Press Releases - March 2006
- Eureka 7 Online, AnimeVillage.com Returns ()
- Fullmetal Alchemist TCG Pre-Releases ()
- Adult Swim Unveils 2006 Programming Slate at New York Upfront ()
- Ai-Kon 2006 weekend passes on sale April 1 ()
- Media Blasters to Release Voltron ()
- MatsuriCon Forced to Move Hotels ()
- April Issue of Newtype USA Features First Look at Blood+ Anime ()
- Free Ohio Anime Convention: Animarathon ()
- Anime Punch! announces musical and industry guests ()
- uclick and TOKYOPOP's New Mobile Manga Application Delivers Manga to Go ()
- Dramatic Ninja Epic to Come to the United States ()
- The Eminence Symphony Orchestra presents Piano Stories III ()
- MatsuriCon Final Guest Announcements ()
- New Titles for Fall 2006 from Stone Bridge Press ()
- Critical Mass Video Announces Two New Titles ()
- Right Stuf Announces Boys Be 4 ()
- Wasabi Animusical Sequel Scheduled for JACON 2006 ()
- Kaiju Big Battel to perform at Anime Boston 2006 ()
- Haré+Guu Volume 3 Available June 6 ()
- HarperCollins, Tokyopop Announce Co-Publishing, Sales and Distribution Agreement ()
- Anime Expo 2006 announces first guest of honor ()
- Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Special Screening ()
- Keiko Takemiya in Shojo Beat ()
- Anime Expo 2006 & AsiaVision Unite ()
- Digital Manga Inc. Launches Five New Yaoi Titles ()
- FUNimation Develops Syndicated Anime Programming Block Distributed by OlympuSAT ()
- CPM Offers Patlabor Series For $100 ()
- Score Entertainment Promotional Partnership with Jakks Pacific ()
- ADV Unveils Nanaka 6/17 on May 23 ()
- Image Entertainment Announces Patlabor Movie ()
- Dark Horse May comics / June trades ()
- Right Stuf Celebrates 10th Episode of Anime Today with New Elements ()
- ADV Announces May 16 Releases ()
- Witchblade to be animation and air on TV ()
- CPM, Ithaca College Announce Negadon Academic Screening ()
- Anime Festival Orlando 7 Announces First Confirmed Guests ()
- Metrocon guest announcements ()
- Sakura-Con Announces New Guests of Honor including Camino ()
- Hideo Nakata's Curse, Death & Spirit Available Now ()
- Yasunori Mitsuda is coming to Chicago ()
- Exclusive interview with Kazuo Koike on darkhorse.com ()
- ADV Launches Michel May 9 ()
- Viz Media Named Master Licensor for Bleach ()
- 4Kids Entertainment Reports Fourth Quarter and Year-End Results ()
- Time Lag licensed by DMP ()
- ADV Announces May 2 Releases ()
- Watcon geek mini-convention in Waterloo, Ontario ()
- New Metrocon Vendor Signup System ()
- Yamato Introduces New Line of Collectibles Highlighting the Talents of Japan's Leading Sculptors ()
- ADV Announces April 25 Releases ()
- More Protoculture Addicts eBooks ()
- Japan-A-Radio celebrates Episode 100 of the Weekend Blastoff ()
- Mark Akin Releases New Electronic CD ()
- Fullmetal Alchemist TCG: A Hero's Passing expansion set ()
- Momocon 2006 guests ()
- Jacon 2006 Guests ()
- Adult Source Media Announces Daiakuji #7 ()
- Toronto AnimeCon lands Premiere of Animation Runner Kuromi 2 ()
- DramaQueen Announces New Title ()
- The world's first documentary on anime fandom comes to DVD ()
- Manitoba's Largest Anime Event Seeks New Mascot Design ()
- XSeed Games Ships Shadow Hearts: From the New World ()
- USA Today's Top 150 Best Seller List Features Naruto at #29 ()
- Con Text A Breakthrough in Convention Exhibitor Promotions ()
- Namco Bandai's One Piece: Pirates' Carnival" To Set Sail This Spring ()
- Miyazaki Movies Come to Toonami ()
- Viz Wraps Doraemon in Ferrero Chocolate for Latin American Consumers ()
- Go Comi Announces Two New Manga Series ()
- TRSI Announces Episode 9 of Anime Today Podcast ()
- Sakura-Con Guests ()
- Atlus U.S.A. Announces "Super Robot Taisen: Original Generation" for the Game Boy Advance ()
- CPM Unveils Negadon Contest, Website, Trailer and Screening ()
- Now Shipping From Yamato USA ()
- AnimeNext 2006 Hotel Sold Out ()
- Organic Releases Kaiyodo's "REVOLTECH Series” ()
- Anime Expo 2006 Pre-Reg Open ()
- Manga Announces Cast for Karas ()
- Funimation Entertainment and Sabella Dern Entertainment Launch Funimation Films ()
- Cosplayers and Anime Fans Wanted for Cosplay-a-thon in Irving, Tx ()
Revue Starlight jumps 14 PLACES on the chart to challenge Attack on Titan for the throne! Find out how your favorite shows performed in our weekly user rankings. ― Our team of reviewers are following 27 anime series of the Summer 2018 season and readers are rating each episode as the reviews go up. So let's have a look at what ANN readers consider the best (and worst) of the season. Keep in mind tha...
J.C. Staff megaproducer Yuji Matsukura has over 120 anime titles to his name, from Food Wars to A Certain Magical Index - so when fans lined up to ask him questions at Otakon 2018, the results were unpredictable - and fascinating! ― Food Wars fans came in droves to J.C. Staff producer Yuji Matsukura's panel at Otakon this year in Washington, DC. Matsukura is a legendary producer, with 120 titles unde...
