Press Releases - March 2006
- Eureka 7 Online, AnimeVillage.com Returns ()
- Fullmetal Alchemist TCG Pre-Releases ()
- Adult Swim Unveils 2006 Programming Slate at New York Upfront ()
- Ai-Kon 2006 weekend passes on sale April 1 ()
- Media Blasters to Release Voltron ()
- Free Ohio Anime Convention: Animarathon ()
- Anime Punch! announces musical and industry guests ()
- uclick and TOKYOPOP's New Mobile Manga Application Delivers Manga to Go ()
- MatsuriCon Forced to Move Hotels ()
- April Issue of Newtype USA Features First Look at Blood+ Anime ()
- Dramatic Ninja Epic to Come to the United States ()
- The Eminence Symphony Orchestra presents Piano Stories III ()
- MatsuriCon Final Guest Announcements ()
- New Titles for Fall 2006 from Stone Bridge Press ()
- Critical Mass Video Announces Two New Titles ()
- Right Stuf Announces Boys Be 4 ()
- Wasabi Animusical Sequel Scheduled for JACON 2006 ()
- Kaiju Big Battel to perform at Anime Boston 2006 ()
- Haré+Guu Volume 3 Available June 6 ()
- HarperCollins, Tokyopop Announce Co-Publishing, Sales and Distribution Agreement ()
- Anime Expo 2006 announces first guest of honor ()
- Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Special Screening ()
- Keiko Takemiya in Shojo Beat ()
- Anime Expo 2006 & AsiaVision Unite ()
- Digital Manga Inc. Launches Five New Yaoi Titles ()
- FUNimation Develops Syndicated Anime Programming Block Distributed by OlympuSAT ()
- CPM Offers Patlabor Series For $100 ()
- Score Entertainment Promotional Partnership with Jakks Pacific ()
- ADV Unveils Nanaka 6/17 on May 23 ()
- Image Entertainment Announces Patlabor Movie ()
- Dark Horse May comics / June trades ()
- Right Stuf Celebrates 10th Episode of Anime Today with New Elements ()
- ADV Announces May 16 Releases ()
- Witchblade to be animation and air on TV ()
- CPM, Ithaca College Announce Negadon Academic Screening ()
- Anime Festival Orlando 7 Announces First Confirmed Guests ()
- Metrocon guest announcements ()
- Sakura-Con Announces New Guests of Honor including Camino ()
- Hideo Nakata's Curse, Death & Spirit Available Now ()
- Yasunori Mitsuda is coming to Chicago ()
- Exclusive interview with Kazuo Koike on darkhorse.com ()
- ADV Launches Michel May 9 ()
- Viz Media Named Master Licensor for Bleach ()
- 4Kids Entertainment Reports Fourth Quarter and Year-End Results ()
- Time Lag licensed by DMP ()
- ADV Announces May 2 Releases ()
- Watcon geek mini-convention in Waterloo, Ontario ()
- New Metrocon Vendor Signup System ()
- Yamato Introduces New Line of Collectibles Highlighting the Talents of Japan's Leading Sculptors ()
- ADV Announces April 25 Releases ()
- More Protoculture Addicts eBooks ()
- Japan-A-Radio celebrates Episode 100 of the Weekend Blastoff ()
- Mark Akin Releases New Electronic CD ()
- Fullmetal Alchemist TCG: A Hero's Passing expansion set ()
- Momocon 2006 guests ()
- Jacon 2006 Guests ()
- Adult Source Media Announces Daiakuji #7 ()
- Toronto AnimeCon lands Premiere of Animation Runner Kuromi 2 ()
- DramaQueen Announces New Title ()
- The world's first documentary on anime fandom comes to DVD ()
- Manitoba's Largest Anime Event Seeks New Mascot Design ()
- XSeed Games Ships Shadow Hearts: From the New World ()
- USA Today's Top 150 Best Seller List Features Naruto at #29 ()
- Con Text A Breakthrough in Convention Exhibitor Promotions ()
- Namco Bandai's One Piece: Pirates' Carnival" To Set Sail This Spring ()
- Miyazaki Movies Come to Toonami ()
- Viz Wraps Doraemon in Ferrero Chocolate for Latin American Consumers ()
- Go Comi Announces Two New Manga Series ()
- CPM Unveils Negadon Contest, Website, Trailer and Screening ()
- Now Shipping From Yamato USA ()
- TRSI Announces Episode 9 of Anime Today Podcast ()
- Sakura-Con Guests ()
- Atlus U.S.A. Announces "Super Robot Taisen: Original Generation" for the Game Boy Advance ()
- AnimeNext 2006 Hotel Sold Out ()
- Organic Releases Kaiyodo's "REVOLTECH Series” ()
- Anime Expo 2006 Pre-Reg Open ()
- Manga Announces Cast for Karas ()
- Funimation Entertainment and Sabella Dern Entertainment Launch Funimation Films ()
- Cosplayers and Anime Fans Wanted for Cosplay-a-thon in Irving, Tx ()
Our giant glittering gift guide continues with a tour through the stacks of this year's best artbooks, manga, box sets and much more! ―
What happens when the world of Parasyte collides with Hiro Mashima's Fairy Tail? Find out in our exclusive preview of Kodansha Comics' new anthology, Neo Parasyte m! ― There aren't too many manga that are as beloved as Hitoshi Iwaki's landmark series Parasyte - it's cited constantly by creators the world over as a major influence on their work. Out today from Kodansha Comics, Neo Parasyte m is an ant...
