Press Releases - December 2014
- SpringFestNY 2015 Canceled Amid Delays ()
- Anime Consortium Japan Announces Its 1st Streaming Titles: Tsukimonogatari & THE [email protected] CINDERELLA GIRLS ()
- MangaGamer Announces Release of Space Pirate Sara! ()
- MangaGamer Announces Pre-Orders for eden* and eden* Plus Mosaic! ()
- Littlewitch On Steam Greenlight, Download Available Now ()
- Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1, Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth2: Sisters Generation, Fair Fencer F Announced for Steam ()
- MangaGamer Announces XXXmas Sale ()
- Giovanni's Island, World's First E-SAKUGA Multi-Touch book ()
- Bandai Announces One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 Will Debut in the Americas ()
- Brand New World: TAKII 18 ()
- Viz Media and Eleven Arts Present Theatrical Premiere of The Last: Naruto The Movie in Major U.S. Cities Beginning in February ()
- Aniplex of America set to Import Fate/stay night (Unlimited Blade Works) Blu-ray Disc Box I this March ()
- New Pac-Man Face Watch Chomps the Time Away for Android Wear ()
- Hanabee To Release Kids on the Slope Combo Pack ()
- Hanabee Announces Koimonogatari for Release in February ()
- Hanabee To Release AKB0048 Complete Collection in February ()
- Hanabee Announces Complete Collection of Hiiro no Kakera ()
- Lantis Festival at Las Vegas Adds Special Appearance by Hatsune Miku ()
- Hanabee Announces Humanity Has Declined ()
- Section23 Films Announces April Slate ()
- Yu-Gi-Oh Championship Series Comes to Charleston, South Carolina ()
- UDON Entertainment Announces Capcom Fighting Tribute Art Initiative ()
- Sentai Filmworks Licenses Hayate the Combat Butler: Can't Take My Eyes Off You ()
- Toonami Channel to Launch in Thailand ()
- Yuuhei Satellite to Debut at TouhouCon 2015 ()
- Hanabee Announces The Ambition of Oda Nobuna ()
- Aniplex of America Acquires New Winter Season Title: Saekano:How to Raise a Boring Girlfriend ()
- Viz Media Launches Akira Toriyama's Jaco The Galactic Patrolman Manga Series ()
- Sentai Filmworks Licenses She, The Ultimate Weapon ()
- Baltimore Symphony Orchestra Presents Pokémon: Symphonic Evolutions, May 1, 2015 ()
- Cowboy Bebop Comes to Hulu December 19 ()
- Viz Media Concludes 2014 with Digital Manga Update ()
- MOE Can Change! -Myroid 4 Life- New Release in Three Additional Countries ()
- Sentai Filmworks Licenses Unlimited Psychic Squad ()
- Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- Available Nationwide ()
- Hanabee Entertainment to Release Majestic Prince Part 2 ()
- New Konami Yu-Gi-Oh! Secrets of Eternity Booster Set ()
- MOE Can Change! -Myroid 4 Life- and Animal Boyfriend Reach Over 200,000 Downloads ()
- Lantis Anisong World Tour Presented in Conjunction with Otakon Vegas ()
- Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters Releases 3/10/15 ()
- Sentai Filmworks Licenses DD Fist of the North Star ()
- Group 1200 Media Opens Theatrical Division Based in New York City ()
- Otakon Vegas Proud to Host Prolific Artist Wendee Lee ()
- Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth2: Sisters Generation Updated Release Date ()
- AnimeCon.org Announces Updated Refund Policy ()
- Lantis Festival Launches Youtube Channel ()
- Otakon Vegas to Feature Animator, SUSHIO ()
- Anime Festival Asia 2014 Welcomes Record Attendance ()
- Veteran Voice Actor Steve Blum to Guest at Otakon Vegas ()
- Otakon Vegas Welcomes Voice Actress Mary Elizabeth McGlynn ()
- Voice Actress Lisa Ortiz to Guest at Otakon Vegas ()
- BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend Releases on Steam ()
- Berserk Griffith The Battle for Doldrey Figure Now Available ()
- Rune Factory 4 Available Now in Europe and Australia ()
- Yakitate!! Japan Part 1 Available March 3, 2015 ()
- Bushiroad Reveals Plans for First Half of 2015 ()
- LiSA Releases Sword Art Online ED Single "SHIRUSHI" ()
- Prominent U.S. Distributor for Japanese Toy and Collectibles Enhances Executive Team with New Director of Marketing ()
- Lantis Festival Announces JAM Project Solo Performances ()
- Debutting in 2015 Cardiff Anime Con, Bristol Anime Con ()
- Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2 Record Breaker Coming to North America Early 2015 ()
- Viz Media Debuts Naoki Urasawa's Suspenseful Manga Series Master Keaton ()
- Director Isao Takahata's Anime “Gauche the Cellist” Multi-Touch Book Now on Sale ()
- NeoAniCon 2015 Registration Rates, Artist Alley and Dealer's Room Space Rates Finalized ()
- “ENCORE” Live Concert Movie Screening Comes to Los Angeles on Dec. 15 ()
- Viz Media Makes Holiday Anime/Manga Shopping Easy with New Gift Guide ()
- MangaGamer Announces Winter Sale ()
- Persona 5 Coming to the Americas on PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4 in 2015 ()
- Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Generation Available Today on App Store and Google Play ()
- SaikouCon Welcomes RuffleButt Cosplay as Guest of Honor to SaikouCon 2015 ()
- Viz Media Details Sailor Moon Season 1 Set 2 Anime Release ()
- VIZ Media Opens December and the Holiday Season With Update and Promotions ()
- Rune Factory 4 Comes to Europe and Other PAL Territories ()
- Animoca Brands Expands Its Astro Boy Series ()
- Anime Festival Asia 2014 Shares Updates on Regional Plans and Collaborations with Key Industry Heavyweights ()
- YKK's Animation Fastening Days Now Playing Worldwide ()
- Viz Media Acquires Junji Ito's Fragments of Horror Manga ()
- Night Shift Nurses: RN's Revenge Available March 3, 2015 ()
- Midnight Strike Force Available March 3, 2015 ()
- Sentai Filmworks Licenses "Dai-Shogun -Great Revolution-" ()
- Etrian Mystery Dungeon is Coming to the Americas ()
- Viz Media Releases New Comedy Series Assassination Classroom ()
- Arc System Works' new action RPG Fantasy Hero: Unsigned Legacy releases today for PlayStation Vita ()
- Viz Media's Neon Alley Details December Digital Anime Update ()
"Anime fandom is so much worse now than it was when I was just getting started!" is a common sentiment, but is there really any truth to it? Justin considers the angles. ― Marshmallow Cello asked: With how everything being divisive and politicized nowadays, how badly has the anime fandom been affected by this? I notice that certain groups among the fandom often clash with others over such hot topics...
