Press Releases - December 2015
- Anime Impulse to Hold Brand New Gaming Maid Cafe in California ()
- Aniplex of America Announces U.S. Theatrical Release of Kizumonogatari Part 1: Tekketsu ()
- AnimeJapan Releases RED / GREEN / BLUE Stage and Open Stage Programs for 2016 ()
- Symphonium inc. Reveals English Website for CHIKA*CHIKA IDOL Anime Project ()
- DLsite.com Launches 20% Reward Points Campaign ()
- MangaGamer Releases Gahkthun of the Golden Lightning ()
- Udon Entertainment Releases First Two Volumes of Steins;Gate Manga in English ()
- Wake Me Up Asuna App Now Available Internationally from Sony Music Communications Inc. ()
- Udon Entertainment Announces Release of Street Fighter V One-Shot Comic for Free Comic Book Day 2016 ()
- Super Sonico's Christmas Song Now Streaming Worldwide ()
- World-Class Engineer Julien Merceron Joins Bandai Namco Studios ()
- DLSite.com Launches Winter Doujinshi Campaign ()
- MangaGamer Releases Sakura Santa ()
- J-POP SUMMIT Will Return to Historic Fort Mason Center in San Francisco for 2016 ()
- Silent Manga Audition Announces Master Class 2016 ()
- Silent Manga Audition Begins 2016 with an Extra Round in Cooperation with Fukushima SakuraMori Project ()
- Get Your Manga Published in Shonen Jump Plus ()
- Sentai Filmworks Announces April 2016 Release Schedule ()
- Olympusat's FUNimation Channel is changing its name to TOKU ()
- Omakase and Anime Expo Offer Holiday Bundle Combining Anime Subscription Box with AX2016 Four-Day Registration ()
- Sentai Filmworks Licenses "Tonari no Seki-kun: The Master of Killing Time" ()
- World of Warships and Arpeggio of Blue Steel -Ars Nova- Join Forces ()
- Swinging Popsicle releases Mobile Phone Lyric Video ()
- VIZ Media Continues to Spread the Popularity of Naruto Across Latin America ()
- VIZ Media Announces Naruto Manga Epilogue and the Release of the Final Manga Series Box Set Edition ()
- Summon Night 5 Available on PlayStation™ Network ()
- First Digimon Celebration Comes to Pittsburgh in 2016 ()
- Bushiroad Spring Fest 2016 Returns Bigger Than Ever ()
- Seven Seas Licenses Yuri Manga NTR: Netsuzou Trap ()
- Seven Seas Licenses Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid ()
- Tsukasa Hojo's Angel Heart, Free English Version Available Online ()
- 2 Grand Prix Winners Selected for Round 4 of Silent Manga Audition ()
- Libra of the Vampire Princess Kickstarter is Now Live ()
- MangaGamer Kicks Off Their Winter Sale ()
- Arc System Works' RadioHammer Available Now ()
- VIZ Media Opens 2016 With the Launch of Shojo Manga Series Honey So Sweet ()
- Seven Seas Licenses Land of the Rising Dead: A Tokyo School Girl's Guide to Surviving the Zombie Apocalypse ()
- Seven Seas Gives Shoujo Makeover to Pride & Prejudice Novel ()
- MangaGamer Adds Two New Games ()
- Right Stuf, Inc. and Sunrise Inc. Announce Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam Part 1 for March 1, 2016 Release ()
- Seven Seas Licenses How To Build A Dungeon: Book of the Demon King ()
- Aniplex of America Acquires Sci-Fi Thriller ERASED for January 2016 ()
- VIZ Media Announces Home Media Release Of Sailor Moon R Set 2 ()
- Seven Seas Licenses Monster Girl Encyclopedia ()
- Konami's Yu-Gi Oh! Trading Card Game Clash of Rebellions Special Edition Booster Set Available December 11 ()
- Bluefin Announces Expansion of North American Retail Channel Network ()
- Arc System Works Releasing 5 Titles on Steam by Summer 2016 ()
- Nexon America Announces Early Access Program for First Assault (Ghost in the Shell Online) ()
- VIZ Media Announces the Release of The Art of Magic: The Gathering—Zendikar ()
- Aniplex of America to Sell Exclusive Fate/stay night [Unlimited Blade Works] Artwork Merchandise ()
- Seven Seas Licenses Full-Color Manga, Please Tell Me! Galko-chan ()
- exist†trace Announces New Visual and Upcoming Album ()
- Seven Seas Entertainment Licenses Magia the Ninth ()
- MediBang Paint Adds iPad Pro and Apple Pencil Support ()
- SEGA to Release Yakuza 0 in the Americas ()
- Seven Seas Licenses My Girlfriend is a T-Rex ()
- Special 2-Day Boruto: Naruto the Movie Theatrical Event On Dec. 13th & 14th ()
- Yen Press Announces the Return of Fruits Basket and the Publication of Two New Series from Natsuki Takaya ()
- Idea Factory International 2015 Press Event Announcements ()
- VIZ Media Concludes 2015 With Streaming Update ()
- Konami Delivers Yu-Gi Oh! Trading Card Game Master of Pendulum Structure Deck ()
- Seven Seas Entertainment Licenses Holy Corpse Rising ()
- Seven Seas Entertainment Licenses My Pathetic Vampire Life Manga ()
- Seven Seas Entertainment Licenses Love in Hell: Death Life Manga ()
- VIZ Media Announces 2015 Holiday Anime Gift Guide Selections ()
- Seven Seas Licenses The Seven Princes of the Thousand Year Labyrinth Manga ()
- VIZ Media Details The First of Two Digital Manga Updates for December ()
- Street Fighter™ Unlimited #3 Covers and Variants Revealed ()
- Kinokuniya Bookstores (NY, San Francisco & Seattle) will host a Special Holiday In-Store Event feat. IA ()
- Yu-Gi Oh! Championship Series in Sao Paulo Winners Announced ()
- Seven Seas Licenses Lord Marksman and Vanadis ()
People know what a voice actor and a voice director do, but rarely do they know the role of the ADR engineer, the secret MVP of the world of anime dubs. Justin files an appreciation of their craft. ― Roman asked: I was watching some of my favorite anime and noticed a title of ADR engineer in the credits. I'm somewhat familiar with the role of ADR director, voice actor and script writer in anime dubs...
