MÄR on VizAnime.com and Hulu ()
- YALSA Names Ten Viz Media Manga Titles to its 2011 Great Graphic Novels for Teens List ()
- KeepAnimeAlive.com Launches To Combat Piracy ()
- Viz Media to Release Pokemon: Arceus and the Jewel of Life DVD and Manga on Feb. 1 ()
- Right Stuf's Nozomi Entertainment Announces Antique Bakery DVD Collection for April 5, 2011 ()
- FUNimation To Simulcast “Fractale” ()
- EigoManga's Publisher to Speak at Macworld 2011 ()
- 'Otaku-Verse Zero' Invades Toy Company Bandai in Episode Seven ()
- 4Kids Entertainment Chairman and CEO, Alfred R Kahn, Retires ()
- 11 Eyes Complete Collection on Sale ()
- 91.8 The Fan's Interview Schedule for Jan. 10-Jan. 14 ()
- GANTZ Movie 1.20.2011, Plus Live Interview w/ Ninomiya & Matsuyama ()
- Viz Media Launches 2011 With a New iTunes Anime Promotion for Buso Renkin and Vampire Knight Guilty ()
- New People Welcomes Gantz Lead Actors for Hollywood Premiere ()
- Reni's Monthly Maid Cafe and Show on January 23 ()
- Fan Expo Canada Adds Fourth Day For 2011 ()
- 9th Annual VES Awards Nominees ()
- Anime Voice Actress Wendee Lee to Attend Phoenix Comicon ()
- Yu-Gi-Oh! 3D's Crimson Dragon Double Deck Case Available January 18 ()
- VIZ Media Announces Inuyasha Manga Finale ()
- QC Anime-zing! Announces Johnny Yong Bosh, Eyeshine, Russell Lissau and Trevor Mueller ()
- Pittsburgh's Tekkoshocon IX Welcomes International Rap Star Random ()
- 'Otaku-Verse Zero' Celebrates the New Year in Episode Six ()
- Summer Wars Opening January 14 in Washington D.C. ()
- Crunchyroll to Stream Level E ()
- Aniplex's Hourou Musuko to Stream on Crunchyroll ()
- New People Announces a Theatrical Live Event for the Premiere of Sci-Fi Thriller - Gantz - In Hollywood, CA on January 20 ()
- Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? to stream on Crunchyroll ()
- Aniplex's Mitsudomoe Season 2 Coming to Crunchyroll ()
- Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas coming on Crunchyroll ()
- Koihime Muso Complete Collection on Sale ()
- Anime St. Louis Announces the Slants as Musical Guests ()
- Cineplex Entertainment, Cinema Asia Releasing, ELEVEN ARTS and FUNimation Entertainment Present EVANGELION: 2.0 YOU CAN (NOT) ADVANCE at Select Theatres Across Canada ()
- Viz Cinema Begins 2011 With Screenings of Evangelion 1.0: You Are (Not) Alone and Evangelion 2.0: You Can (Not) Advance ()
- Dragon Crisis! to stream on Crunchyroll ()
- Crunchyroll to stream GOSICK ()
- Asian Media Rights and Funimation Entertainment Agree to Video-on-Demand Partnership ()
- Cardfight!! Vanguard to Stream on Crunchyroll ()
- Rio – Rainbow Gate! to Stream on Crunchyroll ()
- Funimation Entertainment and Toei Animation Announce Online Streaming of Dragon Ball Z ()
- Beelzebub Coming on Crunchyroll ()
- Germany to Host Proto Anime Cut Exhibition ()
- AniMinneapolis Announces Location and Dates in July 2011 ()
- 91.8 The Fan's Interview Schedule for Jan. 3-Jan. 7 ()
Loading next article...
Watching anime doesn't have to be purely a shut-in pursuit! Here are six titles that encourage you to explore the wonders of the natural world. ― One of my favorite anime airing this season is Laid-Back Camp, a story that looks like another "cute girls doing cute things" anime on the surface but ended up delivering more for me. That's not to say that it doesn't star cute girls who mostly hang out do...
This manga spinoff of the surprise hit franchise brings some great art to the table but falls short on story. Rebecca Silverman has the details. ― The surprise hit anime of last year, Kemono Friends, is only one portion of a multimedia franchise – there are games, apps, and a variety of other bits and bobs to accompany the anime. Fly's two-volume manga Welcome to Japari Park, collected into a single ...
The Eureka Seven art contest has been extended, and we're adding new prizes! ― The Eureka Seven Hi-Evolution film series lands in theaters later this year. The original staff, chief director Tomoki Kyoda, screenplay writer Dai Sato, and character designer Kenichi Yoshida, have all returned. Other staff members from the past series, including character animation director Ayumi Kurashima, Shigeru Fujit...
