Press Releases - October 2006
- Anime Expo Introduces The AX Travel Store ()
- Karakuriya.com offers authentic Japanese traditional arts ()
- GDH Announces Afro Samurai US Premiere Date ()
- Tokyopop Launches Trinity Blood ()
- Infinity Studios Invites Anime & Manga Enthusiasts to Visit New Blog, Forum ()
- C & D Visionary to Release Bleach Accessories ()
- Pokemon TCG City Championships roll in with Holiday season ()
- 4Kids Launches Double Dose of Yu-Gi-Oh! ()
- Cosplay Night at Pulp Fiction ()
- Right Stuf Launches Special Halloween Episode of Anime Today ()
- Anime Film Festival Announces: Anime Tour For the Cure ()
- Production I.G &Tohokushinsha Announce Reideen ()
- Otaku University Inc. Holds First Meeting November 5th ()
- Great Eastern Entertainment, Inc is granted license for Accessories for Bleach ()
- 801 Media Inc. Launches at Yaoi Con 2006 and Unveils its Website ()
- Anime Gamers and COSMODE Magazine Team Up for a Second Annual Cosplay Photo Shoot ()
- Viz Media Signs New Representative in Latin America for Zatch Bell and Naruto ()
- Unicorn Table and MAI at Anime FX Akibafest ()
- Adult Source Media Announces Perverted Thomas ()
- Gen Con So Cal Slated to be the West Coast Gaming Event of 2006 ()
- Zenkaikon 2006 and VGXPO 2006 Offer Reciprocal Admission Discounts ()
- .hack//G.U. Vol.1: Rebirth Hacks Into Retail Outlets Across The Country ()
- June by DMP Yaoi Con 2006 ()
- Zenkaikon 2006 and VGXPO 2006 offer reciprocal at-door admission discounts ()
- U.S. VOD Premiere of Nerima Daikon Brothers ()
- Yuri on the Seven Seas ()
- Bandai Visual USA and Image Entertainment to Release Classic Anime Series "Gunbuster" ()
- Otaku and Gamer Clothing Company Urban Alchemist Launches ()
- DramaQueen Announced Three New Titles at YaoiCon 2006 ()
- Shonen Jump Road Show for Naruto ()
- JoyRide adds rare incentive to participate in SDS pre-release ()
- PK Serialization in Play & Rocket Magazines ()
- Yuri Anthology "Yuri Monogatari 4" available for Pre-Order ()
- Production I.G Featured at the 11th Holland Animation Film Festival ()
- Viz Media Announces Retail Launch for Bleach ()
- Anime Network Broadcast Premiere of Paniponi Dash! ()
- Catch the Premiere of PaniPoni Dash November 30 on Anime Network ()
- Shadow Chronicles sold out in Toronto ()
- Florida Supercon Schedule of Events ()
- Bakuretsu Con Announces New Guests ()
- Guyver Premiere on Anime Network ()
- Right Stuf Announces Anime Today 25 ()
- Mamoru Oshii's Tachigui at the 35th Festival du Nouveau Cinema de Montreal ()
- Tokyopop Set to Produce Lament of the Lamb Live-Action Movie ()
- Experience Anime Avenue at Gen Con So Cal ()
- Brave Story Selected for RomeFilmFest ()
- RIT Anime Club Announces Tora-Con 2007 ()
- Flurida Supercon Welcomes Billy West ()
- Madman Releases Negima ()
- VIZ Media Announces New Pokemon Products for 2006 Holiday Season ()
- DramaQueen Acquires Two New Titles ()
- New AnimErotica Releases ()
- ADV Announces December 12 Releases ()
- Madman Releases Basilisk ()
- Madman's Retro Fever! ()
- Media Release - DrMaster - Chinese Hero ()
- Syracuse Heroes Expo on October 22, 2006 ()
- Organic Hobby New Products ()
- Anime Punch Changes Hotels ()
- MTAC Announces Peelander-Z PEELANDER-Z ()
- Yu-Gi-Oh! Fans Get Chance To Design Official Yu-Gi-Oh! Trading Card ()
- Naruto Wins 2006 Quill Award ()
- Infinity Studios Website Hosts Online Halloween Manga Giveaway Contest ()
- Takashi Shimizu in-store appearance ()
- Anime Network Inks Threee New SVOD Carriage Deals ()
- Tezuka: The Marvel of Manga ()
- ADV Announces October 31 Releases - Saiyuki Complete ()
- Infinity Studios Announces Editor's Picks for Halloween ()
- Waterloo Announces 2006 Edition of Animation Festival ()
- Navarre Corporation Announces Exclusive Distribution Agreement With Destineer ()
- DGN Productions Launches Website ()
- Hirameki to Release Yo-Jin-Bo: The Bodyguards ()
- ADV Announces December 5 Releases ()
- Viz Media and Ty's Toy Box Form E-Commerce Alliance ()
- Superstar Olivia Headlines PMX ()
- ADV Acquires Best Student Council ()
- Mr Buckethead Appears at Zenkaikon ()
- Tokyopop Has Holiday Gift Giving Wrapped Up ()
just for fun
It's the first official user ranking of the Summer 2017 anime season - find out which shows are already making a claim for the top spot! ― Our team of reviewers are following 27 anime series of the Summer 2017 season and readers are rating each episode as the reviews go up. So let's have a look at what ANN readers consider the best (and worst) of the season. Keep in mind that these rankings are base...
just for fun
Zac, Jacob, and Discotek's Brady Hartel round up the summer 2017 anime season, plus Anime Expo, San Diego Comic-Con, Castlevania and much much more! ― ANNCast Episode 301 - Resurrection Zac, Jacob and Discotek's Brady Hartel round up the summer 2017 anime season, plus Anime Expo, San Diego Comic-Con, Castlevania and much much more! You can listen to the show on our player here, direct-download the M...
