Press Releases - December 2009
- Kawaii Kon Announces First 2010 Guests of Honor ()
- Right Stuf's Nozomi Entertainment Announces Rental Magica Part 2 DVD Collection for April 6, 2010 ()
- X Japan Invites Fans to be a Part of History ()
- New Usagi Plush Toy Arrives from Dark Horse Deluxe ()
- Atlus Extends Holiday Cheer with the "Twelve Days of Atlus" Giveaway ()
- Echostream, OverClocked ReMix, and Uncle Yo to Appear at Genericon in 2010 ()
- Viz Cinema Opens 2010 with Exciting New Films from Japan ()
- Anime Midstream Releases Zettai Muteki Raijin-Oh DVD Volume 1 ()
- MaiOtaku.com Announces Anime and Manga Database ()
- Pop Show Japan Returns: Rock the Maid Show in Baltimore ()
- NHK - A Japanese Major TV Network - Doing a Documentary on Reni Mimura ()
- Nan Desu Kan Announces Inaugural New Year's Eve Costume Ball ()
- Animeleague Club London on February 6, 2010 ()
- Viz Media Announces New DVD Releases for February 2010 ()
- Cosplayers: The Movie Released on Crunchyroll ()
- Ragnarok Online Cares Campaign Launch ()
- All I Want for the Holidays are “Halo Legends” and “Red vs. Blue” ()
- Atlus Takes Trauma Team™ Fans Inside the Voice Recording Studio in Appropriately Titled "Behind-The-Scenes" Videos ()
- Critical Mass Video Announces Updated Specs for February 2, 2010 Release of Anime 18's Ogenki Clinic Adventures DVD ()
- Section23 Films Announces March Slate ()
- Snow Monkeys, Chinese New Year-Related Tours, and More - Winter 2009 – Spring 2010 Sunrise Tours ()
- Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. to Launch Yu-Gi-Oh! Trading Card Game Regional Qualifer Tournaments throughout Latin America ()
- Right Stuf's Anime Today Holiday Special 2009 ()
- Crunchyroll and Happinet Announce Release of Extreme Sci-Fi Action Space Opera Epic Series Cobra The Animation ()
- Anonymous Comix Launches New Collaboration Station ()
- Rising Anime Star Toshiyuki Kanno Discusses Direction of “The Babysitter” Episode within Halo Legends ()
- MomoCon Announces First Guests, Peripheral Events, Attendance Cap and Pre-Registration System ()
- 63 Original Songs Tune Up For 2009 Oscar® ()
- Japanese Christmas Show on December 20th at Harmon Cove Outlet Center in NJ ()
- Crunchyroll Expands its Korean Drama Catalog with a Partnership with Korea's Premiere Network Giant SBS ()
- Stardust Overdrive Special Edition Available Now ()
- The 67th Annual Golden Globe Awards Nominations ()
- Becca's U.S. Debut CD Alive!! to Drop on March 2, 2010 ()
- VIZ Media Kicks off 2010 with the Release of Natsume Ono's Manga, Not Simple ()
- All Launch Copies of SMT: Strange Journey to Include Bonus Soundtrack CD ()
- Gravity Int. Reduces Subscription Costs ()
- Ghost Hound, To Love Ru On Sale Today ()
- Crunchyroll Announces New Drama Service ()
- Yamato USA Fantasy Figure Gallery - Golden Lover ()
- CAN AM Comics and Anime Expo is Cancelled ()
- San Francisco Bay Guardian Holds a Special Event to Screen 20th Century Boys at New People Viz Cinema ()
- DC Anime Club's Manga Drawing Workshop ()
- DC Anime Club's Anime Swap Meet ()
- Pre-Registration for CPAC 2010 Back Online ()
- Michelle Knotz, Bill Rogers and Uncle Yo Confirmed as Special Guests for CPAC 2010 ()
- LeetStreet Boys Release New Single "Comiket" ()
- "The Monster Movie Fan's Guide to Japan" Available January 4 ()
- Pop Show Japan Debuting at Orpheus Nightclub in Baltimore, MD on December 12 ()
- Top Cow Launches on WOWIO ()
- Final Volume of the Ultimate Food Manga - Oishinbo Releasing January 19 ()
- Right Stuf and Nozomi Entertainment Announce the Aria the Origination DVD Collection for March 2, 2010 ()
- Critical Mass Video Announces March 2, 2010 Release of Anime 18's Night Shift Nurses: Clinical Confessions DVD ()
- Trauma Team Featurette - "6 Doctors" ()
- Comics and Cartoons to Invade Niagara Falls ()
- This Weekend Only - NYICFF Presents "Pom Poko" ()
- Anime Director Hiroshi Yamazaki Offers an All-New Vision of Familiar Characters in “The Duel” Episode of Halo Legends ()
- IVE USA Announces the Kotoko Budokan Live Tour Package ()