Zac, Jacob and special guest Gabriella Ekens fiendishly devour as many of the 2018 winter premieres as they can, plus Godzilla: Planet of the Monsters! ― ANNCast Episode 317 - Winter 2018 Anime Roundup Zac, Jacob and special guest Gabriella Ekens fiendishly devour as many of the 2018 winter premieres as they can, plus Godzilla: Planet of the Monsters! You can listen to the show on our player here, d...
Older anime like Evangelion frequently have strange "jumps" in between edits - why is that, and what can be done about it? Justin goes in deep! ― K.o.R asked: Why, on a lot of older anime series, does the picture appear to jerk sideways whenever there is a cut? It's noticeable on things like the original release of Evangelion, for example. In the years before anime went all-digital, TV shows were ed...
One of the only American artists to ever serialize a manga in Japan, Part I of our interview with Peepo Choo mangaka Felipe Smith goes in-depth on the manga industry and his incredible career. ― “Unlike most manga-inspired artists I know, I wasn't so much wowed by the [style of] manga as I was by its incredible abundance of ordinary, lifelike, slice-of-life scenarios and characters.” Inspired by that...
The most popular Gundam series in the Western hemisphere finally comes to Blu-ray in this extravagant set filled with bonus goodies. But does the show still hold up 20 years later? Lauren Orsini finds out. ― Gundam Wing was one of the first anime I ever saw, and I'm not alone. When the show first aired on Cartoon Network's Toonami in 2000, it created a wave of brand new-anime fans who are now in thei...
The Raten Taisho: a festival where people with abnormal powers gather. ― Hitori No Shita The Outcast 2 (Raten Taisho Chapter) Official Website: http://hitorinoshita2.com/ Introduction Story Characters Cast & Staff Gallery An episode 0 (recap of the first season) will be broadcast on January 10, 2018 (JST). 1st episode of the season 2, will then start January 17, 2018 (JST). Key Staff Animation Produ...
Now that it's done setting up its story, GARO -Vanishing Line- has taken off on a wild road trip across the USA. We explore how this change has made the show stronger. ― Now that it's done setting up its story, GARO -Vanishing Line- has taken off on a wild road trip across the USA. This week in anime, Nick and Steve expound on how this change has made the show stronger. Disclaimer: The views and opin...
Beloved veteran voice actor Johnny Yong Bosch chats about his role in Digimon Adventure Tri, stepping into an established character, and who his ideal Digimon partner would be! ― In anticipation of the last three Digimon Adventure Tri. films being released with an English dub in theaters this year (kicking off with the premiere of Part 4: Loss on February 1st), we spoke to Johnny Yong Bosch about his...
There's a mountain of brand-new Nintendo news, from Detective Pikachu to craft cardboard. PLUS: SNK Heroines, Final Fantasy XV returns and much more! ― THIS WEEK IN GAMES: NINTENDO GONE WILD! When I write this column, I usually begin by writing an outline on Tuesday morning, working on it Tuesday and Wednesday, and then submitting it Wednesday evening for publication early Thursday morning. This usua...
To celebrate the release of the live action GINTAMA film, we are giving away awesome prize packs including exclusive merchandise only available in Japan! ― To celebrate the release of this laugh-out-loud Sci-Fi Samurai Comedy, we are giving away two awesome GINTAMA prize packs including exclusive merchandise only available in Japan! Get ready to laugh your brains out with the Yorozuya Crew! The inter...
The combined forces of Gen Urobuchi, Polygon Pictures and Netflix have a brand-new animated Godzilla movie for you! Well, the first half of one, anyway. Callum May straps in. ― If this is your first time experiencing Godzilla, turn back now. This is not a film for the uninitiated. Whilst other recent attempts to reboot the series, such as the American Godzilla in 2014 and the most recent Godzilla: Re...
Studio Ponoc's Yoshiaki Nishimura and Hiromasa Yonebayashi talk about escaping Ghibli and forging their own destinies with a lavish fantasy film. ― Mary and the Witch's Flower is the first theatrical feature from Studio Ponoc, a brand-new animation house brimming with former Studio Ghibli luminaries (and a whole lot of the artists responsible for making Ghibli films as beautiful as they are). Founded...
One reader wonders why Adult Swim went with the 2011 Hunter x Hunter instead of the original 90s version - and why in general, not much classic anime is on US TV. Justin considers the angles. ― Joshua asked: Why does Toonami always go with the new versions of series over the old classic ones? For example Hunter x Hunter choose the 2011 version over the 1999 version. As much as you and I love the loo...
This insanely salacious reboot of the Go Nagai classic brings Masaaki Yuasa's wild fantasies to life like nothing else. Mike Toole details how Crybaby holds up for both old fans and new. ― I met Masaaki Yuasa at Anime Expo a few years back. When he was first announced as the director of Devilman Crybaby, I remembered seeing him speak effusively of loving mainstream anime, prizing his work on Crayon S...