You probably can't even count the number of times jan-ken-pon comes up in anime. Why is it so ubiquitous? Justin has an answer. ― Samuel asked: Mind explaining the history of the Japanese version of Westerners' "rock/paper/scissors" known as jan-ken-pon (and what each gesture looks like and does to another gesture)? The game of Rock-Paper-Scissors is so ancient and so pervasive across the world, the...
Director Masaki Tachibana answered questions about his surprise hit anime series at this year's inaugural Anime NYC. Rachel Kelly has the details from this special screening and Q&A sessions! ― Princess Principal is an anime about cute girls being spies in a fictional, steampunk version of Victorian London, an original project that came seemingly out of nowhere. While it wasn't highly anticipated goi...
This surprisingly dark shoujo romance wraps its themes of colonialism around a "Little Red Riding Hood" tale. Rebecca Silverman untangles its heavy yet rewarding story. ― Well, hey there, Little Red Riding Hood! Aarne-Thompson tale type 333, the story best known as “Little Red Riding Hood” in English, has been one of anime and manga's go-to fairy tales for inspiration, and Spica Aoki's Beasts of Abig...
URAHARA is about as cute, unassuming, and completely under-the-radar as you can get. This week in anime, we dig in to see if we've been sitting on something special. ― URAHARA is about as cute, unassuming, and completely under-the-radar as you can get. This week in anime, Michelle and Jacob dig in to see if they've been sitting on a hidden gem this season. Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed...
Looking for the perfect way to express your otaku side no matter where you go? Our guide to the best anime fashion and accessories of the season will get you there! ―
just for fun
Who among us can resist the siren song of the kitchen after watching a bunch of Food Wars? ―
The first arc of Sword Oratoria that provided the season finale for its anime adaptation comes to a close. Theron Martin compares these two versions for any juicy details that may have gotten left out. ― Despite leaving out a few details here and there, the DanMachi anime series was largely a faithful and excellent adaptation of the source novels. The anime version of Sword Oratoria was a far less im...
just for fun
Jacob and Zac chew on Justice League for a while before digging in to your Twitter questions - Evangelion, Kino's Journey, Ancient Magus Bride and a whole lot more! ― ANNCast Episode 311 - New Dominion Thank Police Jacob and Zac chew on Justice League for a while before digging in to your Twitter questions - Evangelion, Kino's Journey, Ancient Magus Bride and a whole lot more! You can listen to the ...
Our 2017 Holiday Gift Guide begins with an enormous gilded mountain of 2017's biggest and brightest DVD and bluray anime releases! ―
What's the difference between letterboxing and pillarboxing? And what are those tiny black borders you see on some old anime that don't have any of that? Justin Sevakis explains. ― Duc asked: Every once in a while, especially when I'm watching an older movie on Blu-ray, I'll see a thin border around the picture. Why is that there? Also, can you explain the difference between pillarboxing and letterb...
Our correspondent saw the live-action Fullmetal Alchemist movie during its world premiere at Anime NYC this weekend - here's her full report, plus comments from the director! ― The live-action Fullmetal Alchemist movie, directed by Fumihiko Sori, made its world premiere at the Tokyo International Film Festival on October 25 and will open in Japan on December 1. Luckily for us, the movie made a specia...
Gabriella revisits the anime adaptation of this hit JRPG to see if it's worth watching on its own merits, while Paul runs down all this week's new releases along with a new king-sized Shelf Obsessed! ― Since in-game purchases seem to be a hot topic in the video game world these days, I figured I'd offer up a potentially obvious piece of advice as someone who's bought and collected all kinds of junk ...
Erina's evolution comes to a head as Soma battles Tsukasa in this exciting volume. Rebecca Silverman has the details. ― Ever since Erina's father Azami Nakiri returned to Totsuki in an orchestrated semi-hostile takeover, the school has been in an uproar. Not only is he trying to remake Japan's culinary world in his own image, but he's also dedicated himself to stamping out what he sees as unnecessary...
The complete manga that inspired the award-winning film is finally available in English. Rose Bridges compares this edition to its adaptation and as a work of historical fiction on its own. ― When I saw the film version of In This Corner of the World at Otakon this year, I was impressed and thrilled, but also struck by its odd plot structure. Nearly all of the film's driving narrative is in the third...
All of the news headlines from this weekend's Anime NYC event in New York City, plus our cosplay galleries and plenty of photos from around the convention floor! ― November 17-19, 2017, New York City Cosplay Galleries Cosplay Gallery Day I Cosplay Gallery Day II Photos From Around The Convention Floor Day One Headlines Viz Media Licenses Mazinger Z Infinity Film Viz Media Licenses That Blue Sky Feel...