- Tainted Reality presents GPKISM and Seileen US Tour ()
- Destination Japan Announces the Tokyo Anime Freedom Tour 2010 ()
- New People Complements the Holidays with Fun Japanese Pop Inspired Gift Ideas ()
- C2E2 and NYCC Staff Hit the Road for Holiday Tour ()
- New 'Street Fighter Legends: Ibuki' Comic Series ()
- Exclusive New Release From Classic Nintendo Producer 'Hip' Tanaka ()
- Clannad After Story On Sale Today ()
- Digital Download of Higurashi in English to be Available Worldwide Exclusively at Mangagamer.com ()
- Funimation Entertainment Signs Distribution Agreement with Cybergraphix Animation ()
- 801 Media-Digital Manga Publishing's Adult Yaoi Imprint-Announces the Acquisition of Under Grand Hotel ()
- Sony Pictures Home Entertainment Brings Classic Animated Series Voltron to Mobile Gamers ()
- Tainted Reality to Give Away Tickets to See Utada Hikaru in Los Angeles ()
- Right Stuf's Anime Today Discusses Manga Cross-Stitch with Writer and Anime Expert Helen McCarthy ()
- The Yu-Gi-Oh! Trading Card Game Shonen Jump Championship Set to Rock the New Year in the City of Angels – Los Angeles on January 9-10 ()
- Tainted Reality to Air Exclusive Interview with Hangry and Angry Plus Hangry and Angry CD Give-Away ()
- Master Chief Takes the Fight to the Covenant in the Third "Halo Legends" Preview Episode," "The Package" ()
- Crunchyroll Expands Their J-Pop and J-Rock Online Music Catalogs with Superstar Groups Girugamesh, Hangry & Angry, MUCC, Vamps and Vistlip ()
- Viz Cinema Makes Music the Centerpiece of December's Film Program ()
- Section23 Films Announces February Slate ()
- Yen Press to Publish Manga Adaptation of New York Times #1 Bestselling Series Gossip Girl ()
- BLU Presents: The Spring 2010 Publishing Lineup ()
- Digital Manga Publishing and Softbank Creative Bring Harlequin Manga to eManga.com ()
- FUNimation Entertainment and Animé Los Angeles Announce an Advance Screening of RIN ~ Daughters of Mnemosyne ()
- Viz Media Unleashes Naoki Urasawa's Monster Anime Series on DVD ()
- JAPANiCAN Select: JTB Promotion Reduces Rates up to 51% ()
- Atlus Reveals Demon Password System for Upcoming Nintendo DS™ Sci-Fi RPG Shin Megami Tensei®: Strange Journey™ ()
- The Original Blue Bomber is Back in Mega Man™ Megamix ()
- Viz Media Announces New DVD Releases for January 2010 ()
- Halo Guru Frank O'Connor Discusses Creation and Content of Halo Legends Animated Episodic Films Coming to Blu-ray and DVD ()
- Rinkya Releases the Third Annual Yousei Report for the Eye of the Tiger ()
- Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. Helps Duelists Protect Their Favorite Cards with New Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Trading Card Game Card Sleeves and Portfolios ()
- Switchblade Pictures Double Feature On Sale Today ()
- Salvation from Your Otaku Christmas Dilemma ()
It's an original anime by Vampire Weekend frontman Ezra Koenig and famous actor Jaden Smith, along with a celebrity voice cast. What could possibly go wrong? Mike Toole investigates Netflix's latest original. ― They finally did it, folks: they animated Jaden Smith's Twitter account. That was what I thought after hearing Smith's character, Kaz, unwind the first of many bizarre pronouncements, in a bid...
just for fun
Zac and Jacob tackle Kenji Kamiyama's Napping Princess, plus the end of summer anime, new movies, and plenty of your questions! ― ANNCast Episode 306 - Nap Squad Zac and Jacob tackle Kenji Kamiyama's Napping Princess, plus the end of summer anime, new movies, and plenty of your questions! You can listen to the show on our player here, direct-download the MP3 version here, check out the show on Stitc...
Japan has an ocean of stage musicals based on anime, from Naruto to Sailor Moon - why don't they ever get released in the States? Justin considers the angles. ― Bunny asked: Sailor Moon's new musical cast were guests at a state anime convention, but I don't see it getting much further than that. We only have fansubs as a source, but I'd like to support it legally. I was wondering what would it take ...