The students of U.A. are finally coming back to team up against the growing League of Villains! Nicholas Dupree has your catch-up cram session for all things My Hero Academia as season three approaches. ― In just a couple weeks, My Hero Academia will be coming back for its third season, which promises to be even bigger and more explosive than its predecessors. There's a lot to anticipate for fans of ...
It took 8 years for a Ni no Kuni sequel to finally surface, and now that it's here, there's both good news and bad for this lavish Studio Ghibli-esque action RPG. ― Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch was a bit too traditional for me. As a lover of RPGs and the films of Hayao Miyazaki, I figured it would be right up my alley. An RPG that looks and sounds like a real Studio Ghibli film is basically a...
Last week, Netflix released Studio Bones' ambitious new original sci fi anime. We take a deep dive into this dizzying blend of action, mystery, and body horror. ― Last week, Netflix released Studio Bones' ambitious new original sci fi anime, A.I.C.O. -Incarnation-. This week, Nick and Jacob take a deep dive into this dizzying blend of action, mystery, and body horror. Disclaimer: The views and opinio...
just for fun
Vice is pretty excited about his new cosplay. So are the local police. ―
japan travel culture
Here is your last chance to win a trip to Japan! Follow Kizuna AI as she talks about Japanese traits. ― Hello! I'm Kizuna AI, the (self-proclaimed) world's first YouTuber. I'm also the ambassador of the ‘Come to Japan’ campaign, which is organized by the Japan National Tourism Organization's (JNTO) New York office and designed to encourage everyone to come to Japan! First, I want to thank everyone w...
The classic 1987 anthology film finally comes to blu-ray, with a staggering amount of extras for diehard fans. Daryl Surat has the details. ― Many classic anime fans refer to a “golden age” of Japanese animation that roughly coincided with the peak of Japan's bubble economy from the 1980s through early 1990s, and perhaps no single title sums up that ideal more succinctly than 1987's Robot Carnival. E...
"Anime fandom is so much worse now than it was when I was just getting started!" is a common sentiment, but is there really any truth to it? Justin considers the angles. ― Marshmallow Cello asked: With how everything being divisive and politicized nowadays, how badly has the anime fandom been affected by this? I notice that certain groups among the fandom often clash with others over such hot topics...
Gabriella delves into this dark fantasy film from the creators of the classic Night on the Galactic Railroad, while Paul breaks down all this week's new anime releases. ― I've been watching Dagashi Kashi 2 this season, and it's been an interesting experience. I don't think I've ever seen such a character-focused comedy sideline its most recognizable protagonist for so many episodes in a row before. ...
Love Live Sunshine maintains the goofy appeal of its predecessor while simultaneously struggling to escape its shadow. Nick Creamer finds out how this next generation of idols stacks up to the original hit-makers. ― How do you follow up a megahit? After the first season of Love Live turned into a sales juggernaut, Sunrise initially followed it with a second season that was essentially “Love Live, but...
Theatrical anime poster art isn't just unbelievably cool, it's also a part of history. Mike takes us on a tour of his personal collection that doubles as a fascinating exploration of the form. ― Think of that moment when you realized that you weren't some dumb kid anymore; that revelation that you could no longer be truly carefree, but instead had to at least pretend to be a grown-up. I don't think i...
This uneven but often charming journey into first love and hot-blooded justice has finally arrived on blu-ray! Nick Creamer has the details on Imaishi's bite-sized creation. ― Hiroyuki Imaishi's name is almost synonymous with the Studio Trigger brand. After providing dynamic key animation and highlights like FLCL's manga sequences early in his career, he became the flagship director for Gainax's last...
150+ photos of Osaka's biggest anime event ― Spring is in the air in Osaka. The plum blossoms are at their peak in Osaka Castle Park, and the cherry blossoms should start blooming next week. And it's time again for Osaka's biggest anime event: the Nippombashi Street Festa. This year was the 14th festival, held in Den Den Town, Osaka's equivalent of the otaku paradise of Akihabara. For those unfamilia...