Press Releases - February 2005
- It's a Mega March on Kids'WB ()
- Until the Full Moon Volume 2 set for limited release on March 23, 2005 ()
- ADV Films Announces March 15 Releases ()
- Yuricon announces Four Special Guests for the Yuri Revolution Event in Tokyo ()
- Anime Boston 2005 announces more voice actors ()
- 4Kids to Release YU-GI-OH! Volume 3.1 March 8 ()
- ADV Announces March 15 Release of The Five Star Stories ()
- ADV Films Announces Release of Gatchaman: Collector's Edition, Volume One ()
- Dallas' D7 Studios creates first-ever anime short film for Coca-Cola ()
- ADV Announces Cromartie High ()
- deviantArt.com Panel at Anime Overdose ()
- Sogencon Announces Guests and Events ()
- Anime Expo Guests of Honor ()
- Bandai and Manga Unleash Fifth Installment fo Stand Alone Complex ()
- Navarre Corporation Files Application to Withdraw Registration Statement ()
- Gundam 2005 Merchandise Lineup ()
- Gundam War and Catch Bell VVGs from Bandai ()
- Anime Night at F.R.O.G. Theatre in Fort Worth. ()
- Bakuretsu Con Announces Guests ()
- How To Draw Manga Art Class (Long Beach Ca) ()
- Viz to Release Full Metal Alchemist ()
- ADV Announces DVD Release of A Tree of Palme ()
- Transformers Cybertron Line Brings New Storyline to Brand ()
- Digital Manga Publishing Announces 2 New Websites & Three New Titles ()
- TRSI Press Release for April / May 2005 ()
- Critical Mass Release Information: April / May ()
- Katsuhiro Otomo's STEAMBOY - US PREMIERE - with Q&A by director Otomo ()
- ADV Announces Gantz Vol 2 ()
- Kids'WB! Unveils 2005-2006 Schedule ()
- Cartoon Network Unveils New Shows ()
- METROCON 2005 Anime Human Chess Match Casting Call ()
- AnimeNext Matches Tsunami Relief Donations ()
- Ionfuse Magazine takes to the skies with Wandaba Style in February ()
- All New Anime on G4 ()
- Seven Seas Announces Fan Art Contest ()
- Anime Overdose Announces English-language Premiere of A Tree of Palme. ()
- ShoPro named as Naruto licensor ()
- Bandai Entertainment to Co-Produce Eureka Seven ()
- Free Video Rentals for 4500 Sakura-con Attendees ()
- ADV Announces Release of DNAngel 3 ()
- Animation Insider Interviews Manga Translator and Author Fred Schodt ()
- Magical Shopping Arcade Airs on G4TechTV ()
- Anime Crash enters anime production ()
- Tokyopop Announces July Manga Launches ()
- eigoMANGA CEO Austin Osueke Is Featured On StirTV ()
- ADV Announces Divergence Eve Vol 1 ()
- Geneon Announces February Releases ()
- JAST USA Announces The Sagara Family ()
- Yu-Gi-Oh! and Shaman King Unedited Releases On Feb 22 ()
- Anime Expo 2005 announces AX2005 Manga Library ()
- Welcome to Tokyopop's Van Von Hunter ()
- ADV Announced Hello Kitty & Friends: Basket of Fun ()
- Movielink Expands Anime Library ()
- Kumi Koda in Concert at Kamikaze Con ()
- Viz Announces Launch of Shojo Beat ()
- Metrocon 2005 Pre-registration is open ()
- ADV Films February 15 Releases ()
- Kikaida & Ban Daisuke Return to San Francisco ()
- DH Press and Digital Manga to Release Vampire Hunter D Novels ()
- ADV Announces Blue Seed: Complete Collection ()
- CPM's The Boy Who Wanted to be a Bear at MoMA ()
- Yoko Ishida at Anime Boston ()
- ADV Announcees E's Otherwise ()
- 3 Anime masterpieces from Miyazaki releasing 2/22 ()
Could Netflix's influence solve the many production and salary woes plaguing the anime industry? Justin considers the angles. ― Earl asks: The trailer for the new Castlevania anime came out today and my coworkers and I were remarking on the animation quality. It's an American production (despite what I thought initially), but it got me thinking... Would Netflix-style contracts/production be a way ou...