The producer behind these anime-style action RPGs shares his inspirations as a developer and his ambitions for the simultaneous worldwide release of Code Vein! ― A long-time employee at Bandai Namco Entertainment, Yosuke Tomizawa is best known as the producer for the God Eater franchise. The God Eater games feature co-op multiplayer monster hunting within a story-focused experience. He is currently w...
So besides T&A, what is this season's Classroom of the Elite really about? Gabriella Ekens explores its takes on Nietzsche, Rousseau, and even other anime! ― What's the best way to organize society? How much power should be vested in the general population versus an elite leadership? And how should people be educated as to their best interests and true capabilities? Political philosophers have been m...
DBZ's saga comes to a close as heroes gather from across the universe to defeat Buu once and for all. Sam Leach dives into the conclusion to Toriyama's original epic. ― It's time for the final installment, not just of The Final Chapters, but of DBZ Kai as a whole. Before the recent movies and Dragon Ball Super, this was the definitive climax of Akira Toriyama's work. Appropriately, the Buu saga is ma...
Now that Re:CREATORS has concluded, did it live up to the promise of its premise? This week in anime, we break down where the series soared and where it sank. ― Now that Re:CREATORS has come to an end, did the show live up to the promise of its premise? This week in anime, Nick and Jacob break down where the series soared and where it sank. Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed by the particip...
The screenwriter behind next season's URAHARA offers insights about how anime fandom has changed over the years and how Crunchyroll is perceived within the industry. ― Natsuko Takahashi is a veteran writer in the anime industry, having worked on the screenplay for projects like Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo, Moyashimon, and Tokyo Magnitude 8.0. Although she wasn't officially announced as a gu...
Dustin gets wet and wild with the girls of Senran Kagura on the PS4, along with this week's biggest news and other new game releases! ― You may have heard that homebrew developers—hackers, if you're feeling nasty—found a fully emulated version of NES Golf on board every shipping Nintendo Switch. After seemingly endless mystery surrounding why the ROM was there, they eventually discovered how to activ...
This straight-to-Netflix shonen manga adaptation is finally available to own on home release! Rebecca Silverman finds out if it was worth the wait. ― After an initial run on Netflix, the anime adaptation of The Seven Deadly Sins has arrived on Blu Ray and DVD. This season, which covers roughly the first fifteen volumes of Nakaba Suzuki's original manga, is a combination of interesting references to t...
Sentai Filmworks made a big announcement about phasing out DVDs forever - but why? Justin has a few ideas... ― Jake asked: I was reading a recent article that stated Sentai Filmworks was essentially phasing out their DVD releases by 2019 and are primarily going to release Blu-ray only with a few exceptions. I know you have got this question in the past on who buys DVD's Vs. Blu-rays which seems to b...
One of anime's most prolific screenwriters discusses his legacy of work on Eureka Seven, Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, Ghost in the Shell, and what it takes to succeed as a writer in the industry. ― Dai Sato is one of anime's most prolific and accomplished screenwriters. He was the series composer for Eureka Seven and Ergo Proxy, and also wrote individual episodes for numerous series including Cowb...
Many anime revolve around the lives of otaku and other oddballs, but how many actually get their depictions right? Paul Jensen shares his best recommendations. ― The video game-themed comedy Gamers! has drawn a fair amount of attention this season, and not just for its wicked sense of humor. This show seems to have a strength that many anime series try and fail to obtain; it feels like Gamers really ...
Samus is back in this expansive, extensive remake of Game Boy original Metroid II, but can it capture that old Metroid feeling? Dustin suits up to find out... ― There's a lot of bombast to a title like Samus Returns. Not just a nod to the original Metroid II subhead, this is indeed the return of Samus after an interminable hiatus for the Metroid franchise. It's been thirteen years since the last 2D M...
What did this anime about fictional characters confronting their makers have to say about the creative process? This week in anime, we tackle the conclusion of Sota and Altair's story. ― Re:CREATORS is a story about fictional characters meeting the people who created them, but just how far does its metafictional rabbit hole go? This week in anime, Micchy and Steve follow Sota and Altair's tale all th...
To call the end of Danganronpa "shocking" would be an understatement! Jacob Chapman takes on the controversial final chapter in this SPOILER-FREE review. ― Prior to the release of this (second?) conclusion to the main Danganronpa trilogy, series creator Kazutaka Kodaka was emphatic in several interviews that this "new semester" would be completely open to newcomers. While it would bring closure to th...
It may never grab the spotlight like other long-running JRPG series, but the Ys games have a long legacy and a strong pedigree. With a new game on the horizon, here's everything a beginner needs to know. ― At one time a premier role-playing franchise that stood toe-to-toe against the likes of Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest, a variety of factors prevented Nihon Falcom's Ys from achieving the mainstrea...