Press Releases - January 2007
- Namco Bandai Games America Inc. Announces .hack//G.U. Vol. 2: Reminisce ()
- Infinity Studios Announces Sweety Volume 2 and Ninin Ga Shinobuden Volume 2 ()
- Organic Hobby Announces Revoltech Zerosiki ()
- Live Action Film Legend of the Doll to be Released in April ()
- Digital Manga Publishing Announces New Title ()
- Tora-Con Announces Guests and Preregistration ()
- ADV Announces March 27 Releases ()
- Del Rey to Release OEL Manga Featuring Avril Lavigne ()
- Madman Releases Fullmetal Alchemist Movie ()
- MaMoo, Letraset and NEO magazine manga T-shirt design competition ()
- Geneon Entertainment Inks Exclusive Deal with G4TechTV Canada to Bring its Most Popular Anime Programs to Canada ()
- Eagle One Media to Prodce Set of Voltron DVD Based on Comics ()
- Gonzo Rosso Online Licensed to Provide Enium's Online Game in Japan ()
- NYCC Announces More Special Guests; Important Deadlines ()
- Organic Hobby Announces "Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo" – 10” Soft Vinyl Figure ()
- Organic Hobby Announces Renji Murata PSE Products #06, Shining Tears “Elwin” – 8” PVC Figure ()
- Go! Comi Announces Portfolio Review at NYCC ()
- Street Fighter Mangas Coming to North America ()
- Tokyopop Looks Ai-Head at 2007 ()
- Bobobo-Bo Bo-Bobo on DVD February 13 ()
- ADV Announces Release of Utawarerumono Vol. 1 ()
- Viz Announces New Manga Series for First Quarter 2007 ()
- Adult Source Media Featured in Major Studio Release ()
- Zenkaikon Spring Formal Fund Raiser ()
- TenBu to release CD ()
- New York Comic-Con Seeks Fan Interviewers ()
- Pokémon Announces 2007 State Championships ()
- Tachigui: The Amazing Lives of the Fast Food Grifters USA premiere in NY ()
- Inu Yasha Secret of the Divine Jewel Now at Stores ()
- Viz Announces New VP of Content Management ()
- New York Comic Con Goes Live with Podcast Venture ()
- ICv2 Graphic Novel Conference Adds Prominent Panelists ()
- So-net and GDH Announce Capital Tie-Up ()
- ALC Publishing and Prism Comics at New York Comic Con ()
- Anime Today Interviews Carl Macek ()
- Organic Hobby Announces Brave Gokin 07 AV-98 Ingram 01 & 02 ()
- AnimeNext Manga Library US Tour Stops at NY Comic Con ()
- Dallas All-Con Features Celebrities, Sci-Fi, Anime/ Cosplay, Arts, Renaissance, Costuming, Film, and Theater Events ()
- Tokyopop Proudly Presents the Hit Japanese Fantasy Fiction Series - The Twelve Kingdoms ()
- Viz Media Announces New DVD Releases for Q1 2007 ()
- Right Stuf Reschedules Release of To Heart to March 27 ()
- Organic Hobby Releases Round-Vernian FAM-RV-L7 “Dillfam” and Mecha Action Series “Goldran” ()
- Organic Hobby, Inc releases the next two new figures as a part of Kaiyodo's “Revoltech Series, “Revoltech GR-2” & “Revoltech Griffon” ()
- Akiba Fest After Report ()
- Netflix Offers Subscribers the Option of Instantly Watching Movies on Their PCs ()
- Girl Power: Girls' Comics from Japan: An Exhibit ()
- Linda Linda Linda Theatrical Screening in Atlanta ()
- ADV Announces March 13 Releases ()
- Viz Pictures Announces Rare North American Screenings of The Taste of Tea ()
- Geneon Entertainment to Release Rozen Maiden ()
- Girl Power! - Girls' Comics from Japan - An exhibit ()
- Digital Meme To Release Rare Classic Anime on DVD ()
- Anime Network on Panel at IPTV Conference 1/24/07 ()
- Battle of the Bands at Anime Punch: Armageddicon II ()
- NYCC Reveals Anime Programming & Guests ()
- Viz Media Nominated in Multiple Categories at First Annual American Anime Awards ()
- Beet the Vandel Buster: The Sacrifice on January 30 ()
- Anime-O-Tekku Announces the Return of MomoCon ()
- Sakura-Con Announces First Japanese Guests for 10th Anniversary Celebration ()
- Anime Expo Announces a Renaissance for Hotel Availability ()
- Viz Pictures Announces Hartford Screening of Train Man: Densha Otoko ()
- Black Jack DVD Collection 2 to be Re-Released in March ()
- Anime Punch to Host Battle of the Bands ()
- Viz Media Obtains License to Download Death Note ()
- Anime Tour for the Cure Announces Guest List ()
- Dark Horse Solicits MPD-Psycho ()
- Live-Action Cult Programming Label Below the Radar Launches in March 2007 ()
- Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo Picked up by Cartoon Network for Second Season ()
- Kids' WB Sets Cooks Jar Entertainment's Spider Riders for Januay 20 Official Debut ()
- Le Chevalier D'Eon: Psalm of Vengeance Premieres February 8 ()
- Go! Comi Online Store Opens ()
- TenBu Productions brings Yoko Ishida to Daigacon 1 ()
- Manga publisher SelfMadeHero to launch in London ()
- Viz Pictures Announces Theatrical Screening of Linda Linda Linda in Boston ()
- ADV Announces 009-1 ()
- Yaoi Press Moves Stores and Opens Doors ()
- Anime Boston 2007 announces first round of guests ()
- Critical Mass Video Announces March 27 Release of Countdown Akira ()
- ADV Announces March 6 Releases ()
- Right Stuf's Anime Today Interviews Crispin Freeman ()
- Three New Additions for Inuyasha TCG's Keshin Edition ()
- DMP Books Sale at Akadot Retail ()
- Chaotic Officially Joins 4Kids Lineup with 40 New Episodes ()
- The American Cinemtheque Presents Classic Japanese Films at the Aero Theatre ()
- Eigomanga Makes Presentation During MacWorld ()
- Namco Bandai Announces Naruto: Ultimate NInja 2 ()
- Naruto for the Nintendo DS ()
- Air Gear: East Side Showdown Premieres January 25 on Anime Network ()
- ADV Announces April 10 Release for Kurau Phantom Memory ()
Being surrounded by sexy love interests might seem like paradise to some, but one fan's heaven is another fan's hell. Here are seven harems with no good apples to choose from! ― Harem anime is a well-established romance sub-genre, and while most incarnations these days put our hero into a magical world outside of his own, romance options have spanned trains, transforming soda cans, and potential lit...