There's some unsettling news coming out of visual novel publisher Sekai Project right now - Heidi files some editorial commentary on what we might expect. PLUS: Zelda-flavored Diablo on Switch, Fist of the North Star and more! ― Hey, you know what makes any day more exciting? A whole lot of exploding Fist of the North Star heads. Thanks, Sega! Now that we've had our dose of Kenshiro, let's move on to...
Hanebado! came on strong as the world's most melodramatic badminton anime, but has it taken those heights of angst too far? Micchy and Steve hang on for dear life through this series' wild mood swings. ― Hanebado! came on strong as the world's most melodramatic badminton anime, but has it taken those heights of angst too far? This week, Micchy and Steve hang on for dear life through this series' wild...
In the growing catalogue of LGBTQ+ manga, That Blue Sky Feeling's thoughtful tone and respect for its characters makes it a must-read. Rebecca Silverman has the details. ― Rumors are the lifeblood of many a school or workplace. Sometimes there's nothing malicious behind them, but other times the rumors can be socially or emotionally devastating to their subjects. That's what Dai Noshiro is convinced ...
The director of the international phenomenon known as Fate/Grand Order talks about the last year of incredible success, what the English playerbase has been like, plus some insight from Saber herself, Ayako Kawasumi! ― At nearly every major anime convention these days your eyeballs will be greeted by massive, city-carpeting advertisements for Aniplex's massive Fate/Grand Order mobile game, which laun...
You may not have read any of Morimi's novels yet, but you've probably seen one - and it likely blew your mind! From The Tatami Galaxy to The Eccentric Family, Kim Morrissy celebrates the incredible anime adaptations of one exceptional Japanese novelist. ― If you're a fan of the anime director Masaaki Yuasa, then you've probably come across the novelist Tomihiko Morimi in some form. The Tatami Galaxy ...
Shocking revelations about Isao Takahata's treatment of his staff in Toshio Suzuki's recent book have some fans asking: what are we supposed to think of his films and his legacy now? Justin considers the angles. ― Fartball asked: Isao Takahata was one of my favorite anime directors, and I was heartbroken when he died a few months ago. Now Ghibli's producer Toshio Suzuki is saying Takahata was an awf...
The Promised Neverland runs through a dazzling series of twists and betrayals in its pulse-pounding third volume. Nick Creamer has the details. ― The Promised Neverland hits the ground running in its third volume, opening with new allies Gilda and Don staging a daring and likely ill-advised break-in of Isabella's secret room. Their extremely rash choice leads to both discord within the main group and...
Planet With is the first original anime project written by beloved manga author Satoshi Mizukami, and it's been absurd and exciting from the start to its shocking halfway point cliffhanger. Nick and Jacob try to make sense of this mecha action rollercoaster. ― Planet With is the first original anime project written by beloved manga author Satoshi Mizukami, and it's been absurd and exciting from the s...
World-famous voice actors Bryce Papenbrook and Yuki Kaji get together for a fun chat about one of the roles they share: The Seven Deadly Sins' fearless hero, Meliodas! ― To the excitement of fans, popular series, The Seven Deadly Sins, returns with an upcoming movie on August 18, 2018. As one of top watched anime on Netflix, an upcoming film in August 2018, and a lineup of the biggest names in the in...
This 3DCG anime comedy dripping with 90s arcade lore from classics like Final Fight and Street Fighter II doesn't hit Netflix until December, but we've got all the details from the premiere at Otakon - with comments from the show's producers! ― The Hi Score Girl anime had a long road to production. Originally announced in 2013, the project was sidelined after SNK Playmore filed a criminal complaint a...
The heroes of Is it Wrong to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? venture outside Orario for once in this adventurous volume. Theron Martin has the details. ― For all of the great work that writer Fujino Omori has done with the setting of DanMachi, details on any locations beyond Orario and its immediate environs have been woefully limited. Although a couple of short stories in the main series have transpired...
Feast your eyes on another batch of incredible costumes from this weekend's Otakon 2018 in Washington, DC! ― IMG 1.jpg IMG 2.jpg IMG 3.jpg IMG 4.jpg IMG 5.jpg IMG 6.jpg IMG 7.jpg IMG 8.jpg IMG 9.jpg IMG 10.jpg IMG 11.jpg IMG 12.jpg IMG 13.jpg IMG 14.jpg IMG 15.jpg IMG 16.jpg IMG 17.jpg IMG 18.jpg IMG 19.jpg IMG 20.jpg IMG 21.jpg IMG 22.jpg IMG 23.jpg IMG 24.jpg IMG 25.jpg IMG 26.jpg
We've got not one but TWO Dekus! Steel yourself for this super fun chitchat with both the Japanese and English voices of My Hero Academia's Izuku "Deku" Midoriya, the charming and energetic Justin Briner and Daiki Yamashita! ― You probably don't need to be introduced to the phenomenon known as My Hero Academia – the blockbuster superhero manga is not only one of the most popular anime to come along i...
Back in the early 80s, the godfather of Gundam tried his hand at a fantasy-flavored mecha war epic - the result was Aura Battler Dunbine, a dizzying 49-episode Tomino tale finally out on bluray. PLUS: all of this week's new anime bluray and DVD releases! ― I'm finally getting a permanent office (read: cubicle) at my day job, which is a welcome step up from the computer on a table in a hallway I've b...
Oftentimes in the credits of an English dub, you'll see the same name in a couple different slots - maybe director, producer, and also the lead actor. Is the crew invading the booth? Justin explains. ― Tess asked: Looking at the dub credits on various anime, I noticed that a voice actor (who is often a lead) may also be credited as a producer. Because they're a producer on a series' (or an episode's...