Gabriella delves into this dark fantasy film from the creators of the classic Night on the Galactic Railroad, while Paul breaks down all this week's new anime releases. ― I've been watching Dagashi Kashi 2 this season, and it's been an interesting experience. I don't think I've ever seen such a character-focused comedy sideline its most recognizable protagonist for so many episodes in a row before. ...
Love Live Sunshine maintains the goofy appeal of its predecessor while simultaneously struggling to escape its shadow. Nick Creamer finds out how this next generation of idols stacks up to the original hit-makers. ― How do you follow up a megahit? After the first season of Love Live turned into a sales juggernaut, Sunrise initially followed it with a second season that was essentially “Love Live, but...
Theatrical anime poster art isn't just unbelievably cool, it's also a part of history. Mike takes us on a tour of his personal collection that doubles as a fascinating exploration of the form. ― Think of that moment when you realized that you weren't some dumb kid anymore; that revelation that you could no longer be truly carefree, but instead had to at least pretend to be a grown-up. I don't think i...
This uneven but often charming journey into first love and hot-blooded justice has finally arrived on blu-ray! Nick Creamer has the details on Imaishi's bite-sized creation. ― Hiroyuki Imaishi's name is almost synonymous with the Studio Trigger brand. After providing dynamic key animation and highlights like FLCL's manga sequences early in his career, he became the flagship director for Gainax's last...
150+ photos of Osaka's biggest anime event ― Spring is in the air in Osaka. The plum blossoms are at their peak in Osaka Castle Park, and the cherry blossoms should start blooming next week. And it's time again for Osaka's biggest anime event: the Nippombashi Street Festa. This year was the 14th festival, held in Den Den Town, Osaka's equivalent of the otaku paradise of Akihabara. For those unfamilia...
Many anime couples don't get even get the chance to confess their feelings, much less tie the knot, but at least these lovebirds managed to take the first step together. These are just seven of the best popped questions. ― Hey guys! I missed you over the last two weeks. I was laid up recovering from a minor medical procedure, but it let me both catch up on this season, last season, and marathon 50-s...
As the first novel in this spinoff series to go beyond the anime adaptation, this is recommended reading for transitioning between the two versions. Theron Martin explores this new content. ― With volume 5, the Sword Oratoria novel series mostly passes beyond the end of its anime adaptation, picking up as Loki Familia is returning to the surface from the climactic events of the anime's final episode;...
Andrew Partridge , founder of Europe's Anime Limited and the Scotland Loves Anime film festival drops by to share his history and insight into the world of European anime distribution. ― ANNCast Episode 324 - Scotland Loves Anime Andrew Partridge, founder of Europe's Anime Limited and the Scotland Loves Anime film festival drops by to share his history and insight into the world of European anime di...
Violet Evergarden and The Ancient Magus' Bride make their bids for the top of the heap as the race grows closer in the final weeks of the Winter season. Find out where your favorites rank! ― Our team of reviewers are following 28 anime series of the Winter 2018 season and readers are rating each episode as the reviews go up. So let's have a look at what ANN readers consider the best (and worst) of t...
How long does it actually take for a production team to create a single episode of anime, end-to-end? ― Mark asked: I have a pretty simple question. About how long prior to a show airing does animation production start? So not pre-production meetings or voice acting or anything like that, but the artists sitting down and drawing the whole dang thing. How much of a lead time do these artists need to ...
The magical world of this hit fantasy anime takes inspiration from a rich history of fairytales and folklore. Rebecca Silverman explores the stories behind the many wonders of Elias and Chise's adventures. ― Kore Yamazaki is a dream of a mangaka. That's not just because she writes moving and fascinating stories that combine a slow, deliberate pace with likable and nuanced characters, but also because...
This sequel to the first action game in the franchise from KOEI-TECMO and Omega Force makes significant improvements on its predecessor, but is it worth a purchase? Heidi Kemps has the answers. ― Omega Force's record with anime and manga adaptations is a bit spotty. We've had disappointments like Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage and Berserk and the Band of the Hawk, but we've also had some real win...