There are mountains of smutty doujinshi for every anime, manga and game under the sun - but what do the original artists think of it in Japan? Justin explains. ― Aloysia asks: I understand that there's several mangaka that create BL/yuri doujinshi but there's also who don't. So how do they react to BL/yuri shipping? Do they get angry "My characters are not gay!" or just ignore it? Doujinshi, or smal...
Gabriella Ekens breaks down the secret inspirations behind every "fictional" character in Re:Creators' cast, ranging from manga to video games and beyond! ― Spoiler Warning for Re:Creators up through episode 15. Re:Creators is a copyright-safe version of that fanfiction every otaku has wanted to write at some point in their lives: a metatextual crossover showdown between characters from all the bigge...
Combine your talents as both kid and squid to ink your way to victory once again! Dustin Bailey finds out if this highly anticipated sequel holds up against the original. ― Two things are true of the Wii U—it was Nintendo's biggest hardware failure since the Virtual Boy, and it served as a home for some of the most fun, original games the company has ever produced. When the Switch came along to deliv...
This world of mermaids, satyrs, and centaurs may seem peaceful at first, but are there more complex politics in play under its surface? Wild horses couldn't drag us away from solving this mystery! ― The world of A Centaur's Life is populated with six-limbed wonders like angelkin, goatmen, mermaids, and of course centaurs instead of the four-limbed humans of our world. But is there something deeper go...
The creator of the very first Final Fantasy and his chief character designer on Terra Battle discuss their new projects at Mistwalker and the legacy of their JRPG work. ― Since he's responsible for creating the most well-known JRPG franchise of all time, Final Fantasy's Hironobu Sakaguchi has a vast legacy of game development behind him. But he's also got a wealth of ambitious projects ahead of him a...
Dustin straps in for a look at the recently-relaunched Ghost in the Shell online shooter to find out if it's still worth joining Section 9. PLUS: Pokemon GO, Dragon Ball FighterZ and much more! ― Splatoon 2 is out, and it's great. It's been dominating game time for me since the weekend, and that's been across every single mode—casual, ranked, single-player, and Salmon Rush. But just because there's a...
Despite being a far-flung film prequel to its source material, No Game No Life Zero might just outshine the original TV series. Kim Morrissy breaks down what makes this movie shine. ― No Game No Life Zero isn't like the No Game No Life you've seen before. It takes all the interesting themes of the original TV series and peels away all the fanservice and frivolities, resulting in a tonally different n...
Our full, spoiler-free report from the premiere of Netflix's hotly anticipated live-action Death Note film, complete with photos and what you should expect from the movie. ― San Diego Comic-Con: The epicenter of western pop culture entertainment. As fans lined up for hours to get a peek at the latest Thor and Justice League movies, a few blocks away from Hall H, a smaller, but enthusiastic crowd vied...
Fans of Astro Boy, Cyborg 009 and other timeless classics have long asked: why isn't this stuff more popular with American audiences? ― Nik asks: Osamu Tezuka and Shotaro Ishinomori are two of my favorite manga/anime creators. My favorite aspect of their works is the "retro" and "rounded" look of the characters. Properties like Cyborg 009, Kikaider, and Astro Boy are extremely appealing to me in an ...
The producer of Netflix's Castlevania answers a few questions about his favorite anime, working with an international team and dealing with fan expectations. ― Named “one of the most influential global Indian men” by GQ magazine in 2014, producer and director Adi Shankar has very quickly made a name for himself among anime fans as producer of Netflix's Castlevania, an animated adaptation of Konami's ...
There were 80 light novels released in English in 2016, and 2017 has already surpassed that number. Kim Morrissey takes a in-depth look at the blossoming light novel market. ― Light novels are becoming a hot new property in the English-speaking market these days. In 2016 alone, over 80 light novel volumes were published in English translation, a number that 2017 has already surpassed. These Japanese ...
This first volume about the life of a BL-loving straight boy struggles to be funny without too much cruelty. Rebecca Silverman weighs this comedy's pros and cons. ― If you distill it down to its most basic message, The High School Life of a Fudanshi is about all of the issues that come with being the “wrong” gender for a fandom. That's something plenty of people have experienced, from just not fittin...
My Hero Academia's newest villain is bloodthirsty to a shocking extreme, but does he have a good reason to hate heroes so much? This week, we take a look at the world through his creepy red eyes. ― Welcome to our new twice-weekly format for This Week in Anime! Going forward, two members of our team will discuss just one hot new anime topic in each column, starting off with a discussion of My Hero Aca...
We sat down with the talents behind the anime adaptation of this hit shonen manga to discuss what it was like bringing competitive dance to life through animation. ― Shortly before its first two episodes premiered at Anime Expo, we sat down with the staff behind this season's Welcome to the Ballroom, a visually ambitious action drama about the world of competitive dance. Animation Director Takahiro C...
just for fun
Perry's dedication to the True Fan Comic-Con Experience wavers when the footage he's waiting to see leaks while he's in line... ―
Garo's second season never quite manages to redeem itself, resulting in a finale that's difficult to care about. Rebecca Silverman conducts her autopsy. ― It is a sad day when a series' explication takes so long that the monsters themselves get tired of listening to it and just attack. While that's not literally true of Garo: Crimson Moon, it still feels like the best explanation we've got for its ev...