UQ Holder’s ninth volume makes the most of its prolonged training arc material. Nick Creamer weighs the pros and cons of Ken Akamatsu's latest series. ― UQ Holder has always been an inherently strange shounen property. With its focus on a team of heroes who are all gifted with some form of immortality, the manga has at time had trouble offering compelling opponents for its protagonists. And main char...
Could Netflix's influence solve the many production and salary woes plaguing the anime industry? Justin considers the angles. ― Earl asks: The trailer for the new Castlevania anime came out today and my coworkers and I were remarking on the animation quality. It's an American production (despite what I thought initially), but it got me thinking... Would Netflix-style contracts/production be a way ou...
From fearsome warriors to gluttonous goofballs, Attack on Titan's cast is filled with a variety of colorful female characters. Rose Bridges explains what makes its cast of ladies so unique. ― Spoiler Warning: This article contains spoilers for the Attack on Titan anime up through episode 31, and also vaguely alludes to events from the Attack on Titan light novel "Lost Girls." Since the first season's...
Zac, Jacob and special guest Gabriella Ekens stitch their brains together for a deep dive on the entirety of PSYCHO-PASS - both seasons (yes, both seasons) and the film. ― ANNCast Episode 297 - Psycho-Pass Zac, Jacob and special guest Gabriella Ekens stitch their brains together for a deep dive on the entirety of PSYCHO-PASS - both seasons (yes, both seasons) and the film! You can listen to the show...
Miss Hokusai demonstrates the power of articulating life as it is lived, presenting a rich portrait of both its historical moment and its charming heroine. ― The great painter Hokusai is one of the most famous and internationally renowned artists in Japanese history. Responsible for works as recognized as The Great Wave off Kanigawa (itself an element of the vastly influential 36 Views of Mount Fuji)...
The world-famous composer behind the music of Silent Hill discusses his long career making scary games scarier, along with his latest, the score for Let It Die. ― Japanese composer Akira Yamaoka, renowned for his work on Silent Hill's soundtrack, attended this year's Granada FicZone. He's also credited for many other video game scores such as Shadows of the Damned, Lollipop Chainsaw, and Killer Is De...
An ancient Fire Emblem game from the depths of the Famicom library gets resurrected on the 3DS - but is it worth your time? PLUS: Mario's got a gun, Netflix for games and much more! ― If you've followed this column for a while, you've probably noticed that I've got a taste for a lot of the games Nintendo puts out. Yet I've never delved deep into Fire Emblem. I played the first Western release when it...
This princess is more interested in actually ruling and political intrigue than finding a prince in this first volume of Aya Shirosaki's shoujo manga. Rebecca Silverman has the details. ― Gleam is the second manga release from e-publisher Cross Infinite World (the first being Little Hero), and a totally different bird from their usual fare. Where before all of their series featured ordinary girls bei...
just for fun
Nobody expected the titans to be felled by tanuki - The Eccentric Family slides into #1! See how your favorite shows fared in our weekly user rankings! ― Our team of reviewers are following 27 anime series of the Spring 2017 season and readers are rating each episode as the reviews go up. So let's have a look at what ANN readers consider the best (and worst) of the season. Keep in mind that these ra...
Anime on bluray sometimes looks very different from the way we might remember it - Justin explains how it's a little less scientific than we might think. ― Stanley asks: I have a technical question about Blu-ray transfers, particularly the film to Blu-Ray ones. I've been starting up a Blu-Ray collection recently and was looking at some comparison screenshots from a lot of classic anime titles and fi...
After 25 years of OVAs and spinoffs, is there "no need for Tenchi" after all? Theron Martin runs down the franchise history and what still stands out after so many other harem series have come and gone. ― When it comes to convoluted anime franchises, few short of Gundam can rival the endurance of the Tenchi Muyo! franchise. Over the course of 25 years, it has spawned two main 26-episode TV series, th...
This series brings the gore, sex, and action at full volume, but does it have enough substance to balance out the madness? Rebecca Silverman weighs in. ― Murciélago, which is Spanish for “bat,” is definitely one of the darker stories to come out recently. It follows the gruesome, and occasionally sexy, adventures of Kuroko Koumori, a slightly-reformed mass murderer as she works for the Metropolitan P...