From fearsome warriors to gluttonous goofballs, Attack on Titan's cast is filled with a variety of colorful female characters. Rose Bridges explains what makes its cast of ladies so unique. ― Spoiler Warning: This article contains spoilers for the Attack on Titan anime up through episode 31, and also vaguely alludes to events from the Attack on Titan light novel "Lost Girls." Since the first season's...
Zac, Jacob and special guest Gabriella Ekens stitch their brains together for a deep dive on the entirety of PSYCHO-PASS - both seasons (yes, both seasons) and the film. ― ANNCast Episode 297 - Psycho-Pass Zac, Jacob and special guest Gabriella Ekens stitch their brains together for a deep dive on the entirety of PSYCHO-PASS - both seasons (yes, both seasons) and the film! You can listen to the show...
Miss Hokusai demonstrates the power of articulating life as it is lived, presenting a rich portrait of both its historical moment and its charming heroine. ― The great painter Hokusai is one of the most famous and internationally renowned artists in Japanese history. Responsible for works as recognized as The Great Wave off Kanigawa (itself an element of the vastly influential 36 Views of Mount Fuji)...
The world-famous composer behind the music of Silent Hill discusses his long career making scary games scarier, along with his latest, the score for Let It Die. ― Japanese composer Akira Yamaoka, renowned for his work on Silent Hill's soundtrack, attended this year's Granada FicZone. He's also credited for many other video game scores such as Shadows of the Damned, Lollipop Chainsaw, and Killer Is De...
An ancient Fire Emblem game from the depths of the Famicom library gets resurrected on the 3DS - but is it worth your time? PLUS: Mario's got a gun, Netflix for games and much more! ― If you've followed this column for a while, you've probably noticed that I've got a taste for a lot of the games Nintendo puts out. Yet I've never delved deep into Fire Emblem. I played the first Western release when it...
This princess is more interested in actually ruling and political intrigue than finding a prince in this first volume of Aya Shirosaki's shoujo manga. Rebecca Silverman has the details. ― Gleam is the second manga release from e-publisher Cross Infinite World (the first being Little Hero), and a totally different bird from their usual fare. Where before all of their series featured ordinary girls bei...
just for fun
Nobody expected the titans to be felled by tanuki - The Eccentric Family slides into #1! See how your favorite shows fared in our weekly user rankings! ― Our team of reviewers are following 27 anime series of the Spring 2017 season and readers are rating each episode as the reviews go up. So let's have a look at what ANN readers consider the best (and worst) of the season. Keep in mind that these ra...
Anime on bluray sometimes looks very different from the way we might remember it - Justin explains how it's a little less scientific than we might think. ― Stanley asks: I have a technical question about Blu-ray transfers, particularly the film to Blu-Ray ones. I've been starting up a Blu-Ray collection recently and was looking at some comparison screenshots from a lot of classic anime titles and fi...
After 25 years of OVAs and spinoffs, is there "no need for Tenchi" after all? Theron Martin runs down the franchise history and what still stands out after so many other harem series have come and gone. ― When it comes to convoluted anime franchises, few short of Gundam can rival the endurance of the Tenchi Muyo! franchise. Over the course of 25 years, it has spawned two main 26-episode TV series, th...
This series brings the gore, sex, and action at full volume, but does it have enough substance to balance out the madness? Rebecca Silverman weighs in. ― Murciélago, which is Spanish for “bat,” is definitely one of the darker stories to come out recently. It follows the gruesome, and occasionally sexy, adventures of Kuroko Koumori, a slightly-reformed mass murderer as she works for the Metropolitan P...
Nick and Micchy have a lot to chew on this week as the tension ramps up in everything from Re:Creators to My Hero Academia, and even Boruto and The Eccentric Family! Plus, just what the heck is Heybot, anyway? ― Previous Weeks in Anime Week 1 - Week 2 - Week 3 - Week 4 Nicholas Dupree got into anime in high school, and manga even earlier. From One Piece to The Promised Neverland, he's the man to talk...
just for fun
Going to comic-con is EXTREMELY serious business - at least, according to Perry. ―
Appearing on Netflix at the same time as its theatrical premiere, this sci fi thriller from Polygon Pictures boasts more flair than bite. Theron Martin has the details. ― With Tsutomu Nihei's Knights of Sidonia manga being adapted into a CG anime series, it's no wonder that there would be interest in adapting his earliest project: the 1998 cyberpunk manga Blame! Although it was adapted into a series ...